He's not the enemy

By ParanoiaStorm

The Doctor is stuck with an awkward situation. Well more like an uncomfortable situation. Donna is in the TAR... More

A past being brought to light
The note
The adventure continues
Family?
Mission time

What is this place

42 1 0
By ParanoiaStorm

Donna

"What are you doing?"

The Doctor ignores me and jumps us forward in time. I sigh and cross my arms as I stare at him. He doesn't tend to shut down like this, but now he has and there doesn't appear to be a way to get him out of this state of mind.

"Doctor."

"What?"

"Where are we going?"

"There's a signal of Cybermen in the year 3025."

"What about the Master?"

"I don't know Donna."

I roll my eyes and try to understand why he won't try and find the Master and help him. From what I've gathered, the two of them need each other to coexist.

We stop in New York in the year 3025. We walk out and see men and women alike running away from the Cybermen, but some guy just casually walks past all of this and manages to weave in and out of the Cybermen and manages to be okay.

He walks up to us and glances behind himself before mumbling and grabbing our hands and pulling us into the TARDIS.

"Who are you?"

"Unimportant. You need to get out of here." The guy says.

"I'm the Doctor. I'm here to help~" The Doctor says and the guy waves his hand in the air and signals for the Doctor to shut up.

"I know who you are. I mean, that you don't need to be here. To keep this from happening, you need to go and find the Master." The guy says.

"How do you know about him?"

"I know more than you think. But that's not important. Go and find him, I'll help you out by giving you what year you need to go to, but I can't help you much more past that. I would rather not screw with laws of time any more than they've already been screwed with."

"What year?" The Doctor asks.

"2530. The years are spaced this way because there is only a small window in this year that you can save him. Any other time and it would be your undoing. Keep in mind, that the TARDIS is going to have some issues getting there with the small time window you have to get him." The guy says.

"Why can't you come with us?"

"I can't risk running into myself."

"You wouldn't be around at that time."

"I beg to differ. You need to go, good luck."

The guy runs out of the TARDIS and I look over at the Doctor. He sighs and we prepare to head to the year 2530.

"Doctor, do you know how he could be alive for that long? He looks young."

"I have an idea, and it works in theory, but I desperately hope that I'm wrong." The Doctor says.

"What would that be?"

"Take the blood of a Time Lord and extract some of their DNA and take some blood from a human and mix the Time Lord's DNA with the human's DNA. Creating a Time Lord just with that."

I feel my stomach lurch a bit at the thought of doing that. The repercussions that could have for one or both party's is terrible.

We travel to the year 2530 and he sighs. We walk out and everything looks just how 3025 looked, with the exception that there are no Cybermen. We walk around town and find guards standing in front of a building that looks like a hospital, but give me the feeling of a prison.

The doctor holds up his badge and we work our way through the hospital. I sigh and he looks around for a moment before walking towards the stares and heading down. I follow him and we end up in the basement. there are two guards standing outside the door, and I can see two more inside the room.

We get passed and we walk through. A door at the very end is un guarded and we open it walk in. I put a hand over my mouth and look over and see a younger version of the guy we met and the Master.

We walk over to the two of them and the guy is barely conscious. He has cuts and bruises all along his body and seems to awaken more as we get closer. He glares at us and seems protective over the Master for some unknown reason.

"We're not here to hurt either of you. We're here to get him out of here."

I look at the Doctor as he says this and he gently moves some hair out of the Master's face. I look at the guy and he looks at me before sitting back and resting with his head against the wall.

"What's your name?" The guy asks.

"Donna. He's the Doctor."

The guy nods and closes his eyes for a moment and then opens his eyes again.

"Keep the Master safe. He's been through a lot."

"What about you?"

"If you're here, my guess is that you came after meeting a future version of myself."

"How could you know that?" The Doctor asks.

"The guards and doctors all talk about the plans for the year 3025. They expect me to be alive and well around that time. I made a promise to the Master that if this is true and they do create the Cybermen and the two of you show up, I would have you come back here and save him. He can complain about not deserving it, but I can't in good faith leave him to have this fate." The guy says.

"Thank you." The Doctor says and the guy nods.

"Just promise me, that future me will get to see him one more time. I want to know that he's okay." The guy says and the Doctor nods.

"Doctor, we should go."

The Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver to undo the chains around the Master and goes to do the same to the guy but the guy puts up his hand and shakes his head.

"I'll be fine. Go, get out of here."

The Doctor picks up the master and carries him over to a window and I push it open. I climb out and the Doctor hands me the Master and climbs out himself. He shuts the window and takes the Master from me and we hurry off to the TARDIS and get in. The Doctor lays the Master down on the couch and I wasn't even aware was here.

"When did you get a couch?"

"She adapts to whatever I need. Right now I need to place to lay him down at, that's close by so that we can keep an eye on him." The Doctor says and walks back over to the console and changes the year to 3025.

We head back to that year and soon the Master wakes up and sits up. He stares at us. We get to the year 3025 after a while and the Master walks over to us and stumbles for a moment before catching himself by grabbing onto the Doctor.

We stop and walk out of the TARDIS. Everything looks fine and I spot the same guy we met the first time here and he comes walking over and he chuckles and hugs the Master.

The Master hugs him back and soon the guy gets ready to leave. But he stops and turns around and hands the Master something and walks away from us.

"Wait!"

The guy stops and turns around and looks at us.

"Come with us." The Doctor offers.

"I can't. There are some thing that I have to do before I ever consider leaving. But thank you for the offer Doctor. Oh and Donna, my name is Mark." Mark says and winks before leaving.

We watch as he walks away and the Master sighs.

"He won't survive much longer." The Master says.

"What do you mean?"

"Time Lords are born with two hearts for a reason. Part of the reason is because if one heart fails we still have another to keep us going, but also because of our ability to cheat death. One of our hearts can fail and then be started back up after we regenerate. Should he ever need to regenerate, he will likely die."

"What did he hand you?" The Doctor asks.

The Master opens his hand a looks at an envelope that Mark left with him.

"What did he leave you?"

The Doctor looks over the Master's shoulder and grabs the envelope. The Master pulls it back and tucks it inside his hoodie pocket.

"I'll read it later." The Master says.

"Come on. It's time to go." The Doctor says and we all get back in the TARDIS.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 3.4K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season
1.8M 60.5K 73
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
602K 9.4K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
187K 18.8K 24
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...