Spin Bout U 3 | KV

By storiesbysarah_

Dayvon and Normani's love story continues in this FINAL BOOK: "𝔱𝔦𝔩𝔩 π”‘π”’π”žπ”±π”₯ 𝔑𝔬 𝔲𝔰 π”­π”žπ”―π”±" THIS... More

THE TRILOGY: Author's note
Prologue: "Deja Vu"
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 7

2.2K 132 98
By storiesbysarah_

Sitting on the couch with his headphones in, Dayvon kept his attention on the MacBook Air that rested against his legs. Herb ended up sending him a sample of the song they were working on earlier, which Von was currently in the middle of listening to now.

Von was desperately trying to keep his focus on the music, but the smell of whatever dinner Normani had made in the kitchen just kept distracting him. He knew exactly what she was doing, and he was trying his best not to fall for it.

He still was upset with her for not listening to him, but most of his anger had gradually subsided. After taking some time to just think about it while giving True and Dayvon Jr a bath, Von did realize that maybe he sort of overreacted with Normani.

I mean, was it really a crime that she went to the mall with her friends? No. And he couldn't really blame her either. Normani was a grown woman who is capable of making her own decisions. Expecting her to stay cooped up in the house 24/7 was definitely unrealistic; and it certainly wasn't the life Von intended for her to live anyway.

The last thing he ever wanted to do was make Normani feel like a prisoner in her own home. He loved her way too much, and only wanted the best for her and the kids.

He let out a deep sigh, just before the feeling of somebody tapping against his shoulder caught his attention. Von looked up, music still blasting in his ears as he could see Normani standing right in front of him. She had a plate of food in her hands, along with an apologetic look on her face. He could easily tell that she was sorry, which instantly made his heart drop.

"Damn..."

He muttered, immediately taking off his headphones.

"I made you something to eat since I know you were working all day, and you're probably hungry now."

She leaned down, handing him his plate which he took. The food smelled delicious, just as he could see the wings, mac n cheese, and veggies neatly plated for him.

"Damn beautiful, you ain't have ta go all out like this."

He chuckled. Normani just shrugged her shoulders, setting his drink down onto the coffee table.

"Just eat up."

She insisted. He couldn't take his eyes off her, immediately placing the food down in front of him.

"Hold on, come hea'. Let's talk first."

He motioned, wanting her to sit down with him. He just reached out and took her hand with his, gently intertwining their fingers together while bringing her close.

"Are you still mad at me?"

Normani innocently questioned, giving him a hesitant look. He just pulled her right down onto his lap, snaking his muscular arm around her waist.

"Is that why you made all this food? So I won't be mad?"

He pointed, trying not to smirk too much. He watched as she playfully rolled her eyes in a full circle.

"I don't know what you're talking about Von."

She sarcastically spoke, waving him off.

"But... I am sorry for not listening to you. I know that you're only just looking out for me and the kids safety, especially with everything going on. It's just been hard for me to adjust, but I promise you I'm trying-"

"Don't be sorry Mani. I should be tha one apologizing if anything."

He insisted.

"I know it's been hard fa you these last few weeks, and wit me being so paranoid about every lil thing, I might've been coming on a lil too strict around hea."

He admitted himself.

Normani could see the sincerity in his face as she gazed at him. She wasn't shocked at all with how understanding he was being. She knew Von like the back of her hand. He wasn't really too outgoing with his empathetic ways, but whenever it came to the people he loved, his heart was always big and filled with understanding.

And Normani just loved that about him.

"I just..."

Von continued on, but seemingly stopping mid-sentence. He instead found himself looking deeply into her eyes, the feeling of love just engulfing between them.

"What is it Von?"

She spoke softly, tugging at his locs a little with her fingers.

"Can I be honest witchu, Mani?"

He went on. Normani just nodded her head, giving him her full attention.

"When we broke up 4 years ago, one of tha reasons why I thought it was best fa us ta go our separate ways, was really fa yo safety alone. I always knew tha risks we were taking wit us being together; n' I promise you, I'm not sayin' we shouldn't be together. I would literally die without you by my side-"

He reassured her, using his hand to gently squeeze her side.

"But, it's a lot of bad shit that has happened ta you in tha past, and that's all because of me-"

"Dayvon- baby please don't blame yourself for those things."

Normani frowned, cupping his face with her hands. She could see the slight sadness in his eyes as they both continued gazing at each other.

"I really try not to... but it's tha honest truth, Mani. I always feel like sum bad shit is always gon' happen ta you guys because of me; and that's sum that be heavy on my mind a lot , which is why I always find myself bein' so hard on you."

Normani felt her heart dropping from his words. The fact that Von seemed to be carrying this weight of guilt heavy on his chest was terrible. She didn't think it was fair that he felt this way constantly. But, it also gave her clarity as to why he was being so overprotective.

"I'm not tryna make you feel sad fa me or nun. I'm a grown man, I ca' handle my feelings n shit."

He insisted, attempting to lighten the mood. Normani just pouted her lips, her fingers caressing the back of his neck in a soothing manner.

"I know Von, but I hate that you feel this way. You shouldn't be blaming yourself for every bad thing that happens, especially to us."

She spoke softly.

"Those people out there that choose to hurt us has nothing to do with you, and everything to do with them-"

"I know Mani, but I've done a lot of bad shit ta people in tha past. I can only see this as being my own karma now."

He admitted.

"Well... fuck karma. I feel like you and I already endured enough of it. Whatever happened in your past is merely just the past. You aren't the same man you were back then. I sincerely believe that you paid your do's already."

Dayvon just listened, feeling his heart swell up as Normani continued to speak.

"You got shot by the police and nearly almost died 4 years ago. I remember that night all too well; and when I tell you that was seriously the worst night of my life-"

She pointed, giving him a look.

"You were given a second chance at life that night- even though you did end up dumping me after that whole mess..."

She teased, just as he kissed his teeth loudly, giving her a side eye.

"But seriously Von, all jokes aside, there is no more karma coming for you; and you shouldn't keep holding onto the past. Yes, bad things may happen to us, but please don't go blaming yourself for it. You hear me?"

She lifted her eyebrows, watching as a small grin formed onto his lips.

"You always know just what ta say, huh?"

He cooed, leaning his head back against the pillows. His eyes never left Normani though, just gazing at her as she smiled down at him.

"Just promise me you are going to stop blaming yourself for every bad thing."

She pleaded. He used his other hand, gripping her face firmly before pulling her down for a kiss.

"I promise..."

He mumbled, pressing their lips together.

"Mmhmm Von. Pinky promise me."

Normani pulled away from him, sticking her pinky finger up while wiggling it in his face.

"You always got me doin' sum fruity ass shit."

He frowned. She only giggled as he lifted up his own pinky, intertwining it with hers.

"Now we gotta kiss the back of our hands while doing this to really seal the deal-"

"Man hell naw."

He waved her off, just as she laughed. The sound of her laughter only made him smile. He was so glad that they were able to communicate with each other in a healthy manner, instead of arguing.

He still held onto her waist as he leaned forward, grabbing his plate up from the table. Normani was about to get up, only until he tightened his grip around her.

"Von, you are not about to be eating while I'm sitting on your lap like this."

She stated, just as he shrugged.

"You ain't goin' nowhere. I still gotta punish you some way fa not listenin' ta me."

He smirked.

Normani was about to say something, just as the thought of Durk popped right back into her head again. She just knew that this conversation wasn't exactly over, and that she still needed to let Von know about how she saw him today.

Ugh... the Lord is my Shepard.

The voice in her head spoke, just as her smile faded.

"Damn... I jus' love yo cooking, Ma. This shit too good on king David."

Von said proudly, shoving some food into his mouth. Normani chewed the inside of her cheek nervously, not really wanting to ruin the good moment that they were currently having.

"Umm... well there is something that I gotta tell you."

She squeaked out, kicking her feet a little.

"What? You poisoned tha food? You tryna kill me a'sum?"

He continued to joke, just as she took a deep breath in.

"Now why would I do that, Von? Do I even look like the type to be poisoning food?"

He grinned, shrugging his shoulders while continuing to eat.

"Anyway... back to what I was saying. I was at the mall today and- I sort of ran into someone."

"Aw yeah? Who you ran into? An ex? What's his name? I'a beat his ass."

Von snickered. Normani let out an airy laugh, shaking her head no.

"No no... more like your ex best friend."

Dayvon just frowned, placing his now half empty plate down before reaching for his drink.

"What is you tryna say Mani?"

He questioned with confusion. He licked his lips a bit, popping the cap off of his Snapple apple before drinking it.

"I uhh- I sort of ran into Durk..."

Her eyes remained focus on Von, watching for his demeanor which instantly turned cold. He took a few more sips of his drink before setting it down, already losing his appetite.

His eyes were no longer the usual warm shade of brown, but replaced with dark undertones staring deeply into her soul. All of the sweetness in his face had drained down to nothing but an evil mug.

"What tha fuck you mean you saw Durk today?"

His voice was sharp, and filled with darkness. For a few seconds, Normani felt like she caught a glimpse of the craziness in his eyes. This was a look she knew all too well.

"It's a funny story actually. You might laugh- I don't know..."

Normani stammered out, trying to lighten the mood.

"I uhhh... I accidentally left my phone at Nordstrom- so silly of me right?! I ended up having to go back and get it like an idiot. On my way there I bumped into Durk! Isn't that crazy-"

"Man watch out..."

Normani could feel her body being lifted as he removed her off of him. She found herself sitting on the couch now as Dayvon stood up, shaking his head.

"Did he say sum ta you?"

He questioned, looking down at her.

"Well yeah he did-"

"What tha fuck could his dumb ass possibly have ta say?"

He snapped.

"Well... Von he was just trying to apologize for everything-"

"Apologize?!?!"

Normani could feel his heavy demeanor intensifying as he just stood there angrily with his arms crossed.

"You see Mani- this exactly why Ion like it when you go places without me bein' present; because shit like this always seems ta happen- and muhfuckas like Durk love approaching you wheneva' I'm not around."

"Von... it wasn't even that serious-"

"Maybe not ta you Mani, but ta me this shit is beyond serious. This shit personal."

He pointed.

"All he did was apologize, Von. That's it. So there really isn't a reason for you to be this upset right now."

Normani stood up from the couch while frowning. She lowkey felt like Von was maybe being a little bit too dramatic.

"Oh really? Why tha fuck does it sound like you on his side a'sum? I'm confused."

Von just glared at her, waiting for a response.

"It's not about taking sides Von. All I said was that I saw Durk today at the mall, and he was trying to apologize. That's it."

"He knows betta than ta eva' speak ta you, Mani. It's the principle. His apology ain't shit ta me. Ion even trust his ass around you."

Von rolled his eyes, still trying to comprehend the fact that Durk had the nerve to even approach Normani at all. He didn't trust anything about that, and he certainly didn't trust Durk.

"Look Von, I get that you and him aren't on good terms right now... but Durk has never done anything severe for you not to trust him-"

"Uhh- did you forget tha shit he said ta you on OUR wedding night? His ass was supposed ta be my best man, yet instead he skips out on my fuckin wedding and decides ta confess his fuckin feelings fa you."

Normani let out a deep sigh, just as Von continued on.

"Dat nigga said that he should've fought harder fa you. Like who tha fuck says sum typa shit like that to their best friends wife??? Please tell me you ain't forget that shit, Normani."

"No Von. I didn't forget any of it. I completely understand why you're upset."

Normani spoke softly.

"I just- I don't know, Von. When I saw him today.. I felt bad for literally everyone involved in this situation. Especially India. Like I'm literally the reason why India got her heart broken, and you losing your best friend."

Dayvon could feel his face softening up, hearing those words coming from Normani's mouth. Yes he was upset, but the last thing he ever needed to happen was for Normani to ever blame herself.

"Mani, baby this ain't yo fault. Is that how you seriously feel?"

The soft tone in his voice was back, just as his tense demeanor eased over. He just took her hand gently, pulling her close.

"I've literally gotten in between y'all's relationship ever since the day we all met. And the fact that India is still cool with me even after getting her heart broken is just-"

"I promise you Mani, ain't nobody blaming you fa nun of this. India still cool wit you because nun of this was yo fault. And don't eva' think I would blame you fa what happened between me n Durk. That nigga did this shit himself. He's deranged and sick inna head."

Normani instantly frowned at his last comment, just as Dayvon cupped her cheeks with his hands.

"I'm serious though. You n' I just made a pinky promise not ta feel guilty about tha bad shit going on in our lives, remember?"

Taking a deep breath in, Normani slowly nodded her head.

"Yeah.. I remember."

"Good. What happened wit Durk ain't got nun ta do wit you, beautiful. I know that, India knows that, we all know that."

He insisted.

"So stop feelin' bad, especially fa his ass. He shoulda neva' even spoke ta you inna first place. And Ima make sure his ass is handled, on my soul-"

"Dayvonnnnn... please don't go starting anything. Do you remember what I said about you promising me to just leave him alone?"

Normani gave him a stern look, just as he thought for a moment.

"Ion recall that."

Was all he said before letting her go. Normani just playfully sucked her teeth, grabbing onto his arm preventing him from walking off.

"Von don't play with me. I don't want you doing anything at all. We've been so good staying out of trouble... well besides the home invasion. But other than that, I don't want you starting any more beef with anyone."

She pleaded.

"Mannn Ion start beef. Niggas be startin' shit wit me. I end em."

Normani just shook her head, continuing to glare up at him before he finally caved in. He could tell that she seriously didn't want him messing with Durk at all.

"Aiight beautiful. I'm not gon touch his ass. I promise."

He huffed. He could see her lips turning into a grin once again as she threw her arms around his neck. She got onto her tippy toes, giving him small pecks all over his face as he tried not to smile.

"Is there anything else you'd like ta tell me? Or can we fuck now?"

He questioned, just as she pulled away.

"See Von. That right there is what gets you no pussy."

She stuck her tongue out at him, just before wiggling out of his grip.

"Ain't you tha one that said you loved making me mad inna first place, so I ca' give you dick? Or I'm trippin?"

"Von, I did not say that. You have no proof of that."

Normani laughed, just as he pulled her right back into an embrace. She just giggled, wrapping her arms around him while burying her head into his chest. She could hear the sweet sound of his heart beating, just as she closed her eyes enjoying the feeling of his bear hugs.

"I love you princess. I only want tha best fa you and my kids. You know that?"

Von spoke, leaning his chin on the top of her head.

"Mmhmm. I know. I love you too baby daddy."

She teased, earning an eye roll from him.

Deep down though, Dayvon was still enraged about Durk speaking to Mani. Something about that just didn't sit right with him at all. The fact that Durk even felt comfortable enough to approach her and apologize just made Von secretly angry.

And he had a plan of his own to pay Durk a visit soon. Real soon...

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

436K 12.6K 51
" 𝚜𝚎𝚎 πš’πš–πšŠ πš”πš’πš•πš•πšŽπš› πš‹πšžπš 𝙸 𝚐𝚘𝚝 πšπšŽπšŽπš•πš’πš—πšπšœ, 𝙸 πšŒπšŠπšπšŒπš‘ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš πš’πš πšŽπš– 𝙸 πš“πšžπšœπš πš–πš’πšπš‘πš πš”πš’πš•πš• πšŽπš–." PSA: READ AT...
196K 9.3K 17
"𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓 π“π‡πˆπ’ π“πŽ 𝐁𝐄 𝐀 π‹πŽππ† π‚πŽπ‹πƒ π–πˆππ“π„π‘. π˜πŽπ” π…π”π‚πŠπˆπ' π–πˆπ“π‡ 𝐀 π’π“πŽππ„ π‚πŽπ‹πƒ π’πˆπππ„π‘."
571K 28.2K 48
"Baby I'm from the trenches where there ain't no love for a thug.."