Harry Potter: Heart Of A Myst...

By WinterWolf-99

Sirius Black is the father of all godfathers and he will do anything to prove it. He knows that his godson ne... More

Chapter One: The Nature Mage
Chapter Two: Some Sirius Thoughts
Chapter Three: Crashing An Order Meeting
Chapter Four: Picking Up Harry
Chapter Five: Harry Arrives
Chapter Six: Forming A Plan
Chapter Seven: Godfather-Godson Bonding
Chapter Eight: Heart Of... No... Flower Of Gold
Chapter Nine: Setting The Plan In Motion
Chapter Ten: I Hate Politics
Chapter Eleven: Olivia Showing Who Is Boss
Chapter Twelve: First Sign Of Powers
Chapter Thirteen: Change Of Weather
Chapter Fourteen: Birthday Blow Up
Chapter Fifteen: A True Friend
Chapter Sixteen: Preparing To Leave
Chapter Seventeen: We're Going On A Trip
Chapter Eighteen: A Lesson On Mystic Souls
Chapter Nineteen: Arriving At Crystal Rose
Chapter Twenty: Touring Crystal Rose
Chapter Twenty-One: Mystic Souls Aplenty
Chapter Twenty-Two: New School New Houses
Chapter Twenty-Three: Every Rose Has Its Thorns
Chapter Twenty-Four: Do Not Mess With A Rose
Chapter Twenty-Five: Legacies
Chapter Twenty-Six: Some Sirius Progress
Chapter Twenty-Seven: A Storm Is Coming
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Once Is A Coincidence, Twice Is Magic
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Unblocking The Block
Chapter Thirty: Breaking The Block
Chapter Thirty-One: The Start of Something New
Chapter Thirty-Two: What Else Can I Do
Chapter Thirty-Three: Control The Storm
Chapter Thirty-Four: First Real Day As Crystal Rose Students
Chapter Thirty-Five: Light And Dark Debate
Chapter Thirty-Six: How A Mystic Fights
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Olivia Is The Best Lawyer Ever
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Padfoot & Boreas
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Dealing With The Bumblebee
Chapter Forty: Potion Commotion
Chapter Forty-One: Cutting The Strings
Chapter Forty-Two: No Apologies
Chapter Forty-Three: Creature Feature
Chapter Forty-Four: Order of the Fried Chickens
Chapter Forty-Five: A New Teacher And Friend
Chapter Forty-Six: Mystic Spark
Chapter Forty-Seven: Might Of A Hurricane
Chapter Forty-Eight: Power of the Mind
Chapter Forty-Nine: All Hallows' Eve Introduction
Chapter Fifty: A Sacred Sabbat
Chapter Fifty-One: Reunion
Chapter Fifty-Two: The Attack
Chapter Fifty-Three: Never Mess With Crystal Rose
Chapter Fifty-Five: Heart of the Storm
Chapter Fifty-Six: A Sirius Confrontation

Chapter Fifty-Four: Olivia Rocks The Court

2.1K 108 41
By WinterWolf-99

To say that Umbridge was doomed would be the understatement of the century. There was not a mystic soul in Greece that was not after her head. Even after she had been arrested, she had to be placed in a private cell away from other prisoners awaiting their trials. And that was because she did the one thing that no one could forgive. She attacked children.

Despite how powerful mystic souls are, attacking children is the most horrible thing anyone could ever do. So, when the other prisoners learned why she had been arrested, they tried to attack her. That led to her being given a private cell. She needed to properly be given a trial before they threw her to the wolves by sending her to prison. After all, they no longer had to care what happened to her once they did.

It wasn't like the Magic Council was cruel. They did make sure their prisons were not torture chambers for criminals. They ensured all prisoners got three meals daily, hot showers, and medical care when needed. But, they did not care about how the prisoners treated each other. Because they knew things like that were all done by the prisoners themselves. They had no control over that. So, if the inmates attack each other or go after a single person, that is on them and not the Magic Council.

Plus, given that it was Umbridge, the Magic Council had even less sympathy for her. No one attacks the children of their country and gets away with it.

"You guys certainly dressed up for this," Harry says as their group walks toward the courtroom.

"While it is not mandatory, we should dress nicely during trials," Krinos tells him.

"As the future heads of our families, we must make the best impressions we can," Melody added.

"Even though none of us would be as stiff as some of our parents can be," T'challa chuckled.

Not all of Crystal Rose had come to the trial. But, the ones with the most political power did come. They were all from the most powerful families in magical Greece. Especially those like Krinos, Melody, Hestia, Daisy, Madison, and White since they were all descendants of the Olympian Mages. Other students that Harry knew who came were T'challa, Hawk, Angela, Charlotte, Mason, Abby, Kryo, Weilan, Celest, and Atem. There were a lot of other students, but Harry had not personally met them, yet.

Only a few Hogwarts students came. And that was because Dumbledore ordered all of them to stay behind. But, Fred, George, and Neville did not listen to him and came anyway. Other students that came were Luna, Cedric, Daphne Greengrass, and Blaise Zabini. There were also a few others from Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin, but Harry did not know their names.

All of them were dressed as nicely as they could. Wearing, cloaks, suits, dresses, and jewelry to present them as being from the important families of Greece. Not to mention students from all over the world who were attending on behalf of their own countries. When Umbridge had the dementors attack Crystal Rose, she made a bigger mistake than she would ever realize.

Not only was Harry impressed by the students, but the Magic Council was also proving to be so much better than the British Ministry of Magic. When he had gone there for his "trial," he was honestly underwhelmed by the ministry "building." With how many wards, spells, runes, and enchantments they had access to, he did not understand why the entire ministry was underground. Plus, the entire place was made up of just office buildings with no sense of imagination. Harry also disliked the main fountain. It made it look like goblins and centaurs worshipped wizards, which neither of them would ever do. It was more like a symbol of how delusional the ministry was about how other magical beings see them.

The Magic Council building, however, was one of the most incredible buildings that Harry had ever seen. The entire building was located on the side of a cliff. Literally. The entire place was built against the cliffside of a mountain. Mount Olympus to be specific. Not the mythological version, for obvious reasons, but the actual Mount Olympus. It was the perfect place for the leaders of the Greek magical community. Plus, the view from the many windows along the walls was breathtaking. Plus, even with the dozens of wards, enchantments, and spells used to hide the build, the whole place was actually built with stone-colored slabs similar to what was used to build medieval castles. It helped to camouflage the place in case any of the spells that hid the building failed.

Everyone had arrived using another portal. But, unlike the nature-made portal that took them to Crystal Rose, this was one a magical doorway that Headmistress Jiwe had access to in case she ever needed to get to the Magic Council for an emergency. Most of the teachers came with them with some staying behind to watch the remaining students at the school.

They all soon entered the courtroom, where the Magic Council was already set up. 

The courtroom was a giant room set up for trials like this. There was a long table, for the council to sit at, on one side of the room. Against the right wall was the area where those like the court scribe sat but separated from the high-ranked officials and lawyer interns who sat there to gain courtroom and law knowledge. Where the trio sat was the area for witnesses and their family members. Between the council table and the benches for court trial observing people was the stand for where the accused would be for the trial.

Olivia was only one of twelve members of the Magic Council. The other members were not nearly as young as her. She was twenty-four while the rest were no younger than thirty-five. The trio was quick to explain the rest of the council to their headmaster to keep him up to date on anything he might see if emotions ran high and powers reacted.

The council was evenly split between males and females.

Next to Olivia was Lux Heavens, a thirty-five-year-old woman. She was a guardian angel mystic soul, meaning that she had angel-like abilities with a slight hint of light manipulation. Next was Darling Marvel, a thirty-eight-year-old healing mage. She was in charge of the most well-known magical hospitals in magical Greece. Third was Selena Breeze, a fifty-year-old mermaid mystic soul and mother of Weilan. Having the powers of a mermaid enabled her to act as an ambassador of sorts to the merpeople community. The fourth female is Kynthia Vale, a forty-three-year-old woman with weapon-creation magic. Her family owns a weapons shop where most requip mages go to buy new weapons or armor. The final female is sixty-year-old Talia Summers. She was the first-ever woman to be born with a mostly male-dominated power of King Arthur magic, which is a knight-centered power.

The men started with thirty-six-year-old Kamui Machine, a technopath. He had the power to control technology and used it to create technology-magic hybrid devices. Next to him was Draconis Smoke, a businessman of seventy years of age. He owned a very successful glasswork shop, using his power to bend glass, until he decided to retire and become a member of the council. Third was Austin Thanatos, a thirty-five-year-old ghost mage. He runs a business to help lost souls move on to the afterlife with his abilities over ghosts. The fourth man was Redus Guardian, a forty-one-year-old mystic soul that could create any type of force field or shield. He is the head of the Greek version of the Aurors, known as Guards. Then you have Aragon Archer, a mystic soul with hunter magic at thirty-seven years of age. He is a teacher at the Delphi school. Last is the head of the council, Lion Mythica. A forty-eight-year-old with the ability to channel the powers of mythical creatures and is also the former headmaster of Delphi before he started to focus on politics.

"Wow," Harry gasped as they all took their seats.

"That's usually everyone's first reaction to this place," Krinos chuckled. "The Magic Council is very impressive."

"The Ministry of Magic has nothing on this place," Fred says.

"Who knew a giant building on the side of a mountain could be this cool," George said.

"It simply makes sense for the leaders of our community to use Mount Olympus as their base of operations," Hawk says.

"Plus, it helps them stay even more hidden and away from mundanes," Melody added. "The only way to get here is through magic."

"Safety from mundanes is one of the top priorities of the Magic Council," Hestia tells the Hogwarts group. "No one wants a repeat of Salem."

"Hey, Melody," Neville tapped on her shoulder.

"Yes, Neville," Melody looked at the Herbology expert.

"You told us about the council, but who are those other people," Neville pointed across the courtroom.

They all looked at where he was pointing. On the other side of the courtroom was another large group of people. All of them had the same "I am an important person" aura that the Magic Council did. All of them were nicely dressed, but they also looked like they were not from Greece. Between their skin color, choice of clothes, and hairstyles, they looked to have come from many other parts of the world.

"I have no idea," Melody admitted. "My best guess is that they are representatives from other countries."

"Why would they be here," Harry wondered.

"Crystal Rose has students from all over the world," White says. "They would need to be here to make sure Umbridge faces charges from all their countries even when she will be serving her prison sentence here." 

Lion soon banged his gavel a few times, letting everyone know the trial was about to begin.

"Time for the show," Krinos smirked.

Everyone quieted down, sitting quietly while waiting for the council.

"Bring in the prisoner," Lion ordered.

Two Guards came in through a side door. They were dragging Umbridge in, who certainly looked like she had seen better days. Her clothes were dirty, her hair was messy, and she looked as if she had aged ten years while waiting in her private cell for her trial. But, even then, she was still not going quietly. Nearly everyone rolled their eyes at how she was ranting about how "they couldn't do this to her" and that she was "the senior undersecretary for the Minister of Magic" and a bunch of other egotistical rants that were not paying attention to. After she was forced into her seat, a silencing spell was cast on her just to keep her quiet since she did not seem to have the ability to shut up on her own.

"Now that she is here, let her legal council in as well," Redus ordered.

They had only been waiting to let them in for very obvious reasons. Because once the doors were open and the Guards let them in, more yelling started. Harry was both shocked and not shocked at all that Fudge was here. He was shocked because he didn't think Fudge would want to be around mystic souls, but not shocked at Fudge defending Umbridge.

"You will release my secretary at once," Fudge ordered. "You, monsters, have no right to do this to her!"

"We do not take orders from walking bowling balls," Selena said.

Everyone had to stop themselves from laughing at what she said. If there was one thing most mystic souls had in common, it was that they were all sassy and sarcastic. Not as much as Krinos, Melody, and Olivia, but still really sassy and sarcastic.

Lion banged his gavel a few more times.

"You will sit down for the trial," he ordered. "We do not have the time to deal with your delusional hatred of mystic souls."

"I am the Minister of Magic," Fudge continued to yell. "You do not speak to me like that!"

"We are the Magic Council and you are in our country," Talia stated. "You have no power here and the only reason you are here is to defend this criminal."

"So, in other words, sit down and shut up until you have permission to speak," Olivia glared at him.

Seeing that he was way outnumbered, Fudge sat down and stopped yelling. He still glared at the council but barely paid attention to him. Something that was even more insulting since people like Fudge thrive on attention.

"Dolores Umbridge," Lion started reading the charges. "You have been accused of 2840 counts of child endangerment, 2001 counts of attempted murder, breaking the International Statute of Secrecy in 14 countries, threatening the lives of children from over two dozen countries, and terrorism."

"Terrorism," Fudge was on his feet again.

"Once those dementors crossed international borders, it was considered terrorism," Austin stated. "Especially since they were summoned to attack the citizens of multiple countries."

"You are just lucky that this did not set off a magical world war," Darling glared at Fudge. "Those dementors were such horrible creatures that many countries would take it as a declaration of war to have them in their country."

"This is ridiculous," Fudge yelled. "All these charges are nonsense!"

"And exactly what makes them nonsense," Olivia raised an eyebrow. "You come in here, shouting for us to release the toad woman, claiming these charges are bogus, so many other things. But, I ask you this. Do you have any proof?"

"Excuse me," Fudge glared at her.

He still remembered her from when Harry was put on trial. The only person who "dared" to defy him. Her being a mystic soul now made sense to him.

"This is why I was so easily able to beat you when you tried to illegally expel Harry from Hogwarts," Olivia says. "Because I had what you did not. Proof. I had his memories, his vow, and other witnesses that proved his innocence. But, can you say the same? Do you have any proof of her innocence? Do you have anything other than demands and orders?"

Fudge was actually rendered speechless by Olivia. He was so used to being able to do anything he wanted whenever he wanted that an actual courtroom where proof and evidence were needed was completely foreign to him.

"This is more serious than you care to admit," Lion tells the minister. "You not only broke Greek law, but international laws."

That was when the other group of important people stood up. All of them were glaring at Umbridge and Fudge.

"These fine men and women were sent by the UM," Aragon introduced them. "The United Magicals. They are representatives from France, Amsterdam, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Belgrade, Hungary, Albania, Macedonia, and Bulgaria. All the countries where those Dementors passed through to get to Greece."

"There are also representatives from many other countries whose citizens are currently attending Crystal Rose," Kynthia said. "The United States, Japan, Russia, Egypt, Argentina, and Spain have all stated they would gladly take her if we did not send her to one of our prisons."

"So, even if you managed to get her out of Greece, there are many other countries that would be after her head," Olivia smirked. "Not that anyone would want her literal head with how she looks."

Everyone had to once again stop themselves from laughing at that. Olivia's insults were some of the funniest they had ever heard.

"You are not even allowing her to defend herself or allowing me to defend her," Fudge tried to find some ground for his case to stand on. "How are you so sure she is guilty?"

"Common sense," Olivia answered. "Something you are obviously lacking."

"We also have actual evidence of her guilt, unlike how you do not have any to prove her innocence," Kamui said.

"The dementors had been summoned here by a magical order," Redus explained their evidence. "Meaning that there was a magical signature we could trace from what was left of those disgusting creatures. And we found her signature."

"You do not even have her signature," Fudge shouted.

"We got it the moment she entered Crystal Rose," Lux said. "Everyone that enters Crystal Rose has their magical signature recorded and filed. It makes locating criminals much easier."

"Of course, we also have to officially question her," Olivia smirked. "And because of the nature of her crimes, a truth spell will be used."

"There is no such thing as a truth spell," Fudge yelled.

"Maybe to wand-users like you, but that is another great thing about being a mystic soul," Lion stated. "Council Member Gardna, go right ahead."

"With pleasure, Council Member Mythica," Olivia said.

She looked at Umbridge as she cast the spell.

"For those who want the truth revealed,
open hearts and secrets unsealed.
From now until it's now again,
after which this spell will end
."

Spheres of light appeared around Umbridge for a second before they vanished. It was the sign that the spell had worked. The silencing spell was then taken off her. They started asking questions before she could start ranting and screaming again.

"Did you summon those dementors to Crystal Rose," Talia asked.

"Yes," Umbridge immediately answered.

Fudge instantly turned as pale as a ghost.

"Did you intend for the students of Crystal Rose to have their souls sucked out," Redus asked.

"As many as possible," Umbridge answered. "And if the Potter brat got kissed as well, that would have been a nice bonus."

"And what about the 840 Hogwarts that are currently visiting Crystal Rose," Lux asked.

"If any mudblood were kissed, the world is better off without them," Umbridge sneered as she answered. "If any purebloods were kissed, then they would simply have been collateral damage."

The more Umbridge answered their questions, the more everyone looked ready to kill her. The truth spell was different from the truth potion normally used by wand-users. The truth potion basically turned people into truth-telling robots. They would remain stone-faced while answering any questions they were asked. But, with the truth spell, they could still show their emotions. So, they could see that Umbridge held no remorse over anything she had done. In fact, she looked angry that no one had died.

"Why did you summon them in the first place," Lion asked.

"Because you are abominations that need to be wiped out," Umbridge sneered again. "The dementors should have gotten rid of as many of those monsters you call children as possible. They don't deserve to live and be near proper purebloods like myself."

If they were not close to cursing her before, they sure were now. Even Hestia looked ready to kill the toad woman. Which was a rare event itself given that as a healer, Hestia barely had a mean bone in her body.

"I believe we have heard enough," Olivia stated.

"I agree, Council Member Gardna," Lion said. "All those in favor of guilty?"

"Aye," was said by every member of the council.

"It's decided," Lion said. "Dolores Umbridge, you have been declared guilty as charged. For your crimes, we hereby sentence you to life in Tartaros prison. May Hades have mercy on your soul once you enter his kingdom."

He banged his gavel and the two Guards from before dragged Umbridge away. She was kicking and screaming again, but that was put to an end when one of the Guards "accidentally" knocked her head against the doorframe of the side door they were going through and knocked her out.

"Now," Olivia glared at Fudge. "You have any other delusional rants to go on or should we just skip over that and send you to prison as well."

Fudge ran out of there faster than anyone thought he was capable of. Olivia smirked at how she scared the egotistical man away.

"You enjoy scaring people a little too much," Lion tells her.

"I scare most people," Olivia looked a little too proud of that fact.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 44.6K 98
❝my papa always told me that you can't trust anybody, no matter what.❞ ❝why would he say that?❞ ❝his own love betrayed their best friends and the fam...
205K 5.1K 59
When the Marauders, Lily and their rival, Severus come in contact with a cauldron that sends them to the future, hell brakes loose! Sirius Black is o...
12.6K 345 29
"Y/n, could you please join us in the real world for a few moments?" She grumbles in complaint, "But my book is getting to the good bit." "And the g...
44.8K 1K 15
A wizard has spent 12 years in a wizarding Prison called Azkaban. For a crime that he did not commit. That wizard is Sirius Black. He learns that Sna...