That time I failed as an Auth...

By elite3532

Elite3532, an individual who can be considered as an icon among the Tensura fandom community failed in accomp... More

Prologue: An pitiful end
Chapter 1: A fresh start
Chapter 2: Unexpected early surprise
Chapter 3: Birthday
Chapter4: Years later
Chapter 5: A year of training
Chapter 6: Partner
Chapter 7: Moving forward
Chapter 8: Departure
Chapter 9: Destined fate
Chapter 10: Academy prelude
Chapter 11: A good first day
Chapter 12: Proving yourself
Chapter 13: Superiority
Chapter 14: String of fate
Chapter 15: Lara Arceid
Chapter 16: Nightmare
Chapter 17: Prelude to disaster
Chapter 18: An early goodbye
Chapter 19: Loss and rebirth
Chapter 20: Arceid's will
Chapter 21: Leap of fate
Chapter 22: New resolution, new era
Chapter 23: 20 Years later
Chapter 24: Cursed by Loneliness
Chapter 25: A request from Elmesia
Chapter 27: Odd dungeon
Chapter 28: Far away to another continent
Chapter 29: Sorrow and Guilt
Chapter 30: Fated disaster/Moving on
Chapter 31: Conclusion of an Era
Chapter 32: Reaching the Sky
Chapter 33: Ace of God
Chapter 34: Conqueror of Flame, Shizue Izawa
Chapter 35: Prisoner of ourself
Chapter 36: Orc invasion/Trust?
Chapter 37: Lost control
Chapter 38: Author and Character
Chapter 39: Understanding/Hinata vs Rimuru
Chapter 40: Falmuth war
Chapter 41: Demon lord Rimuru/A tale sourcing from the regrets of the past
Chapter 42: Walpurgis Prelude
Chapter 43: Demon lords/Walpurgis
Chapter 44: Demon lords's demise
Character Profile [1]
Chapter 45: False God? Chaos through Ruberios
Chapter 46: End of Crisis
Chapter 47: Hero and Schemes
Chapter 48: The demon lord, the saint and the hunter
Chapter 49: A fruitful evening

Chapter 26: Moonlight

1K 56 19
By elite3532

3rd Pov

After the tragedy of Permia, Dawn and Ria were now following Elmesia as they walked through the illusion set around Sarion.

Finally after long minutes of walking...they both stood in front of the capital of Sarion...where the world tree is located.

Ria : That's...

Dawn : (The world tree, huh...it sure is massive when you look at it with your own eyes.)

Elmesia : Hehe, don't faint yet ! My city has much more to show !

Smiling brightly, she seemed to be excited to bring those two in...Ria followed but Dawn kept his eyes on the world tree.

His pupil shone as the sudden idea of scanning the world tree with Reader came.

Dawn : (What th-)

And almost instantly, blood came out of his mouth...this world tree was just too complex and overloaded his mind.

If he had stayed over 0.3 seconds analyzing it, he would have died...this is what he concluded as he fell on one knee.

Ria : Dawn !

Elmesia : (What did he just try?)

As they tried to get to him, a shadow appeared behind Dawn...Elmesia stopped right dead on her track while Ria hurted a barrier.

Ria : What ?! A barrier ?!

Trying to punch it, no matter what she did to it, was useless...

Elmesia : Don't worry...it seems that Dawn got her interest...

Ria : what ? Who are you talking about ?!

Elmesia : My mother.

With a tired smile, it seemed the apple didn't fall too far from the tree as Silvia had a similar way to cause trouble when it came to her fun.

Back to Dawn, he was panting heavily as he clutched on his head.

Silvia : Ara~you sure tried something interesting.

A sweet voice spoke from behind...it startled the boy for a moment before he tried to turn around only to get stopped by a finger poking his cheek.

Silvia : Ne ne, tell me what did you see ?

Dawn : Wh-

Silvia : You just used an intriguing unique skill...it didn't seem like a normal appraisal, now...it's more like you tried to understand the very concept of the world tree...i'm curious what did you see ?

Dawn was at a loss of words...he didn't know how to answer and frankly to be said he didn't see anything but an insane amount of information.

Dawn : I-

Silvia : Mmh, to think my daughter would bring such an interesting human, we can talk later.

She didn't even let him finish and continued to observe him...it was starting to become really awkward for Dawn.

Fortunately after a few more minutes, she stopped and removed the barrier after healing him.

Silvia : Anyway, you brought someone interesting, El-chan.

Elmesia : I know right, he has some business with you but you can hear him out after I take them on a tour around Sarion.

Silvia : Sure sure, you know where to find me anyway.

Elmesia : Hai hai.

As they finished, Slivia turned to Dawn one last time before leaving with a grinning smirk.

Dawn : (Tch...this woman smells trouble but you can't say she isn't attractive...an elven milf, huh, if Retro was here, she would most likely be his target...)

Thinking positively of his friend from his past life, Dawn got up, no injuries present either in his mind or body.

Dawn : Her healing ability is also insane...(So this is the power of the oldest elf...)

Elmesia : Are you okay ?

Dawn : Yeah...(The world tree is really a mystery, there is something weird about it..)

Looking back at the giant tree...Dawn tried to remember the end of the light novel of Tensura, the world tree information was disclosed and pretty much the entire world was completed yet...

Dawn just couldn't remember information about the world tree...each time he tried using the skill Reader, this section of information became blurry.

Dawn : (Could it be that the world tree has more to it...i never really used perfect memories to look into the important place of the cardinal such as the promised land or world tree before because it wasn't necessary...but now, why does these location, why does it seem reality itself is trying to block me from looking into them.)

There was only one answer that came into Dawn's mind, all these locations had something to do with his reincarnation.

Someone who viewed this world as a novel, an anime and manga reincarnated into it...this is too big to be a coincidence.

Dawn : (I wonder...if I pierce through these mysteries will I be able to get back to my old world ? Properly said, did I even die ? I mean I just went to sleep and got reincarnated, a heart attack ? Or is this all a dream ?)

So many questions yet no answer to them, Dawn's mind dozed off as both Elmesia's and Ria's voice chatted in the background.

Dawn : (Even if I could return to my old reality, do I even want that?)

He might have suffered, lost his family here, become a criminal and killed dozens if not hundreds of people.

Still, he found this world pleasurable, the ability to control his body in such a way he couldn't before, magic and meeting tensura's character.

Many people's dream would be to live in a fantasy-like world...no need of thinking about the danger of such a world...this is just a dream like reality.

Snapping back to reality, he was currently walking with Ria at his side, Elmesia a little ahead as they visited Sarion...

Turning his attention to Ria who seemed to have opened a little to Elmesia...Dawn couldn't help but crack a smile.

Dawn : (This isn't a story, in those 3 decades worth of life...I had gone through hell yet if this is a dream, I hope I never wake up.)

Closing his eyes, an odd image flashed in his mind...the day where all this started when he first opened his computer in his highschool library.

When he wrote his first words for his fanfiction...

Dawn : Huh ? This is strange, I don't remember when memories happen...)

Inside the unnamed Jura forest, Luna was staring at the immense orc army coming their way.

Luna : It's finally time to clash, huh...

Sighing, they have been waiting, setting traps and more after getting reported that the orcs were marching toward them.

The human army is divided into multiple sections led by different leaders...Luna was one of them and held a group of 200 soldiers under her.

Luna : (Well I have other plans though...this isn't just a fight for humanity's survival, no, this is just an opportunity for me.)

Opening her eyes, the entire area started to freeze..the soldiers around her immediately fainted as Luna revealed her true self.

Things were never the same after the revolution 20 years ago...Luna hid it but this impacted her more than showed.

Her pale blue eyes glowing diamond...Snowie at her side sighed.

Luna : [Frozen world].

At her words, the entire forest started to freeze...the human alliance couldn't believe their eyes as the ice maiden floated in the air above everyone.

Her goal ? Raising her influence and taking over her home nation...right now many are dissatisfied with the rule of the former king and Luna's adopted father.

The new king Falmuth isn't better but on the other side, Luna is a respected public figure, leader of the royal mage and someone the citizens trust.
She just needs one last push before definitely taking over the nation.

Luna : Let's go Snowie...

Snowie : You sure are one cunning girl.

Luna :I'll take it as a compliment.

Flying forward, this supposed battle for survival was turned short as the human alliance witnessed the birth of the Western hero...

2 hours and 31 minutes later, the humans alliance were celebrating as their force managed to take down the orcs army.

The orc lord was dealt by Luna herself as she was now walking back to the crowd...her long silver hair and blue eyes shining more than usual.

The silver armor she wore was stained in blood...one who knew her could easily tell she was different...Sola hidden in the shadow on top of a tree immediately widened her eyes.

Sola : (No way...)

Random 1 : She really looks like a goddess...

Random 2 : Yeah..i feel like staring at the moon...

Random 3 : She is our savior ! I already abandoned all hope of seeing my family again after I was mobilized into this !

That's right, the silver hero was born that day...history was made and furthermore to Sola's shock.

Sola : (She just evolved into a saint...)

Swiping the blood on her cheek, Luna's empty eyes gazed at the cloudy sky...

Luna : (You know Snowie, me too...i haven't abandoned him yet, i can't let the gap between us grow furthermore.)

She had never had such plans before Dawn's return...she had worked under Dynasty Zickard for 2 decades as the ultimate weapon.

Her power increased greatly and she by herself bordered the saint's evolution reaching the human limits.

A true genius but her growth was limited by her own self...she always moved alone but gradually over the years a light appeared in her life.

This same light was what made her strive to be better...but once that light was gone, she slowly fell back losing hope and continued on her own pace.

But now that her light has come back...the flame of growth inside her lit again...plan quickly formed in her mind as she had one goal.

Luna : (I am sure of it now...our meeting wasn't a coincidence, it was fate...like the prince and princess in a fairy tale, our story was meant to be as if written by fate...we will reunite soon enough but by then, i will have accomplished something we both want, Dawn...)

After finishing his visit of Sarion, Dawn found himself in the former empress personal home with Ria...Elmesia had left earlier to attend some empress duty.

Now Dawn was watching Silvia inspecting his sword while adding a few runes...

Silvia : I see, I see...what a nice sword.

Nodding, the process was soon done.

Ria : That's really impressive...the way she writes off those runes is so smooth and beautiful...

Dawn : You can't expect less from the former elven impression.

It was a mini show, as for Silvia she is a natural researcher, someone bound by curiosity and who enjoys discovering new things.

This sword is new to her as katana are yet to be publicly introduced to the world...for her, this was a sharp toy she was given authorization to modify at will.

Silvia : (This sword's blade is curved in a way that it favors a fast slash...interesting i guess adding some wind lesser spirit will help greatly.)

She was merciless...using mindless lesser spirit as material, they were just composent added to the sword to upgrade it.

Silvia : And done !

Finishing, the sword known as Tenryu shone bright as new...Silvia smirked and tossed it at Dawn.

The boy caught it and inspected the blade, it was truly a work of art now.

Dawn : (We're already past the unique weapon level, heh...)

Ria : (I don't know why but this sword is getting really scary, i feel like it has an aura of its own...)

Dawn : This is beautifully made, thank you Silvia-san.

Silvia : Don't sweat it, I had fun working on it.

Smiling, she was now cleaning her tools.

Silvia : By the way, I got news that the orc lord was already dealt with and now the human alliance was marching toward Charybdis.

Dawn : Huh ? (What ? Didn't the orc lord have a massive army even more than the time of Rimuru?)

Ria : What ?! How !

It seems Ria couldn't hide her surprise..they should have started the fight early today...how come this is already done.

Silvia : From what I heard, a certain Luna from Falmuth kingdom had raised and annihilated by herself around 80 % of the enemy force.

Ria : Luna ?!

Dawn : (Could it be Snowie ? Or did Luna just progress that much...)

It seems, someone of his age could still rival his abnormal status.

Dawn : (Still...i didn't expect Luna to do that...last time we met during the operation to kill King Zickard, but she didn't appear to me like of showing off her power.)

This might have been a battle for the survival of humanity but still Luna was a royal mage, people like her would never reveal their full power in public.
From what he heard from Silvia...Luna just showed to every kingdom in the Eastern nation, her power...no one would do that even more when it didn't fit Luna's character.

Dawn : (This is strange...did Luna really change that much ? From the intel i gathered, she appeared to be a lone wolf within the nation...)

Pondering over the different possibilities...Dawn wondered if he should get to the battlefield and see himself...

Dawn : (They still have to deal with Charybdis...i could also try this new version of Tenryu...)

Glancing at his new sword, his thoughts were cut off when a guard entered the room reporting something to the former empress.

Guard : Lady Silvia, the dungeon started moving again.

Silvia : Oho ? Will I finally be able to enter it ?

Guard : The way it operates is still a mystery for us...but our estimation says it will open later today.

Silvia : Heh, how fun~

On the side, Dawn listened intensely...a dungeon ? There was no such a thing inside Sarion, what more is that not even the former empress seems to have uncovered all about this.

Dawn : (An event that wasn't mentioned in the novel ?)

Silvia : Oh I know, Dawn-kun, why not come with me ? I think that skill of yours might be useful.

Smirking, the former empress spoke up naturally as if she was waiting for this...

Silvia : You won't refuse me after i helped you for free right ?

Dawn : (This sly elf...)

It seems the moment he tried to look into the world tree, Silvia had concluded that this skill of his will help her in whatever research she was doing.

This was why she was so lenient in helping with his sword...

Dawn : Ahh...I guess I can help (I'm curious about this anyway.)

Ria : I'll help too !

Silvia : Haha, pleasure to work with both of you.

Thus just like that, the former empress allied herself with two wanted criminals in the western nation.

Giving a report over the situation, Dawn and Ria learned that a few months ago...a mysterious door appeared near the capital.

This door led to an underground dungeon with multiple floors...each of them having sort of level and different monsters...

The elven force tried to break through it fairly but they just got into the 16th floor...before facing an unknown phantom like monster.

Though none of the high executives were present...Silvia herself wanted to participate but didn't want to destroy it despite being capable of that.
She wanted to study this whole structure...but before she could, the door closed and disappeared...since then the door would randomly appear and disappear.

Dawn : (This configuration...it's like...)

Dawn immediately understood...this whole configuration was very similar to the typical dungeon in his previous life.
And this got confirmed when down arrived in front of the door and used Reader.

Dawn : (A structure made by the unique skill : Dungeon...this is clearly the configuration made by an otherworlder...)

The skill was very familiar to Sola's status skill...it wasn't something that belonged to Tensura novel system.It was clear at 90 % that the creator of this dungeon and holder of the unique skill : Dungeon is like Dawn and Sola.

Someone from a higher reality...who was granted an extraordinary skill.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.2K 2.3K 37
What if Tempest was never founded? Rimuru missed his opportunity to save the lives of those who would've become some of his first and closest friends...
189K 2.8K 29
(Y/N) Leviathan is the son of the original devil king leviathan and an otherworldly angel his family hates him for his half blood. One day he meets a...
243K 6.3K 39
Rimuru achieved everything which was possible but there is one regret he has in his mind even after the 12 years of the great war that he cant save h...
19.3K 1.2K 36
A collection of Side Stories, Bonus Chapters, What If's and other random stuff that I couldn't fit into Odd Beast World. Or I could - later. BEWARE o...