Adorable Treasured Fox: Divin...

By FRIES1andCHIPS0

She is a descendant of an Ancient Chinese Aristocratic family. Having just transmigrated into a young lady's... More

Chapter 526-530
Chapter 531-540
Chapter 541-550
Chapter 551-560
Chapter 561-570
Chapter 571-580
Chapter 581-590
Chapter 591-600
Chapter 601-610
Chapter 611-620
Chapter 621-630
Chapter 631-640
Chapter 641-650
Chapter 651-660
Chapter 661-670
Chapter 671-680
Chapter 681-690
Chapter 691-700
Chapter 701-710
Chapter 711-720
Chapter 721-730
Chapter 731-740
Chapter 741-750
Chapter 751-760
Chapter 761-770
Chapter 771-780
Chapter 781-790
Chapter 791-800
Chapter 801-810
Chapter 811-820
Chapter 821-830
Chapter 831-840
Chapter 841-850
Chapter 851-860
Chapter 861-870
Chapter 871-880
Chapter 881-890
Chapter 891-900
Chapter 901-910
Chapter 911-920
Chapter 921-930
Chapter 931-940
Chapter 941-950
Chapter 951-960
Chapter 961-970
Chapter 971-980
Chapter 981-990
Chapter 991-1000
Chapter 1001-1010
Chapter 1011-1020
Chapter 1021 - 1030
Chapter 1031 -1040
Chapter 1041 - 1060
Chapter 1061 - 1080
Chapter 1081 - Chapter 1100
Chapter 1101 - 1120
Chapter 1121 - 1140
Chapter 1141 - 1160
Chapter 1181 - 1200
Chapter 1201 - Chapter 1220
Chapter 1221 - 1240
Chapter 1241 - 1260
Chapter 1261 - 1280
Chapter 1281 - 1300
Chapter 1301 - 1320

Chapter 1161 - 1180

49 1 2
By FRIES1andCHIPS0

Chapter 1161 - Another Miracle (4)

"Alright, let's try it then, it won't hurt. At most I will just lose a sword if it gets sucked into that ravine." Tossing the blade in her hand up into the air, Bai Yan precisely aimed to have it land at the perfect spot where both ends could touch the edges.

Carefully, one step at a time, she began to cross. Regardless of her own confidence, she knew this was a risky maneuver to use something like a giant sword as a bridge. It wasn't built for such task so the angle in which she walked wasn't a pleasant experience to say the least. In fact, she nearly slipped a few times just staring down at her feet in order to avoid falling.

Thankfully the worst of it was over soon enough. Once crossed, she promptly retrieved the sword by flicking it upwards with her toe. Done with that, she focuses in back on the bronze gate, the reason for her coming.

ZZZZzzzzzz!

From out of the blue, the giant sword started to buzz right as Bai Yan approached the door. Then before she knew it, the blade broke free from her control and went on the offensive against the gate.

Peng!

BoxNovel.com

The sword slashed down mercilessly, causing the bronze construct to shudder with a resonating clank of metal against metal. Despite the setback, the sword didn't stop and attacked more violently, causing the whole valley to shake from the shockwave.

Dumbfounded now, Bai Yan just stared at the show from the sidelines. She's heard from the snake that the blade can pierce even the hardest of materials with ease, aka Dragon Flame's scale, yet the bronze gate only got a little shake from the impact? There's not even a scratch, let alone damage!

Yuuuuunnnn!

Growing restless in the form of the resonation, the giant sword circled around the bronze gate as if frustrated by its own inability to break apart the competition. But then it went at it again with renewed vigor. This time it didn't slash down like the previous attempts, it swooped far into the air and charged downwards in one full thrusting motion.

BOOOM!!!!

The shockwave was effectively mind-blowing to the ear. Metal against metal, sparks flew, and finally, a small tiny crack formed around the surface of the bronze structure. This gave the sword its confidence back and as a sign to increase the intensity of its attack like a drug addict being kept away from his cocaine.

Eventually......

Under its long hard-fought battle, the bronze gate finally collapsed and a blue beady object rolled out of the upper area.

Seeing this bead, the giant sword reacted like it's discovered some sort of great treasure and hurried to catch it mid fall. Following this was the round item merging into the sword's body upon contact....

Perhaps this was some sort of evolutionary chain reaction, but the huge body of the blade gradually began to shrink until its finally the size of an ordinary long sword. From first glance this newly minted sword was no different from an ordinary blade found in some random weaponsmith, but the newly grown handle and the clear crystal at the hilt said it all, this was the new form of the blade after absorbing whatever that bead was.

Picking up her new weapon, Bai Yan gently stroked the surface for a sense of what it was. Compared to the mighty image of that big shape from just now, she's more inclined with this smaller form that's fitting of a lady. It's much easier to handle and much to her taste.

"So you're a sword with a spirit sprite inside, no wonder you're so powerful. In that case I'll give you a name." Caressing the lip with the tip of her finger, Bai Yan spent a good minute to come up with a fine name. "From this day forward you will be called.... Godslayer, how about it?"

Godslayer, a slayer of gods!

I will use you to repay everything those hypocrites in the Celestial Realm did to my friends and family, in this life and the last, they will all pay!

Holding the slumbering sword in hand, Bai Yan didn't linger around and stepped through to the now opened gate that has been pried open by force. Once through, the first sensation was the chilling air that sent her skin hair pricking up.

Chapter 1162 - Another Miracle (5)

Subconsciously, Bai Yan reached down with her hands to protect the fetus in her stomach against this borderline hostile sensation.

"What the hell is this place?" Taking slow measured steps in order to avoid traps that might be hidden from her view, her footstep was resonating with eerie crispness that echoed along this passageway.

"Forbidden grounds for demon beasts." These were the words she saw sketched along the passage wall after walking for a while.

Blood? How much does the master of this underground valley hate demonic beasts? First is not allowing their kind to enter this part of the valley, then it's this sentence etched along with blood.

Ignoring the strange writing, Bai Yan continues to walk forward and soon came before another entrance. Carefully extending her hand, she pushes the door open and was immediately blasted with the sight of a wide hall littered with stone statues.

It's an odd scene for sure. She could see all of these sculptures were of various demonic beasts in their animal form. Some recognizable according to her own knowledge of things – for example the bone quill dragons back in the Holy Domain was among this group – but many were so foreign to Bai Yan that she could barely make heads or tails of their origin. Then there was the human sitting on the throne chair elevated at a higher point.

"Who is this person?"

BoxNovel.com

Despite not knowing if the sculpture was male or female due to the lack of facial features, Bai Yan could still tell the original person must be a prideful individual with the way it was carved out. The angle of that featureless face, it's the way someone stares down at those beneath themselves, just like how Bai Yan and Di Cang does it when confronted with those they deem insignificant.

"I see now, this sculpture is probably the original master or mistress of this place. The person hates demonic beasts so he deliberately sculpted these ancient creatures in a kneeling position to showcase his dislike of them."

The theory was a sound one considering everything she's witnessed thus far, it's just that why would someone abhor a racial group to this extent?

"It can't be.... did a demonic beast rape him or her before?"

Looking back at her own experience, this was the only idea that Bai Yan could come up with. After all, she herself did rape Di Cang during their first encounter and made the demon king abhor her to the point he hunted herself down years later. Other than that, what else could make one dislike another group to this level?

"Whatever grudge this person has is not important, I have to find a way out of this place first."

Retracting her attention away from the sculptures, she scans around in search of any out of the ordinary item or feature. Immediately, her gaze locked onto a book cabinet in the corner of the room.

"That..."

Beaming with light, she moved with quick haste towards it and grabbed for the suspicious looking handle that's sticking out between the shelves. With an audible click, a small compartment slid open and bounced out a book.

It's very dust, bleached yellow due to age, but Bai Yan couldn't be anymore happy after reading the title of the book in her hand.

"This... it's an alchemy book?"

Back in the previous life on earth, she only got her hands on a alchemy book that taught her knowledge up to the tenth grade materials. As for what comes afterwards, she was like the rest of the people in this world, simply said, she didn't have a clue until this day!

Chapter 1163 - Another Miracle (6)

"Hmm, this alchemy book doesn't seem to be complete, there are some pages missing. There's no information regarding anything beyond the fourteenth grade...."

Pleased by what she has nevertheless, Bai Yan packed away the book into her storage bag and continued to search for other treasury items. Sadly, after a careful scrutiny of everything that was here, she found nothing else worthy of note and felt disappointed. Then again, it did make sense after some thought. This alchemy book was so precious to begin with that finding something else of this caliber would be a real miracle.

With nothing else to do for now, she decides to get a closer look at the statue. "Why do I keep getting the feeling that this statue is not quite right..." She rubs her chin questioningly.

Even though the model didn't have eyes sculpted onto it, she could make out where the chin of this person was aiming at. There's a fox at the bottom of the stage, and it's equally as proud in appearance and unwilling to show any weakness.

This strangeness took Bai Yan by surprise, Does the master of this valley have a vendetta against foxes or something? I wonder if the person would die of anger if they learn a fox's wife took their alchemy book away, their expression would be quite funny to see.

Drawing a smirk, Bai Yan said nothing and moved to cut off the legs of the fox model. Then summoning up her alchemy flame, she melted the hard plaster and then added a plant she pulled from the storage bag to the mix, thus creating a sticky substance for easy molding.

Though this woman herself didn't know why, but when she saw how the fox sculpture was being stuck in that groveling position, she would be overwhelmed with discomfort. Sure, Bai Yan knows this was a strange feeling to have, after all, none of this was happening for real so it's strange to get such urge to do something.

BoxNovel.com

Minutes later....

Clapping her hand, Bai Yan gets up from the ground after having her fun.

"Although it's not right of me to take your book and then help this fox stand up, but.... I'm a naturally defensive person. Since my husband and son is a fox then I will make this one stand as well!" Turning around to stare back up at the human sculpture, her eyes are stern and hard: "I do not know what the Demon Realm did to you in the past but don't go throwing your grudge around to others, they are not involved. If you want to stick the issue to someone then find the culprit."

Naturally Bai Yan knew her words wouldn't be heard by an inanimate object but she couldn't help it. For some reason she had this inkling notion that her heart would continue to be depressed otherwise if she didn't say it aloud.

Afterwards, she did not hesitate and slowly headed for the exit. However, upon the second her feet took a step outside, the back immediately came out with a loud explosive bang and the statues here all crumbled to dust, allowing the particulates to scatter across the floor!

"What's going on here?" She mutters this with great surprise, unsure how to take this as some sort of bad omen or just her mind overthinking this.

Chapter 1164 - Another Miracle (7)

Shaking her head, she attempts to shirk off the negative feeling and turned away. Once outside of the gate though, Bai Yan suddenly found herself in the midst of darkness again. The white glow was gone, nowhere to be found in this underground world.

Can it be... its related to those model sculptures?

"Mother!" A childish voice abruptly cuts in from the front, causing the woman to turn over to see the boy and girl quickly running over with hand in hand.

This scared the daylights out of Bai Yan because there's still a giant chasm between herself and the kids. Just as she wanted to shout to make them stop, the ground began to rumble and stopped her mid cry. Next thing they all knew were the rocks and boulders floating up into the air, making the picture similar to that of an apocalypse.

Dragony didn't expect this and nearly fell over from the tremble. Fortunately the little steambun was beside her and helped support that body in time. Now the rocks are acting like a barrier, forcing the woman and her kids apart with the ravine acting as a line.

"Xiachen, Dragony, don't come here!"

BoxNovel.com

Bai Yan finally managed to throw out the sentence with sweat covering her forehead. Anxious in the voice: "This ravine cannot be passed so stay on your side of the cliff!"

The boy just stared at the poor woman who's very much flustered on the face. Whatever happiness he felt earlier has been crushed knowing he couldn't reach his important woman.

"What should we do then Mother?"

"Don't rush, I will find a way."

Furrowing up her brow, Bai Yan understands full well the difficulty of getting through the ravine. What am I supposed to do now? I can't use the same method to get back over at this rate.

Boom!

The ground shook again, this time more violent than the last. Unlike the previous tremor, the earth under her feet has started to sink in as well. Catching a branch of a tree that hasn't fallen yet, she hurriedly cried out to the kids.

"Xiachen, Dragony, no matter what happens later you two mustn't separate, understand?!"

Bai Xiachen nodded with tears in his eyes: "Don't worry Mother, I will protect Dragony from any harm."

Turning to the old goat and snake now, Bai Yan gives out her next order: "You two, protect my kids no matter what. If you do until I return then I will grant freedom to the both of you!"

Freedom, something absolutely precious to these two ancient demons at this moment. If she is speaking the truth then we will be able to roam this world again!

With the cliff as the boundary point, the two land masses split further and further apart. From what was originally only the length of a giant sword, it has grown distant until Bai Yan could barely make out the contour of her children.

"Mother!" The little steambun screamed out in pain, wanting to grasp onto the outreached hand. "You let me go, I'm going to find my mother!" He struggles to break free from the hands pulling him back.

Chapter 1165 - Another Miracle (8)

"Let go of you?" Dragon Flame sneered at the boy using his smirk, "If I let you go now then how am I supposed to break the contract with her if you're in danger?"

Actually, he could also forcibly shatter the bond between himself and Bai Yan if he grows strong enough, but such forceful measures required strength and time, something he doesn't want to wait for. It's easier to simply have the woman do it of her own free will.

After hearing that comment, the boy stopped struggling and turned back to stare at the old goat. As a result of this, Dragony Flame found himself creeped out by the kid's gaze, especially that single red eye of his.

Gulping insecurely: "What are you trying to do? I warn you, you're not my opponent! If we start fighting then you're not going to get off easy."

The boy's expression remains icy cold during that threat, totally different from his innocent and cute appearance. "My mother said you're proof that she is alive, right?"

Slowly but surely, the old goat nodded: "Yes, she did say that."

"Fine, you're not allowed to leave my side at all from now on, I want to know at all times if she is safe or not." There's no warmth in that statement, only cold threatening indifference in the boy's voice.

BoxNovel.com

Turning back to the little missy, he speaks with a warmer note: "Dragony, let's go, I believe Mother will be alright even if we're not by her side!"

The girl nodded: "I know that Gege, I know Mother will be just fine even without us."

"Mmm." Stirring up a smile at the support, the boy's lip curves into a thin arc over the agreement.

Right this moment, the party could clearly feel the ground beneath their feet lifting up into the air as their conversation dragged out. Faster and faster, the dark forest of the underground valley disappeared behind them until they moved at incredible speed, then pop.... They felt it, the light shining above their heads and the open landscape of the world coming into view.

"Hahaha!" Dragon Flame was the first to cry out with glee in his voice. Watching the open blue sky, this old goat became ecstatic in his demeanor. "I'm finally free of that wretched place. What beautiful sky, what beautiful clouds! I, Dragon God, am finally free! No wait..." Shaking his goat head, "I am not yet free, I still need to have that woman break the contract with me."

But that day won't be too long....

Half Qing Sing was also staring up into the sky, but unlike the old goat's happy elation, her eyes were more of curiosity.

"Oomph!" Making a dry cough, Dragon Flame turns back to the snake and asked after noticing the oddity: "Oh yeah, I haven't asked yet, how did you wind up down there in the first place?"

Musing for a while, Half Qing Sing decides to give the truth since she saw no harm in it. "I don't know, from what I can remember I have always been there in the first place. This world here though, I think this is my first time seeing all of this."

"Don't think?" The old goat captured that word like a bee to the honey. "Seen or not seen, which is it? Don't go spouting such vague answers."

The snake didn't want to argue with the old goat on the subject and huffs a grunt: "What else do you want from me? I can't remember a lot of things aside from the time I spent in that underground world so deal with it."

It couldn't be helped. These old mates have had a longstanding grudge, if not for Bai Yan's intervention then they would've already gone at each other's throat after that exchange of verbal abuse.

While the pair bickers away to one side, Bai Xiachen remains silent on where he stood, only staring off like he's in some sort of pain due to loneliness.

Chapter 1166 - Familiarity (1)

"Let's go." After a long time, Bai Xiachen finally spoke, his eyes determined in light of the sad emotions underneath.

As long as these two demons are around then I will know if Mother is fine. I will find her, I will!

"Also..." calmly shifting his sight onto the old goat, "you looking like that is too noticeable, better take on a human form to act less conspicuous."

"Oh, right." Puckering his lip to one side like an unhappy child himself, the old goat's shape gradually melted under a pale light until he's taken on the look of a human man wearing a yellow robe.

Though his new form had white hair, that face carried no wrinkles. Heck, it's rather handsome even if one may say, but the old aged voice he used was evident enough of his seniority.

Done with that, the little steambun held onto Dragony's hand again and slowly proceeded to leave this valley.

BoxNovel.com

......

While the kids were moving on their end, another scene similar to theirs were currently taking place at a towering mountain in different location. With a loud rumbling boom, Bai Yan got shot out of the ground like a rocket, causing her to make an unsteady landing.

"This time you will not escape the Celestial Palace!"

Celestial Palace?

This was the first thing she heard after collecting herself and it made Bai Yan frown. Without delay, she immediately headed for the source, perhaps out of curiosity or the fact that the other side belonged to the enemy.

What she saw next was something similar to what she expected in cases like these. Currently, there's a group of pursuers chasing some unknown lady, specifically a woman wearing a long blue dress that's staring down at the group from the air.

"So what if you're from the Celestial Palace? Do you fools think you can catch me with so few here?"

Boom!

In that instant the lady wearing the long blue dress attacked. She moved like the wind, rushing at the nearest foe with her fist and make a direct punch into the man's stomach. When she did so, the poor guy promptly fell backgrounds and flew several meters into the air until he rolled onto the floor again, blood out from the mouth as the consequence.

The other companions saw this and stopped hesitating since the battle has begun. Drawing their blades, they rushed for the woman in question. It's just that unlike someone being cornered here, the lady remained fearless on the face like someone that couldn't be threatened.

Boom!

Sure enough, the full might of her powers was released in that second and poured out like a tidal wave. It's huge, causing even the sky to change color until it's a gloomy grey.

For the poor fools trying to attack the lady, they naturally didn't stand a chance here. Like the trees and shrubs that were blown away by the shockwave of her powerful release, their bodies were swept away and smashed into the nearby rocks, either shattering their bones or downright crushing them as the end result.

......

Not far away while hiding behind a well-hidden tree, Bai Yan stared on in astonishment over the lady's familiar face. It's etched into her mind right now and causing the woman herself to thump with increased vigor in the heart over that contour.

"No! Don't go!" Finding the other side's about to leave after the brief exchange of combat, Bai Yan cries out involuntarily and wanted to stop her. Sadly, the lady in blue was already gone in the next, disappearing with a blink of an eye.

Chapter 1167 - Familiarity (2)

"Is that her?"

But besides her, who else can look so similar...

Somewhat pale in her complexion, Bai Yan stood there for a long while before revealing a bittersweet smile.

"Whether it's her or not, I must find her again! As long as she's still in this Celestial Realm then we are bound to meet again!"

That's right, we both have a vendetta against the Celestial Palace, the chance is there....

......

BoxNovel.com

Hidden between mountains and forests, a quaint looking cottage has been built atop of the clearing here. It's a nice setup, difficult to find due to the covering terrain and shielding barrier, a perfect hiding spot from those who's out to get you.'

This, was the place the lady in blue arrived at after departing from the battle. Flicking her dress to remove the dust from the surface, she slowly walked towards the cottage with familiar strides where she was promptly welcomed by a young girl around seventeen to eighteen years of age.

"Auntie Ning, you're finally back, did those old fossils from the Celestial Palace make trouble for you?"

Drawing a soft smile at the lively young lass, "Don't worry, those people aren't my opponent. Oh yes, don't tell your father I'm back yet."

"Oh?" Responding with a well-behaved voice, the young girl intimately hooks her arm around Bai Ning's to confirm compliance.

"Auntie Ning, my father loves you very much, and I like you very much, why don't you want to marry my father?"

A quiver shook the lady's body, causing her to form a slight frown on that beautiful yet helpless face.

"Some things can't be forced, and you are not young anymore. If you are so free to fret about us, why don't you fret about your own marriage arrangements. I'm sure he will like to get a son-in-law any day now."

Blushing at being called out, the young girl shyly lowers her head: "What are you saying Auntie Ning, I don't want to marry, I only want to stay with you and Father for the rest of my life."

Bai Ning smiled at that, dropping the subject when she noticed the man that's coming out of the cottage. This person was quite handsome, wearing a brownish robe with an air of calm.

"Yu'er, I have something to discuss with your Auntie Ning, you go back inside first."

"Okay." Ning Yu mischievously stuck out her tongue when letting go of the lady's arm, but that's not before making a hand gesture to her old man as support before leaving.

For a while the atmosphere in the front yard seemed solemn and strange until the woman herself decides to break the awkward silence.

"Brother Yuan, is something the matter?"

Ning Yuan deeply locks eye with the woman, his voice hoarse and full of emotion when speaking: "Ning'er, we have known each other for so many years, you should understand.... Why must you be so reluctant to accept me?"

Taken aback by the open confession, Bai Ning had to take a moment to respond with a proper answer that won't hurt the other side: "I always feel like I'm forgetting something.... It's as if someone is waiting for me, like I lost something important. I'm sorry Brother Yuan, I know you care about me, but I can't accept you the way I am now." After saying that, she brushes past the man in order to leave. However, a big hand immediately reached over from behind to cling onto hers.

Getting cold in the face now: "Let go!"

Because this tone has never been used before, Ning Yuan promptly released his grip with rigid surprise.

Chapter 1168 - Familiarity (3)

"Ning'er, I don't mean anything else but Yu loves you, she wants to be your daughter, that's why I'm so anxious. If what I did offended you then I apologize."

Still having her back facing the man, Bai Ning eventually responded: "Brother Yuan, I am grateful that you saved me several times in the past, but feelings are something we can't force. If you still consider me as a sister then I will welcome the thought, but if you have other intents in mind then... I'm sorry but I won't be returning again in the future...."

Ning Yuan went stiff as a rock over that statement. He never thought this woman who's always been soft voiced and kindly behaved would be so harsh and stern when discussing the topic.

"As for Yu'er...." Bai Ning's voice softens up over the petite lass, "I also like the girl very much, pity I can't take her as my daughter, that includes being a goddaughter as well."

"Why?" The man's frown deepens further.

He could understand why Bai Ning wouldn't want to take his own daughter as her own, after all, she's making it clear she doesn't love him, but why not a goddaughter?

Drawing a frank smile on her face: "I don't know why either. I just don't feel comfortable about the idea of taking another child as my own daughter. It's as if the position has long been occupied by another. Brother Yuan, I will treat Yu'er as my own niece so forgive me for not being able to do more."

BoxNovel.com

The man was lost for words there. Staring blankly at the disappearing back of the woman, Ning Yuan had the color drain from his face after those words.

Why? I spent so many years by her side, accompanied her for so many years, why can't I melt her heart?

"Papa," the call draws the man back to attention.

Turning around the man glances down at the petite girl, his voice stiff and unsure: "Did you hear all of it?"

Ning Yu nodded, that face pouting unhappily: "Papa, do you think Auntie Ning has another daughter, that's why she won't take me as hers?"

The man remained silent, only looking down in a contemplative manner that left the girl wondering.

"Perhaps...." Eventually he threw out this word after getting nowhere with his thoughts.

"Pa," the petite girl snorts, her voice full of displeasure, "my mother died as soon as I was born so Auntie Ning's the first woman I've known. Let's assume she does have a family prior to meeting us, have they ever searched for her through all these years? It's us, we're the ones always by her side! And her daughter, the girl never showed an ounce of filial duty, nor did the girl allow Auntie Ning to enjoy the pleasure of raising a child. Now I'm supposed to just slide to one side and let such a person occupy an important position in Auntie Ning's heart?" The more she spoke, the angrier the petite girl became.

Why is there someone else coming to steal Auntie Ning's heart? We deserve it more! We are the ones who always stood by her side!

Ning Yuan's complexion went pale over his daughter's outrage and snapped: "Yu'er, you mustn't say such words!"

"Why can't I?" Fighting back with her own voice, "I am not wrong. I'm only feeling pained for Auntie Ning. Pa. Why do you think she lost her memories? I bet it's because Auntie Ning's husband is the cheating type, abandoning her for a newer and younger woman. As for the daughter, I bet she's the same, otherwise why else would Auntie Ning become like this?" Perhaps its due to how excited she became over her own theory, the girl ends up completely missing the enraged face of her old man.

Chapter 1169 - Familiarity (4)

Getting all pitiful in the face now, the petite girl pleads by grabbing onto her father's sleeve: "Pa, I really like Auntie Ning, can you marry her, please?"

Despite being greatly annoyed by the girl's remarks earlier, he couldn't stay angry here in this case. After all, he too felt the same way inside. "You know your Auntie Ning's attitude towards me. She only treats me as a brother and respects me as such. Now that I've confessed, her attitude has turned damp and cold. However...." Flickering with a thoughtful idea in his eyes, "She may not want to recognize you as her own daughter, but that doesn't change her impression of you. All you have to do is give more persuasion, the more the better, that way we will still have a chance of changing her mind."

The girl grinned at that, revealing the two front teeth's in that smile due to glee: "Okay! Pa, you can count on me to win her over! I must become Auntie Ning's daughter, and I will bring her out of her biological daughter's shadow!"

The girl doesn't care if her own story was true or not, she's decided on the issue and would do everything in her ability to do just that.

"Ahumph!" Ning Yuan coughs slightly so his daughter wouldn't step out of line, "Remember to not say those words in front of your Auntie Ning, otherwise it will create a situation neither of us would want to see, understand?"

There's no illusion in this man's mind that Bai Ning could completely cut them off from her life if she overhears their conversation. All he did was confess right now and he already got the cold shoulder treatment. What's more, perhaps the kind treatment the woman showed to his own daughter was only a side-effect of the woman yearning to meet her own children again. Testing that theory was not in his best interest.

"Pa, you need to stop fretting, I know what I can and can't say." Drawing a lovely smile on her face, "And, I have always been very good in front of her, otherwise why else would Auntie Ning like me so much?"

BoxNovel.com

The man's unease finally lightened up as well. Patting his daughter's shoulder, "Then your pa's future will depend on you."

......

Back inside the cottage, the faintly blowing breeze brings warmth and freshness into the room where a lady now lies sitting on the chair. She's not moving, only staring down and gently stroking the baby belly cover in her hands.

Over the years, Bai Ning has never stopped searching for her own identity and background. Sadly, aside from her own name, she knew nothing else, the only exception was this baby underwear she had with herself after losing those precious memories.

"Why? Why can't I remember anything?" She frowned, desperately searching through the fragmented pieces of images that would on occasionally surface in her mind.

But like usual, a heavy pang of pain hit her mind like a hammer, causing the woman to crumble to the floor with those hands shaking and wrapping around her own head. It's extremely painful to the point of losing the motor controls of her own body.

"Auntie Ning, what's wrong?!" The petite girl exclaims after catching sight of what's happening. She had wanted to come speak to the woman after leaving her father outside.

Chapter 1170 - Familiarity (5)

The girl urgently grasped onto the trembling woman's shoulder as those tears slowly trickled down the cheeks. Thankfully the situation wasn't as bad as it seems because she soon got a reaction from all that crying.

Still blurry in her eyes as she slowly opened them, Bai Ning could only make out the blurry outline of the person beckoning to herself. "Daughter, is that you?"

Ning Yu's posture went stiff over that question. She knows very the 'daughter' mentioned here wasn't herself so it could only be that one....

Grasping onto her own head again in pain, the woman murmurs out some incoherent words: "Daughter, I remember I have a daughter, she is... I can't remember the name, the name...."

Now this didn't sit well with the petite girl at all and made her extremely sour inside. She's not willing to accept some random person whom they never to could be so important, it's just not fair in her eyes.

"Auntie Ning, I can also be your daughter, I will take care of you for the rest of my life." Ning Yu's voice was crisp and pleasant, but what she said there caused the pained lady to come back to her senses.

Gradually loosening her hand around the head, the blurriness left those eyes and what came into view was the reflected image of the anxious young girl staring downwards. "Yu'er, it's you, I'm sorry, I've lost my manners there."

BoxNovel.com

"Auntie Ning!" Ning Yu clenched her teeth with insecure filled eyes, "Just now... did you remember something?"

Shaking her head with a bittersweet smile, the lady explains: "No, my past is still a blank to me, I can't remember anything notable."

Sure enough, the negative answer brought on a wave of relief to the girl. Thank goodness she can't remember. Even if I can't become Auntie Ning's daughter, I can still accompany her in the future....

"Its fine if you can't remember the past Auntie Ning, I will always accompany you." Innocent but firm in the face, the petite girl meant what she said there.

Naturally this idea didn't escape the lady herself who knew exactly what the girl wanted. Sadly, she too knew such a wish couldn't be granted from her end, and for that, she's sorry.

"Yu'er, I want to go take a walk outside so don't inform your father of my leaving. I don't wish to see him for the time being." Making a long exhale, she stood up and was ready to leave when her arm got hooked by the girl's.

"Wait Auntie Ning, I'll go with you. It's been a while since I went outside because Pa wouldn't let me go out alone, but I'm sure he will be fine with it if I go with you."

In the end Bai Ning accepted the idea out of guilt. She couldn't bear to reject the girl right now.

"Fine then, follow me."

Jumping with joy: "Auntie Ning, I knew you are the kindest to me!"

"You," pinching the girl's nose with her fingers, Bai Ning draws a doting smile like in the past after flattered.

Normally this would be a good thing. However, in this case, Ning Yu couldn't help but feel like the lady's looking through her and to someone else entirely. It's making her very much uncomfortable inside.

No matter, I will kick that girl out of her heart and take over soon enough. The girl inwardly vows, not willing to surrender the position to anyone.

......

Back in the outside world, most of the denizens of the Celestial Realm are in a tense and frightened state due to the constant attacks by the Demon Realm.

Chapter 1171 - Familiarity (6)

Bai Ning would have liked to take Ning Yu out to spread some of the stuffiness pent up insider herself, sadly, any of that desire was dissipated once she got a good look at the local township. It's depressing and lifeless on the streets, a real disappointment due to all the fearmongering surrounding the recent invasion.

Celestial Realm, sooner or later this place will perish, and I will l be anticipated that day when it comes!

"Mother!" Suddenly, a dainty young girl rushes over from out of the blue and threw herself into Bai Ning's arm.

This girl was soft and lovely in appearance, giving off a faint fragrance to the nose, adding in the two braids hanging down the side of her face, she's absolutely adorable. But before the lady herself could speak, another voice had cut in from the side. It's childish as well, but carried a sense of calm rarely found in someone that young.

"Dummy, how can you recognize the wrong person? This is not Mother."

At the pointer, the little girl lets go of her hug and looks up. Drawing a frown: "I'm sorry, I mistook you for my mother because you look so much alike."

Alike?

BoxNovel.com

Bowing down to eye level, Bai Ning didn't mind and found the encounter to be refreshing.

"It's all right, it's normal to make mistakes on occasion. Say, am I really that much like your mother?"

Its then the little boy came out from behind. Just like the girl, this young boy was also quite the eye-catcher, but the air he had was less innocent and more pronounce. This mainly had to do with that single red eye, it's a huge contrast to the rest of his appearance.

This would honestly be the first time Bai Ning ever came across such a strange child. Nevertheless, she still wanted to get closer to the boy for some unknown reasons.

"Mhmm, you are very similar to our mother, the only difference is that she's younger and more beautiful. Our mother is the number one beauty in this world you know." As soon as the little steambun started to talk about his mother, his face would get all excited and full of pride.

Normally a female would be quite upset at being called old, but in this case Bai Ning didn't and got interested instead. "Then where's your mother? If fate would allow it, I would like to meet her."

Sadly, that was the wrong thing to say in this case. Immediately, Dragony's tear started to trickle down at the sore topic.

"Ooohwooo, we're separated from Mother. Pretty Granny, did you see our mother?"

Pretty Granny? Hmmm, I guess it does fit my age....

"I'm sorry but I haven't. However, since you're saying I'm very much like your mother then of course I will keep an eye out for her. Oh right, you two still haven't told me your names yet."

Casting a look at the woman whom held such similarity to his own mother, Bai Xiachen figured nothing bad could come of it even if he did. "My name is Bai Xiachen, and she is Dragony, the two behind us is Dragon Flame and Half Qing Sing, they're our bodyguards."

That introduction actually made the old goat gawk his jaws down.

When did I, the great Dragon God, become a little bodyguard for this little guy? But....

Upon remembering the impending freedom that's going to come his way afterwards, he endured the discontent and held it in.

Oh whatever, it's just this one time. Just a title, I will have it changed in no time.

"Your name is Bai Xiachen? What a coincidence, my surname is also Bai. My full name is Bai Ning." The lady introduces herself as well.

Bai Ning? A tremor shook the boy's heart, causing his eyes to widen in surprise.

Chapter 1172 - Familiarity (7)

"Bai Ning, your name is Bai Ning?" Bai Xiachen hurriedly gripped onto the lady's sleeve, his voice shaking with disbelief and excitement: "Then do you know a man by the name of Yun Feng?"

"Yun Feng?" She frowned and pondered the name for a second, feeling a sense of familiarity that's just out of her reach. "I'm sorry, I don't know anyone by that name."

Don't know?

She doesn't know Grandfather?

The boy tightly bit down on his own lips at the notion.

If the name is just a coincidence then why does she look so much like Mother?

Reluctant to give up, he insists on the question: "Please think harder, are you sure you don't know someone by then name Yun Feng?"

BoxNovel.com

"Should I be knowing him?" Bai Ning asked curiously.

That was the nail in the coffin for the kid. That countering question hurts and made him let go.

"Gege (big brother)," Dragony tugs at the little steambun's hand after seeing where this was going, "Can it be...."

Ignoring the girl's murmur, Bai Xiachen grew firm in the face since things are at this stage. He got a great idea and was determined to make it work. "Forgive us, I thought you might be our long-lost grandmother because of your name and similar appearance. It seems I made a mistake."

Looking at the little guy's pathetic expression, Bai Ning's heart couldn't get angry here and softens up: "Little boy, I'm sure you will find your mother and grandmother in due time, don't worry."

"But ..." Hanging his little head, the boy deliberately changes his voice to that of grievance to earn more pity points, "I only got Dragony by my side, and there are so many bad people always trying to hurt us. These two bodyguards are absolutely unreliable."

One could literally see the twitch in Dragony Flame and Half Qing Sing's face when he said that.

Unreliable? He's sure he's talking about us?

Due to the two old demons hiding their strength along the way, no one would suspect they are powerful ancient monsters, nor would they think otherwise on the boy's lie.

"You mean, someone is trying to harm you?" Pricking her brow, Bai Ning almost doubted her own ears because it's really hard to believe someone would want to harm such cute kids.

Knowing the bait has been bitten, Bai Xiachen hurries to sniffle his nose like he's about to cry: "Pretty Granny, can you take me and my sister in? We are homeless already. Our father doesn't want us and our mother is missing. If you don't take us then we will sooner or later die at the hands of those bad people out there."

In the boy's view he didn't lie on that last bit about Di Cang never wanting him, only his mother. In fact, he's got this idea that he's some sort of orphan picked up from the streets due to his old man's unfriendly nature.

Ready to melt from the sad story, Bai Ning didn't need to think at all and accepted the kids. Rubbing the boy on the head: "Alright, you two will come with me from now on. Don't worry, I won't let anyone hurt you or your sister from now on."

Elated at his own success, the little sneaky fox almost couldn't hold back his own mischievous grin in that moment. Thankfully he's got plenty of practice in the past and kept it down, otherwise he would be caught right then and there.

"Thank you, Pretty Granny." Both kids happily said that.

"You two, your tongues are too sweet. Oh right Xiachen, what happened to one of your eyes?" The condition of that red eye has been bothering this lady for a while already so she got right to it.

Now the tears finally started to trickle down the boy's face, however, only the regular blue one was crying, the red one remaining dry as ever.

"My eye was poisoned." Rubbing his red one like some bullied child, "Those bad people wanted to hurt me, but now that I got Pretty Granny protecting me, I won't have to be afraid of those people anymore."

Chapter 1173 - Familiarity (8)

The boy's words brought warmth to the lady's heart because this feeling of being needed hasn't been felt in her for a long time....

"Sweetie, come with me, I'll bring you and your sister somewhere to rest. From now on no one can hurt either of you anymore with me around." Her promise sounded like it was meant for the kids to hear, but in truth, its also meant for herself as a vow in this case.

Back in the corridor of the inn, Ning Yu has been staring back and forth for signs of her Auntie Ning ever since the woman left for a stroll. That face showed she's very anxious and didn't like being left alone. Fortunately for her though, this girl didn't need to wait long and soon caught a glimpse of the long-awaited figure.

Racing over and ready to cry out, Ning Yu was happy in that split second, that was until she noticed the others tagging along with the lady, specifically the two kids that's making the woman giggle with laughter.

This made her unhappy, very unhappy indeed because those fists had crunched up into a ball at this point. Nevertheless, she gathered herself after inhaling deeply to confront the situation.

"Auntie Ning, you're back! These two fellas are...." She asks with a forced smile.

BoxNovel.com

"Oh, they're both someone I met outside during my stroll. The boy's name is Bai Xiachen and the girl is Dragony. I saw that they are homeless and decided to take them in."

What the lady didn't tell was the little guy would make her excruciatingly happy. Merely a single phrase would be enough to make her giggle with laughter, just like the beginning scene when she entered Ning Yu's gaze.

"Hello little boy, little girl, my name is Ning Yu, I'm happy to meet the both of you."

The boy blinks and blinks, responding with a question instead: "Auntie, what is your relationship with Pretty Granny?"

Having a kid call her a title far beyond her own age was, well, damning for the girl herself. Going stiff in the face like a cracked template, it's difficult for Ning Yu to hold back the temper from her expression. "You should call me sister!"

"But..." Getting all teary, Bai Xiachen really baked in the sad face, "If you're calling her auntie and we're calling her pretty granny, wouldn't it be wrong to call you sister?"

Bai Ning couldn't bear to let this continue after seeing the boy's somewhat distraught face. Using a gentle voice to correct the girl, "Yu'er, he is still a child so you shouldn't get hung on some title or name. Besides, he didn't address you wrong considering all things. He's a child I took in as a grandson earlier so he's right to call you auntie."

Ning Yu's body froze in that moment.

She had tried for so many years in order to become Bai Ning's daughter, yet some unknown wild boy and girl could do so without her knowledge and in such short timing? Ridiculous! Unfair!

"Auntie Ning," pressing down her anger, Ning Yu knew she had to say something to keep up her own image. "I'm sorry, I am wrong, I shouldn't have been angry with a child. It's just... Auntie Ning is still so young. I only felt its bad to call you a grandmother."

Chuckling at the flattery, the lady almost found it amusing to be called young. "I'm well over forty at this point, which part of me is still young? If I had a daughter then her children would be almost as big too. Therefore, it's right of them to call me a granny. Besides, I really like this little guy so its fine."

Pursing her lips until blood almost faded from that skin, Ning Yu really wanted to scream out in frustration. Thankfully for herself she had better reasoning than to argue the issue right now. There's always another chance at another place, she's not going to let this go!

Chapter 1174 - Ning Yu's Jealousy (1)

"Xiachen, Dragony, I'll arrange a place for you later. As for your bodyguards..." Bai Ning glanced at the two following behind him, "I'll put them in the room next to you, how about that?"

A firework of smiles promptly bloomed across the boy's face: "Thank you Pretty Granny. I really like you, and now I won't have to worry about those bad people coming to make trouble."

"You little..." Bai Ning couldn't resist giving the kid a ruffle on the head to emphasize her affection, "Don't worry, no one will be able to hurt you anymore."

After she hummed this sentence, the lady then turns back to petite girl behind herself. Soft in her tone: "Yu'er, I've taken him in as a grandson from now on, as his aunt, you must also help care for him. Don't be so fierce, okay?"

Ning Yu didn't know why but she's been dreadfully disliking this boy since the second she set eyes upon him, especially that dazzling smile. Even so, she kept her tongue in place knowing better. "Auntie Ning, I will take good care of little Xiachen. I also won't get angry so casually anymore."

But its as if the baby fox had a grudge against the petite girl or something. The moment she said that was when the boy followed up with a remark that left her steaming.

BoxNovel.com

"Auntie, I'm hungry, can you get me some food?"

This damn boy, how dare he call me auntie still? Does he really think I can't do anything to him because he has Auntie Ning backing him?

Just when Ning Yu was stuff full of unbalanced emotions, Bai Ning's soft gentle voice cuts in again: "Yu'er, go prepare some food for them. These two have suffered enough while searching for their mother. It breaks my heart seeing how thin they are."

Going from green to white, then back from white to green, the petite girl almost couldn't hold back her anger and lashed out.

"Okay, I'll go get things ready." She grudgingly replied.

Not wanting to let her Auntie Ning notice her flaming hate of the kid, Ning Yu almost bolted out of there in order to find a waiter in this inn. However, the devious and mischievous boy in question was apparently not done with his dig at the girl.

"Auntie, I want to eat the Osmanthus cake on the other side of street, can you go buy some for me? When I passed the stall earlier, the smell was amazing." The taunt had the added effect of making the girl clench up that hand into a ball.

Afraid to even turn around to show her menacingly dark face, Ning Yu spoke with forced kindness: "No worries, I'll be right back with your Osmanthus cake." Having said this, she ran for it in order to avoid being called again. Even a saint has their limits and she has reached hers.

Pleased with what he has done, Bai Xiachen quickly removed the mean look in his eyes after the figure disappeared from view; instead, he donned a lovely smile when speaking to Bai Ning: "Pretty Granny, it's getting late now so I'll take my sister to rest first. You should too."

Oblivious to the jab the boy had done, Bai Ning continues to showing a happy face due to her mood: "Okay, you two rest for now, I'll come call you when dinner is ready later."

After that promise, the lady then went ahead to prepare the rooms needed for the kids and their followers. Only then did she return to her own room after setting everything in place.

Chapter 1175 - Ning Yu's Jealousy (2)

Inside of the room, Dragony sat next to her brother with eyes blinking in wonderment: "Gege, is that Bai Ning.... really our grandmother? Is there a chance that it's just the same name?"

Bai Xiachen shook his head, denying the theory: "I do not believe there is such coincidence in this world, perhaps something happened and made her lose her memory? Dragony, we must follow her around until Mother arrives."

The reason why the little steambun was so sure Bai Yan would come searching for them was the contract inside of the old goat and snake. The familiars themselves may not be able to sense their mistress's location, but Bai Yan most certainly could through the bond.

"Okay, if that's what you want Gege." Drawing a sweet smile, the little missy's compliance was as strong as ever.

Peng!

Suddenly, the door to their room was knocked open, drawing their attention to Ning Yu who barged in on them from the outside. The girl was fierce and aggressive, slamming the box in hand in front of the boy: "Here's your stupid cake!"

BoxNovel.com

"So fast?" said Bai Xiachen with raised eyebrow. "It couldn't be something you got from the kitchen and not the next street over right?"

Despite the increasingly dark gloom hovering above her face, Ning Yu kept her voice low in order to avoid rousing Bai Ning to their conversation. "Why are you getting so picky and choosey for? You're nothing but a little beggar that Auntie Ning took in out of kindness, know your place!"

Bai Xiachen's expression promptly turned somber as he stared down at the smashed box in front of himself. Not only was that remark from the girl an absolute insult, the food was as well in open form.

"What relationship do you have with Pretty Granny?" He asks with heavier tone.

Snorting derisively: "I am her niece right now, of course, that's only temporary. In the future I will be her daughter instead."

"What do you mean by that?"

"You still don't understand? Auntie Ning is going to marry my father, of course she will become my mother afterwards. So, you better stay away from my future mother you little beggar!"

The boy could barely hold in the flare of rage brewing from within: "You say Pretty Granny is going to marry your father? Humph, why do I highly doubt that claim? If she really was willing to marry your father then you wouldn't be calling her auntie still after being together for so long!"

Although Bai Ning claims that she doesn't know Yun Feng (husband) of the Misty Fairy House, it doesn't matter, the little steambun had a strong intuition she's the one, the long-lost grandmother that they've been searching for.

Grandfather is still waiting for her at home, she cannot marry someone else! Also, I won't let anyone coming around to destroy Mother's happiness!

"The issue is just a matter of time. Regardless, you little beggars better stay away from my Auntie Ning, otherwise the pain will be yours to bear!" The girl huffs, swinging herself around to leave only to be alarmed by the table being flipped over by the boy behind herself.

Standing there in stunned rigidness, Ning Yu awkwardly turned around again, surprised by what the kid's doing. She simply didn't have a clue as to what the boy was planning, this also applied to the two bodyguards next door who overheard the commotion and rushed over.

Chapter 1176- Ning Yu's Jealousy (3)

Even though the old goat and snake didn't understand what the boy was trying to pull here, they knew enough than to interrupt the show. Instead, they locked their focus onto Ning Yu with a warning glare, saying if you try anything then we would snip you on the spot!

"Yu'er, what are you doing here? Did you finish buying the cake already?"

Ning Yu was at a loss when this voice cut in from the rear, which made her go pale from not knowing how to react. Biting her lip, she instinctively started to weep in order to win some points: "Auntie Ning, I'm sorry... I got lazy and didn't go to the street over for his cake and instead asked the kitchen for some. This likely angered little Xiachen, so-so...."

Faintly furrowing up her brow, Bai Ning first glanced at the flipped over table, then at the weeping girl in question. It's obvious what has happened and she's not pleased at all.

"Yu'er, even if you don't want to go out and buy the cake then that's fine, you could've said so to me, why do such deceptive things? What did I teach you since you were little? A person must be trustworthy, that's the basic rule in life."

This bashing was not what Ning Yu expected. Going stiff and disbelieving in the face, Why is that the main focus? Isn't the main focus supposed to be about the table being flipped? How can Auntie Ning be so bias towards the kid?

BoxNovel.com

"Xiachen," Bai Ning heaves a long helpless sigh upon turning to the boy, "if you didn't like the cake she bought then you could've asked her to buy it again, why get so upset? What if you hurt yourself?"

The boy didn't reply, only flushing red in the eye with tears quickly seeping out. Then as if determined after deciding on something, he reached over to grab onto Dragony's hand and made a deep bow with his sister. "Pretty Granny, I'm sorry but we will have to say goodbye now."

Alarmed and anxious on her face over that, Bai Ning promptly explained herself: "Xiachen, I am not blaming you so don't get angry, I was only worried about your well-being. If you leave now then what about those bad people, what if they come find you again...."

"I am not afraid, me and my sister have come all this way by ourselves. We can keep walking forward if we must." Getting stubborn on his face, the normal blue eye he had was now full crying out.

Ning Yu to one side could care less about the boy's safety, but she does care a lot about coming out on top of this situation. Sure enough, a touch of gloating pride could be found across this girl's cheeky face.

Although Auntie Ning is bias towards this little shit, but as long as I can drive them away then it's all good. At most she will only reprimand me a bit and that's that.

Dragony on the other hand still hasn't quite gotten along with the flow yet, which could be seen on her puzzled face at the moment.

Huh? Didn't Gege say we must follow Grandmother around no matter what? Why are we leaving all of a sudden?

Just when the little dragoness was bewildered by everything, the boy in question suddenly shot her a signaling glance that struck her like lightning. Instantly, she understood and cried out as well.

"Gege, I don't want to go, I'm afraid of being taken away as a child wife by those bad people. I'm scared...."

Meanwhile back over at the doorway, Dragon Flame was absolutely flabbergasted by the two kids' ability to put on a show of this caliber, especially that remark about being a child wife. What a word to use!

"Don't be afraid Dragon, I will protect you." Tightly hugging his sister like a stubborn kid that's trying to forcefully put on a mature face, "And, even if we encounter greater danger in the future, it's nothing compared to being treated as a beggar."

"Ooohwoohhh, but I really like Pretty Granny." While wiping the tears and snots from her face, the little missy suddenly threw herself into Bai Ning's leg to cling onto the lady, "Pretty Granny, please don't drive me and Gege away, we will be good okay? We are very good. We can help babysit your future baby and never make you angry."

Chapter 1177 - Ning Yu's Jealousy (4)

Bai Ning didn't expect to hear anything like that from the boy's mouth so her reaction didn't come right away.

What little beggar? What's going on?

"Babysit? What babysit? Where am I supposed to get a baby?" she asks everyone in the room, trying to get some clear answers.

Timidly looking up to lock eyes with the lady, Dragony puckers her lip like she's suffering from some great grievance: "Just now this auntie said you are going to marry her father, and that you are going to be her mother soon. She also told us not to pester you, but.... I'm scared. Pretty Granny, can you not drive us away?"

Like his sister, the little steambun was also tearing up in the face, just that his appearance was that of a stubborn boy trying hard to hold back his tears.

"Dragony, let's go, we will go find Mother, only Mother loves us in this world now."

BoxNovel.com

"WAHHHH!!!!" As if prearranged, the little missy throws her face into the boy's arm: "Gege, I miss Mother, but there are so many bad people out there, I don't know if we will make it till then...."

Bai Ning just stared at this scene, not able to process the situation due to how much information there was. However, when she saw the sad and pitiful appearance of the two kids, her chest would become overwhelmed with an inexplicable stuffiness of anger and pain.

Turning cold in her eyes, she turns to the instigator of this argument: "Ning Yu, when did I say I will marry your father? I have clearly rejected him and you shouldn't have such thoughts either. Also, these two aren't some sort of beggar I brought back from the outside! You have no right to drive them away from me."

The petite girl got pale as she staggered backwards: "I... I, Auntie Ning, I really didn't..."

"Didn't? You mean that they're lying instead?" Disappointment filled the woman's eye when confronting this girl whom she considered a niece for all these years.

She watched her grow, from an innocent and lovely child to this... deceitful and mean girl? How could Bai Ning not be disappointed? Hell, how could anyone not be disappointed?

Unfortunately, Ning Yu apparently didn't get the hint and grasped onto the idea like it's her lifeline. Biting her lip like she's the one suffering: "Yes Auntie Ning, they are lying. You watched me grow up so you should know me better than anyone. How could I treat these two lovely children in that fashion? If anything, I couldn't wait to cuddle them due to how cute they are."

It's already come to this in the girl's mind so she decided to go ahead and lie all the way. What else could she lose in this case?

Now only did Bai Ning feel disappointed, she's also furious at this point. Drawing a sarcastic smirk: "Ning Yu, you've known me for many years already, do you think I would be fooled this easily? If you had admitted your mistake then I would've perhaps forgiven you.... But now, you are persistently claiming they are lying?" Inhaling deeply, the lady wanted to lash out but couldn't. "Children of their age are the least likely to lie, not to mention they have no grudge against you so why would they frame you?"

"I..." Ning Yu's body trembled more intensely than before.

In the end, she had underestimated these two kids. It never occurred to this petite girl that they would be able to win her Auntie Ning over to such extent, even to the point where her argument doesn't stand a chance!

Understanding this much, Ning Yu promptly clenched up her fist and plopped to the ground, those tears flowing down like a hot spring. "I am wrong Auntie Ning, I know I am wrong now. I'm sorry, but I got jealous, I was worried. In this world, you were the only one aside from my pa who is around me, I was afraid you would leave me behind. That's why I said you were going to marry my father, I valued you as my mother because I had no other."

Now that was the right thing to say here in this case. Sure enough, Bai Ning's heart was moved by that explanation because its true to some extent.

Chapter 1178 - Ning Yu's Jealousy (5)

"Auntie Ning," desperately clinging onto the woman's hand, Ning Yu pleads with her all, "I was blinded by jealousy, that's why I did everything. I was afraid after seeing how nice you were being to these strange children. I know my fault now, please forgive me?"

Bai Ning could understand why this girl would behave this way, after all, she did lose her mother as a baby. Putting her desire for a mother on someone else was normal behavior. Nevertheless, that doesn't excuse what Ning Yu has done thus far by lying and doubling down on that lie. That's the sort of behavior she detested and from someone she knew at that!

Inhaling deeply, the lady eventually steeled her heart because condoning bad behavior would only bring more harm, a lesson must be taught. "Yu'er, you've let me down too much today. Go back to your father, I only need Xiachen and Dragony to keep me company during this period."

Ning Yu's panicking now. She knows, if she leaves today then coming back out with her Auntie Ning would be close to impossible anymore. Not only that, she might also completely lose her position in the woman's heart and be replaced by these two little shits!

"Auntie Ning, I really know my wrong, I beg you, please let me stay. I can help you look after these two kids while you're not around."

"Take care of them?" Bai Ning evokes a smirk similar to sneer due to how ridiculous that last bit was, "You're not going to be satisfied until you completely drive them away do you?"

"No, no I'm not, please believe me!" The girl pleads, her hand desperately grasping onto the woman's sleeve and unwilling to let go.

BoxNovel.com

The situation looked bad for Ning Yu regardless how one examined it. However, it's then that the little steambun stepped in with an unexpected defense: "Pretty Granny, if she wants to stay then let her."

Stunned by the remark, Bai Ning bows down to eye level with the boy: "You're not angry anymore?"

"I was never angry so let her stay Pretty Granny, okay?" Flashing a wonderful smile, its hard to believe there's even a hint of malice in the boy's words.

"Alright, if that's what you wish."

Truly, the lady didn't have the will or heart to refuse him, regardless of her own opinion on the matter. Lowering her tone by a notch when speaking to the girl: "Since Xiachen is defending you then I won't insist on you going back anymore. However, if I find out you were to perform the same mistake again like today then I won't forgive you anymore, understand? Also, I won't ever meet you or your father again in this lifetime!"

"I promise Auntie Ning, I promise!" Relieved inside, Ning Yu couldn't ask for a better outcome. The only issue was the level of pampering the lady was giving to the little steambun. It's gnawing at her heart and making it unbearable.

"Then go back to your room first, the kids still need to rest." Stopping to give the boy a rub on the head, Bai Ning didn't bother to give anymore attention to the girl behind herself. "Now Xiachen, tell me who those bad people are, I will help you get revenge on them so they can't ever come make trouble."

Nodding with bright twinkling eyes, a brilliant smile comes out of the boy's face: "Pretty Granny, if only you are my real granny, then that would be great."

Giving a faint chuckle at the boy's comment: "You silly, isn't it the same if you just call me Pretty Granny?"

Same? Of course not!

Bai Xiachen inwardly protests, knowing full well that won't do.

What if Grandpa Yun Feng finds out? He will definitely be unhappy if I'm speaking to Granny Ning like some outsider.

Oblivious to what the kid was thinking inside, Bai Ning instead turned back to the girl who was still lingering at the door. Frosty in her voice: "You're still not going back to your room?"

Pained and suffering inside at the harsh tone, Ning Yu felt indignant right now. Not uttering a word, she fled the room for her own without looking back.

Very soon, everyone has gone, leaving only the two kids inside the room with the door closed.

"Gege, why did you ask her to stay?" Losing the weeping picture from her face, Dragony returns to her curious self from before with a hint of confusion mixed in there.

Chapter 1178 "Ning Yu's jealousy (5)"

"Auntie Ning," desperately clinging onto the woman's hand, Ning Yu pleads with her all, "I was blinded by jealousy, that's why I did everything. I was afraid after seeing how nice you were being to these strange children. I know my fault now, please forgive me?"

Bai Ning could understand why this girl would behave this way, after all, she did lose her mother as a baby. Putting her desire for a mother on someone else was normal behavior. Nevertheless, that doesn't excuse what Ning Yu has done thus far by lying and doubling down on that lie. That's the sort of behavior she detested and from someone she knew at that!

Inhaling deeply, the lady eventually steeled her heart because condoning bad behavior would only bring more harm, a lesson must be taught. "Yu'er, you've let me down too much today. Go back to your father, I only need Xiachen and Dragony to keep me company during this period."

Ning Yu's panicking now. She knows, if she leaves today then coming back out with her Auntie Ning would be close to impossible anymore. Not only that, she might also completely lose her position in the woman's heart and be replaced by these two little shits!

"Auntie Ning, I really know my wrong, I beg you, please let me stay. I can help you look after these two kids while you're not around."

"Take care of them?" Bai Ning evokes a smirk similar to sneer due to how ridiculous that last bit was, "You're not going to be satisfied until you completely drive them away do you?"

"No, no I'm not, please believe me!" The girl pleads, her hand desperately grasping onto the woman's sleeve and unwilling to let go.

The situation looked bad for Ning Yu regardless how one examined it. However, it's then that the little steambun stepped in with an unexpected defense: "Pretty Granny, if she wants to stay then let her."

Stunned by the remark, Bai Ning bows down to eye level with the boy: "You're not angry anymore?"

"I was never angry so let her stay Pretty Granny, okay?" Flashing a wonderful smile, its hard to believe there's even a hint of malice in the boy's words.

"Alright, if that's what you wish."

Truly, the lady didn't have the will or heart to refuse him, regardless of her own opinion on the matter. Lowering her tone by a notch when speaking to the girl: "Since Xiachen is defending you then I won't insist on you going back anymore. However, if I find out you were to perform the same mistake again like today then I won't forgive you anymore, understand? Also, I won't ever meet you or your father again in this lifetime!"

"I promise Auntie Ning, I promise!" Relieved inside, Ning Yu couldn't ask for a better outcome. The only issue was the level of pampering the lady was giving to the little steambun. It's gnawing at her heart and making it unbearable.

"Then go back to your room first, the kids still need to rest." Stopping to give the boy a rub on the head, Bai Ning didn't bother to give anymore attention to the girl behind herself. "Now Xiachen, tell me who those bad people are, I will help you get revenge on them so they can't ever come make trouble."

Nodding with bright twinkling eyes, a brilliant smile comes out of the boy's face: "Pretty Granny, if only you are my real granny, then that would be great."

Giving a faint chuckle at the boy's comment: "You silly, isn't it the same if you just call me Pretty Granny?"

Same? Of course not!

Bai Xiachen inwardly protests, knowing full well that won't do.

What if Grandpa Yun Feng finds out? He will definitely be unhappy if I'm speaking to Granny Ning like some outsider.

Oblivious to what the kid was thinking inside, Bai Ning instead turned back to the girl who was still lingering at the door. Frosty in her voice: "You're still not going back to your room?"

Pained and suffering inside at the harsh tone, Ning Yu felt indignant right now. Not uttering a word, she fled the room for her own without looking back.

Very soon, everyone has gone, leaving only the two kids inside the room with the door closed.

"Gege, why did you ask her to stay?" Losing the weeping picture from her face, Dragony returns to her curious self from before with a hint of confusion mixed in there.

Chapter 1179 - Ning Yu's Jealousy (6)

"Dummy!" Bai Xiachen knocks the girl on the head out of frustration, "Granny helped raise the girl for many years, there's no way they would have no attachment to each other. If we drive her away then the girl and her father would definitely become an issue in the future. I'm not going to risk having someone steal our grandmother away somewhere down the line."

Grandmother belongs to Grandfather. As their grandchild, I have a duty to keep them together.

Still doubtful in the way she blinks her eyes, Dragony apparently didn't get it yet.

"So..." the boy cunningly smirks, "in order to avoid having this danger lurking around in the long run, we can snub the bud in its early stages. See Dragony, keeping her around will allow us to do just that, eliminate her place in Granny's heart."

Blinking like stars in the sky, the little missy finally got it. "Gege is so clever, you are the smartest."

"Of course, I'm my mother's son and not like those stupid people out there." Pride filled the kid's face when he announced this, leaving no room for argument about the matter.

"Dragony, you need to smarten up too. Next time you need to be more cooperate when I start acting, otherwise they might catch on like today."

BoxNovel.com

This time he managed to take advantage of his grandmother's love for him to gain the upper hand, but that's not going to always work. Furthermore, he felt guilty about playing his own family, that's not his style.

After a long while, Dragony eventually manages to mutter out her own opinion: "Gege, if your father the king hears about your behavior then he's going to be very sad and angry."

The little missy was fully aware of how little Bai Xiachen did to help his old man pursue his own mother. So, considering the huge difference in treatment, its no wonder she would think that way.

"That's not exactly the same," the boy puckers his lip, "Grandfather is someone dear to Mother, and Grandmother is also someone dear to Mother, that's why I would do this."

In other words, the reason he wouldn't help Di Cang was because Bai Yan didn't relatively care for the man back then.

"Remember Dragony, you are part of my family now. If there's any fault then it's always going to be Baddie Father's fault, never Mother's!" The kid sternly and seriously states this.

Nodding cluelessly as usual, Dragony didn't object to the idea: "Does that mean the king is second in importance?"

"No, the second place is obviously our little sister who hasn't been born yet. As for Baddie Father, you can put him in third place...."

Now it was the little missy's turn to be discontented. Puckering her lip to one side: "No way, Gege is third, I like Gege more."

Thankfully Di Cang himself wasn't around to listen to their discussion, otherwise he would be so extremely angry right now due to being placed in last place of this family.

"Now that's good." Patting the little missy like a good adult, Bai Xiachen compliments her before turning to his two bodyguards who's still waiting to one side.

Chapter 1180 - Ning Yu's Jealousy (7)

"Did you hear? If either of you sense my mother's presence then come inform us right away." Commanding and forceful, there's not an ounce of naivety in the boy's voice.

Dragon Flame twitched in the corner of his mouth over that order. Seriously, did he even need to be ordered for that? If that woman were anywhere close and he found out he would run off to her in an instant!

"Both of you go down then," Bai Xiachen cocks a brow before turning back to Dragony with a blossoming smile, "You rest also, Mother will come find us soon."

"Mmm." Giving one final nod, the little missy didn't doubt the boy's words, only trusting and believing his every statement.

......

Back over at Ning Yu's side, the outraged girl had just returned to her own room inside the inn. She's full of anger right and wanted to smash something to vent the frustration. However, right as she's about to break the nearest teacup on the table, she stopped half way out of fear for disturbing Bai Ning.

BoxNovel.com

"Blasted kid, how dare you set me up!" She viciously mutters this to no one in specific, "No matter, since you're the one trying to steal my Auntie Ning then its you who's going to die!"

Nothing but a child, regardless of how cunning he is, he can't possibly pose a threat to me with his weak strength. I will find a time where Auntie Ning is not looking and finish him!

But before she could figure out her next course of action, the door to her room was suddenly pushed open and in came a familiar figure.

"Auntie Ning, how come you're here?" She hurriedly asks after being startled by the entry.

Bai Ning didn't reply to the question, only showing a frown due to the strange atmosphere in the room. In the end, it was the lady herself who breaks the silence with a sigh.

Yu'er, I have always thought of you as a good child, but today your behavior is too disappointing. You've let me down. If it wasn't for Xiachen pleading for your case, I wouldn't have kept you around."

The truth frightened Ning Yu, causing the girl to reach out in a panic, "Auntie Ning, I know I am wrong back there, please don't leave me behind. I simply care about you too much. You know it too. I never had a mother because she passed away when I was a baby.... I simply didn't want anyone to steal you away."

Showing a bittersweet smile while shaking her head: "If you weren't partially raised by me then you think I would still be standing here? I'm also at fault. I did look after you but I didn't educate you properly, causing you to be so narrow minded."

Over the years, she has been running around so often that she's not taken the effort to oversee the child's growth. The fault wasn't entirely hers, but Bai Ning couldn't shirk off the responsibility either.

"Yu'er, I really like that child, I had liked him since the first time I laid eyes on him. So, I do not want you to continue to bully him, otherwise.... I won't forgive you the next time around, you need to understand that!" After dropping this final warning, Bai Ning didn't look back and walked out again, leaving only the shaking girl in the background who had crumbled to the floor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

314K 16K 43
Published on 11/1/23 Nine, a special force soldier whose only purpose was to serve the Imperial Army, died and transmigrated into the body of Toby Ca...
1.4M 59.2K 95
!!ORIGINAL STORY!! Chae-hee, a Korean woman that escaped her past pains by moving to America. Enjoying her life working hard in a cafe, if she wasn't...
176K 7.8K 22
စံကောင်းမွန် + တခေတ်ခွန်း ငယ်ငယ်ကခင်မင်ခဲ့တဲ့ဆက်ဆံရေးကနေအကြောင်းတစ်ခုကြောင့်စိတ်သဘောထားကွဲလွဲပြီး ပြန်တွေ့တဲ့အချိန်မှာသူဌေးနဲ့အလုပ်သမားဆက်ဆံရေးဖြစ်သွ...
299K 8.7K 42
I am insufficient. Well, that's not my name obviously, but that's what my family has decided I am. I'm Julie. I'm 14, about to be 15 years old. I ha...