WHAT THEY SEE

By Mya2tact

"I thought that I was dreaming, when you said you loved me. The start of nothing." Published; Dec 24th 2023 More

WHAT THEY SEE
WTS | 001
WTS | 002
WTS | 003
WTS | 005
WTS | 006
WTS | 007
WTS | 008
WTS | 009
WTS | 010
WTS | 011
WTS | 012
WTS | 013
WTS | 014
WTS | 015
WTS | 016
WTS | 017
WTS | 018
WTS | 019
WTS | 020
WTS | 021
WTS | 022
WTS | 023
WTS | 024
WTS | 025
WTS | 026
WTS | 027
WTS | 028
WTS | 029

WTS | 004

7K 549 370
By Mya2tact

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
WHAT THEY SEE

HONESTY SADÉ POWELL
JULY 18th, 2023
TUESDAY 2:15 pm

"HELLOOOO?" NALA SANG once she answered the phone for honesty.

"Hello? Um, I'm sorry to bother you but my car won't start I-I think it needs um..." honesty paused taking a deep breath, "I think it needs a new battery or a oil-oil change or something. But I need to be at bay point elementary school in 20 minutes to pick up Caden." She explained.

"Huh? It's summer why is caden in school?" Nala questioned sitting up from her seat.

Honesty sounded in distress.

"He's-he's in R-club." She sighed scratching her forehead becoming frustrated. "I have to drop him off to boys and girls club before I go to work."

"Oh, okay. Well I let harlem borrow my car today, but I can send Dakari, he's at the dollar tree down the street." She offered and honesty sighed hopelessly .

Her run ins with Dakari lately were nothing pretty. Everytime he looked at her she felt like a little girl in trouble. She couldn't imagine what he thought of her.

She didn't even know what he knew, if he knew anything at all.

Still, she knew she would have to put her differences away for the sake of her little brother. She hated having him be the last one to get picked up. It was a quirk.

"If he could come I would appreciate that. If he says no don't force him, I can probably it make it if I start walking in a few minutes." She brushed her hair behind her ear.

"Girl please." Nala said before hanging up. No wasn't an option and she didn't care.

After hanging with her for the last three weeks she could easily remember why she loved honesty so much, and why she was so heart broken when she left. Honesty was such a good person, granted she had been acting strange. She figured honesty would open up when she felt comfortable.

She always had to leave around the same time everyday with no explanation and Nala had took notice, but after asking about it twice and receiving the same answer she chose to leave it alone.

Honesty nervously bit on her fingernails until her phone lit up with nalas contact and she picked it up answering it. "He said he will be there in three or four minutes and to be outside." Nala stated.

"Okay thank you so much Nala, I'll make it up to you guys." Honesty rushed out as she slid her feet in the Christian Dior slides sitting next to the front door.

She walked to her room picking her up black double flap chanel purse with a gold chain and put it across her body. She sprayed her favorite fragrance by YSL.

She picked up a lip gloss squeeze tube from her dresser, starting to apply the clear gloss with glitter in it, on her lips slowly as the time went by.

"He texted me, he said he's outside." Nala stated and honesty groaned to herself. She had one job and that was to be outside when he got there and she still couldn't do it.

"Okay thank you, I'll call you back." Honesty pressed the red end button on her phone turning it off and sliding it in the back pocket of her khaki pants. She got out her black airforces from the closet then rushed to the door.

She walked out the house locking the door before jogging to his car opening the passenger door. She slid in effortlessly and she soon as she closed the door he pulled off.

Sad songs by durk was blasting throughout the car and he hadn't bothered to turn it down because he didn't want her to say anything to him.

The only reason he was doing this favor for her was because he had grew quite fond of caden. When ever he would chill with sincere, caden was always somewhere around, he was a cool little boy. They bonded great.

He drove out of their neighborhood, heading down south a few blocks over where bay point elementary was located.

Honesty fiddled with her fingers wanting to say something, she wanted him to talk to her. She sighed reaching to turn the music down.

He mugged her.

"You ever heard that the driver control the music. Don't touch my shit." He told her, but she didn't even take offense because it was the first actual words he had spoke directly meant for her.

"I just wanna say thank you, I'm very grateful." She told him ignoring his statement. He blew out a breath at her shaking his head.

"I'm going to tell you, because I'm not too prideful. You don't have to reply, but I want you to know." She bit the inside of her cheek. When he stayed silent giving her the green light she smiled slightly.

"I really missed you. A lot. I missed you every single day. I...I" she stuttered not knowing how to put her emotions in the words she wanted to say.

"I remember a lot about you honesty. But this stutter shit is new-what's good wit you?" He questioned disregarding her admission.

It would be a cold day in hell before he told her he missed her back.

Honesty sighed looking down at her lap. She contemplated on telling him how the habit had gotten picked up, but she couldn't.

So with that, she reached turning the radio back up but not as loud as it was before.

He nodded once, "I thought so." He muttered.

They sat in silence letting it consume them for the rest of the ride to the school.

Once he pulled up to the front, she turned to face him and he had no choice but to look at her. She brushed her beautiful curls that framed her face behind her ear.

"I will only be a few minutes. Thank you." She told him, her tone soft and soothing. He couldn't help but to run his tongue over his bottom lip to stop himself from speaking.

She opened the door and got out, and he watched her walk away towards the school. "This be that shit man. Nala be putting me in uncomfortable shit." He muttered.

Honesty walked in the front office, and stood at the desk that was surrounded by bullet proof glass for safety precautions.

"Hi, I'm here to pick up D'Caden Powell." She stated placing her ID on the counter sliding it under the slit.

The front desk lady smiled picking it up, eyeing it before nodding, making a call on the black phone next to her. "He'll be up shortly." She said and honesty moved to the side to let the person behind her move up.

She stood with her arms crossed over her chest patiently waiting, wishing caden would move a little quicker today.

"You picking up your kid?" The voice snapped her from her thoughts and she looked at the boy standing there.

He had small dreads, styled in four barrel twists going to the back. He looked to be 6'0 and he had a smooth mocha skin complexion. He had a small amount of chin hair but she wouldn't have ruled it to be a goatee, with a nicely tamed amount of hair above his lip as well to compliment his plump lips. His right ear held a diamond stud and he had a nice cut build.

Overall, he was attractive. He gave her pretty boy vibes.

"No, he's my brother. You?" She replied nicely. She could tell the way he eyed her that he liked what he saw, and maybe if her life wasn't so hectic she would show the same attraction, but she had no time for a relationship.

She would have no time to focus on him, she had kids to prioritize, and care for.

"I'm picking up my niece. I was just gonna leave it alone, but you really is one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen." He admitted licked over his lips. He wasn't lying either.

He loved an all natural girl, and honesty screamed that. Her skin tone had him captured, he loved dark skinned women. She held this certain aura that intrigued him, her soft facial features, or the way she stood there trying not to look awkward but did anyway.

The gold hoops hanging from her ears enhancing her beautiful features and she was in uniform. A working independent woman had to be the biggest turn on.

"Thank you." Honesty blushed dropping her head. Compliments flustered her , even though she constantly got them no matter if it were for her eyebrows, clothes, skin tone, or her lips. And she never got used to it.

"You welcome beautiful. You got a man?" He questioned getting straight down to it, he knew he didn't have much time, and a school wasn't the most appropriate place to have the conversation.

"No, but I'm not really looking for anything right now. My life is entirely too hectic to add a relationship on top of it, I apologize." She nicely shot him down.

He smiled, giving her a clear sight of his straight pearly whites. "It's all good ma I can respect that, how about a friend? Can you use one of those?" He questioned genuinely.

He liked how she was straight up, and he didn't mind taking the friend position.

"Awn, I would love a friend. Could I have your number?" She questioned not having the heart to turn him down again, plus this time she didn't want too. His advances weren't to strong and he could handle rejection, she liked that about him.

"I mean you could, but you would have to give me yours too, so it's a two way street type of thing." He offered making her nod agreeing, pulling her phone from her pocket as they switched.

"Sissy! I missed you!" Caden came running out as honesty quickly typed her number along with her name, deciding that if he wanted to add an emoji he could do it himself.

"Cadennn! Hi munchkin." She squatted down to kiss his soft cheek as he smiled brightly.

Once he received his phone he looked down at the pretty girl. "Your name is honesty?" He questioned curiously, and she looked up nodding, quickly fixing cadens clothes.

He wanted to say something like a beautiful name for a beautiful girl because it really applied to her, but that was way to corny for his style. He was shocked he even got her number, he didn't want to rub her the wrong way.

"Okay honesty, I'll be hitting you up." He slid his phone in his pocket.

"Okay, I'll look forward to it. Come on munchkin." She grabbed cadens hands walking out of the school.

"Where's your car?" Cadens little legs moved quickly to keep up with honesty's pace since she was way taller and her strides were longer.

"It wouldn't work for me this morning , so I got a ride." She said once she pulled open the back seat door for Caden to climb in.

He huffed and groaned a little as he climbed in the car like he was having a hard time, and sat down.

Kari looked back seeing the boy with his twists laying in his face. Caden brushed them back just like honesty always did her own hair, and his face lit up seeing kari.

"What's up lil man?" Kari questioned.

He had begun to call caden 'lil man' and it had stuck ever since.

"Kari! What's up man?!" He questioned excitedly talking like he was way older than he really was.

"Nothing much lil man, how was yo day?" He questioned as honesty finished buckling him up and she closed the door.

"Oh it was so good. I learned how to spell my name wanna hear?" Caden questioned as honesty got back in the car. When kari nodded caden continued, "D-apostrophe-C-A-D-E-N. Did I do it!?" He asked.

"You bet you did caden good job!" Honesty said excitedly. She was scared for a little that he was behind his average age level , he had been struggling to count to ten , and learn his ABCs.

She knew it had a lot to do with what he was going through at home having to see his sister sick as a dog, and that amongst many other things, but she wished he would stop worrying and leaving the worrying to her.

"Dang lil man, I didn't even know your real name D'Caden." Kari laughed. Caden giggled because he didn't really care, no one called him that anyway unless honesty was serious.

"Am I going to boys and girls club today?" Caden asked giddily.

"Yep, I have to work today." She reminded him making him nod.

"Is your job gonna give me free clothes again." He perked up, and honesty giggled realizing he was starting his endless talking.

In reality, honesty hated excessive talking. So did kari, but caden was just so cute it made them forget about the dislike.

"Bubba the job didn't give me free clothes they gave me a discount. Why? You like your new clothes?" She questioned turning on her side to see him a little better.

"Yes. I really do sissy. Everybody was saying they like my shirt today, and kabali said that I'm very fresh today." He said referring to a friend he had met at R-club.

"What the fuck type name is kabali." Dakari muttered and honesty smacked her teeth.

"Language please." She squinted her eyes scolding him, and he wanted to give her a snarky reply but she was right, so he let her have it.

"Well that's nice caden. I'll get you some more clothes next week." She promised him.

"And Asia?" He started pouting, purposefully poking  his lip out to look more sad. He always got away with everything with that look.

"Oh course I'm gonna get asia some clothes, because she's gonna come home." Her smile deterred because she didn't even know if she believed herself.

She had hope, and she prayed to god every night for some type of miracle. She just had to let things run it's course, and work her hardest.

"Your the best." Caden sat back in contempt.

"Thank you baby."

Honesty turned back forward and her eyes dropped back to her lap trying to hold back tears. She was sad, she wouldn't be able to get to see her sister today.

Due to her car troubles she would have to skip out on her daily after work visit, and first thing in the morning she would tend to her car so that she could see her.

Dakari could sense the energy shift, and he glanced at honesty just in time to see the tear fall from her eyes onto her hand, rolling down it slowly as if they were in slow motion.

He swallowed the lump in his throat, itching to ask what was wrong. Who was the asia person they spoke of that was able to get her to cry just from the mention of her name.

It wasn't his place though. So he bit down on his tongue to shush himself.

Within minutes they were pulling up to the building, and once again she had to get out. "One second." She put her finger up to Dakari as she helped caden out and up to the building.

Dakari quickly picked up his phone. He opened it going to his call log , pressing on nalas contact.

It rung twice before she answered.

"Who the fuck you got riding in my car Nala." He spoke seriously with a straight face.

"What? What you mean, you don't got honesty?" She asked confused with his question.

"I mean shit I thought it was too but she gotta have stole her identity or something. Honesty nice I know, but she stuttering, and she acting shifty and paranoid and shit, getting emotional over small shit , ion know." He shrugged.

"Well...we have to keep in mind what her mom told you a few years back." She hesitated.

"Yeah whatever, just know ian doin this shit again. I'm uncomfortable as fuck with her by myself." He told her honestly.

"Nigga uncomfortable?"

"You fucking right." He snapped scrunching his eyebrows up, "I'm not comfortable and ain't shit you can't say bout it." He ranted.

"Boy shut your cry baby up. Pussy." The three beeps ended their conversation and he huffed his sister never took him seriously.

Honesty sauntered back out taking her seat back in the car. "Where you work shorty?" He asked her in a calm state even though he had just snapped on his little sister seconds before.

"Tyrone mall." She gulped scratching her arm, looking out her window to avoid looking at him.

"Oh...where you work at inner?" He asked her not expecting that answer.

"American eagle outfitters." She sighed , reaching for the hair tie on her wrist, pulling it and abruptly letting it go as it snapped against her skin.

She did it a few more times, with her eyes scrunched closed together taking large deep breaths.

He noticed it, but he didn't know what that meant. He figured she didn't want to talk, which he had no problem with.

After that he didn't have anything else to say so he turned the radio up as pop my shit by Bossman Dlow played throughout the car.

The bass what so loud it had her bouncing every time the beat dropped, but she stayed quiet just appreciating the ride. She even liked the song a little but even though it wasn't her to go genre.

Once they pulled up to the front of the mall he looked over at her.

"Thank you, Dakari." She finally thanked him, and he shrugged since at this point it was nothing.

They weren't any closer to making amends, but at least they were past the ignoring stage. She didn't know what that meant for them, but let him tell it, it was nothing.

He wasn't getting comfortable with her again and it was final. He didn't know about anyone else, but it took a lot for him to go back on his word.

If everybody else wanted to be cool with her then cool, but he was cool on her and that was the end of it.

It would've needed to be a miracle given by god for him to even talk to her to gain the closure he needed. That would never happen, so he guessed he would just be incomplete forever.

Thoughts and predictions?

What y'all think wrong w honesty? I think the bitch smoking crack🤷🏾‍♀️

Y'all listen to bossman dlow?

MYA OUT🫡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.4K 604 40
just read it.
1.2M 59K 55
"๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š— ๐š’ ๐š๐šŠ๐š•๐š” ๐šข๐š˜๐šž ๐š‹๐š˜๐šž๐š ๐šœ๐š˜๐š–๐šŽ๐š๐š‘๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š—๐šŽ๐š ." | - | sequel to "Speakโ„ข๏ธ" slow updates
35.4K 637 46
Young, never been loved, and insecure
624K 21.1K 77
โž๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐จ๐ฅ๐ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ˆ ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ,๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฅ๐ข๐žโž