Heartstrings on the Blue Line...

By emmloui18

She meets a hockey player. She falls in love. He doesn't know what he wants. Distance separates the two. Will... More

chapter one: an unfamiliar face
chapter two: a normal day?
chapter three: game night
chapter four: the aftermath
chapter five: forced
chapter six: the "date"
chapter 7: what do we do now?
chapter eight: day out
chapter nine: not well
Chapter ten: competition
chapter eleven: facing fears
chapter twelve: its time
chapter thirteen: if only
chapter fourteen: constant
chapter fifteen: attached
chapter sixteen: responsibility
chapter seventeen: questions
chapter eighteen: my comfort person
chapter ninteen: problems
chapter twenty: dads home
chapter twenty-one: no regrets
chapter twenty-two - hangout
chapter twenty three- exam week
chapter twenty four- christmas
chapter twenty five - united again
chapter twenty six- lake house
chapter twenty seven- another day
chapter twenty eight- late night talking
chapter twenty eight - on thin ice
chapter thirty- solemn
chapter thirty two- graduation
chapter thirty three- p.s i still love you
chapter thirty four: lab life
chapter thirty five: waking up dreaming
chapter thirty six- scotiabank centre
chapter thirty seven- see you again
chapter thirty eight- come back for me
chapter thirty nine: realizations
chapter forty: coming back
chapter fourty one

chapter thirty one- back to vancouver

1K 10 0
By emmloui18

"𝕀 𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕣𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣.. 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕕 𝕠𝕗 𝔻𝕖𝕔𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣.. 𝕞𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕤𝕨𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣.. 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕤𝕒𝕚𝕕 𝕚𝕥 𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕖𝕕 𝕓𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕠𝕟 𝕞𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝕚𝕥 𝕕𝕚𝕕 𝕪𝕠𝕦.. 𝕠𝕟𝕝𝕪 𝕚𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕨.. 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕦𝕔𝕙 𝕀 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖𝕕 𝕪𝕠𝕦"

✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾
Today, Quinn and I were going back to Vancouver.

I was exited to go back and see Kayde and Eva, but it was a five hour plus flight back, with him sitting next to me on the plane.

Torturous.

I guess both of us were not expecting a fall out. A positive to this whole thing is that my dad is moving to British Columbia to be the Canucks trainer for the remainder of the season. I can probably convince him to stay until my final semester at UBC.

The house was quiet and still, it was early in the morning. The flight was at one in the afternoon. Maybe Quinn was up too.

Wow I really made myself at home here..

Packing everything that I had brought here made me realize how heavy and how much this suitcase would be and cost.

A fucking hassle is all it is.

I sigh and with my eyes barely staying open, go to the bathroom to gather all of my items and put them in as well.

When I was in the hallway, I could hear muffled noises coming from downstairs.

Who could be up this early?

Totally forgetting the other person that was flying back with me, I tip-toe to the landing where you could see most of the first floor.

Although there weren't any lights on, and it wasn't too light outside, I could see Quinn's figure in the living room.

It looked like he was about to fall back asleep.

"We don't have time for this.." I mumble under my breath in frustration.

I drop my toiletry bag on the ground and head down the stairs. I walk up to him and gently tap him on the head.

"We need to leave for the airport in like an hour and a half Quinn." I say.

He opens his eyes right away and stares into my eyes. He doesn't bother responding to me.

"Did you hear what I said?" I ask him.

"Huh?" He mumbles, obviously tired.

"You can't fall asleep." I stare him down.

He relaxes his shoulders and face. "Yes, I can." He smirks and grabs my arms.

I top my arms from his grasp, instead getting more and more angrier by the second.

"If you're trying to cuddle with my, it's not gunna work.." I tell him with attitude.

"Come on Gen." He sarcastically begs, "friends cuddle."

I scoff and just stand above him.

"Look, we don't have any time to waste. Traffic might be busy, and the airport might be crowded. We need to be on top of this shit." I whisper yell.

"We will be fine." He reassured me.

"Do you have anything packed?" I ask him.

"Yes, I know you well enough to know that you would want to be on time for this." He says with a know it all tone.

"Fine." I roll my eyes. "You have an hour to nap, No more than that."

"Alrighty." he agrees excitedly to get more sleep.

I start to walk back upstairs.

"Five fucking hours with him." I say under my breath.

"I can hear you." He catches my attention.

"Go to sleep." I sternly ask him.

———

Once I finish packing my stuff, I take my diary out of my backpack. I know I said I would write in it, but trust is that I forgot about it completely.

I take the pen that I had attached to it and start writing.

Dear Diary,

A lot has happened since I last wrote in you two weeks ago. Being at the Hughes lake house has been a blast, in some ways I guess.

What do I mean by that? Well for starters: Quinn and I are now just friends.

I got tired of just fucking him and cuddling, I wanted a relationship. I went into his room one night to talk to him about it. He never definitively answered me.

We got into a fight the next day. The next few days were a blur until we both mutually agreed to just stay friends.

Here's the truth, I don't want to just be friends. I want him, I want to live with him, be there for him, just be with him. He is still hung over his ex, and I guess it makes me look really impatient and selfish.

When we fly back to Vancouver for my last semester, he's not going to be with the hockey team as much, he is going to be back with the Canucks. I heard him talk with Jack and he said he will be at the odd home game.

We see each other mainly at the rink, either than the times he takes me out, or comes to my dorm. (Or when I go to his house for..)

I'm not going to finish that sentence lol.

Even though we aren't dating or fucking anymore, it's still going to be sad not seeing him often. I do consider him to be one of my close friends. And considering the state that we are in, it won't help.

When my semester ends, I don't know where I'll be going. I don't know if I'll stay in British Columbia, or if I'll go back home to Ontario.

My heart is telling me to stay in Vancouver, but for now I'm not going to even think about it. It's in four months. I can just try and have a good time. Enjoy myself you know?

I have Eva and Kayde. I will be fine. But I'm going to miss having him around.
It's not even a fucking break up, I don't know why I'm so sad. I guess I'm losing someone I care about.

Anyways, I might close my eyes for like twenty minutes before Quinn and I head out to the airport. He's sleeping on the couch right now and I had to bargain with him to not sleep for hours.

Actually, it might be time for me to wake him up. I just looked at the time on my phone and it looks like we need to leave.

I will write again Diary. I'll tell you everything to get my feelings out.

Gen <3

———-

I put my diary back in my backpack, and gather everything up to move downstairs to the front door.

Once I had everything down, it was time to wake him up. It was way brighter than it was an hour ago. Trying not to wake up the whole house, I quietly walk into the living room and saw Quinn passed the fuck out on the couch still in the same position I left him in.

You have to admit it, he's so fucking hot. HES SLEEPING AND HES STILL SO HOT.

I take a picture of him knowing that when we land in Vancouver, we won't be in contact as much.

I take a deep breath and step closer. I tap his shoulder.

He mumbles which makes me smile a little bit.

"Quinn, we have to go." I whisper.

His eyes open, and he regains consciousness.

"I'm going to make you something to eat on the way, go and get your bags." I tell him.

Quinn lets out a yawn and complies with me. He walks up the stairs and out of sight.

I take a look around the lake house. It was really nice. I didn't want to leave but it was time to return to normal life.

I breath in the cinnamon infused air that was in the kitchen. Ellen always had candles out.

I make Quinn some toast and slather peanut butter and jelly on it, and put it on a plate.

Just as I finished, I hear the commotion of Quinn bringing his bags down the stairs.

Satisfied, I walk to get ready to go. I give him the toast, and go into my backpack where I have cards for the family wishing them well and thanking them for letting me stay.

"Ready?" Quinn's gravely voice travels in the foyer.

I sigh and take it all in.

"Yeah."

———
"So tell me how your family is getting this car back?" I ask Quinn as we are driving on the freeway.

"When they drop Jack off my parents will get the car." Quinn keeps his eyes glued to the road.

I nod and stare off at the rolling tieless and the odd house that we pass by.

Don't make it awkward.

"So, I don't want this flight to be awkward." I randomly say.

It does catch Quinn's attention.

"Neither do I." He agrees.

"We are friends. We are okay." I reassure the both of us.

"Yeah, like I don't know why we are weird with each other.." he chuckles.

I let out an awkward laugh. "Yeah.."

"When are we going to be there?" I ask impatiently.

"Well you have it all planned out, when do we get there?"

I roll my eyes. I pull up google maps.

"It says another twenty minutes." I groan.

"Ugh."

———-
Time skip. (I am so sorry, it's late)

In no time, Quinn and I were on the plane back to British Columbia.

The white noise of the engines comfort me in a way, and having Quinn next to me helps too.

We both have our earphones on, not paying any attention to each other.

I turn and look at him, his brown hair, his gracefully it just is. It's volume.. he doesn't know I was staring at him.

I breathe in and as I do, I feel my eyes start to close. I try and keep myself awake, but the mix of the white noise, and the music coming out of the earphones was making me sleepy. Considering I did not have a lot of sleep last night, I was bound to sleep on the plane.

"Great." I say under my breath. I didn't have my neck pillow.

Stupid Gen.

Not knowing what else to do, I let my head fall to the side on his shoulder the world immediately went black as I fell into the world of dreams.

Little did I know, Quinn opened his eyes when he felt me lie my head. He looked at me smiled, and kissed me on the head before laying against my head falling asleep also.

———

Quinn's black Porsche pulled up to the all too familiar dorm building.

I unbuckle my seatbelt and get out of the car. Quinn opens the back for me, and I carefully pull
My bags out.

"Thanks for the ride." I give him an innocent smile. Inside though, I was very sad and gloomy.

I walk over to the passenger door and knock on the window.

Quinn takes the hint and opens the window so
I can speak to him.

Well, take it all in.

"Good luck with hockey. Don't get hurt again." I grin.

"Thanks," I just turn around and walk into the building.. "Gen-" I hear him call my name in the distance before I get in.

The journey up the stairs was definitely not my favourite, especially with heavy ass bags in my hand.

Once I finally get to my floor and walk the few hundred feet to my dorm room, I refresh my mind knowing that this semester would be different.

I don't bother unlocking the door, instead knocking.

The door immediately opens revealing my blonde roommate. Her face immediately glows with excitement.

"Gen!" She screams and pulls me in for a tight hug.

"It's good to be back Eva." I silently sniffle.

—————————————————————————

A/N

WELL THIS CHAPTER WAS A FUCKEN MESS LOL.

I know what's going to happen later, the big bomb you know?!

ugh gotta go in order though.

School starts soon tho and I have a culminating project for bio that I have to work on so I probably won't post until after the 8th.

Sorry for the devoted fans 😭😭😭

This is my dawg penny, she's stressed because of school too 😍🙏🏼🙏🏼

Anyways love y'all

ALSO JUST A REMINDER THAT I DO NOT EDIT THESE CHAPTERS SO IF THERE ARE ANY SPELLING/GRAMMAR MISTAKES IM SORRY.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

250K 5.9K 64
q°✩ | ˗ˏˋ β˜† ΛŽΛŠΛ— | 𝗹𝗢𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 "but you always really knew i just want to be with you" ❝ i love her but she won't forgive me ❞ ❝ i think she will ❞ q...
12.8K 230 8
"Can you love him again?" "If I can trust him" β˜†.q.:* .q.:*β˜† β˜†.q.:* .q.:*β˜† β˜†.q.:* .q.:*β˜† β˜†.q.:* .q.:*β˜† A American Hockey player and a American figure...
16.8K 405 26
Quinn and Mila started dating in 2016 and have lasted 4 years up to 2020 In 2020 they found out life changing news how will they Cope with their new...
386K 4.6K 53
Alexandra Cohen accepts the job of her dreams, not knowing that she would meet the boy of her dreams because of it