TEN DAYS | Winrina

By yendaue

Yu Jimin is an artist and player who, to win against her best friend Ning, bets that she can make anyone fall... More

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7 [M]
Day 8 [M]
Day 9
Day 10
Tears are Words That the Heart Can't Say
If You Can't Forgive and Forget - Pick One
You Make Me Believe in Soulmate [M]

Prelude

3.3K 75 22
By yendaue

Chapter 1

It all started with a bet. Although it was a drunken bet, a bet was a bet. And she wouldn't back down from anything. This was her time for fooling around. Her time for partying hard, and her phase of making stupid bets. She didn't think of it as a time for mistakes. How could living ever be considered a mistake?

Jimin sat back down grinning after agreeing to the bet, proposed by her best friend and partner in crime Ning. As far as the blonde was concerned that wager would be a piece of cake. Was she overconfident? Maybe. However, Jimin was known to get what she wanted. She kept the glass of whiskey close to her mouth but didn't drink from it, contemplating her actions when Ning spoke up again.

"So, how are you going to do it, Yu? I'm not letting you off the hook this time. We need to agree on who and how long you'll have for them to fall in love with you." Yup, Yu Jimin, a young aspiring artist by day and party animal and heartbreaker by night, just accepted this challenge; to make anyone fall in love with her. "Well, how about you choose the time and I decide on the person?"

"Naaah... you're not playing me that easily tiger." Ning lifted her glass off the table in the darkly lit corner of the bar. "I decide on the person and we can compromise on the time."

Jimin squinted her eyes and pursed her lips considering Ning's words. "I get no say in who at all?"

"Nope. Where would the fun be in that?"

The blonde nodded, lifted her hand to clink her glass to Ning's, and downed the amber liquid in one gulp. "I'm in."

It all started with a bet. Although it was only an office bet, a bet was a bet. And she wouldn't back down from anything. This was her time to be brilliant. Her time for writing interesting pieces and creating pieces of importance. She didn't believe being young meant having nothing to contribute. How could age ever be considered a limit?

Minjeong stared out of the small window of the office she shared with her friend and co-author Yunjin. She thought about how to get this story to work. Was she overachieving? Maybe. However, Minjeong was known for writing pertinent and daring articles. She tapped her pen lightly against her mouth and bit her lower lip, contemplating the possibilities when Yunjin spoke.

"So, how are you going to do that Kim? I don't believe you have it in you to pull this one off. You've only got 10 days to find someone, get them interested in you, and then lose that person after the 10 days have passed. We need to find you that someone."

Yup, Kim Minjeong, a young aspiring journalist during the day and introverted documentary lover at night, just agreed with her editor Im Nayeon to write an article on how to lose a partner in 10 days.

"I really don't think it's going to be that big of a deal Yunjin. Take me to one of your playgrounds and I'll pick someone up."

"Minjeong, why did you let yourself be pressured into writing bullshit like this. Nayeon knows you're a sensitive soul who can't hurt people. Damn, you're still friends with Ryujin after she broke your heart and your bank account because you can't let her go."

"What has this got to do with my career? I need to write this article so Nayeon will shut up and give me more important subjects. I'm still the youngest chick in this coop. I need to gain respect from her."

"She bullied you into this!"

Minjeong squinted her eyes and pursed her lips considering Yunjin's words. "Let's go out!"

"Ok. But let me pick the poor soul who gets their heart broken!"

The brunette nodded and lifted her hand to shake Yunjin's to finalize their plan. "I'm in."

That was why Minjeong found herself walking into a club at nearly midnight instead of lingering on her comfortable couch watching the newest documentary about squids. Yunjin convinced her to wear something out of her comfort zone to make that whole experience more of a play than reality. The journalist looked down on herself, appreciating the short white skirt and her long legs in black shoes. She wore a black slightly see through top over her favorite equally black lacy bra. All in all, Minjeong felt comfortably sexy to find someone who would unknowingly assist in pushing her career.

A low wolf whistle to her right let Jimin know Ning might just have spotted the person of interest for their little bet. She followed Ning's eyes to the entrance of the club where two gorgeous girls just seemed to have entered the premises. Next to them, Jimin could see some couples hanging around or groups of friends. So her eyes darted back to the two women, wondering if Ning lost her mind.

"You are not going to make me pursue a goddess!?" Big brown eyes turned back to look into another pair of amused brown ones.

"Anyone, you agreed! Remember?" Ning started laughing and pointed again to the women, who in the meantime had found a spot at the bar. Jimin felt her confidence crumble slightly at the sight of her possible opponent.

"Ok. Which one do you think? Tall blonde or gorgeous brunette?" She sighed.

"The Brunette!" Ning exclaimed, strongly nodding along with her decision. "Definitely!" She then turned back to Jimin and raised her glass again. "Now that we know who, how long do you think you need?" She grinned mischievously and enjoyed seeing her friend slightly shift uncomfortably in her seat. Jimin tried to ignore Ning for the benefit of studying the dark-haired woman at the bar. She was probably a little shorter than herself, even though she wore high heels. She was gorgeous Jimin had to admit. At least she would have fun by trying to make that woman fall in love with her. Ning could have picked much worse. At least she looked like her type. She seemed to be sophisticated, although clothes can be borrowed. All the while, as Jimin mused over the woman, Ning closely watched her.

"Yu, your gay is showing. Why don't you pick your jaw up from off the ground and give me a number."

"Huh?" Jimin turned back to Ning. Puzzlement soon changed to embarrassment. "Uh, I mean. Yeah."

"Stop stalling!"

"OK ok. How about 21 days?"

"Is that a question or a statement?" Ning leaned back, watching the two women at the bar. "I can understand if you feel you don't stand a chance..." Jimin vehemently shook her head and interrupted the other girl. "It's not that Ning. Gimme 21 days. I'll do it." The blonde put on her winning smile and winked at Ning, who took that as a challenge in itself. 

"Know what... I'll give you half. You get 10 days. She must say she loves you after those 10 days."

"10 days? Are you crazy Ning?!" Jimin lifted her hands in defeat, huffed out expressively, and let her head fall onto the table in front of her.

"You can't do it? The big mouth is saying she can't do it?" Ning patted the other girl's back.

"Why do you hate me?" She mumbled into her arms.

"I don't hate you. It's a bet. One you will lose. It's all. I love you Jimin. You're my best friend. You know that." The budding artist lifted her head slightly and smiled at her friend. "Ok. 10 days and she must say she loves me?"

"10 days and she must say she loves you." Jimin sat up again and straightened her back.

"Deal." And with that, she chugged down her other drink, stood up, pulled up her black suit pants, put on her most confident smile, and walked off towards the bar.

"Look Minjeong. Now we are here. Just pick one. There are so many. What about the brunette at the table in the back?" Minjeong only shook her head.

"She seems to be here with someone. See the blonde? I don't want to dive head first into a disaster."

"Speaking of... the blonde is approaching."

"What?" Minjeong had been looking towards the entrance of the bar, when she heard Yunjin speaking. She whipped her head around to indeed see the woman walking towards them. "She might want a drink?" Minjeong mumbled between clenched teeth, unable to look away. The woman in question wore black suit pants and a white button-down shirt; sleeves pulled up above her elbows. The long necklace around her neck moved with every step while she sauntered over. She leaned against the counter next to Minjeong's stool and signaled the bartender. The hand gesture indicated a 5 minute wait for service. She pushed herself back from the bar to turn towards Minjeong who had been sitting as still as possible to avoid being noticed.

"Giant polar bear," Jimin said in a deep voice close to Minjeong's ear, who in turn furrowed her brows and turned to look at her.

"What?" The eloquent writer replied, amused.

Jimin leaned even closer than before, her breath brushing the brunette's ear. "It's an icebreaker."

Minjeong shivered by the close proximity of the woman. When the meaning of the words hit home, Minjeong laughed out loud and Jimin swore at that moment she would give her last everything to hear that sound again.

"I'm Jimin and you look like the type of girl who has heard every line in the book, so I thought I'd go for something unexpected." Minjeong tilted her head to the side to get a better look at the blonde. A small smile still played at the corner of her mouth when she replied. "Hi Jimin and thanks for not asking me if I hurt from my fall from heaven. I'm Minjeong." 

They looked at each other for another second before Minjeong awkwardly cleared her throat and turned back to the bar and her drink.

"What are you having? Can I get you anything, Minjeong?" Jimin tasted the name on her lips. It fell so easily from her mouth.

"Thanks, Jimin but I'm ok." The brunette then turned to her other side and gestured to Yunjin while introducing her to Jimin. While Jimin managed to order some drinks, Yunjin took her chance to wink at the writer but was unable to speak as the blonde interjected.

"So, I'm here with my friend Ning. Do you ladies want to join us for a while?" Jimin pointed back to the table she had come from earlier.

"Sure. Lead the way." Yunjin jumped off the stool eagerly and pulled a hesitant Minjeong with her. Jimin nodded and walked ahead of the duo.

"She seems nice and uncomplicated. Sure she wouldn't mind being played a little." Yunjin whispered to Minjeong.

"Yeah. She is... nice." Minjeong pushed some strands of hair behind her ear and followed Jimin through the throng of people.

"Cool. Alright. Jimin it is. Let's see how well you can play that game." Yunjin gleefully patted Minjeong on the back and smiled at Ning when they reached the table. "Hi there." Ning smiled wide and did little to hide her amusement.

"Ning this is Minjeong and her friend Yunjin. This is my friend Ning." Jimin plopped back onto the seat she'd vacated earlier, leaving the other two stools for their new acquaintances. "So Jimin convinced you to leave your prime seats at the bar to hang out with us?"

"She made it sound more interesting." Yunjin grinned.

After a short silence, Yunjin and Ning started to talk to each other about the perks of their current seats compared to the bar stools. Jimin kept sneaking glances at Minjeong who in turn smiled every time she caught her looking at her.

"So, you come here often? Ok. That was bad. Don't answer that. It's just, you're so beautiful you made me forget all my pick-up lines." Minjeong laughed out loud again and shook her head.

"You are good at that." Minjeong leaned towards Jimin, head on one hand.

"And by 'that' you mean?" Jimin mirrored Minjeong's position.

"Paying a compliment."

"Well if I see a gorgeous woman I have a duty to tell her that I've noticed her beauty." Both women were oblivious to their surroundings as they kept looking at each other. Minjeong's gaze wandered from Jimin's eyes to her nose to her lips and back up to her eyes while Jimin unashamedly kept her eyes on Minjeong's lips.

"So," Minjeong spoke up again making Jimin lift her gaze to the brunette's eyes again. "What are you doing for a living?" Jimin bit her bottom lip considering an answer as closely to the truth as possible. She might be a player but she had difficulties holding up lies. Light brown eyes glanced down for a split second to see the action. Minjeong slowly inhaled much needed air through her nose, licking her lips subconsciously in the process.

"I'm an artist." The statement received a surprised look on the other woman's face.

"What is your art?"

"Everything really. I paint, draw, or sketch. Mainly. I dabble in music a little. Nothing big though."

"Paint? What do you like to paint?"

"That really depends on my mood. When I feel relaxed I paint landscapes. When I want a challenge I paint people." 

"Why is that a challenge?"

"I find it challenging to get the real essence of the human body. Muscles, joints, skin over bones. It's daring really."

"I understand. I have to admit I'm intrigued. Can I see some of your art Jimin?" The writer asked flirtatiously.

"If you're a nice girl I might take you to my studio." Jimin flirted back.

"What is getting your bank account filled up each month?" Jimin asked after a short break. Minjeong hesitated for a moment unsure of what to say. Being a writer is not revealing anything she assured herself.

"I'm a writer."

"Oh, an artist of sorts as well." The blonde smiled over her glass before taking a sip and licking her lips noticing how Minjeong's eyes again fell onto her mouth for a brief second. Jimin smiled confidently. Piece of cake, the artist thought.

"More a creator of openings to escape reality." Minjeong smiled and leaned back a little to stretch her tired muscles after a long day at work. She noted how Jimin's eyes wandered down to her breast before quickly ascending to her eyes, stopping a moment on her lips. Cakewalk, the writer presumed.

"That answer in itself screams artist with words." Jimin laughed out raucously, the sounds sending shivers down Minjeong's spine. "Have I been able to come across some of your 'openings to escape'?" Jimin winked at the brunette. Blushing slightly the writer admired the blonde's ability to listen closely although the music was loud and bassy.

"I don't know your taste in literature Jimin. But maybe a small bookstore might have one of my earlier works." The journalist has ventured into writing short stories while attending University.

"Really? I'd like to read your stuff." The other woman amazed Jimin. She can't be much older than the painter herself and has already published books. That was a little intimidating but Jimin had been able to sell a few of her paintings in the last year.

"If you're a nice girl I might take you to my studio," Minjeong repeated Jimin's words from earlier while looking deeply into the blonde's eyes. Jimin raised one eyebrow and smiled seductively back.

While Jimin and Minjeong were obliviously absorbed in their own little world, Ning and Yunjin changed their conversation to similar subjects such as jobs, hobbies, latest movies. It was obvious all four women enjoyed each other's company. Conversations flowed easily, liquor evaporated just as effortlessly. Without realizing the club has started to empty. None of the four had heard the last call before closing.

"Wow... it's that late. Hey Yu we need to leave." Ning piped up from somewhere beyond the bubble Minjeong and Jimin had created.

"Huh? Leave? What?" Finally, the blonde looked from Minjeong to Ning, to see a mischievous grin give way to a generous smile.

"We. Need. To. Go. Now." Ning pronounced each word while gesturing between her and Jimin.

"We just came here!"

"And by just she means 4 hours ago. The club is closing J." Ning started to pick up her bag and handed Jimin her own. Minjeong and Yunjin got to their feed as well. Everyone turned to leave when Jimin held Minjeong back. Last nail to the cheesy coffin Jimin smiled.

"Well Minjeong, I seem to be missing something. You wanna help me find it?" Jimin had turned the brunette and took her hand into her own.

"What are you looking for?" Minjeong asked confused as if on cue.

"I seem to be missing a phone number. How about yours?" Minjeong burst out laughing; Yunjin shook her head and Ning clapped Jimin on her back. The blonde kept holding eye contact, stroking her thumb over the sensitive skin.

"I can't believe she gave you her number after that line!" Ning exclaimed when the two climbed into the cab. Jimin looked back to the club seeing Minjeong and Yunjin getting into another taxi.

"I can't believe you were such a tacko blocko! That's manipulation that is." Jimin turned back and complained heavily.

"Not on me girl. The club was closing. Either you have game or not. Easy as that."

And so the game had begun.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 1.1K 8
Karina Yu has mind reading power, but she couldn't find 'the one' whose mind she can read yet. Not until a voice from nowhere took her by surprise, l...
9.8K 450 4
in which Minjeong runs a booth where students can anonymously tell their secrets. When popular girl, Jimin, drops by to admit she has a crush, the l...
72.1K 3.7K 16
[𝘗𝘢𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘰𝘯 𝘈𝘮𝘢𝘻𝘰𝘯 & 𝘉&𝘕] Karina Yu is one of the most popular actresses in South Korea, and her new bodyguard who was her high...
35.5K 2.3K 20
Yu Jimin is an actress, but also a spy in disguise for the NIS. As she spying on a suspect for a drug dealing case, she was met by the fact that her...