Primeval's Twist (A Primeval...

By SherlockPhones

Katherina Dracula has been there from the start. Her father, being one of Professor Nick Cutter's closest fri... More

Chapter 1: The British Museum (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 2: The British Museum (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 4: The Abandoned House (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 5: Helen's Hospital (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 6: Helen's Hospital (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 7: The Airport & The Fake Anomaly (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 8: The Airport & The Fake Anomaly (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 9: Fungus (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 10: Fungus (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 11: Birdy Escape (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 12: Birdy Escape (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 13: Dracorex In Shining Armour (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 14: Dracorex In Shining Armour (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 15: A Dead Future (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 16: A Dead Future (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 17: Camping With Rhinos (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 18: Camping With Rhinos (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 19: Don't Leave Me Behind (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 20: Don't Leave Me Behind (part 2)✔️
Sequel (part 1)
Sequel (part 2)

Chapter 3: The Abandoned House (part 1)✔️✔️

2K 35 21
By SherlockPhones

24/6/15

I don't own any of primeval, it's plot or characters unfortunately. However, Katherina and her family are mine. All credit and rights go to impossible pictures.

Outfit:

~~~~~~~~~

Katherina's POV:

It had been a good month since the incursion at the museum and Dr Sarah Page had since joined the team. She fit in perfectly, acting as though she had been here all long.

I currently sat in the hub, watching Abby at her desk and talking softly with Becker about Cutter and this metal matrix he seemed to think could predict anomalies.

The door behind us burst open, causing Becker and I to rise and turn to see what was happening, as Cutter, Connor and Sarah came striding to the centre.

"Alright listen up," Cutter called. "I've analysed the most recent anomalies and put them into the model. The prediction is specific and local, but there's a problem. It could happen tomorrow, it could happen many years from now."

I began to get confused, what would the point in watching the site be, if we had no idea when it could occur? I could tell by Becker's furrowed eyebrows he was thinking the same thing.

"I want you to go and check it out," Cutter turned to Jenny. "And take..." He glanced at Abby and Connor. "Sid and Nancy with you."

I snorted before standing straighter and leaning towards Cutter.

"Can I go with them? I literally have nothing else to do..." I trailed off.

Cutter considered me for a moment, perhaps wondering if I was going to be suicidal or something, before speaking.

"If you let Becker come too."

I glanced to the soldier beside me, holding his gaze for a few seconds before smirking.

"Whatever Trevor." I said before walking to the armoury.

"Come on Sarah I need you here." Cutter said as he turned to leave.

"Help," Sarah whispered in a mock-scared voice. "I've been taken over by an obsessive scientist."

"Welcome to our world!" Connor shouted after her.

~~~~~~~~~~

When we finally arrived at the abandoned house the coordinates led to, Jenny surprisingly managed to convince Becker to stay in the car. He grumbled before conceding, yet held my arm back as Abby, Connor and Jenny walked to wards the house.

He slipped his arm around the small of my back and pressed his mouth to my ear.

"Please try not to get yourself killed." He whispered, sending shivers down my spine.

I glanced up at him, his face mere centimetres from mine, and winked at him.

"But if I don't put myself in danger, how else are you to be my knight with shining weapons?"

He chuckled lowly as I pulled away and headed after the others.

We'd gotten considerably closer over the past few weeks, if you hadn't noticed. The fact we both spend half our lives in the armoury seemed to help...

I jogged through the woods to catch up with the others and we walked across an unsteady bridge, slowly.

"This is the place." Connor muttered.

"Well let's go then..." Jenny muttered, unsurely.

"Well what are we supposed to do?" Connor asked. "Sit here twiddling our thumbs till an anomaly opens?"

"Something like that." Jenny spoke sarcastically, flashing a smirk to Abby and I.

We slowly made our way across the bridge until we came to the front garden of the house. It was a large house, once beautiful but now claimed by nature due to years of being uninhabited. We walked up the rickety steps, Connor in the lead, who decided it would be fun to punch a wind-chime that hung off the porch. He stopped smiling at our glares and turned towards the double doors. He tried the door, frowning when it didn't open, and turned to walk around the house to see if he could find another way in.

"Seems quiet enough." Abby said to Jenny as I walked towards the door.

As my hair was in a high ponytail for a change, I reached into my hair and grabbed a bobby pin. I bent it out of shape before entering it into the lock on the door, and twisting until I heard the tell-tale click of the lock.

I opened the door and Jenny stepped past me into the house, only for Connor to jump out and make Jenny scream.

"Connor!" She shouted as her hand flew to her chest.

"Sorry." He smirked. "Window was open, nobody in..." He paused. "Wait how did you open the door?"

I smirked at him.

"You do know I can pick locks, right Con?" I winked at him.

"Right..." He sighed. "You could have mentioned that before I climbed through 50 feet of spider webs."

"My bad." I spoke nonchalantly as I stepped trough the door.

"What happened here?" Jenny wondered out loud as we all took in the dirty, empty house.

"This place..." Abby's voice held complete awe. "Must be worth millions. Why's it just been left?" She exasperated as she flung her arms into the air.

We all continued to slowly move around and look for any unusual signs.

"The smell? Maybe." Connor chuckled at his own joke.

"It could be sewers. Maybe damp?" Jenny wondered.

"It's more like they've been keeping animals." Abby observed as she wrinkled her nose.

"What kind of animals?" I cringed. "Skunks?"

Jenny and I headed upstairs, leaving Connor and Abby to wonder downstairs.

"Maybe the owners are abroad?" I said quietly.

"Well either way we can't stay here indefinitely just to satisfy Cutters latest whim." Jenny said with a glance at me out the corner of her eye.

"You think he's wrong?" I asked, surprised that she would come here if she doubted him.

"I think he's crazy." She said with a laugh.

I wondered into the bathroom and peeked behind the bath curtain as I answered her.

"Sounds like he's gotten under your skin."

"Have you ever been attracted to someone you don't even like?" She asked with amusement.

I simply raised my eyebrows at her.

"Either way, it you're attracted to him, don't wait for the guy to make the first move... You could be waiting till old age." Knowing Cutter it might even never happen.

"Are you going to take your own advice?" She smirked.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said innocently.

However, almost immediately, an image of Becker shot to the front of my mind.

"Oh, don't think none of us haven't noticed how close you're getting to our dear Captain." She rolled her eyes.

"We both like guns. It's simple common interest." I walked out into the corridor.

"Yes, whatever makes it easier." She laughed out right.

I walked downstairs, away from her teasing and saw light coming brightly from a room off to the right. I followed the light, and it lead into a large pale room, as beautiful as the rest of the house. It even had one of those old, iron fireplaces.

"Wow." I whispered.

Suddenly, dust started coming from the fire place, and hearing Abby and Connor's voices in the next room, it gave me an idea.

I screamed. As loud as I could. Then I hid.

Abby and Connor came sprinting into the room, shouting my name and scanning for me. Like I suspected, dust started coming from the fireplace again, putting both people on edge. They crept towards the fireplace, fear evident on their faces. Deciding to put them out of their misery, I ran up behind them both, as quietly as I could, and pounced on their backs, causing them to scream out.

Laughing, I came around to the front of them so they could see me, and nearly fell over at the looks on their faces.

"That was childish." Connor squeaked.

"Are you scared?" I mocked.

"No!" He said quickly, nearly cutting me off.

It was then I noticed how tightly he grasped Abby's hand and sent him a knowing smirk.

"Abby needed it!" He lied, as he quickly let go of her hand.

She laughed along with me.

"You know what?" I smiled. "I like this place... It's fun."

I realised, while being like this, I was staring to go back to the way I used to be, before Stephen died. Maybe I'm finally stopping grieving, I don't know. I smiled as I walked out the room, failing to see the soldier in the window who observed me and laughed quietly at my antics.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well that was eventful." Jenny muttered as we all left the house.

"It's funny isn't it." A new voice stopped us from outside the house. "Care to explain what you're doing here?" The man asked as he flashed us a police badge.

"Just visiting." Jenny answered quickly.

"Well the way I see it," he said as he turned to face us. "You're either burglars or trespassers."

"Do we look like burglars to you?" Jenny said as Connor laughed.

"Well I'm pretty sure I've seen laughing boy on a wanted poster, yeah." The officer said with a glare at Connor.

"He talking about me?!" Connor said in shock.

"Officer-"

"Detective constable Quinn." He cut Jenny off. "And you are?"

"We're property developers." She said quickly.

"You're lying." He answered back immediately. "I should arrest you all but quite frankly I can't be bothered. You people aren't worth the paperwork."

He stepped aside for us to pass through, anger present in his eyes. We walked, me bringing up the rear, before something clicked in my head.

"What do you mean, you people?" I asked quietly.

"Murder tourists." He growled. "You people make me sick." He stepped forward so he stood in my face. "Now GET OUT. And if I see you here again your feet won't touch the ground, do you understand?"

"Come on." Becker shouted from just this side of the bridge, how did I not notice him come over here?

I ignored Jenny, Abby and Connor as I strode over to Becker and stood by his side, only to be stopped again by Connor's voice.

"You know what," he started as he turned back around to the officer. "Can I just say I think the police are doing a great job, and the occasional lapse into clichés are completely understandable."

The officer simply glared in response as Abby dragged Connor away. Becker put his hand on the small of my back and pushed me across the bridge ahead of the others.

"Okay I'll admit you didn't try to get yourself killed," he started dryly. "But nearly getting yourself arrested? Really?"

I just shook my head in response, not in the mood for our usual banter. When we made it to the other side of the bridge, I saw a small girl dressed in a long red coat watching us. Nobody else seemed to notice.

"There's something strange going on here," Jenny started. "Katie stay here, if anything happens call us."

"I'll stay with her." Becker immediately volunteered.

"No you won't, Katie is fine on her own." Jenny said with a scowl.

I do have extensive training in multiple martial arts. She does have a point.

"Well where are you going?" I asked.

"To get some answers." She said as she walked towards the cars with Connor and Abby.

"Come on Becker. She'll be fine." Jenny shouted over her shoulder as the soldier lingered.

He sent me a quiet look to which I smiled in response.

"Go on," I whispered as I placed my hand on his arm to push him towards the cars. "It's about time I kicked some arse on my own."

He shook his head in response before running after the others.

I stood alone for a minute as the others pulled away, before noticing the little girl again. As my gaze snapped to her she turned and tried to hide behind a tree, however I had already seen her.

Becker's POV:

We arrived back to The ARC in plenty of time, however my mind refused to leave Katie. I couldn't help the bad feeling I had, I just hoped it was me being paranoid due to Lester's initial warning about her.

As soon as I entered the building I headed straight for the centre of security. With nothing else to do I decided it was my turn to man the gate that allows employees to be let in. I arrived in time to see Sarah arrive.

"ID," I said immediately. "You know the drill."

She began searching through her pockets, trying to find her ID, however frowned when she failed to find it.

"I can't..." She trailed off.

"Nobody gets in with out their pass." I said to her unforgivingly.

"Oh come on it's not as if you don't know who I am." She said desperately.

"Sir." One of my men said from behind me. "According to the logs, Sarah Page entered the building a quarter of an hour ago...."

Shit.

I looked up in shock before telling the man to activate the intruder alarm and sprinting to find whoever it was.

It came over my headset that there was someone in a slightly different uniform in the locker room, so I immediately headed there. I entered and drew my gun, aiming at the man who was rifling through Cutter's locker.

"Turn around now!" I demanded.

The man slowly complied, one hand holding a jacket and the other in his pocket.

"Show me your hands!" I growled, actually glad we had left Katherina behind.

He brought a gun from his pocket and the sight of the weapon set me on edge immediately.

"Drop your weapon and get down on the ground now!" I shouted as I stepped towards him.

In answer, he raised his gun at me ready to shoot. I saw the determination in his eyes, he was going to shoot me if I didn't shoot him. A picture of Katherina flashed before my eyes as I pulled the trigger at the man, his body slamming against the lockers behind him from the impact of the bullet, his blood splashing the walls. I crept forward, gun still raised, and kicked the gun out of the now dead mans hand. The bullet went straight through his heart.

"Guns don't always fail Katie." I whispered grimly.

I heard steps behind me and turned to see Cutter enter.

"I know this man." He said quietly. "That's impossible."

"Why?" I questioned noticing his gaze.

"Because Katie, Stephen and I watched him die in the desert millions of years ago." He said with a grim look.

Oh. I see why that's impossible.

Katherina's POV:

I sat on the porch swing, staring at the trees and wondering about the girl, before I decided it would be a good time to go over and see if she was okay. I wondered over to a large tree in the front garden before spotting the girl over near the house next door, a large, white house. She stood with a small dog.

I'll wait until she comes back over here, I thought. She seems to be coming back and forth.

I turned back towards the house and froze. In the top, middle window, the curtains moved. Like someone had been staring out of them. Squinting, I moved back towards the house. Breaking out into a sprint, I hit the front doot, opened it and slowed.

"Hello?" I called as I heard a scuttling from upstairs. "Who's there?"

I slowly began walking up the stairs, my black boots making the stairs creek.

"Hello?"

God this place is creepy.

I began walking further up the stairs, scanning for any sign of life, yet coming up empty handed. I walked towards one of the rooms off to the right.

"Hello?" I said as I walked into the middle bedroom where the curtains had moved.

I walked towards the window, looking outside, and noticed from the view it wasn't quite the right room. I heard a strange squeak from behind me and immediately turned, wishing I had either my gun or my blades right now. All I had was a small army knife tucked into the back if my jeans. Great.

I took the knife out, being extremely cautious, and walked towards where the sound was. Suddenly, more noise came from the room next door, however it was loud like there was a hole in the wall. I noticed the mattress pressed against the wall, and slowly moved towards it, straining my ears. I moved the mattress aside, seeing not a hole but an entire doorway, and moved inside.

I brushed the dust off my bare arms, wishing I had a jacket over my top, before walking towards the window with my knife pointed to the ground. I slowly pulled the curtain back, scanning the frame, but didn't see anything that could have made the curtain move on it's own.

Suddenly, I head the sound of feet pattering on the wall behind me and I spun at the sound. The sound continued along the wall and I looked but couldn't see what was making the sound. Feeling the knowing dread that something which wasn't human stood in the room with me, I ran at full pelt to the doorway and sprinted out as fast as I could. I speed walked out of the room and to the top of the stairs before freezing at the sound of an animal growl. I spun to look, and not seeing anything I spun back again.

Suddenly, a creature, unlike any I'd seen, jumped out of the doorway and swiped me with it's claws. I felt it's talons make contact with my stomach, heard my clothes rip and felt the blood began to pour. The momentum of the swipe knocked me backwards, where I fell all the way down the stairs. My head crashed into the wall, my hands grasping my stomach... Until finally the darkness took over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 472 36
When a dark and powerful entity threatens the very fabric of space and time and puts the entire system of multiverses in peril a team of special char...
23K 536 20
Writing Prompt from my friend: Sara leaves Germany to travel around the world, when she arrives in Presque Isle, Maine the Abenki tribe wolves attack...
2.7K 53 14
[BOOK ONE] Sofi Wyatt is an ambitious young grad student working on her Master's degree and researching her PhD thesis. During a morning appointment...
30.6K 862 11
*Completed* When Y/N finds her life completely flipped upside down and her world completely shattered, she must decide wether to continue pushing fo...