Sojourn : mahabharata's era

By flowersxme

Nihira, unexpectedly finds a mysterious box which teleports her into the era of mahabharata. Where is she sen... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1 : Royal Palace
CHAPTER 2 : The Balcony
CHAPTER 3 : The order
CHAPTER 4 : Ashwattama
CHAPTER 5 : Ashram
CHAPTER 6 : The Pandavas
CHAPTER 7 : Duryodhan
CHAPTER 8 : Arjun
CHAPTER 9 : Karna
CHAPTER 10 : The Lake
CHAPTER 11 : The Punishment
CHAPTER 12 : Helper
CHAPTER 13 : Enemies?
CHAPTER 14 : Rain
CHAPTER 15 : Tushti
CHAPTER 16 : Sunset
CHAPTER 18 : Rage
CHAPTER 19 : the unexpected
CHAPTER 20 : The Letter
CHAPTER 21 : Mathura
CHAPTER 22 : Yamuna
CHAPTER 23 : Subhadra
CHAPTER 24 : Krishna
CHAPTER 25 : Dwarka
Chapter 26 : Lover
Chapter 27 : Morning
Chapter 28 : Farewell
CHAPTER 29 : HASTINAPUR
Chapter 30 : Kalapradarshan
Chapter 31 : Radhey
Chapter 32 : Assembly
Chapter 33 : Nakul

CHAPTER 17 : The Boy

433 36 27
By flowersxme

The following day passed swiftly, and the image of the young boy I encountered in the forest did not enter my thoughts. I remained occupied throughout the day, engrossed in studying astronomy and politics. However, my focus shifted when Tushti requested me to retrieve water pots from the lake. The sight of the lake triggered memories of my initial meaningful conversation with Ashwattama, and it reminded me of how my feelings for him had begun to develop from that moment onward.

As the sun descended gradually, casting a crimson hue upon the sky, pelicans gracefully soared across the vibrant horizon. I leisurely made my way towards the tranquil lake, finding solace in the soft grass beneath my feet. The gentle touch of the grass alleviated my stress, allowing me to breathe freely and deeply. Unexpectedly, a hand emerged from behind, firmly grasping my wrist, sending a shiver down my spine. In an instant, my entire body collided with a solid figure. And there stood Ashwattama.

He looked into my eyes, with passion and light. His eyes were dark and deep, deeper than the ocean itself, as i drowned into them, unable to get to the shore. he was smelling of jasmin, and suddenly he released my wrist, backing off, i too hesistated for a moment. Adjusting the trails of my hair coming out.

"What are you doing here—?" I questioned to him, he gave me a warm smile. Looking here and there, being nervous all of a sudden.

"Helping you." He replied, making a sign to walk with his hand, I followed him.

"But I don't need your he—"

"Shhh—" he said, As he placed a finger gently upon my lips, a smile emerged on my countenance, causing my cheeks to blush. With an air of regality, he gracefully traversed through the forest, resembling a king. I trailed behind him in tranquil silence, occasionally stealing glances at each other, filled with timidity and unease, unable to maintain direct eye contact. At times, he attempted to utter something, yet ultimately refrained. Opening and closing his mouth, he struggled to find the right words, but alas, they eluded him.

We reached the lake, the atmosphere was serene and calming. The chirping of the birds intensified and deers came onto the shore drinking water, it clearly was a moment of bliss.

I was informed about his aspiration to acquire the knowledge of brahmanastra and his preference for Duryodhan to assume the next position. Attentively, I listened to him until the moment I caught sight of the young boy once more.

He stood by the opposite side of the lake, cleansing his hands and quenching his thirst. Curiosity compelled me to steal a glance at him, noticing the bow and arrows adorning his back. Unaware of the boy's presence, Ashwattama remained oblivious until I suddenly grasped his hand, signaling him to direct his gaze in that direction. His eyes narrowed upon spotting an unfamiliar individual at the far end.

After rising to his feet, he tightly gripped his fist and fixed his gaze on the boy, maintaining this stance for a while. As soon as the boy noticed our presence, a look of fear appeared on his face. He swiftly gathered his weapons and hurriedly disappeared into the depths of the forest.

Ashwattama called out to him, urging him to halt, but his pleas fell on deaf ears. I too stood up from the shoreline as Ashwattama dashed towards him. A wooden bridge spanned across the lake, which was relatively small and featured a petite waterfall cascading down from a towering hill. This body of water was only present during certain seasons.

We followed the boy inside the jungle, when he asked me to halt there and stay outside,As the forest might have animals or other hazards within it but i insisted on going along with him, he held my hand firmly. A tingling feeling arose inside my chest, as I cherished his protective nature. A profound sense of safety and solace enveloped me.

The forest grew even darker and more impenetrable, as the sun gradually sank below the horizon. The air was filled with the symphony of chirping crickets and twinkling fireflies, creating an eerie ambiance. A chilling stillness enveloped the surroundings, devoid of any visible signs of life. Gripping his arm tightly, I sought solace in his presence.

Suddenly, the distinct sound of footsteps reached our ears, prompting us to swiftly scan the area for its origin. With a swift motion, he retrieved an arrow and swiftly affixed it to his bow, prepared to strike at any sudden movement. However, the sound eventually dissipated into silence. As the sun neared its final descent, the footsteps resurfaced once more, this time closer. Yet, just as before, they gradually faded away into the depths of the forest.

As the sun descended, a faint glimmer emerged in the distance. It could have been a lantern or a deepak, and I gestured towards its direction. With caution, we proceeded towards it. He watched over me like a young child, periodically ensuring my safety.

In the distance, we spotted a cave-like structure covered in dense foliage and leaves, yet its true nature was unmistakable. It possessed a narrow entrance, and Ashwattama halted me at the gate, entering first to assess the safety before motioning for me to follow. The cave was peculiar, with its small opening leading to a surprisingly vast expanse.

I was taken aback by the sight of an expansive area adorned with burning lanterns. Adjacent to them, a considerable number of arrows were neatly arranged alongside a bow. Ashwattama's gaze swept across the entire expanse, eventually fixating on a statue. My astonishment grew as I laid eyes on it. Ashwattama, too, expressed surprise at the presence of a statue in such an unexpected location.

"This statue resembles-" i let out.

"Pitashree." He completed.

"But what it is doing here, in this cave-?" I questioned filled with shock and astonishment.

"I have made this statue kumari nihira." A soft voice reached our ears, causing us to swiftly pivot and search for its origin. To our surprise, it was a young boy standing before us, likely the same boy who had eluded us earlier. Despite his tender age, he wore a crown fashioned from feathers and leaves, while his arms bore a unique painting. His face radiated a warm smile, and his eyes exuded pure innocence.

"Who are you, and what are you doing here-?" Shouted Ashwattama ferociously.

"Namostutae, Guru Drona putra Ashwattama." He released a sound, causing both me and Ashwa to observe him with astonishment. How was he acquainted with both of us? We have never encountered him previously.

"I'm the Ekalavya, youngest son of van raj nishadh, and I'm here to learn archery from gurudev." He replied.

"Do Gurudev knows about you ekalavya-?" Throughout the conversation, he maintained a warm smile, which made me question his politeness. It was evident that he was genuinely happy to see and talk to both of us, and this brought me a sense of joy for him.

"No, kumari Nihira." He replied, and his eyes reflected sadness.

"Then how are you even getting education from him, boy." Shouted Ashwattama, I grabbed his arm, to make him calm down. He had suspection in his tone and he spoke very aggressively.

"I listen to their lectures in the morning and practice them at night." He said.

Ashwattama gazed at him with a perplexed expression, his eyes gleaming with radiance. In an instant, a broad grin appeared on his face, and he proceeded to approach Ekalavya.

"You are the one who practice at night-boy." Eklavya's anxiety grew as he released his grip on the man's shoulders and took a step back. His eyes filled with fear as he observed the man standing in front of him, leaving me perplexed. As Ashwattama turned towards me, he began to speak.

A moment before he could utter a word, a booming voice resonated from the outside. We found ourselves standing in bewilderment as Ashwattama swiftly made his way towards the entrance, clutching his bow and arrows, only to discovere Arjun, devpriya, duryodhan and Gurudev. I was startled, seeing them here unexpectedly.

I found myself unable to do anything except breathe heavily, desperately hoping for the best outcome. Gurudev regarded me with suspicion, his eyes brimming with anger. He directed the same intense emotion towards Ashwattama, causing me to tremble with fear. The feeling that engulfed me was indescribable. However, Devpriya didi reassured me with a gentle nod, signaling that everything was alright. In that moment, I released a sigh of relief and glanced around, consciously avoiding any eye contact with Gurudev.

"What made you stop in the forest nihira, and who is this boy-" shouted Gurudev.

"Pitashree-" Before Ashwattama could utter a word, Ekalavya swiftly approached and humbly prostrated himself at the feet of his revered guru. With hands joined in reverence, he respectfully laid himself down before him. We observed this act with a mixture of disbelief and astonishment.

"Gurudev, i have been waiting for this moment from a very long time, I'm very much delighted that you've finally come here." He let out very charmingly.

"Who are you putra-?" Questioned perplexed Guru Drona, with a decent smile spreaded upon his face, Arjun and Devpriya, had the same confused expressions, meanwhile there was a distinct conversation happening between Ashwattama and Duryodhan.

"I'm ekalavya the youngest son of van raj nishadh." He spoke.

"I've been practicing archery under your guidance Gurudev, from a very long time. And I've mastered skills, and have gained knowledge of mantras from you." He said.

"From me-?? How it is possible putra, I've not accepted you as a student yet." Said gurudev.

"I was taking notes of your lessons secretly in the morning, and I practiced them at night. I can even show you some of the skills."

Ekalavya's face beamed with pride as he spoke, taking deep breaths. His excitement on meeting Gurudev was palpable. In stark contrast, Ashwattama wore a peculiar expression on his face, hinting at a hidden agenda. I observed his clandestine conversation with Duryodhan, which intrigued me. Duryodhan seemed captivated by the boy, as if he desired to forge a friendship with him.

Gurudev nodded at Ekalavya, who then proceeded to pick up his bow and arrows. As he shot them into the air, we all looked up, curious about what he was going to do. Ekalavya whispered something under his breath before releasing the arrow upwards, initially confusing all of us. However, to our surprise, flower petals suddenly started showering down from nowhere onto Guru Drona, and a rose fell at Gurudev's feet. A pleasant smile adorned his face, clearly impressed by Ekalavya's performance. Ashwattama and Duryodhan were truly amazed by what they witnessed. Arjun, on the other hand, had a neutral expression, almost appearing sad. Gurudev glanced at Arjun and began pondering about something.

"Excellent putra ekalavya." Gurudev spoke, extending his hand to bless him. The boy knelt down and clasped his hands together. I couldn't help but smile at how gracefully he showcased his talent and his eagerness to receive an education. Devpriya also had wide smiles on their faces, clearly delighted for the boy.

Ashwattama swiftly approached Duryodhan, their eyes communicating more than words ever could. Arjun observed them with suspicion, while Gurudev keenly observed his son's behavior. Ekalavya began recounting his life and expressing his deep admiration for Gurudev, while Ashwattama and Duryodhan engaged in a separate conversation.

Once again, Ekalavya humbly joined his hands in front of Gurudev, seeking his blessings. However, Gurudev abruptly halted before bestowing his blessings, their expressions transforming into the opposite of what they were just moments ago. Ekalavya stood up, perplexed, wearing a mixed expression on his face - a combination of fear and uncertainty.

"What happened Gurudev-?" Question perplexed ekalavya.

"Putra, you said that you gained this knowledge of Dhanurvidhya from me, isn't it-" said gurudev calmly but he held something behind it, my smile began to fade eventually.

"Yes Gurudev, it is true." He spoke.

"Then what If I ask you for gurudakshina-" Gurudev spoke.

"Gurudev, I would be more than delighted to serve you with whatever you desire. It will be my pleasure gurudev." With his head bowed in reverence, he uttered, a wide grin adorning his innocent countenance.

"I don't think that you'd be able to give that to me, putra. Think once again." Spoke Gurudev, perplexing Duryodhan, gazed at both of them with narrowed eyes, while I remained motionless, attempting to grasp what he could possibly inquire about.

"Gurudev, I can surrender myself to you, or can live as your servent throughout my life, whatever you wish for." This heartfelt assurance showcased Ekalavya's genuine desire to study under Gurudev

"Ekalavya i want the most important thing of your life-" spoke gurudev.

"i didn't get you gurudev." answered ekalavya.

"Ekalavya, I request your right thumb as my gurudakshina, which I consider to be of utmost significance in your life. Isn't that correct?"

Gurudev's speech left all of us bewildered and filled with apprehension.

Hello, was this chapter boring-? Trust me the story is still building the main plot is way ahead 😭😭✨️ so please be engaged in the story and tell me if you liked the chapter or not, this chapter was a bit longer than the usuals.

Also, i just shortened the ekalavya wala part, because it was taking the life out of me to write the whole scene, and you guys would get bore if i write the whole part so...i just shortened it.

Idk what else to say😭 y'all don't even vote that's so disappointing.

Well, thankyou so much for reading :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Another Chance for Lives By

Historical Fiction

50.8K 2.3K 41
Karna and Draupadi. A story for many who wanted another chance for Karna and Draupadi. What if the Gods decides to give them another chance? What wi...
19.6K 954 24
โ€ขSLOW UPDATESโ€ข โžณ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐’๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐’๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ˆ๐ฌ ๐๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž ๐…๐จ๐ซ๐ฆ ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž โ€ขโ…โ”€โ”€โ”€โœงโ…โœฆโ…โœงโ”€โ”€โ”€โ…โ€ข What happens when you love some...
21.2K 1.2K 22
Vakแนฃaแน‡ฤซ Dharmฤ - Strengthening Dharmฤ. [Under construction]. When Mrithika, a girl of the 21st century, runs away from eminent death and danger, gets...
213K 9.3K 65
A thought to change the epic only for entertainment, love and a recent interest in mahabharat.