Just Business

By Mollza98

When the company Caitlyn Pierce has worked for as an assistant to the CEO is about to go bust from the owner... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty - Three Finale
New Book Out Now!

Chapter Sixteen

2.4K 70 1
By Mollza98

Persephone's POV:

We paused our talk to read Aurora a bedtime story and tuck her in bed with her protests to have River over tomorrow and that we would organise something.

Luiza gave us some privacy as we went out to the backyard to have our talk.

Silence filled the space between us for a while before River turned to me waiting for me to start the story. Even if she didn't believe me, it was the truth.

"So, to make this as short as possible without all the massive details, dad was high and deep in money fraud, $50,000 to be exact and his time had come short to be caught so instead of taking the fall, he threw me under the bus. Obviously not being aware of anything but having a good lawyer, I took the blame so I got 7 years in prison. When I got out at 27, I didn't want anything to do with the family so I left to Italy, being in prison gave me contacts to get myself started. In Italy is where I met Luiza and restarted my life, my brand and everything to be here again. Dad wanted to apologise and the only way he could do that was co sign my name onto the contract" I took a deep breath but I saw confusion, hurt but also I saw the truth behind River's eyes, she believed me.

"I wanted to tell you but for years... 15 years you thought I just walked out and destroyed the family when in reality I was saving us" I told her and River nodded her head.

"I get it, I do but I looked up to you from when we were kids, even before Darcy was born, you could of told me, I would of come with you" River told me and I smiled at her sisterly love for me.

"I know that's why I couldn't let you destroy your life in prison" I leaned forward and kissed her forehead, "It's what big sisters do" I told her and she shook her head but the smile broke through.

"Look, what's done is done, it can't be changed and I'm sure father has stopped all of that, I'm more curious in you, who's this Jordan person?" I asked her and I saw the guilt cross her face but quickly changed to fury.

"He used to work for me, he was making remarks to Caitlyn and making her uncomfortable, so I embarrassed him apparently and fired him, one night after work he waited for me with his friends with weapons and attacked me, I fought back and left them on the floor licking their wounds but now Damon knows and I don't know how many more" she told me and I raised an eyebrow and she knew what I was asking.

She stood and lifted her shirt showing the bruises still present on her body.

"River!" I said a bit too loudly and she shushed me.

"Stop, it doesn't hurt as much anymore" she said and put her shirt down and sat down again.

"That's why I went wild at Damon on you, I don't like it, and also cause of Darcy last year" she added on and now I was curious what happened to Darcy.

"What do you mean?" I asked and she swallowed and now I was worried.

"She was kidnapped last year, no idea what happened to her, she only told the authorities, not even us" River said and now my blood was boiling, some real sick people in the world.

"Look, Seph, I do believe everything you told me, we go forward from this point on, I'll speak to Darcy and tell her the truth too, then you can see her, just give me time" River said and I smiled at the old nickname and I nodded then my body crumbled as she hugged me. Having her back meant so much to me.

I walked her to the door and she left, I locked up and went to the kitchen to see Luiza and she looked up at me and gave me a smile. I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her shoulder.

"You good?" she asked as I buried my head in her neck, taking her in and gave a kiss.

"I'm perfect, coming to bed?" I asked and started walking but held my hand out to her.

"Right behind you" she said and took my hand.

River's POV:

I decided to use Sunday as a day to get everything out and speak to people, first with Darcy then my parents then Caitlyn. I got up early and showered and went to Darcy's room. I knocked but no answer.

"Darcy?" I called out and opened the door to see Darcy asleep but a dark skinned arm crossed over her. I raised an eyebrow and took a step forward making noise as Darcy jolted up and saw me as she held the sheet close to her, the figure next to her not moving but I saw the curled hair of my friend.

"I can explain" Darcy said and I furrowed my eyebrows and just left the room. I went to the kitchen and leaned against it, Darcy and Sasha, since when. Moments later Darcy walked out in a robe and she held her hands up to me before I even spoke.

"Before you start, we were drunk" she said and point to the sink where there were a few wine bottles and cans of beer.

"But Sasha?" I asked and Darcy looked just as shocked as me.

"I know, look we kissed once when we went to her cabin, that was it, you weren't home and we got drinking and talking and one thing led to another and we had sex, I mean it was great-" she said and I covered my ears.

"No, I do not need to hear that, so are you a couple or?" I asked and Darcy shook her head.

"Oh heck no, I don't like her" she said and I was getting more confused.

"But you just-" I began and she cut me off.

"I just enjoy messing with her and being a bitch cause she dominates me" she said and I was done with this conversation. 

I finally got her to be quiet and we sat on the couch. I started small but slowly explained to her with what information I had about Persephone and then ending it with that she wants to meet her. Darcy seemed confused by the entire situation but she agreed only if I was there as well and I agreed. As I was about to leave to go speak with my parents I saw Sasha leave Darcy's room and we locked eyes, I saw the guilt on her face but I just smiled at her.

"Keep her safe" I mouthed and Sasha nodded to me. I grabbed my phone and keys and left.

I took the quick drive to my parents place and was thinking through my head of what to say. I never had a bad relationship with them but I think that was all about to change. I pulled up onto the driveway and got out and walked inside, I heard chatter and walked to the dining room table to see them both.

"Hi hun, nice to see you this early, you hungry?" my mom asked always wondering if we were keeping ourselves healthy.

"No, I'm good, I just came to talk to you both" I said and sat down and they both had their attention on me.

"Are you both aware that Persephone is back?" I asked and looked between them to see their reaction, both of them in shock but my father more with guilt.

"She is? When did she come back?" my mom asked, is she being truthful or not.

"About a week or so ago, I know what happened, she told me everything, is it the truth, the fraud, prison, the contract?" I asked as I directed my attention to my father. My mother also, who seemed to be out of the loop.

"It is" he said and I nodded my head and got up.

"Explain to your wife, because she doesn't even know what you have done to this family, I'll take care of Darcy like always and now also Persephone, you have a lot to make up for" I said to him and got up, I walked around and kissed my mother on her head.

"I love you, I'll see you soon and bring both Darcy and Seph" I told her and she nodded then looked to my father with a look I never wanted myself and I left the house.

I never wanted to hate my parents but disappointment was stronger than that. I texted Caitlyn to ask if I could come over and in a quick reply she said yes, one more to make amends with. I got in my car and drove to hers.

Darcy's POV:

As River left I made myself some coffee and breakfast as Sasha slowly came around the corner. I gave her a quick look and she looked away from me. I had no idea how to act after this.

"Morning" she said and I looked to her, god she's hot in the morning.

"Morning, you want coffee and food?" I asked and she nodded.

"So, last night what was that?" she asked and I looked to her to see her hands on her hips, I bit my lip then shook my head.

"Nothing, a one time thing" I turned around quickly to hide my smile, definitely want that to happen again.

"Sure" she said and I took a breathe before I felt hands on my waist spin me around and I was pushed against the counter looking into the dark eyes of Sasha.

"I'm sure you really want that, right?" she said in a low voice and my breathe got caught in my throat.

"Fuck" I whispered and wrapped my arms around her neck and kissed her as she tightened her grip on my waist and pulled me against her.

Caitlyn's POV:

I waited for River and tidied up after last night. After the encounter with River and Damon, I ended the party with my parents wondering what happened, I told them the truth about River and I. They weren't happy but accepted nonetheless and still want to see us both for dinner.

I heard a knock and then the door open and River's voice through the house, she walked in as I was in the main room with a black bag, cleaning up rubbish.

"I'm sorry for last night" she said and I kept silent waiting for her to continue.

"Just you and him were close and I got jealous, then he went to Seph and that set me off again, I admit, I don't like the guy and he knows about Jordan which I'm not scared about, I'm sorting it out. I just never had someone like you in my life and I'm a little possessive of what's mine" she said and walked to me after each pause and ended right in front of me.

"I like you being jealous and possessive, just not in front of family and friends again, got it" I said and pulled her by the shirt into a kiss and she kissed back.

"I can definitely promise that" she said and gave me another kiss.

"Is Persephone okay?" I asked as she started to help me clean the rest of the mess.

"She's fine, we spoke about a few things and this working together will really work out, nothing to worry about" she said and I nodded and smiled that they were working things out. 

We threw the black bags out and washed up and then a silence fell over us, I looked over River and smiled at her and she caught me.

"What?" she asked as she took a step closer to me.

"Are you really possessive of me?" I asked her and she smirked and came to me and placed her hands on my waist.

"A little bit" she said and I raised an eyebrow.

"Only a little" I teased and she rolled her eyes.

"Fine, a lot yes I am" she said and I bit my lip and leaned into her ear and whispered.

"How about you show me just how much?"

Thank you for the reads and the new people finding this story.

Makes me happy seeing that people like this book and the ones who comment and vote.

More chapters to come soon.

~ Mollza.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

253K 3.7K 25
๐‘„๐‘ข๐‘œ๐‘ก๐‘’ ๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘œ๐‘˜: *๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘ฆ๐‘  ๐‘ค๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘“๐‘–๐‘”โ„Ž๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘๐‘ข๐‘ก ๐‘–๐‘ก ๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘˜๐‘’๐‘  ๐‘ก๐‘ค๐‘œ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘“๐‘–๐‘ฅ ๐‘Ž ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘˜๐‘’...
201K 7.4K 33
[GxG] When a young woman named Madeline Anderson achieves her dream in working for the remarkable company founded & run by a mysterious individual, h...
4.4K 217 14
Isabel Romano, 23, has always dreamed of opening her own business but fresh out of university with student loans to pay off, it's not looking too goo...
34.2K 985 32
Mackenzie is no stranger to the world of fashion. But what happens when she becomes the personal assistant to one of the hottest CEOs of the industry?