Unwanted Marriage

By Shadow_Widow

One day you found your sister in bed with your fiancé, Marcus Lancaster. She was supposed to marry Natasha Ro... More

1. Not the best first meeting
2. Getting to know each other
3. A taste of what can happen
4. Going above and beyond
5. Adultery
6. Tumultuous Times
8. Time to strike back
9. Close to danger
10. Mrs Romanoff

7. Getting Risky

278 22 4
By Shadow_Widow

"Y/N, please come here!" You were working at your desk when Millicent called you. "Y/N, you did very well last month. Therefore I want you to do this important interview. Director Lancaster from Lancaster Group has just gotten married. We will be interviewing him this time." That raised alarm bells in your head. Why would they be interested in him? "I think I can't..."

"Why not? Several people in the company saw him come to see you." She reasoned. "It's not like that, I-"

"Y/N, I think highly of you. That is why I decided to let you do this interview. Go and prepare the interview outline first."

You sighed as you stepped out of her office. The relationship with your family has become so complicated and weaved into your work. "Y/N, what is wrong?" Wanda asked. You dragged to somewhere quieter and told her that Millicent told you to interview Director Lancaster. Someone told her that you were his friend, but you don't think you're up for this job.

"Millicent asked you to interview Director Lancaster? Isn't he the handsome one that came last time? What's up with him?" You shook your head, Wanda would never get it without you telling her the whole story. She's much too focused on a person's look to see anything else. "Why? Skeleton in the closet? I brought this interview up during the meeting. You have to thank me!" Sharon came out behind you.

"Is there anything odd with the interview?" Wanda asked timidly. "Nothing odd, I am afraid that someone is too guilty to take the task. Afraid to meet him since he is married, and more afraid of being bullied by the legal wife!"

"Sharon! What nonsense are you talking about?" Wanda came to your defence. Despite knowing nothing much, the one thing she know is your personality and there was no way you would break a couple's relationship.

"I'm not talking nonsense, you'll know later."

You've done quite a few since you started working at Stark News and the outline was quickly done and vetted by Millicent. "The interview outline is okay. Since you and Mr Lancaster are friends, you can meet privately first. Afterwards, I'll arrange for him to come here and take pictures for the cover. If it wasn't for you being able to get an interview with Natasha Romanoff, we wouldn't have sold out all of our copies. The Chief Editor will definitely reward you! This is the last edition, you can keep a copy." She handed you the magazine with Natasha Romanoff on the front page. You could see why so many people have a crush on her. You were embarrassed to admit that you were staring at the front page for a while until Millicent told you you were free to leave.

You arrange a meeting three days later with Marcus with Lancaster Group. When the arranged date arrived, you went to his office but Stephanie was sitting on his chair instead of him. "What? Don't feel surprised?"

"You have painstakingly sent Marcus away. Is it because you have no confidence in him?"

"How is that possible? Don't think that I don't know that you still can't forget Marcus after so long." You rolled your eyes at her comment. She and Marcus kept getting involved in your life, you can't forget him even if you want to. "You're thinking too much. I'm not into taking someone's leftovers, only you treasure him."

"Hello? Is this Starks News? Your employee is very arrogant! We're here to do an interview, not to look at your employee's negative faces! Director Lancaster is very angry now! You must give us an explanation! What has she done? She hit Director Lancaster and even splashed coffee on him!"

"Y/N, we'll see how you try to explain your way out this time!"

"There is no need for an explanation. You have said what you wanted to say. I can't do anything about it." If you can handle Sherry's accusation about you, she is nothing to worry about.

===

You were told to enter Mr Stark's room and it was only your second time here after your interview. "I'll give you a chance to explain what happened today."

"I didn't meet with Director Lancaster, I only met his wife."

"Stephanie Y/L/N? Your sister?"

"How did you know?"

"I attended your wedding. I had some doubts at first. However, Natasha Romanoff's interview last time was successfully completed, so I can basically confirm it. I will let another person interview Marcus. It's okay if you can't do it. Don't worry about it."

"Are you giving me this privilege because I am Natasha's wife?" You asked. Mr Stark looked at you like you have a second head before holding her belly and laughing out loud. "Y/N, what are you talking about? Even though the Romanoff family is supreme, the Stark family is also not that bad. It's only that I want to protect this magazine. You're a dependable hard worker, not arrogant nor bad tempered. That's why I keep you here."

"Sharon will be in charge of the interview with Mr Lancaster. I hope Group 1 will cooperate with Sharon." Mr Stark told the company in an open meeting. You and Wanda were happy to see that Sharon was reaping her own words.

"Mr Lancaster, someone from Stark News just came, they left when you weren't here." Marcus's secretary told him as he came back. "Alright, I'll call them back." Normally, he would leave such a task to his secretary, but since he knows you are working there, he decided to be the one calling instead.

M: Hello?

S: Hi, Director Lancaster. I am the editor from Stark News. I am so sorry for what happened. I will let Y/N Y/L/N apologise to you!

M: Apologies? I had a meeting in the morning so I wasn't in the office and was unable to meet her.

He knew it had something to do with Stephanie telling him that there was something wrong with the factory and that his father was unable to do anything about it, pulling him away from his office.

S: ...I hope Mr Lancaster can give us a chance.

M: About the interview, I have no problem with it. You can arrange for it.

S: Thank you Mr Lancaster, shall we meet tomorrow at 11am?

M: Alright, see you at Birkins Restaurant.

Marcas was excited to see you at work. He wondered how you would look, and you must look very professional in your work clothes. "Prepare a new suit for me. It must be presentable and good looking. The more handsome the better!"

Words somehow spread and Natasha caught news that Tony Stark knew of your identity because of the conflict of Marcus's interview. "It is not a problem. I know Tony Stark. He has only started managing the company for the past few years. He has the capabilities but no ambition."

===

While Marcus was waiting for your arrival, he was daydreaming about how it was going to go. He really thought how the both of you were going to have a good time at the interview, chatting about work and not.

"Mr Lancaster, sorry to keep you waiting." A voice said as she pushed open the door. "It's fine, I have just arrived too... you are?"

"I am Sharon Carter, editor from Stark News, nice to meet you."

"Is it only you?" He asked as he subtly looked behind her. "What do you mean, Mr Lancaster?"

"Where is Y/N Y/L/N?"

"Mr Lancaster, because of Y/N's conflict with you previously, the company has decided to send me to interview you. You're looking for her now... to reapproach her?"

"Who asked you to change the interviewer?! What did she do wrong? Did I tell you to change her?!" He stood up and shouted at her. "Mr Lancaster, please listen to my explanation."

"Forget about the interview this time! If there is an opportunity, we will cooperate again in the future." He walked out a room without giving a second thought to Sharon. She clenched her fist, there's always you standing in her path. Before you appeared, everything was smooth sailing for her.

"Hello? Are you Stephanie Lancaster? I am Sharon Carter from Stark News..."

In the end it was Stephanie who was interviewed on behalf of Marcus. News was that Marcus had something on suddenly so Stephanie took the interview instead. As expected, the interview included remarks of her supposed confidence in Marcus to not get lured by other ladies.

"Y/N, don't you think she's provoking you?" Wanda asked as she read the interview printed out. "You think too much. It's just a simple interview. I'm going to the washroom."

You were washing your hands when you saw Sharon from the mirror with her lackeys. It was always the usual two following her. "So, do you feel anxious after reading the interview?" They surrounded you, making you unable to go anywhere. "I don't know what you are talking about." Sharon gave the signal and one of them went to the door to flip the sign indicating that the washroom was undergoing maintenance.

"What do you guys want to do?" They took a hold of your arms, locking you in place.

"What can I do? I'm just following orders. After all, I got an interview, and I had to do something for Mrs Lancaster, right?"

"Aren't you guys afraid that the Chief Editor will find out?"

"Ah! Really? I'm so scared!" She faked. "Oh, I forgot to tell you, the Chief Editor took a call and went out. Furthermore, the soundproofing of this washroom is pretty good. Who will know what we did to you?"

"Wanda knows that I'm in the washroom. If I don't go back, she definitely will look for me!"

She gave another signal and the others smacked your head on the counter. "No worries, Wanda can't come in even if she wants to." She took out her phone and snapped a photo of you. "Look at you, all fine and tender, the face of a vixen. No wonder Natasha Romanoff and Marcus Lancaster are both seduced by you!" You continued staring at her and pissed her off, making her knee you in the gut. "Bitch! How are you stare at me!"

"Sharon, how about we let it go? If anything happens to her, we'll be finished."

"What are you scared of?! I specifically hit her in places that can't be seen. Do you think she will go out lifting her shirt, telling others that we beat her up?" She shouted. "I will teach you a lesson today! A mistress is like a rat running across the street, everybody shouting and wanting to kill it." She turned to you and lifted you by your hair and pushed you into one of the stalls. "I want to see how you'll hang your head up high next time!" She closed the door and you rushed to open it but it was not budging.

You heard the sound of water only after it hit you, leaving you drenched in your clothes. "You just stay here and behave yourself. I'll let you out if I remember." You started hyperventilating and bangging on the door for anyone to help you out. You didn't want to be stuck here alone.

Message from Stephanie: You did a great job! I have long thought that your abilities were above average. If there is any problem in the future, come and find me.

"What are you doing?" Sharon asked when she saw Wanda walking past her. "I'm looking for Y/N, she's been in the washroom for quite a long time."

"The water pipes of the washroom on this floor are not functioning. The washroom is out of order."

"Then why hasn't she come back yet?"

"I just saw she seemed to have met someone she knows. They were talking and walking with each other, who knows where they went."

Wanda accepted it as it is and went back to her table with a thought. You wouldn't leave your bag and phone on the table, unless it was an emergency? There was a sense of unease with her the longer you left.

When everyone was clocking out of work, one of Sharon's lackeys asked if she was really going to leave you alone in the washroom. "Why even bother to care about her? After a while, the cleaner will come and know that she is there."

And true enough, the cleaner came round and saw someone place the maintenance sign in front and questioned it. No one told her that there was going to be maintenance here. "Who did this?! What the hell are they doing?" She grumbled when she saw a particular stall being really wet with a chair in front of the door.

"Ahhhh!" She screamed, getting the attention of Wanda heading there to check again. "Some-someone is dead!"

"Y/N! What happened to you? Wake up! Hurry! Call the ambulance for help!" She rushed out of the washroom to get to her cart and bumped into Tony Stark. She hurriedly explained what happened and he jumped into action. "It will take a while for the ambulance to come, I will drive her to the hospital."

At the emergency room, Tony and Wanda were waiting for any news of you as the doctors determined the best course of action for you. "It's my fault. If only I had gone into the washroom to have a look."

"It's okay, we can't change the past now. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Let's pray she isn't too affected."

The sounds of wheels turning caused them to turn their heads. "Where is Y/N?"

"Y/N is in the emergency room." Tony replied. "What happened? How did Y/N end up here? Now is not the time to be crying! Tell me!"

"In any way, I will give you a satisfactory explanation."

"I don't only want an explanation." Tony experienced Natasha's piercing eyes first hand and almost cowered in fear. It was no wonder rumour had said that she is merciless. "Well, I think I know who did it."

"I went to the toilet to look for Y/N. Sharon told me that I couldn't because it was under maintenance. Now to think of it, she just didn't want me to know that Y/N was inside. And also she always goes against Y/N, and even said Y/N was a mistress."

"Clint, go and check it out."

"What about you?"

"I will wait here for her."

===

It wasn't long before a doctor came out with the result. Your fever was high and ongoing and you were lucky you were brought to the hospital in time or it would have turned into pneumonia. They were also informed that you were going to be wheeled to another room later.

"Y/N... you're finally awake!" You saw three figures in front of you as you opened your eyes. "Why am I in the hospital?" You mumbled to yourself until you remembered what happened in the washroom. "Y/N, don't worry. We won't let her get away with this! Mr Stark already knows the entire story, they can't get away with it."

"We don't have proof."

"Are you just going to let her bully you and let her get away unpunished? This is just too unfair!"

"I remember there is a security camera installed outside the washroom. Once we get the footage, they have no way to run to. I will arrange for someone at the security's office to check now." Mr Stark said but Natasha stopped him. "It's no use. At most, the footage only captured them going in or out the washroom. What happened inside cannot be captured. I will handle this. She should pay for what you've gone through."

"My guard was down this time. I promise, there won't be a next one. You stay out of this, okay?" She was about to protest until she saw your puppy eyes and let it go. "Okay, just this once."

Wanda, upon seeing how close you were with her idol, broke her. "Wanda, what's wrong?"

"Wh-what is their relationship?"

"Can't you tell?" She refused to shake her head, not wanting to acknowledge what was in front of her. "This is my wife, Y/N." Natasha said. "W-wife?"

"I didn't say anything." You chuckled, relieved that the tension wasn't as thick anymore.

Written on 28 Dec 2023
Posted on 26 Jan 2024
WC: 2.7k

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.4K 891 24
Wanda Maximoff just lost her brother, she's alone and broken in a new house, with new peoples and she's supposed to become an avengers. Natasha Roma...
9K 207 10
Just a typical Professor Romanoff x student fanfic :) You are at NYU studying Russian, creative writing, and maths. Everyone has warned you about yo...
54.8K 2.2K 52
This story was requested by @UrsulaSingh Y/N Romanoff is the biological little sister of Natasha Romanoff. When you were just two years old you and y...
252K 8.3K 49
You're Tony's sister and he has agreed to let you move into HQ. 6 months ago your girlfriend died so Tony has been looking out for you since. Your po...