Little Boy Belmont (Richter x...

By -DataBase-

Ever since the death of his mother Julia, Richter Belmont swore he'd take his revenge against the vampire who... More

Chapter One: Dungeon
Chapter Two: Past Love
Chapter Three: Nightly Stroll
Chapter Four: In Your Shadow
Chapter Five: Hunting
Chapter Six: Just Trust In Me, My Dear
Chapter Seven: Dance With The Devil
Chapter Eight: Escape
Chapter Nine: Flight Of The Dragon
Chapter Ten: Panic Attack
Chapter Eleven: Home
Chapter Twelve: Dreams
Chapter Thirteen: Daylight
Chapter Fourteen: Answers
Chapter Fifteen: Be Calm
Chapter Sixteen: Aztec Mythology
Chapter Eighteen: Morning Star
Chapter Nineteen: Smoking Mirror
Chapter Twenty: The Horror
Chapter Twenty-One: El Demonio De La Noche
Chapter Twenty-Two: Mixed Memories
Chapter Twenty-Three: Rivalry
Chapter Twenty-Four: God Of Darkness
Chapter Twenty-Five: Storm The City
Chapter Twenty-Six: Primal Fury
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Leaving France
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Exotic Smells
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Toxcatl
Chapter Thirty: Ritual
NSFW: Stay A Thousand Years
Olrox's Message To Richter
Richter's Journal - Entry ???

Chapter Seventeen: Ghost

184 9 3
By -DataBase-

Olrox knows something is wrong even before he wakes up. He feels Quetzalcoatl probing in his mind, urging him to help the only human down here in the Hold. He's gotten so used to the Feathered Serpent occasionally whispering in his ear like a ghost since he became a vampire, having called out the God's name in his dying breaths.

Quetzalcoatl only inhabits his body when he turns into the serpent, the Aztec God always hovering close, unseen to the human eye, only able to be looked at through an obsidian mirror.
So the moment he opens his eyes, he notes that the air feels different, heavier.
Without saying a word, he quickly stands and notes Richter's bedroll is empty. He hears the rain hammering down relentlessly on the surface of the Hold.

Anxious, he quickly weaves through the aisles and finds Richter looking almost catatonic, gazing into the obsidian mirror like he's hypnotized.
Quetzalcoatl senses the danger before Olrox does and makes the Aztec pause.
He takes out his obsidian blade and angles the reflection towards Richter.

Olrox sees Tēzcatlipōca clear as day in the small reflection, looming over Richter like a beast ensnaring its prey. The Aztecs' heart pounds with amazement at seeing another Aztec God but also fear for Richter. He feels Quetzalcoatl shrinking back in fear of his elder brother, seeing the man shaped God stepping away in the reflection of the obsidian blade.

"Richter?" Olrox whispers with genuine panic in his voice. But Belmont can't hear him. All he hears is the God of Darkness' voice crooning in his ear.
"Why do you want me?" Richter whispers so low Olrox has to strain to hear. The vampire can't hear Tēzcatlipōca speak, but Richter can.

Belmont doesn't even realize Olrox is at the end of the aisle, he's too focused on the mirror and the God's arms around his waist. Richter sees Tēzcatlipōca still grinning in the larger mirror, and then the God speaks. His voice is raspy, ancient, but somehow still sounding youthful with the hint of a growling undertone.

"Because you're perfect. You fit the physical qualities in order to be worthy of becoming me. You're a young, pretty male with a slim body. No scars, no blemishes, not overfed, or small, nor exceedingly tall. You have a connection to my baby brother Quetzalcoatl whether you like it or not."

Richter still stares dazed into the mirror.
"Do you understand that, Ixiptla?" Tēzcatlipōca almost purrs, tilting his head to the side, the various shells, reeds, and feathers hanging from his headdress swaying with the movement.
Olrox grits his teeth, angry and panicked.

Ixiptla in Nahuatl means a deity embodiment, like an avatar. Quetzalcoatl had explained to Olrox that the Aztec Gods need to inhabit human or vampire bodies due to their powers having weakened since the blood sacrifices stopped when the Aztec Empire fell.
Even so, outside of Olrox's body, Quetzalcoatl can't interact with anything, like a ghost.

But judging by how Tēzcatlipōca's hands are visibly leaving wrinkles on Richter's clothes, the elder brother still has enough power to physically interact with the mortal world, even if no one can see him save for using any obsidian surface.
Richter moves his head up and down stiffly in something resembling a nod.

Tēzcatlipōca notices Olrox and Quetzalcoatl.
"Look who decided to join us, Ixiptla," The elder Aztec God murmurs into Richter's ear. Belmont snaps out of the trance long enough to see Olrox in the mirror reflection.
"Olrox?" He blinks in surprise, like he just woke up from a long nap.
"Tēzcatlipōca, let Richter go," Olrox mutters, head lowered in respect to the God.

"Why? Is it because my baby brother Quetzalcoatl has shown you the goodness in humanity?" The deity asks, almost sounding bored, like he's heard Quetzalcoatl's reasoning a million times before.
"My brother and I agreed to work together when we started the fifth sun cycle. But then the sacrifices stopped when our people were slaughtered. You know this, you witnessed it yourself."

It seems the legends didn't lie when they said Tēzcatlipōca can see into the hearts of anyone using a mirror.
"This Vampire Messiah wants to block out the sun. Oh, no, no, no. I'm not letting her harm Huitzilopochtli. This is the longest cycle we've had so far. But my brothers and I have grown weaker as the years passed. I need an avatar like Quetzalcoatl needs you to turn into his beast form and fight."

"The process could kill Richter," Olrox pleads. "I don't want him to die."
Tēzcatlipōca laughs, the sound almost like a jaguar purring.
"Oh, I won't let Ixiptla here die, I assure you. I've read the boy's heart and mind, I know what's happening in France. The boy has power, I can feel it locked away somewhere inside his body. Perhaps I could be the key to letting it loose. But the three of you going to face her now would be idiotic. Train here, gather information. I'll be watching, but I cannot intervene unless he allows me to."

Tēzcatlipōca glances at Richter again and reluctantly lets him go, then he vanishes into the shadows. Once freed, Richter blinks and rubs his eyes, like he didn't process the conversation that just happened.
He looks at Olrox in confusion and jumps a little when the vampire hugs him.
"He didn't hurt you, did he?" The Aztec asks.
Richter shakes his head no.
"What happened?" He murmurs against Olrox's shoulder, not understanding a word since Tēzcatlipōca and Olrox were speaking in Nahuatl.

"Probably our only chance at winning this in the end," the Aztec sighs, relieved Richter is safe.
He guides Belmont back down to where the bedrolls are, setting the obsidian mirror close by on the table.
"Get some more rest," he urges Richter, sensing that the sun is setting again. He glances over to see Edouard stirring awake to be active at night.

"I'll explain everything to Edouard, get some sleep," Olrox's voice sounds distorted as Richter slips under.
****
He's relieved when he dreams again. The familiar field and stars calms him. Leon looks relieved to see him too. He clings to Leon a little too tightly.
"What is it? What's wrong?" His ancestor asks.

"There's a lot I need to tell you," Richter whispers.
"And leave me out of it, Ixiptla? Where is the fun in that?"
Richter almost feels his heart stop. He didn't expect Tēzcatlipōca to follow him in his dreams.
Leon gets in front of Richter. Even if the younger Belmont can't physically get hurt in his own dreams, Leon still wants to protect him.

"Demon, this is Richter's safe space. Leave now," Leon warns, the Vampire Killer tight in his hand. Tēzcatlipōca laughs, slowly walking around them, his limp still prominent.
"I am no demon, Leon Belmont," he laughs, exhaling black smoke from his nose that curls around his head.

It's strange seeing Tēzcatlipōca fully, without the aid of a mirror. He's still tall, his headdress is more detailed than Richter expected, a large obsidian mirror is behind the jaguar skull he still wears. The reeds, shells, and feathers still sway with each movement.

He didn't expect the older Aztec God to have so much color on his bracelets, skirt, and elaborate looking necklace. His darker skin only makes the colors pop out more. He wears mainly gold, blue, and red. His face is more human looking than Richter realized. Almost handsome, in an exotic way.

Richter stares at the God, not frightened, just wary. Despite everything, Richter knows Tēzcatlipōca doesn't want to harm him at all.
"I come seeking your descendant's aid. I need the secrets of this Hold just as much as Ixiptla does," he explains. Leon glances back at Richter, looking conflicted. The younger Belmont recalls how Olrox lowered his head in respect at the Aztec God. Richter knows Olrox isn't the type of vampire to bow to anyone of higher authority unless it's a being he genuinely respects.

So if Olrox can put his ego aside to show respect to the deity that created and destroyed the world four times over, so can Richter. So the younger Belmont nods his assurances to Leon.
****
By the time Richter wakes up, it feels like he didn't really get any rest. He had spent the entire night listening to Leon explain to him and Tēzcatlipōca the Hold's secrets, the weapons, what books to read. Richter told Leon about the Abbott's Book and explained the machine under the church back in France.

"You'll need to find a way to destroy the machine," Leon had stated. "There is a weapon, one of incredible power that can be dangerous to wield, even for a Belmont."
Richter searches for the weapon, weaving between the aisles. He's the only one down in the Hold.

"If I can recall correctly, it's a stronger whip, forged from metal and heated with fire," Leon's description still echoes in Belmont's head. "It should be in a chest, hidden in a hole in one of the walls."
Richter finds a large sized hole blown out from the brick wall. He drags the chest out, noticing the lock has long since been broken off.

He heaves the lid of the chest open and gazes down at the weapon with wide eyes.
"The blacksmiths that made it called it the Morning Star," Leon had explained.
Gently, and with trembling fingers, he picks the weapon up. The long chain rattles softly, the metal cool to the touch. He pulls the chain between his hands, it still feels strong, even now.

He murmurs a thank you to Leon, then rushes back to the main area where their bedrolls are. Richter removes his blue overcoat and folds it gently into his travel bag, then he puts the longer overcoat on, the one he got from the shop. The sleeves are a little long, but it doesn't bother him.

He takes the two whips, the Abbot's Book, and the obsidian mirror. Grabbing a sturdy rope, he loops it through the hole at the top of the mirror, then ties it securely to his belt, the obsidian glass thumping against his thigh. Richter looks up when Edouard and Olrox come back down.

Once at the ground floor, Olrox gently cups Richter's cheeks.
"My love," the Aztec sighs.
"Do you have my back, Olrox?" he asks.
"Always," Olrox promises.
"Good. Tomorrow, we train, all of us," Richter nods, that familiar spark back in his blue eyes.
"But, your powers..." Olrox hesitates.
"I'll be okay," Richter promises.

"We'll go back to France soon?" Edouard asks, his voice hopeful as he gently squeezes Belmont's hand. Richter smiles a genuine smile, looking like his old self.
"Soon," he nods again. Richter feels the mirror weighing heavily at his side, hidden under the length of his overcoat. He can feel Tēzcatlipōca close by, quiet, watching out for him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30K 717 28
Working in the city of Ergastulum, (F/n) encounters unusual people and events, as she was adjusting to live a life of solitude after a family crisi...
11.4M 484K 38
"The Caregiver and the Mob Boss" ❦ Avelina makes her money by taking care of those who can't take care of themselves. When she is handed a case about...
128 1 6
(a Creepypasta story I made ) Note 2021: still on rewrite, good this is so old 4 Stories , 3 deaths (maybe more), 2 lovers, 1 Proxy.... In every...