LOST | Haerin x Reader

By deathkidlvl

Being lost in life takes a new meaning when Haerin literally gets lost >.< More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL

XV

449 36 10
By deathkidlvl

Narrator

It was clear to Haerin that maybe Y/n had a thing for Hanni. So, Haerin invited Hanni over to prep for New Year's Eve....

Little did Haerin know that was probably the worst idea she could have had the entire year.

- Haerin POV -

"Nope, I- I don't wanna," Y/n slurred.

I had told Y/n that I texted Hanni unnie to invite her to prep for New Year's with us, but it sorta turned things in a way I was not expecting.

Over the last 3 hours, Y/n drank alcohol like I had never seen before.

I couldn't tell if it was out of nervousness or just stupidity.

"You just have to ask her for a New Year's kiss. She kissed you during Christmas. How is this different?!" Dani tried to help me out.

"Nope. No! I'm not doing that!" Y/n just reeked of liquor at this point.

"Alright, go brush your teeth! I can't stand you right now!" I plugged my nose up.

Y/n was supposed to be helping us with food and snacks for New Year's, but instead it smelled like their new perfume/cologne was just them bathing themselves in liquor.

"Fine!" Y/n grumpily walked over to their room to brush their teeth.

*DING, DONG*

The doorbell suddenly rang.

"She's here!" I excitedly squealed out.

"Go!" Dani pushed me towards the door.

To be really honest, I was still a bit traumatized when opening the door for Hanni unnie... but this was important....

I wanted Y/n to have someone to love in the New Year or at least kiss when the clock strikes 12 on New Year's Day.

"HIIII!!!" I excitedly squealed at the door.

"Hi!" Minji unnie answered.

"I don't remember inviting her," I thought to myself.

"Oh, Minji. Hi!" Danielle yelled from the kitchen.

"Hi!" Minji unnie waved at her.

"I heard Y/n was drunk. So, I came to check up on them!" Unnie cutely explained the reason for her visit.

"I guess maybe Y/n texted her," I tried to reason with myself.

"Y/n's drunk?" I hear a familiar voice ask.

It was Hanni unnie, walking up to the front door.

"Umm, yeah. What are you doing here?" Minji unnie asked Hanni.

"Haerin invited me over to cook for New Year's Eve," Hanni unnie sounded a bit defensive.

"I can help them cook," Minji unnie crossed her arms in front of her.

"Well, that's good for you. But now that I'm here, I should check on Y/n. If the agency gets word that Y/n's been drinking then it could jeopardize their evaluation," Hanni unnie crossed her arms too.

I started to get a bit nervous because of the tension between the two, but even more nervous because of what Hanni unnie was saying.

"Well, it's a good thing you're not a reporting social worker anymore. So, there's no way the agency can find out about it," Minji unnie stepped up to Hanni's face.

"Unless... you're a snitch....," Unnie mumbled under her breath.

"Oookkkaayyyy!!" Dani suddenly came to my assist.

"I need help in the kitchen and Y/n is probably too drunk for guests right now. So, I can either have you two help me with the food or ask you both to come back when Y/n's a little more sober," Dani started to push the pair away from the front door.

"But, Y/n might pas-"

Minji unnie was about to say something, when Danielle suddenly interrupted her....  "Y/n is home with plenty of water and sufficient food. Y/n isn't going to die because they're drunk."

"Now, you two go have a coffee and come back or just go home!" Dani seemed to pick up on more than I could.

Dani must have been kicking the unnies out for a reason, because I would much rather have help around the house than not. So, I knew something seemed off about the girls for Dani to be kicking them out like that.

"Okay, I'll be back in a few," Hanni unnie answered politely.

"So will I!" Minji unnie sounded a bit defensive.

- Minji POV -

"I know you like Y/n," I coldly told Hanni.

"What makes you think that?" Hanni tried to play things off as if I was dumb.

"A regular social worker doesn't just go around kissing their clients under a mistletoe," I gave her a side eye.

"I was just really drunk that night," Hanni chuckled out.

I was very impressed by her poker face. Had I known any different, I would actually believe that she didn't have a thing for Y/n.

"Just so you know, I like Y/n too," I boldly stated.

Hanni suddenly stopped in her tracks and I turned to look at her.

"Fine. I do," Hanni exhaled out.

I took a deep breath from the sudden confession.

A part of me was hoping that I was wrong. I was hoping that maybe I was just overthinking things and Hanni was just a really nice person.

"But, I'm not going to act on my feelings. So, go ahead. A relationship is probably the last thing on Y/n's mind anyway," Hanni said before turning around to walk away.

I took a deep breath, knowing how right she was.

Y/n had already explained that to me, and here I was... fighting for Y/n's heart as if life hadn't already won that battle...

"You're right," I spoke up before Hanni could leave.

Hanni stop in her tracks once more and turned to look at me.

"C'mon. Let's go check if Y/n is feeling any better," she nudged her head a bit.

I bit the inside of my cheek, a bit jealous that she could keep her composure after what I said, and took a deep breath.

"Alright," I finally gave in to her request.

- Hanni POV -

The walk back to Y/n's house was a bit awkward.

I wasn't blind or stupid. I could see that Minji and Y/n had unspoken feelings for each other, but somehow... hearing it... just made feel worse.

"You two feeling better?" Danielle asked as Minji and I walked into the house.

"Yup," Minji awkwardly asked.

"I don't wanna!" We could hear Y/n whining from their room.

Minji and I looked at each other a bit concerned and walked over to check on what was going on.

"It's just water!" Haerin was trying to get Y/n to drink a cup of water, but it looked like Y/n was throwing a tantrum because of it.

To be honest, I was impressed that I hadn't found Y/n drunk until now. Most times, people grieving or on the verge of getting minors taken away from them, people would turn to a vice in order to cope....

But Y/n had been doing the opposite...

Up until now.

"Drank too much?" I asked Haerin.

"Yeah, Y/n keeps complaining that the water tastes nasty," she answered a bit stressed.

"Ooh! I have flavored electrolyte packets in my purse. Hold on," Minji suddenly said.

I was pleasantly surprised that Minji was trying to help the situation.

"Guess Y/n likes her for a reason," I thought to myself.

I mean who wouldn't fall for a girl who comes running when you say you're drunk and brings electrolyte packets with her.

"Here we go!" Minji quickly returned with a powder packet in hand.

"Thank you, Unnie," Haerin's eyes sparkler in Minji's direction.

It was very clear that Minji was special to both Y/n and Haerin.

I wasn't really needed around anymore.

I wasn't really needed in the first place. Minji was the one to help Y/n get a job, she was the one to be there when their grandma passed, and she was to one who would be here after I moved back home.

It was probably best if Y/n ended up with a rich girl rather than a working class gal like me.

"W-where's Hanni?" Y/n slurred out, as Haerin tried to force feed them electrolyte water.

Both Haerin and Minji suddenly turned to look in my direction.

"I'm- I'm right here," I awkwardly answered.

Y/n suddenly jolted up from their bed and fixed up their clothes a bit. "Hi, Ms. Pham!" Y/n drunkenly bowed at me.

"You look like a fool. Act right," Haerin suddenly started to scold Y/n.

It was always nice to see Haerin act her age. Though I still found it adorable that she'd get babied a lot when she felt unsafe.

"Right, right. I- I'm sorry," Y/n kept slurring their words.

"It's alright. What do you need?" I tried not to smile at how oddly cute Y/n was being.

"Umm- I can't- I can't say it," Y/n mumbled out.

I took a deep breath, saying.... "It's okay. Just show me".

Suddenly, Y/n ran up to me and hugged me tightly.

I was so thrown off by Y/n's actions that I almost fell over. Luckily, Minji was kind enough to catch me before we both fell.

"Ms. Pham, I can't do this!" Y/n suddenly began to cry.

"It's okay. Everything will be okay," I tried to comfort Y/n with gentle strokes down their back.

"No! I can't do this. I- I can't do this without you!"

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.8K 1.8K 50
Minji finds herself trying to fulfill the dream of her favorite student. *TW: Self-Hard, Alcohol, Vulgar Language, Etc*
36.7K 2.2K 36
A simple question started off a crazy story.
66.2K 3.4K 28
Once her baby was inside me, it was like a switch had been flipped, and I got a whole lot more than I ever bargained for. This is a bbangsaz adaption...