Chapter 4

*The next morning*

*The next morning*

The sound of babies crying could be heard, just as Normani scrunched her face up slightly. She was currently in bed, tangled up in her comforter. She could feel a pounding headache coming on, which was a result of all the drinking she did last night at Ari's place.

"Ohhhh no..."

She grumbled, opening her eyes before frowning. She didn't really have time to think much as both True and Dayvon Jr were practically hollering for her in the other room. Mani wasted no time removing the covers off of her body, taking a quick glance at Von's side of the bed.

Surprisingly, he wasn't there.

She tugged at her pajama shorts, slipping her feet into her house slippers before heading out the room.

"Mommy is coming don't worry."

She spoke, making the short distance across the hall to the kids room. She pushed open the door with her hand, revealing both True and Dayvon standing up in their cribs with tears sliding down their faces.

The crying instantly stopped though once they spotted Normani. In fact, they both began to even smile with excitement. Usually whenever they wanted to get up in the mornings, it was their routine to just cry until somebody came and got them.

Normani just playfully sucked her teeth, giving them both a look as she entered further into the room.

"Y'all two love giving me crocodile tears."

She teased, making her way over to Dayvon's crib first. He just smiled at his mom, raising his arms up for her to carry him.

"Mommy!!! Up! Up!"

True also shouted, just as Normani put Dayvon Jr down on his feet.

"Don't worry baby, I did not forget about you."

Normani chuckled. She walked over to True's crib, picking her up as well before setting her down onto the floor. She watched as they both seemed happy now, attempting to keep a steady balance trying to walk.