MENACE || BWWM (BOOK #2 OF HI...

By steezbeans

Everett Carter, formerly known as Adam Lancaster, was the son of psychopath. his other personality, Adam, had... More

For Old and New readers.
Ciara-1
Everett-2
Everett-3
Ciara- 4
Everett-5
Ciara- 6
Everett-7
Ciara- 8
Everett- 9
Everett- 10
Everett 11 [M]
Everett 12 [M]
Ciara 13
Final chapter

Everett 14

50 4 3
By steezbeans

The next chapter after this one is going to be REALLY short and also the END. :)

I watch Ciara as she walks out of my view. The feeling of her hand on my back was still there.

"Everett," My mother brings my attention to her by reaching up and grabbing my face gently she smiles at me and lightly caresses me with her thumb, "You look happy."

Her eyes are sparkly like she's so happy she might cry. This is why I never wanted to come see her. The thought of Adam possible ruining that look on her face and making a return is an event I fear, but see happening.

"I am happy, Mom." I smile at my mother and try to relax. For the few months Ciara and I have been figuring out exactly what we are, I haven't heard a peep out of Adam.

My doctor gave me some new medicine also and that seems to helping with it too. The only thing is that the thoughts that use to be his have become my own. I find my self saying things that I normally wouldn't say but Adam would say in a heart beat. Of course I have more self control over what I say, but it felt like Adam is just me now.

"How's your head?" She asks

I know she really means, is Adam alive and well?

"It's quiet. He's quiet."

"Do you think...maybe your healing? Maybe he's gone."

"I don't think he's gone for good, but I am getting better. Ciara's been helping me." A smile comes to my face before I can even try to hold it back.

"I like her. I thought you would never visit so I'm guessing I have her to thank for being able to finally see you."

"I'm sorry, Mom. I just didn't want to risk hurting you." I instantly start to feel bad for not coming to see her sooner.

"I know, you told me. Anyways, Micheal will be home in a few minutes, I'm going to make him a plate and then get to bed." I watch as she quickly wipes her face free of any tears.

It pains me to know her tears are because of me. I didn't visit because I was afraid this would happen, but of course it happened anyways.

"Okay. I'll see you in the morning." I hesitate before leaning down and wrapping my arms around my mother.

Shes of course shocked my the affection at first but hugs me back even tighter. I can't help but nuzzle my face into her neck the same way I did when I was young. I remember the way she smelled before she left my father's prison of a home and how warm and soft she was to hug. I felt like a boy who needed his mommy.

"Go up to your girlfriend. She's probably lonely without you." My mother pats my back before letting me go.

I nod my head and let out a sniffle, not realizing my eyes are wet. I haven't cried in a while, but it felt good.

"Okay. I love you mom."

"I love you too, Baby boy." She smiles and then starts to playfully shoo me away. As I walk to the stairs I hear the front door open and a man's voice.

I was happy my mom found Micheal. She deserved to be happy and she was still young. She didn't deserve to be abused my by father or trapped with him because of us. She deserves the world.

I slowly walk up the stairs while wiping my face and to the room made for me and Ciara. I open the door and see she's sleeping on her side with her phone resting on her face. It makes me let out a snort before shutting the door and walking over to her. I sat on the bed and slowly removed her phone from her face.

I reach down and start taking my boots off, when I feel a hand on my arm, "Did you apologize to your mom?"

Ciara's voice came out groggy and tired. It was cute.

"Yeah. Go back to sleep." I kick off my boots and take my shirt off.

"Not until you get into bed." I see her eyes are heavy and she's fighting sleep.

"I need to change, Ciara."

She opens her eyes and just stares at me hard. Basically commanding me to get into bed. I sigh and get up walking around to the other side of the bed. I climb in and immediately she's on my side, snuggled against me and back asleep.

Although it's been a while since we started sneaking into each others beds (really her getting into mine), it still is taking me some time to get use to it. A whole life of no affection at all is taking a toll on me.

One thing has been weighing on my brain since being with Ciara, though.

I reach in my pants pocket and pull out my phone. I open google and shamelessly type "Am I in love?"

The first search suggestion is the first one I click and I read it carefully. I click the back arrow and then click another search suggestion. I do this 5 times before finally accepting that I very much am in love with this girl.

"What are you doing?"

I put my phone down and look toward Ciara. She's slightly awake and looking at me with one eye open.

"Nothing. Just reading something."

"Fan fiction? I can recommend some good ones." She smiles showing me she's obviously joking.

"I'm good." I chuckle and she scoots even closer. She puts her head on my shoulder in the process.

"What were you reading." She asks just innocently curious. It makes me nervous and I can feel my body temperature rising.

"Uh...nothing." I grab my phone and turn it slightly. Ciara moves closer to gets a closer view, but I move it quickly.

"See it's nothing."

"But- Nevermind." She slouches in a way that shouts defeat and I try to ignore it since I really don't want her to see my search.

"Are you not going back to sleep?"

"No. I can't now."

"Why not?"

She glances at me and crosses her arms, "Fine I'll go back to sleep so you can search the hub."

The hub? Is that slang for google nowadays? The hell...

"The hub? What's that?" I ask her but she just gets comfy under the covers again.

I look at my phone and open a new tab and type in the hub. The first link clearly shows what site she was talking about.

"What the F- Ciara I was not on this website."

She grunts in response. I don't feel like she believes me so I forcefully turn her around and shove my phone in her face.

"I was looking at this." I say waiting for a reaction.

"That's still the hub."

I quickly retract my phone and cuss at my self for forgetting to change tabs, "wait a second."

I quickly change back to my first search and the put my phone back infront of her eyes. I watch as her eyes move across the screen reading every little thing. When she finishes she looks up at me.

"I just wanted to know if the warm feeling in my chest meant something." My eyes roam hers but not nervously.

Her mouth forms a smile and she lets out a puff of air, finding this somewhat amusing.

"I can't believe you went on google. I'd expect you to ask, I don't know, your mother or Adrian."

"It's less embarrassing to ask a robot."

She hums in response and just looks at me. She quiet and I can see she wants to ask the obvious question.

"Did you get your answer?"

I nod my head.

"So...what's the answer?" She smiles to a small smile maybe anxious to hear my answer.

"I love you."

She lets out a noise that I can only describe as a loud squeal and grabs me roughly pulling me closer to her. Her grip was so strong I could move even a bit. But I didn't care.

I rolled over letting her rest on top of me and as soon as I was on my back she put her head on my chest.

"I love you too." She says just loud enough for my heart to skip a couple beats. We both kept quiet after and ending up falling asleep in each others arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.2K 704 62
Kate and her mom were having a beautiful time. They had the best time of their lives, until just like that. Their house was full of flames and everyo...
15.7K 470 19
Inevitable love. Broken rules. Simmering secrets. Brim of insanity. ... Let It Fall | M. Phoenix - OUT NOW ❤️✨ (Available in paperback and Kindle U...
8.5M 290K 55
Nicholas Adams has lived a life of abuse from his alcoholic father and sex addict mother. So growing up was tough. He makes sure everyone fears him...
4.5K 126 22
Disclaimer: This is a sequel to my first book called: There's something odd about him. I highly recommend reading that first. Otherwise you might get...