Broken Beads

By Abha3006

Mistakes are a part of human growth, but some are unforgivable and life changing. Riya Varun met when dreams... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 11

485 70 2
By Abha3006

''Their parents will know, whole world will know. They are powerful people'' Nirali said to the group in a worry laden voice.

''How does it matter? They never checked on them for years, why should it matter now?'' Amisha asked

''It didn't matter that some idiot leaked a picture, Riya's father still should have stood by his daughter. He didn't, it mattered then. He married her off as if she was some kind bane on then. They are aware that Riya is divorced, but they kept the charade of her marriage with Shaan among their peers.'' Nirali took a deep breath, ''Now Varun, his father is known to be a wolf. Things he can't get, he destroys. Be it business or people. Varun's mother, his siblings and all he called family left him alone. He was ready to destroy the reputation of a young girl, the moment that man knows of this union, his ego will take a hit.'' Nirali's words bought silence. 

''Then we face them , together.'' Naman said. There was no way he would allow anyone to take away the happiness his friend got after years.

''Yes, we face  them. hell with their power.'' Lakshay added. The others agreed. He turned to other the two, ''Riya and Varun will stay with us. '' Arun and Naman nodded, taking the leave. Amisha gave a hug to Nirali, ''l'll see you later.'' Nirali nodded and instructed Amisha to call once she reaches home.

The couples shared a hug, happy yet worried about their friends, but they were hopeful that things would take a beautiful turn for them.

***

Riya stood at the window watching the full moon shining brightly at her. Her slips stretched into a smile that came from heart. Varun watched the only woman he had loved since he understood the word. He stood at the other side of the window. ''You look beautiful with a smile.'' Varun complimented . Riya met his eyes and silence stretched between them. 

''How many did you compliment when I was gone?'' She asked.

''The Riya in my dreams. It has always been you, it will always be you.'' He said with a serious face. Riya straightened , she covered he distance and stood her eyes locked with his. Riya caressed his face, her fingers moving across the lines of his face. She seemed to be recalling his features from the time they were together. ''You are here, with me.'' She whispered, her voice wobbly with emotions. Varun covered her hand on face with his palm, kissing her palm deep. ''We are here, and this time forever.'' Riya threw her arms around his middle trying to erase any distance between them. Her hands moved frantically all over him as he held her close to her chest. Riya went on her toes placing numerous kisses all over his face, neck and chest, hugging him close again. Riya would dug her fingers deep into his back to make sure he wouldn't disappear. 

Varun buried his face deep in her neck, he was home. He finally was where he belonged, he felt light and his heart felt calm. As they broke the hug, they caressed each other again and again trying to remember all they knew about one another. Varun held her face between both his palms watching her as if she was the last wish before a death sentence. He leaned his forehead against hers as they took deep breaths, he caressed her head. ''I cut my hair, I will grow them back.''

Varun chuckled, ''It doesn't matter, nothing matters more than you. Your hair, dress all should be your wish..so should be me.'' A hiccup left her throat, ''I missed you.'' She whispered. Varun pecked her forehead, ''I missed you...with every breath. I love you with my soul.'' 

Riya took a step back, holding his hands out, she pushed his sleeve up exposing the scars on his arms. ''Its nothing.'' Varun quickly stepped back pulling the sleeve down. Riya noticed the slight tremble in his voice, he wasn't meeting her eyes. He was hiding, this wasn't the Varun she had fallen for, he was confident, bold and full of life. Riya shut her eyes tight, this wasn't the right time to dig deep, she was going to open all that he had deep in his heart. She covered the distance he created in his fear. Grabbing him collar, she pulled him closer, ''You walked away once, you will not leave me again.''

''If I leave now, I will die.''

''No! None of us will die, we will live our life to the fullest. We will fulfil all our dreams, we will have our family and will die old...very old. Do you get me?'' He nodded as tears came streaming down his eyes. Riya went on her toes again pecking his lips softly, and they were back in the dark or their school library where they shared their first kiss. ''I.....'' He wanted to apologise again but she ate his words. Wrapping her arms around his neck, she stood on his feet her lips devouring his. No man, however good could claim her heart. She tried many times to move on, but a part was stuck with him. 

Varun wrapped his arms around her pulling her up, giving her easy access to his lips. She felt like a missing breath, a piece of his soul and reason he was given his life.  Riya hugged him tight, her limbs around him in a tight grip. Varun gently carried her to the bed, placing her gently on the mattress. He tried moving away but she pulled him close. ''Where are you going?''

''Nowhere! I am here. I will always be here.'' He replied, placing a peck on his cheek . He laid on her chest as she rubbed her back. ''Varun, there is lot to catch up. I want to know all.''

Varun stayed quite. She understood, he wasn't willing to share, but she wanted to know all, if not him, Lakshay will have to answer her questions. 

''What are you thinking?'' She asked

''If you are real?'' She smiled pecking the top of his head. ''I am , and I am here. Varun, I want to live all we missed. Will you do that for me?''

''Anything for you.'' He said closing his eyes in the comfort of his arms. Riya kept caressing his head till she heard soft sonars. She was going to do all to make their life perfect.  Something between her thoughts and dreams for future, she slipped into a deep slumber, her heart calm and soul content.

***

Amisha watched the busy road, the city seemed to awake all the time. She was happy for Riya and Varun. She had developed a deep friendship with Varun, he was more like a brother. She shut her eyes tight as the word 'brother'  cut her heart deep, but the discussion all of them had her worried more than her own issue. No one forced her or tortured her, she had made her choice on her terms.

Varun's father was an influential man, a very powerful man. He had mentally broken his own blood for his own pride, she was sure the man would go any length to destroy his own to feel victorious. Dewan family had completely forgotten their own blood, but she won't let anything hurt Varun -Riya anymore.

AMisha walked back to her room, pulled open her cupboard , she picked a sim from the box staring at it for long. Inserting the sim in her phone, she dialled a number. 

The phone was being answered in one ring, ''So, you finally called. How is Mumbai treating you?''

Amisha stared at her phone a little confused. ''How do you know where I am?''

The voice on other side chuckled, ''I have always known, you are important. Why did you call? Do you need help?''

''A friend might need help.''

''Same old Ami, will always think of others until someone breaks her heart.'' The taunt came a little cold.

''Will you help or not?''

''Have I ever refused you a thing?'' Amisha kept quite! ''I will, call me when you need me.''

''You won't ask anything in return?'' She blurted out and regretted immediately. ''Sorry!''

''Its okay Ami! You know what you mean to us. Come back home Ami, we miss you.'' Amisha swallowed the dryness. ''There is nothing left for me there and I am happy here.''

There was a laughter again, ''You will come home Ami, soon.'' And before she could, the line went dead.

***

Riya opened her eyes to soft voices outside her room, she smiled at Varun's sleeping form. Gently removing his hand, she left the bed and moved out of he door to find Nirali sitting in the middle of room holding her head in her hands, ''Hey all good?''

''Naman decided to cook for all of us. My kitchen is a mess, and I am going to murder all three of them.'' Riya walked to the kitchen and peeped in, her eyes going wide. ''Why are you guys cooking?''

''For you and Varun?''

''Have you cooked before?'' She asked

''No, but we have watched lot of videos. Just relax, it will be ready in 10 mins.'' Riya nodded, leaving them alone.

She went back to her Nirali,'' I am planning to take Varun out on a date''. Nirali narrowed her eyes. ''They decided to  maul my kitchen for you. My help refused to clean after them, you will stay and help me clean with all of them.''

Riya wanted to argue but Naman stuffed her mouth with something. ''How is it? Just like a Michelin chef dish, right!'' Riya chewed on the nugget he prepared, it was hard as rock but not bad in taste. Her eyes met that of Naman, with what she had understood about him, Naman was fiercely loyal for all his relationships.

''Naman, thank you!'' He understood her words. Picking up another piece, he fed her again , this time tenderly

''Welcome to family Riya!'' She smiled , picking up one piece, she decided to feed him but her hand was pulled towards another mouth. Varun pulled her closer, ''Only me!''

Naman pulled Riya's hand towards his mouth, ''She has all the right so did I.'' Naman argued. Varun seemed agitated for some reason and Riya noticed it. She held Varun's hand, ''Won't you let them befriend them? I never had many friends.'' And it worked, he nodded. She fed Naman and then Arun. While the two accepted, Lakshay escaped on pretext of a call. 

Naman laughed a very agitated Nirali chasing her husband. ''So, when are love birds planning the wedding.'' He asked

''Its not necessity. We are together and that maters.'' Her reply made something shift on Varun's face and his friend read it. Arun quickly changed the subject, ''Take all the time you guys have. We have a show to prepare for. RIya, if Nirali and Lakshay bore you, we have an extra room.''

''We are comfortable here.'' Varun answered. 

Naman shook his head. ''How much ever you want, one day, she will be my best friend. She will not ditch me he way you did.'' He reminded Varun about the stunt he pulled to end his own life. Varun rubbed his face. ''Let it go.''

''Never.'' Varun answered

''You guys want coffee? I make the best one.'' Riya tried to dissuade the tension.

''Yes!'' That came unison and another yes came from inside the room. Naman tried calming Varun down as ARun followed Riya to the kitchen.

''Need help?''

''No with kitchen but with some information. I want to know what Varun won't'' 

Arun huffed, ''Riya, you are strong. he isn't! Give sometime to all of us, and you will know all.''

''I want to help him, I can.''

''Yes, only you can. But pls, give us all a time. '' Riya nodded handling him his coffee. She walked out with tray and found Varun in discussion with Naman. Varun picked his cup, his eyes locked with Riya. She blinked at him giving him a loving an assuring smile. She took seat next to Nirali as the friends started catching up on old times. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.3K 1.4K 37
A love story started while healing eachother.Naksh and Tanishi two broken souls started to rely on one another for everything.The love they craved fo...
39.8K 2.8K 62
Marrying a straight person isn't good at all. But falling in love with a straight person is it wrong? Having crush on him for several years is it a c...
114 27 24
Ritu used to live in a dreamy world. She believed that one day her prince charming would surely come. In search of true love, she saw many ups and do...
172 8 1
They were lovers, until the very end. CONTAINS: *VIOLENCE *BLOOD *CHARACTER DEATH *ANGST ANGST ANGST WORK IS MINE! DON'T COPY OFF IT AND IF YOU WA...