Five Nights | A Novella

By n1ghtgxard

TW// gore, cursing, mentions of murder, mentions of suicide As Carissa Emily tries to survive the nightmar... More

Face Claims
The Path to a Brighter Tomorrow
Steve Raglan
First Shift At Freddy's
Ava Miller
Someone Who is Trying to Help
Carissa's Memories
Family Affairs
Family Affairs (Part 2)
Last Night At Freddy's
Thank You (Authors Note)

He Will Come Back

195 14 13
By n1ghtgxard

   "Why- why did you lie to me, Dad? About everything? About Charlie, about Mom? About those damn pills!" Carissa's voice echoed with anger in Henry's hospital room. Henry sighed, wincing slightly as he adjusted himself in his bed, feeling the pain from his stitched-up stab wound.

   "I'm sorry, Carissa. I know what I did was wrong. Keeping you in the dark and erasing your memories was selfish of me. I thought I was protecting you, but instead, I only put you in more danger," Henry admitted, disappointment evident in his voice.

   Carissa's gaze fell to the dull hospital floor, mirroring the somber atmosphere between them. She lifted her head, her voice barely audible as she muttered, "So, it really was all my fault. I abandoned Charlie that night."

   "Don't say that, Carissa. It was no one's fault but William's," Henry reassured her.

   "In my dreams, at least, I tried to save her. Every night, I chased after that car. But in reality, I did nothing," Carissa confessed, disregarding her father's words.

   Henry sighed, at a loss for the right words to comfort his daughter. He looked at her and asked softly, "Did she reveal herself to you?"

   Carissa nodded, a weak smile forming on her lips. "She was the one who showed me the truth."

   "I knew she would," Henry replied, returning her weak smile.

   "How did you find out? That she was still there at the pizzeria?" Carissa asked her father, her curiosity piqued.

   "Well, a few weeks after her death, I decided to return to the diner. Given that the place was closing down due to both Garrett and Charlie's deaths, William and I went to retrieve a few souvenirs. As I was there, I started hearing Charlie's voice. At first, I thought I was losing my mind," Henry chuckled to himself, reminiscing. "But then, she revealed herself to me. She was watching me the entire time. Scared the hell out of me." Henry chuckled a bit.

"I didn't know how to react, so I left her there. I believe William must have realized that she had possessed the puppet. It's probably why he brought her to Freddy's. I also assume that this discovery fueled his obsession with killing, knowing he had the power to bring people back from the dead." Henry shook his head, still reeling from the shock of the entire situation.

   Carissa placed her hand over her father's, offering a weak smile. "I was able to free the souls of the other children. Now, I want to free Charlie's next," she declared to her father.

   "No, Carissa, I understand you want  to help your sister, but you cannot go back there! It's too dangerous!" Henry exclaimed, his concern evident. His anger quickly subsided when he realized that his wound was worsening with his agitation.

   "Okay, okay, I won't," Carissa lied, trying to ease her father's worries. Deep down, she knew that she would find herself back at that pizzeria. Her task didn't feel complete yet.

   Carissa bid her father farewell and left his hospital room. Worry was etched on Henry's face as he watched her go.

   Leaving her father's hospital room, Carissa entered Twyla's room next. Mike was already there, and Twyla had yet to wake up. Carissa took a seat beside Mike, and for a moment, silence filled the air.

   "How's he doing?" Mike asked, referring to Henry.

   "He's holding up remarkably well. His injuries are healing nicely," Carissa replied, her gaze shifting to Twyla lying in the hospital bed.

   "The doctors said she should wake up soon," Mike murmured, his head bowed.

   Carissa smiled and placed her arm around Mike, resting her head on his shoulder. He leaned his head against hers, closing his tired eyes. And then, Twyla's eyes fluttered open. Carissa and Mike quickly separated and stood up.

   "Twyla?" Mike uttered. Twyla looked around, initially confused about her surroundings.

   "He tried to kill me," she muttered, sounding betrayed. Then, she turned to her brother and Carissa and asked, "What happened after I was stabbed?"

   Carissa and Mike exchanged glances, unsure of how to break the news that her father was dead. They were uncertain of how Twyla would react.

   Mike looked back at his sister, took a deep breath, and held her hand. "Dad's dead," he whispered softly. Twyla leaned her head back against the hospital bed, a tear escaping her eye, which she quickly brushed away.

   Silence enveloped the room for a moment. Then, Twyla looked back at her brother and spoke, "When you asked me what Remnant did, I didn't answer because I wasn't sure how to explain it to you. But now, I think it's only right that I tell you the truth."

   "You see, when Remnant is injected into someone, it practically makes them immortal," Twyla revealed.

   "And let me guess, Dad had it injected into himself," Mike interjected.

   "Many times," Twyla confirmed. "So, he will come back, and I'm certain he won't be happy with us."

   "Remnant? What the hell is Remnant?" Carissa interjected, completely unaware of the ongoing conversation.

   "It's a substance I created using souls and the metal exoskeletons from the animatronics," Twyla explained, turning to Carissa. Then, shifting the topic, she asked, "Anyway, why the hell are you here? I tried to get you and your father killed."

   "Because I know it wasn't your fault, Twyla. You were manipulated," Carissa replied. Carissa's mind wandered to her past, and the memories of Twyla flooded back. Twyla, Michael's cool older half- sister, was always a source of admiration and pride for William. Carissa couldn't help but recall Michael's jealousy towards her, as Twyla seemed to effortlessly steal all the attention. Reflecting on this, Carissa began to ponder if Michael's mischievous pranks were merely a desperate cry for his father's attention.

   A little while later, Carissa silently left the hospital room, leaving Mike and Twyla alone. Mike's attention was momentarily captivated by Carissa's departure, a small smile gracing his lips. However, his thoughts were interrupted by the authoritative voice of a doctor.

"Sir, visiting hours have ended," the doctor announced upon entering Twyla's hospital room.

   Realizing the situation, Mike swiftly gathered his belongings and bid his sister farewell with a wave before exiting the room. He caught up to Carissa just outside the hospital doors, her pace not having taken her too far. Sensing her contemplation, Mike gently inquired, "You're considering going back, aren't you?" His concern was evident in his voice.

   "Charlie is still trapped there, Mike. I can't bear the thought of her suffering," Carissa passionately exclaimed, her determination palpable.

   "I understand your worries, but if my father is somehow still there, the last place you should be is Freddy's," Mike responded, his tone tinged with a mix of understanding and caution.

   Carissa nodded, acknowledging the validity of Mike's words. He placed a comforting hand on her shoulder and assured her, "We will find a way to free Charlie, but rushing into it won't help. We need to be patient."

   "You're right," Carissa conceded, her voice filled with a newfound resolve. Together, they walked away from the hospital, and back to the car.

   During the car ride home, Carissa gazed out the  window. Her eyes fell upon the building of the Department of Social Services, adorned with a sign proclaiming "The Path to a Bright Tomorrow." The irony of it all made her snicker softly, the events of the past five days playing through her mind. As Mike pulled into her driveway, Carissa stepped out of the car and bid him farewell with a wave.

   Stepping into her house, a sense of tranquility washed over Carissa. The knowledge that her father would recover brought her immense comfort. Intrigued, she made her way to her father's office and opened one of the drawers. Inside, she discovered a collection of old photographs from their time at Fredbear's. Among them was a picture of her and Michael, both looking about ten years old. Carefully, she picked up the photo and carried it to her bedroom, placing it neatly on her vanity. Taking a seat on her bed, Carissa looked around her room, feeling an overwhelming sense of contentment. Mere hours ago, she believed her life was on the brink of destruction, but now, she felt as though it was just beginning.

*

   Days later, both Twyla and Henry were finally discharged from the hospital. Henry returned to his home, and the bond between him and Carissa grew stronger than ever. Meanwhile, Twyla found herself without a place to live due to her father's supposed demise. In a twist of fate, she decided to move in with Mike, seeking solace and support in her time of need.

   However, as the nights passed, Twyla's mind became consumed with thoughts of her father still trapped within the pizzeria. Unable to resist the overwhelming urge any longer, one fateful night she quietly slipped out of the house while Mike slept soundly. She took his vehicle and made her way to the pizzeria, her heart pounding with a mix of fear and determination.

   Upon entering the familiar establishment, Twyla was taken aback by how different it appeared. Armed with a flashlight, she ventured deeper into the building in search of her father. The absence of any sign of him heightened her anxiety. But then, in a dimly-lit corner, she caught sight of his SpringBonnie suit. Instantly, memories of her father flooded her mind.

   As she approached the suit, a pungent odor assaulted her senses, causing her to recoil. Her curiosity, however, overpowered her initial instinct to retreat. She cautiously moved closer, peering into the gaping maw of the animatronic. And there, to her horror, she saw it—an image that threatened to send her spiraling into darkness. Her father's lifeless body was trapped within the suit.

   Shock and disbelief washed over Twyla as she instinctively covered her mouth, suppressing a scream. Slowly stepping backward, she heard a haunting groan emanating from within the suit. It was him, her father, enduring unimaginable agony. With tears welling in her eyes, Twyla made a solemn vow, whispering, "I'll come back for you, I promise." And with that, she turned and fled from the pizzeria, unable to bear the sight any longer.

   Her heart pounding, Twyla raced away, not daring to glance back even once. The weight of the horrifying discovery she had made settled heavily upon her shoulders, but deep within her, a newfound determination burned. She would not rest until she found a way to free her father from his torment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 4.8K 22
Freddy Fazbear's Pizza was once a happy place for parents and children to let loose and have fun, but the parties soon came to an end when four child...
1K 25 3
In the year 2000, a desperate young man takes a job at an infamous, long-abandoned pizzeria with a dark past, bringing his sisters along. As they unc...
28.5K 826 43
Your name is (Y/n) (L/n), head of security at Freddy Fazbears Pizza. Your business partners and an original founder of the place with your best frien...
57 2 3
3 years after its initial announcement, the grand opening of a new restaurant called The Pizzaplex is finally going to happen. The animatronics of Fr...