Among Misery (MHA AU)

By New_Hybrid

Izuku Midoriya, who was born without was facing an endless amount of bullying and threats from others at scho... More

Chapter 1- Is This Misery?
Chapter 2 - New Bonds Meet an Old One
Chapter 3- The Deal of Misery
Chapter 4- Seeking Recompense
Chapter 5- Path to a Real Family
Chapter 6- Hope for the Better
Chapter 7- First Step Alone
Chapter 8- New Sense of M̶i̶s̶e̶r̶y̶ Purpose
Chapter 9- The Naive Fool
Chapter 10- To Live is to Suffer
Chapter 12- Late Reawakening
Chapter 13- End of Phase One: "I Accept"
Chapter 14- Starting Today
Chapter 15- Things Will Be Different

Chapter 11- Reminiscing

264 4 0
By New_Hybrid

DAY OF THE UA ENTRANCE EXAM

It was the day of the UA entrance exam and Katsuki along with many other examinees were getting a presentation of how the practical version would go. Katsuki was confident in how he performed in the written, especially after getting some extra help from Izuku, despite his ramblings he went on sometimes.

But nonetheless, the most important part was the practical. From the information he's collected so far, it seemed pretty straightforward. Destroy the robots to accumulate points, numbers raging from 1 to 3 points. However, there was a 4th one in the pamphlet that he noticed. Though a few minutes later some other examinee exclaimed about the missing fourth robot in the presentation.

It was mentioned that it would be more like an obstacle type of deal robot and won't be worth any points. So with that, the groups were sent to their different districts of the practical exam. Katsuki was getting some final stretches in with his arms as he waited. And not too much later, the commencing of the exam began.

With no time to waste, Katsuki had already launched himself ahead of the competition. Keeping a close eye while he was airborne he spotted the first robot and rushed towards it with an explosion, destroying it on impact.

'Alright, that's one point. Time to keep moving' he thought as he immediately jumped back into action.

As time continued to fly by, Katsuki continued to destroy every robot he saw on sight. He had already racked up a good number of points but with him being unsure on how much was required, he decided to keep going as far as he could. Strangely enough, he hasn't ran into the fourth robot mentioned, not that he's complaining but he just found it odd.

Then there was a sudden announcement about the fourth robot. Following the announcement, the ground began to tremble with heavy footsteps. Katsuki got on top of a building to get a better view and from not that far of distance, spotted the ginormous machinery.

Recalling that it was only going to serve as a distraction he didn't pay any mind to it and instead charged towards some robots that were near it. Since they were so close to the giant walking machine, he assumed their would be less competition for them.

However, he was only half right when he saw that some others took the same action. Never the matter, he only needed to be faster than them. When attacking them, he saw a mixture of different quirks in action. Some man shooting tape from his arms to wrap it around the robots then destroy them. Another had bruteforced through the machines and destoryed them with ease. Then he saw that there was one girl who had touched multiple robots which proceeded to float into the air. After awhile the robots suddenly dropped.

But they could only take advantage from these robots for not much longer. The giant robot had found its way to them and began to attack. Starting by running its gigantic arm through the building spreading the rubble from it towards the examinees. Luckily many of them manged to react and evacuate the area.

But not Katsuki, there was still some robots remaining near the area and decided to focus on them. He began charging towards a three pointer and soon realized some other yellow haired examinee was charging towards the same one. He seemed to have an electric quirk ready to strike with and had a look of desperation on his face. Katsuki knew he had the speed to beat him do he didn't worry much.

At least that was until he heard a sudden shout for help. Katsuki looked to his side. He saw that the same girl with the gravity quirk had a piece of rubble fall on her legs, trapping her as the mounting robot approached closer to her. With a short mental battle on what choice to make, he ultimately changed his trajectory towards that girl, leaving the electricity covered boy to destroy the three pointer robot.

With quick precision he manged to blow away the building rubble without harming the girl. The girl was quick with his action to help and got up. Katsuki got ahold of her forearm and was going to use his other one to get at a better distance. However he realised that it was going to be more difficult using only one arm. That's when he suddenly felt weightless and proceeded to get away with the girl holding onto his forearm too.

The two got away before more rubble fell. Then when they got at a safe distance, the girl deactivated her quirk. Katsuki was about to head off to continue with the exam but then there was a sudden announcement about the exam finishing. The giant machine stopped at its footsteps and so did everyone else.

Katsuki was panting from the exhaustion after being on such an adrenaline for the whole exam. He straightened his back and looked at the sky. However, he was then approached by the same girl he had saved.

"Hey so thanks so much for helping me out there" said Ochaco bowing gratefully.

"Yeah. It's no problem...though I guess I should also thank you for helping us both escape safely" said Katsuki.

"It's no biggie. Though I'm sorry you had to abandon that 3 pointer to help me. You mind me asking why the sudden change?" said Ochaco feeling a bit guilty.

Katsuki thought for second, knowing that the past him wouldn't have even bothered in saving her. He would've focused on only getting points for himself. However, he feels...no. He knows that his slow change was because of Izuku's influence on him, and he was thankful to have had Izuku beside him after everything. Though he wouldn't admit it to anyone else other than Izuku.

"Because I know a certain someone would be upset if I didn't, and I know that he'd do the exact same...heh, probably be reckless about it too" replied Katsuki.

Ochaco had a slight smile on her face when he saw that Katsuki was unkowlingly showing her his smile. So when he suddenly realized she was staring at him he quickly brushed it away.

"Agh! quit staring!" said Katsuki turning around.

Ochaco let out a giggle but nonetheless complied with his request. The two began to make their way out for the facility as they followed the evaluation robots guiding them towars the nearest exits. Ochaco dismissed herself from Katsuki when they reached the exit, since she was recommended to visit the school infirmary for any possible injuries. That was the last time they saw eachother until later they would find out they were assigned to the same class. Class 1-A.

PRESENT

Ochaco had finished telling Izuku about thr first time she met Katsuki. Katsuki had told him about how his practical exam had gone and that he did manage to save someone but hearing it from another perspective was also nice.

Ultimately, the two continued to talk and walk beside eachother. She was now telling Izuku about how today they were put on the same team for their first hero training, which was also taught by All Might himself. Ochaco continued to tell him about how Bakugou was determined to win and managed to lead the two of them to victory. Though she did mention how when Bakugou gets really into it, he becomes a bit more brash and confident.

Izuku told her not to worry too much about it, that's just his own way of showing how passionate he is about it. Honestly, it's in those times where Izuku is reminded a bit of how cocky he acted back then, but he knows this time that he doesn't mean anything bad by it.

After that, Ochaco also explained how Katsuki first mentioned that he has a step brother that he treats him like a real one, called Izuku Midoriya. This conversation happened when the entire class were getting to know each other. Katsuki didn't mean to say as much as he did and almost immediately afterwards he tried to brush away the subject, not bringing Izuku up back again after that. Ochaco assumed it was because he didn't like people seeing his more sincere side.

She was partially correct about what she said about Katsuki, thought Izuku. He hasn't really seen Katsuki throw many shouts when he's with him and for almost every moment he's shared with him, Katsuki always remained honest and modest with Izuku. Guess it surprises Izuku a bit on how much Katsuki truly does care for him. Izuku thanked Ochaco for telling him this. However, Ochaco then felt like she needed to bring up.

"So, I'm sorry for asking, but it's just been on my mind this whole, are you doing okay?"

Izuku froze when she asked that question.

"Wh- what do you mean?" Asked Izuku not really making eye contact that time.

"Well, I know I stopped those bullies from going any further but you already had that bandage on your cheek. I was just wondering if everything's alright" wondered Ochaco.

Izuku then reached for his cheek and instantly remembered everything that had happen earlier that day. Izuku then recalled back to their conversation and noticed that she still remained unaware that Izuku was quirkless. Not to mention, she only arrived to see when the bullies had already backed away from him, never seeing the actual beating he took. Before Izuku had another sudden moment that felt somewhat reminiscing in a dark way. Izuku brushed that thought away and replied back before he dragged it any longer.

"O-Oh this...Yeah this is nothing, just an accident that happened in school today" said Izuku looking to the side.

Ochaco took notice of how Izuku was acting and could tell that this conversation was somewhat uncomfortable for Izuku. She then decided to pull away from it, thinking it was best for him.

"Ah I see. Sorry for bringing it up" apologized Ochaco.

"It's alright...I mean it's part of your hero instincts to worry about others, is it not?" Said Izuku looking back at her with a forced smile.

When he did though, Ochaco could see how his hands were shaking. She didn't want to assume the worst, but she had a bad feeling that Izuku might be facing something and she just wanted to do something to help him in anyway possible.

"Hey you wanna exchange numbers?" Suddenly asked Ochaco catching Izuu off guard.

"Huh." Blurted out Izuku.

The two then reached a path where they would take different routes. The two had exchanged numbers with one another, Izuku still feeling sheepish of the fact that he managed to get a different contact om his phone. And from a girl in that matter!

"Well it was nice meeting the Izuku Midoriya in person" said Ochaco.

"Uh- Yeah, that's me" said Izuku laughing shyly "It was also nice meeting a classmate of Katsuki's"

"Well it was fun, I'll see you again some other time?" She said showcasing her phone hinting him.

"Oh! yeah, sure" said Izuku.

"Alrigt! See ya Midoriya!" Said Ochaco happily.

"Bye, have a safe walk home" waved goodbye Izuku.

"Will do, you too!" said Ochaco.

The two then walked their separate ways towards their house. As Izuku walked he looked back at his phone contacts, seeing that everything that happened was real. Though, he then recalled again about that weird event before she appeared in the scene. Somehow, he was managing to neglect their punches and not feel any pain from them. Izuku can't keep brushing this subject off like it isn't nothing, there is definitely something else going on, but it's just a matter of what and how it happens. That was his conclusion to that odd event that keeps happening, for now that is.

Izuku had arrived back home to a warm welcome by his parents. However, he remained unaware of the new guest invited in his head, one that he will reunite with after many years.

\_________________________________________/

Alright! I actually managed to get another one out this week. Trying to get some work done before the end of my break. Anyways hope you enjoyed this chapter. Maybe there will be another last one next week, but for now...

Hope to see you next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.3K 2K 17
(this story is discontinued though if you may want to do a rewrite or maybe adopt the book please feel free to comment or msg me xx) Life... An easy...
177K 4K 27
❤️Under editing❤️ After bieng bullied mercilessly by Bakugou and his other classmates deku is questioning his chances of becoming a hero. But along...
97.2K 3.5K 33
Izuku Midoriya was bullied and looked upon as a waste of space for the majority of his life. It only got worse when everyone found out that he was qu...
208K 5.9K 28
FIRST WATTPAD. Izuku Midoriya lives in a society where quirks (powers) exist, 80% of the population has quirks! 20% though... doesn't have a quirk. T...