Same War, Two Worlds (Modern...

By AzurePlayer

One world has been at war with the Sirens for more than a decade. Hundreds of ships have sunk, and thousands... More

Bio 1
Chapter 1: Welcome to Azur Lane
Chapter 2: Rescue from an Unknown
Chapter 3: Origins
Chapter 4: Interception
Chapter 5: Rest and New Arrivals
Bio 2
Chapter 6: Undercover and Deceit
Chapter 7: Darkness Rising (Part 1)
Chapter 8: Darkness Rising (Part 2)
Bio 3 (Part 1)
Bio 3 (Part 2)
Future Fanfiction
Chapter 9: New Reality
Chapter 10: War Plan
Chapter 11: The Fall
Chapter 12: Trapped
Chapter 14: Truth and Upgrades
Bio 4
Chapter 15: A New Perspective
Chapter 16: Evil's Return
Chapter 17: Deciding Battle
Final Chapter: Come Back
Lemon Chapter: The Battleship and his Carriers

Chapter 13: Reclaim

278 10 3
By AzurePlayer

(While the Allied fleet detained the Red Axis fleet, away from them two beings watched as the whole thing played out. One of them was Observer itself.)

???: The human race continues to entertain me. They despise war, yet choose to fight.

(Said one of the being cross-armed and wearing a monotone face. Her appearance while looking human is very far from that. She looks at the distance where the Allied fleet was before continuing.)

???: Their internal contradictions are simply incorrigible.

(She finished as Observer watches too.)

Observer: They are a mirror, Tester. Reflecting the thoughts and histories of humans. Conflict is the core of humankind. Yes... (*looks at the Allied fleet*) War never changes, regardless of era and reality, it seemed.

(She/It replied to the being now named Tester.)

Tester: Yes. However, those shipboys are a new and interesting addition. Their strength is comparable to ours. But, the other one far surpasses them all.

Observer: Yes. Thanks to the one they call, Aegis, the Black Mental cube attained more power than we ever predicted. Not only that with him on our side, worlds and realities will fall to our hands.

(She says and thinks with glee about the fact and scope of Aegis' capabilities. Tester then looked at her.)

Tester: Why did you pick that up?

(She said looking at an unconscious Akagi wrapped with her tentacle-like appendages.)

Observer: She still has a role to play. (*looking at the sky*) Thanks to him, we now have enough data. It is more than enough for the project.

Tester: (*smiles darkly*) Yes, finally.

Observer: (*looks at her*) Yes. Orochi awakens.

(As the two dark beings talked they then began to hear a thundering sound.)

Tester: What is that sound? (*looks around*)

(Observer listened carefully to the sound. She then looked above them but was too late. Above them was an F-44 diving at them.)

Observer: Damn.

(The fighter then launched two missiles at them. They then jumped from where they were staying just in time before the missiles destroyed it in a massive explosion.)

Tester: I would seem they had found us.

Observer: Yes, it would seem.

(Just as they said that they saw more planes heading towards them.)

Tester: Intriguing. (*powers her cannons*)

Observer: It would seem they want to play. (*does the same*)

 (They then fired at the fighters.)

(Location: Real world)

(On the stormy and raging sea, explosions erupted. The sources...were Aegis/Destro and Enterprise. The two sides battle with ferocity. Enterprise's planes pepper Aegis/Destro with their guns to provide her with a shot while the latter shoots them down with missiles/railguns and lasers.)

Destro: I have to say, you are resilient I'll give you that much!

(The turned shipboy said as he fired his only remaining railgun. His body attained injuries from the attacks of Enterprise planes and her weapon. It would seem that the one controlling the mighty battleship shipboy underestimated the carrier shipgirl's resolve to get the one she loves back.)

Enterprise: It will not give up until I get him back from you!

(She shouts resolutely before letting go another bolt at him. However, he wasn't the only one who was injured. Her body was covered with bleeding cuts and bruises and her clothing was filled with tears from his weapons but not once did she waver.)

Destro: No matter what you try, he will never come back to you!

(He then tried to launch missiles at the shipgirl but none fired which filled with him shock and anger.)

Destro: WHAT?!

(He then starts to hear an automatic voice.)

A.V.: "Missiles Depleted."

(This served as a distraction enough for Enterprise to fire another shot. The shot hit Destro's remaining operational railgun which angered him.)

Destro: (*roars*) ENOUGH OF THIS! (*materializes his sword*)

(He then charged at Enterprise at lightning speed with the sword prepared to strike. He tried to slice her in two but Enterprise managed to evade it. He then tried again which Enterprise blocked with her bow but barely managed to withstood it due to his strength.)

Destro: Once I kill you, I will wear your head around my neck!

(He then pushed her away with his raw strength which was enough for Enterprise to be pushed several feet away from him. He charged her again evading a shot from her and stopping behind the carrier. He then grabbed her by the neck and tossed her like a ragdoll causing her to let out a scream from the pain as she impacted at the water but he wasn't done. He then approached her and kicked her at her back just as she was about to get up causing her to fall in front.)

Destro: Out of all the KAN-SENs I've killed like you, your death will be the one I will enjoy most!

(He then kicked her over to face him with his foot keeping her from getting up. Holding his blade up, Destro prepares to stab Enterprise. Enterprise -trying to remove his foot- weakened by his attacks could only look in fear as the one she loves, now in the control of a dark being prepares to kill her. With fear winning over she shuts her eyes as tightly as she prepares for the pain and her death...only it never arrived.)

Aegis/Destro: E-Enter...prise. (*said struggling*)

(Hearing her name, confused she slowly opened her eyes to look at him. She then sees his face with a look that is struggling. Hoping for one chance...she took it.)

Enterprise: A-Aegis? (*said weakly*)

(Snarling, his blade dematerialized. The shipboy then clutched his head hard with his fingers digging into his hair and began thrashing and snarling around. Removing his foot to get away allowing Enterprise to get up. She watched as he thrashed around bellowing words.)

Destro: You!.. Still!.. Resist?! (*said while struggling*)

(A moment ago)

(Around him, there was nothing. Nothing but darkness surrounds him. Blindly walking at the dark abyss that is his mind, Aegis, continued. After what seemed like an eternity, he then sees a faint light in the distance. Not thinking about much else, he walked towards it. As he got closer, he began to make the shape of the source of light. He then saw as he got close enough the source of the light...a glowing sakura tree.)

???(1): It's beautiful, isn't it?

(Hearing a voice he looked to his left. There, he saw a man wearing an admiral's uniform belonging to USN. The man then turned to him, and there he saw a face he never thought he would see again.)

Aegis: Admiral?

(He asked only for the man to slowly shake his head.)

???(1): I am not the one you think I am, but you can call me whatever you want me to be.

Aegis: Who or what are you then?

???(1): I am only joining her here.

(The man pointed behind Aegis. Turning around, Aegis sees a girl holding an umbrella. He then hears chuckling. Looking where it was coming from, he saw two little girls with masks away from them. He wanted to talk to them but as soon as he moved the two girls vanished.)

Aegis: Who were they?

(He asked the two with him.)

???(2): Oh, them? They are still lost in their concerns. They're always together, but when they cry, they cry alone. They're both clumsy, that's what. (*looks at Aegis*) Like you.

Aegis: Like me?

???(1): One that is still stuck in the past... Are you not?

(Aegia fell silent as he stared back at the tree.)

Aegis: I can't let it go. I failed in my world, I also failed here. The lives that were lost because I couldn't do more to save them. Every battle that we lost people died, and I remember all of them.

???(1): (*looks at him*)  For every battle you lost in your world, you and your brethren strived to be better... Don't you know, that sometimes losing a battle allows you to find better ways to win the war?

(Aegis looks at him before the man continues.)

 ???(1): Their world needs you now. Your duty to your world is over. You now have a chance to start anew.

(The man then motioned his hand projecting images. Aegis recognized them immediately once he saw them. They were his memories. Memories of the times he had spent with Azur Lane and the others ever since he came to their world. But, the most important of them all...was with Enterprise.)

???(1): They need you more than you know. It is time for you to fight for them. You are the hope they need to defeat the enemy.

???(2): They all do.

(The woman then points at the tree.)

???(2) This tree represents all the memories of warships embedded in us. A distant sea, beyond the boundaries of time and reality itself. Braiding together countless emotions. Do not forget the prayers of humanity that lie within you. All of those who now pray for your help.

???(1): All those who need your strength and your protection. All of them now call to you, to save them.

(Aegis continued to stay silent.)

???(1): So what is it going to be, Aegis? Are you going to continue to wallow in your past and your fears...

???(2): ...Or strive and fight for a new future?

(He continued to stay silent as he pondered those words.)

Aegis: (*sheds a tear*) Goodbye, Admiral. (*said silently*)

(Raising his head with a face now filled with determination he gave his answer to the two.)

Aegis: A will strive and fight! For a future with those whom I hold dear!

(The two smiled at his answer.)

???(1): Then go forth and forge a path that you will all walk together.

???(2): Do me a favor.

Aegis: (*looks at her*)

???(2): Save them.

(They were then engulfed in a growing bright light.)

(Present)

(Back in the real world, Enterprise watched as Aegis/Destro thrash around.)

Aegis: Get...out! Give...me...my...body back!

(The shipboy snarled as he thrashed with his hands clutching his head.)

Destro: I will not...let some...weakling...like you to stop me!

(The two beings in one body battle with their wills for control. Enterprise with renewed hope glided to him and held tightly to his body with her gentle hands on Aegis's own. Making him face her she called out to him.)

Enterprise: Aegis! If you can hear me! Fight it! Fight him!

(With one final scream to the heavens, Aegis and Enterprise became engulfed in blueish light causing the latter to cover her eyes.)

(Location: Void Sea)

(Above the frozen sea of the void thundering explosions are heard. The sound of multiple jet engines from fighters launching their missiles can be heard in the air. Down below, roars of railguns and cannons firing from the ships add themselves to this concerto of fire and destruction. Flames coming from missiles launched streaks in the freezing air of the sky before coming back down to sea. At the water, Tester and Observer -still holding Akagi- fired their guns to shoot them down.)

Tester: This is getting annoying!

(Tester said as she shot at another fighter only to miss when it evaded it but she was not the only one. Observer shot at another missile hitting it causing it to explode midair.)

Observer: They sure are desperate.

(On his shipform, New Hampshire commands the Allied fleet as they attack the two High-class Sirens.)

New Hampshire: Don't let up on your fire! Focus all batteries on those bastards!

(Following his commands the entire fleet continues the hail of fire at the two High-class.)

New Hampshire: Status report, Endeavor?!

Endeavor: "We're closing in on them."

(On the water, Endeavor and Kettei glide toward the High-class Sirens.)

New Hampshire: You heard him! Give them cover fire!

(The fleet once again let out a hail of metal at the High-class Sirens.)

Tester: This is getting me more irritated!

(Tester bellowed out as she fired and destroyed another missile. Unbeknownst to her, irritation will not be the only thing she will deal with.)

Kettei: Then allow me to relieve you of it, monster!

(Turning behind and using her manta-ray-like rigging to block a strike aimed at her neck. She then sees her attacker. It was Kettei with his sword.)

Tester: You?!

(The High-class Siren then pushed him away with force enough to get him away from her. Bringing her guns to bear, she opened fire at Kettei who glided to evade. Observer then turns to kill the shipboy but is attacked by her assailant.)

Endeavor: He's not the only one fighting you, bitch!

(Managing to float away to evade, Observer, faced her opponent. It was Endeavor with his machete and submachine gun aimed at her.)

Observer: You shipboys are interesting, truly. However, you are out of your league!

(Endeavor only smiled at her words.)

Endeavor: Best you don't underestimate me, bitch! Because I'm going to enjoy killing you and sending you back to hell!

(Endeavor then glides at Observer at dashing speed while the latter aims her guns and fires yellowish beams at the shipboy. Meanwhile, Kettei and Tester battle it out with the former putting ferocity and speed with every slash of his blade while the latter uses her guns to shoot or block.)

Tester: You think you can defeat us?!

(The High-class Siren fired at Kettei who evaded the deathly beams and returned fire with his guns.)

Kettei: Calling a battle over while it is just staring will be your downfall, monster!

(Elsewhere, Enterprise is sitting on the snow with her legs serving as a pillow and hands holding the head of an unconscious, Aegis.)

Enterprise: (*whispers tearfully*) Please wake up... Come back to me, please.

(As if hearing her call, Aegis's eyes began to stir. Enterprise looked with joy filling her heart as Aegis slowly opened his eyelids with his azure-colored eyes meeting her purple-colored ones. Looking up and forming a gentle smile with his lips, Aegis said the words.)

Aegis: (*weakly says*) Hello Enterprise.

(Enterprise overjoyed...

Enterprise: AEGIS!

...embraced him in a heartfelt hug. With tears coming from her eyes Enterprise held to him like no tomorrow. Aegis embraced her in return, letting the carrier happily cry on his shoulder.)

Enterprise: You're back! (*crying*)

(Aegis breaks their embrace and cups her face with his hands. Both stare into each other's eyes with Aegis using his thumbs to wipe the remaining tears. Both smiling as they stare at each other.)

Aegis: I'm back. (*smiling*)

(Their faces then began to close in each. Enterprise closes her eyes as their lips come closer to each other with Aegis doing the same. They then share a tender, loving kiss.)

Enterprise: Mm~. (*chupping sound*)

(The two continue their kiss, passionately, intimately only separating to breathe before kissing again. A few minutes passed, and the two stopped kissing and returned to embrace each other. Standing up while still holding to each other they then look at their surroundings.)

Aegis: Where are we? 

(Aegis asked as he looked around in the frozen sea. Enterprise only answered by slowly shaking her head side-to-side.)

Enterprise: I don't know. We were sent here when the light that came from you engulfed us.

(A moment later their communicators began to let out a static noise.)

Aegis: What is this?

(The static then cleared for them to hear New Hampshire's voice.)

New Hampshire: "All units! Keep firing! Unload everything you've got!"

(They then from the distance faint sounds of explosions from where they stand.)

Aegis: They're here.

Enterprise: And they need our help.

(The two then equipped their riggings and their weapons at hand.)

Aegis: You ready?

Enterprise: (*kisses him on the lip quickly*) Ready.

(Smiling at each other, they then jump from the tower of ice and glide on the water at top speed.)

Aegis: 'Wait for us, everyone. We're coming.'

(Back at the battle, New Hampshire and the Allied fleet kept press on their attacks at the High-class Sirens but the battle prolonged too much that they were now taking losses. Left and right some shipforms of the Azur Lane are now engulfed in fire after receiving damage from Observer and Tester.)

Wales: New Hampshire, we can't take much more of this!

(Wales called out to the shipboy with her communicator before evading a beam from Tester. On his shipform, New Hampshire is trying his best to coordinate with the fleet amidst the onslaught.)

New Hampshire: I know that! But we need to keep the pressure long enough for Kettei and Endeavor to find an opening!

(He replied to her as his railguns continued providing fire for the two shipboys. As the battle rages on the captive shipgirls under the guard of Lance, Laffey, Javelin, and Defender watched the battle. The two shipboys had used up all of their missiles on the attack and were mentally controlling their shipform's railguns on New Hampshire's bow.)

Lance: (*growls*) Those bitches never know when to give up, do they?!

(He cursed as shot at Tester once again to support Kettei while his brother did the same for Endeavor.)

Defender: Stop talking and keep shooting!

(The two banter as they fire at the High-class Sirens. Meanwhile, the Red Axis shipgirls watched on New Hampshire's bow as the chaos ensued.)

Shoukaku: This is madness!

(The carrier shouted as the deafening booms of railgun and cannon fire filled the air. Unable to take it anymore Zuikaku turned to Defender and called him.)

Zuikaku: Hey! Hey!

Defender: Huh?! (*looks at Zuikaku*) What the hell do you want?!

Zuikaku: Cut us loose! We can help!

(The carrier shipgirl insisted at the shipboy as used her head to point at their tied wrists.)

Lance: Absolutely, fucking not! We cut you bitches loose, you'll shoot us in the back!

(Atago then shot an offended look at Lance who was too busy controlling his shipform to even look at them as she said.)

Atago: Aside from your insult, my little shipboy, we are not idiots! What do you take us for?!

(Lance then looked at her to reply.)

Lance: First, I am not yours! And second, If you seriously think we are going to cut you loose after everything you,... (*points at Kaga*) that white-hair vixen and her bitch of a sister did, then you are idiots!

(The Red Axis shipgirls grit their teeth at the reply aside from Kaga who somewhat felt that it was their fault for being sent to the frozen battlefield they were on. However, Javelin feels that they are not going to win if they don't end their battle with the High-class Sirens soon. Taking matters into her own hands ran towards Lance, grabbed his knife, and cut Ayanami loose much to the surprise of Lance.)

Lance: Javelin! What the fuck do you think you're doing?!

Javelin: Listen, I know you don't trust them but we need their help! I know you know this too!

Lance: (*growls*) Grr! Fucking!

(Lance then walks angrily towards her and takes his knife back.)

Lance: Give me that! (*looks at Defender*) Defender! Cut them loose!

Defender: You got to be shitting me!

(The two destroyer shipboys then cut loose the captive shipgirl as quickly as they could. A minute later all of the Red Axis shipgirls quickly got up and rubbed their wrists now free from being tied. Lance then points the railguns of his rigging along with his rifle at them causing them to freeze.)

Lance: Just because we cut you loose doesn't mean you are scot-free. Once this is all over we will take you back to Azur Lane base. No question.

(Lance then jumped into the water and glided fast towards Endeavor and Kettei. As Defender prepares to follow his brother he speaks first to the shipgirls.)

Defender: And if you think about escaping or crossing us, (*looks at them*) just so you know, we have something that'll blow you and your nation to hell just as we did to the parallel version.

(He then jumped into the water. The Sakura shipgirls gulped at Defender's words before joining the fray.)

All Sakura shipgirls: Noted.

(The battleship, cruiser, and destroyer shipgirls glided following the two shipboys while the carriers remained on New Hampshire's bow to offer support.)

Tester: This is becoming very tedious. Why won't you just die?!

(Tester fired at Kettei who evaded her albeit barely.)

Kettei: As long as I am standing, my fight will never be over!

(His railguns roar as he fires the High-class Siren. Meanwhile, Endeavor was experiencing the same thing as Kettei with Observer. He had been trying to remove Akagi from her grasp and kill the High-class but every time he moves to remove Akagi, she moves at the last second while using Akagi as a meat shield when he attacks causing him to divert the aim of his guns which was pissing him off.)

Endeavor: Why can't you die already?!

(He yelled at the High-class Siren who kept moving and firing at him.)

Observer: Sorry to disappoint you. But I have no interest in death. But, I'm more interested in yours.

(She fired her guns at him. Endeavor seeing the beams used the ice towers as cover. Aiming at her back he fired. The shots hit their target causing Observer to yelp in pain and as an added benefit the tentacles lost their grip on Akagi causing Endeavor to glide and catch the unconscious shipgirl before she hit the water. However, he now has a problem. He can't fight if he's too busy protecting Akagi. Thankfully...he won't have to.)

Observer: I have you now!

(She aimed at the gliding shipboy however she was hit by multiple shells.)

Observer: What?!

(Turning her head to where the shot came from, she and Endeavor -carrying Akagi princess-style- saw the Sakura shipgirls Takao, Ise, Hyuuga, and Fusou coming at them.)

Observer: So you decided to play along too. Very well, let's play!

(She said before firing at the shipgirls who evaded her fire. Fusou stopped along with Takao near Endeavor.)

Endeavor: Why the fuck are you loose?!

Takao: Your friends decide to let us help you.

(Lance then stopped near them.)

Lance: More like we allowed you to. Just remember what I said back at the ship. (*looks at Endeavor*) You okay?

Endeavor: More or less. That bitch packs a punch. Speaking of which, (*looks at Fusou*) here catch.

(He threw the unconscious Akagi in his arms at Fusou who managed to catch her but...)

Fusou: (*grunting*) H-Heavyyy!

(The shipgirl whined before Endeavor turned his head to Observer who was being attacked by the other two shipgirls.)

Endeavor: Let's end this.

Lance/Takao: Yeah!

(The three rushed towards Observer who saw them and decided that fighting may not be in her interest anymore.)

Observer: Tester, we need to go now. I'm tired of playing with these humans.

(Tester who firing at Kettei along with the rest of the Sakura Empire shipgirls heard Observer and said.)

Tester: Agreed.

(The Sirens then try to flee but before they could they were shot from behind. The impact was strong enough to blast them away and impact a tower of ice on their backs.)

Endeavor: What

Takao: the

Lance: fuck was that?

(Whipping their heads to where the shots came from, they were shocked to see who fired them. Standing there was Aegis and Enterprise.)

Music starts at 1:40

Everyone: Aegis!?/Grey Ghost!?

(They were shocked to see the two.)

Lance: I'll be damned. You're back!

(The two then glided towards them.)

Aegis: Sorry we were late. We ran into a complication.

Endeavor: No problem... On the contrary, you two arrived just in time.

(They then turned their attention to the slowly rising Tester and Observer.)

Tester: I must say, that one really hurt.

Observer: I agree.

(True to their words, the spot where the shot impacted had blood coming out of them.)

Aegis: Say, everyone. Why don't end this once and for all? (*materializes his katana*)

Everyone (minus Fusou): Yeah!

(The group then attacked the High-class Sirens together. From close-range fighting to using their guns, the group began to beat the hell out of the Sirens who only evaded or blocked the attacks as best as they could.)

Tester: This is humiliating!

(She said in anger as her remaining cannons fired at the group.)

Observer: We need to go! The plan comes first!

(Observer said in the same tone.)

Enterprise: You are not getting away!

(She declared as she let go of another shot with her bow. Lance then jumped behind Observer who began to shake him loose like a bull in a rodeo. Aegis then grabbed her left arm when he glided to her and Defender grabbed the other holding her in place long enough for Endeavor to cut her right arm off with one swift upward slash with his machete just above the elbow causing her to let out an agonizing scream.)

Observer: AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Tester: (*looks at Observer*) What?!

(The scream distracted Tester long enough for Kettei to stab her from behind and through her chest right at the heart with his sword. She let out a short scream as she felt the blade impaled in the chest. Kettei then removed his blade and walked in front of Tester who was now on her knees with blood coming from her mouth in front of him. Looking at him in the face, Tester sees him with shock in her eyes preparing to cut her head off.)

Tester: Im-Impossible. (*weakly muttered*)

Kettei: (*aim at her neck*) That's what you thought.

(With one swift stroke of his blade, Tester was sliced vertically from her head to down below splitting her in half. Meanwhile, Observer now backed into a corner glared at the Aegis with fury.)

Observer: This is not over!

(Aegis tried to capture her when a portal opened behind her but it was late and she escaped.)

Aegis: (*mutters*) Shit.

Lance: Fuck... She escaped.

Endeavor: No matter... We'll see her again.

Defender: (*snuffs and smiles*) At least we left her a souvenir.

(Enterprise then glides towards Aegis and puts a hand on his shoulder causing him to look at her.)

Enterprise: We'll face her again, one day.

Aegis: (*nods*) Yeah.

(The two looked into each other's eyes with a smile on their face. Seemingly lost in their own world Aegis stood up and kissed Enterprise which the shipgirl reciprocated by wrapping her arms around his neck to deepen the kiss. The two caused the present shipgirls to blush with their faces turning fully red at the scene while the shipboys only whistled. Lance, then cleared his throat to break the two off.)

Lance: As much as we want to find out what the hell happened to you two to become like this. We are still stuck here.

(The shipboy was right. They were still in a frozen wasteland. Aegis thinks for a moment before speaking up.)

Aegis: I may have an idea of how we are going to get out... For now, let's all head back to New Hampshire.

(Wasting no time, the group all glided towards New Hampshire. Arriving at the deck, New Hampshire along with Wales and Belfast look in shock at the sight of Aegis.)

New Hampshire: Holy shit! You're back, sir!

Wales: Thank goodness, you are finally here.

Belfast: Sir Aegis and Lady Enterprise, I'm relieved that you are doing well.

Aegis: We apologize for everything. We...had a bit of trouble before getting here.

Wales: (*shakes her head*) It is alright. We are just glad that you are okay.

New Hampshire: So, Aegis any idea how are we going to get out?

Aegis: (*nods*) I do. Call everyone and tell them to transform into their riggings. Then have them all gather here at New Hampshire's ship.

Wales: What for?

Aegis: I'm about to try something. It might get us back.

(It took a few minutes to gather everyone at the ship because New Hampshire's airwing had to land first. Now, all gathered at his ship New Hampshire looked at Aegis.)

New Hampshire: Everybody is on my ship now, Aegis. So, how are we going to get out of this place?

Aegis: (*looks at him*) Leave that to me.

(Aegis then walked towards the bow of New Hampshire's shipform with Enterprise.)

Enterprise: What are you going to do?

(Aegis deeply breathes in and out before speaking.)

Aegis: If it works it'll probably exhaust me very quickly.

Enterprise: And if it doesn't?

Aegis: We find another way to get out.

(Aegis then held out his hands in front of him. Pouring every strength he had he concentrated and after a few tense moments a portal opened in front of them showing Azur Lane's naval base.)

New Hampshire: Holy shit!

(He exclaims in shock while the rest just widen their eyes with their jaws hanging.)

Aegis: "Hampshire, go through! Hurry! (*grunting*) I don't...know...how...much longer...I can...hold it!"

(Hearing him, New Hampshire wasted no time and put his engines to full power. The ship lurched forward before continuing to sail toward the portal. After a few seconds, the ship went through just in time before the portal closed. They let out a sigh of relief now finally out of the frozen hellhole they were trapped in.)

Aegis: (*tiredly smiles*) It worked.

(Just as he said that Aegis began to fall on his back but Enterprise managed to catch him just in time. Lying him down, Enterprise used her lap to support his head. Worried, Enterprise looked at him and asked.)

Enterprise: Are you ok?

Aegis: (*nods*) Yeah, I just...need to rest.

Enterprise: (*smiles*) Then rest...I'll be here with you.

(She then leaned down and kissed him briefly.)

Aegis: (*smiles*) Thank you.

(Enterprise looked at him just as he fell asleep before looking forward to seeing the base draw ever near. Turning her head to Aegis once again she smiled.)

Enterprise: 'I'll always be with you. No matter what happens.'

(She declared the words silently with a heart fully belonging to the one resting on her lap. Her love will always belong to him...and him alone. From now to the future.)

And that's that! Another chapter is done! As always leave a comment about what you think. Toodles!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.7K 993 28
I am USS Long Beach, after being dismantled I was transported to another world and threatened with death by a goddess, so now I will cooperate with t...
110K 1.7K 27
The world is at war,the race known as the sirens have come from the unknown and have destroyed cities and killed many people,to counter such a threat...
782 41 7
Book 1 of 3 The official report was that he was shot down over Zhytomyr, but that isn't the case. The main part of our story takes place in the far a...
2.8K 67 8
A new commander arrives at the Azur Lane base and he must quickly learn that things here are very different from the usual military bases. He must al...