Heartstrings on the Blue Line...

By emmloui18

She meets a hockey player. She falls in love. He doesn't know what he wants. Distance separates the two. Will... More

chapter one: an unfamiliar face
chapter two: a normal day?
chapter three: game night
chapter four: the aftermath
chapter five: forced
chapter six: the "date"
chapter 7: what do we do now?
chapter eight: day out
chapter nine: not well
Chapter ten: competition
chapter eleven: facing fears
chapter twelve: its time
chapter thirteen: if only
chapter fourteen: constant
chapter fifteen: attached
chapter sixteen: responsibility
chapter seventeen: questions
chapter eighteen: my comfort person
chapter ninteen: problems
chapter twenty: dads home
chapter twenty-one: no regrets
chapter twenty-two - hangout
chapter twenty three- exam week
chapter twenty four- christmas
chapter twenty five - united again
chapter twenty six- lake house
chapter twenty seven- another day
chapter twenty eight- late night talking
chapter twenty eight - on thin ice
chapter thirty one- back to vancouver
chapter thirty two- graduation
chapter thirty three- p.s i still love you
chapter thirty four: lab life
chapter thirty five: waking up dreaming
chapter thirty six- scotiabank centre
chapter thirty seven- see you again
chapter thirty eight- come back for me
chapter thirty nine: realizations
chapter forty: coming back
chapter fourty one

chapter thirty- solemn

1K 11 1
By emmloui18

" 𝕀 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕀 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕘𝕚𝕣𝕝.."

✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾
Gen

Ive been at the Hughes' lake house for a few days
now, it's been an okay experience.

Pettiness has taken over my life. I haven't talked to Quinn much. I've told Jack all about it. I feel like I can talk to him, like he understands where I'm coming from.

Ellen and Jim were away at the moment, out of the house.  It was just their kids and I until tonight.

"Hey Gen," Jack comes up to me as I'm on the living room couch scrolling TikTok on my phone. "How are things?" He asks.

"Meh, I feel like I want to talk to Quinn because he's in the same god damn house." I frown and lose all my thoughts when I look at the  freshly snow covered lake.

"I don't know what's up with him," Jack brings me back into the conversation, "he seems off. Like not himself." He plops himself on the couch and sits cross legged.

"You're right." I sigh.

"I'm not saying you have to talk to him about your situation, but he may just want to talk about the stuff that's going on." Jack looks at me and damn, his eyes..

"Maybe I will.." I check the time in my phone.

"I came over to tell you that my Mom is having a New Year's party," he smiles, "maybe you can meet a few people."

Wow okay, a party

I have never been the most social person. Small talk is my ENEMY.  We don't go well together. New people don't freak me out, it's just having to keep up the awkward conversation.

"Sounds fun.. I might lay low though. Parties aren't my thing." I laugh awkwardly.

"Just wanted to let you know." Jack explains. "You can meet a few of his friends too."

I nod and right at that moment, Luke barges through the door, all sweaty and wet.

Both Jack and I look over at the sudden noise. "Isn't it too cold to run?" Jack asks.

"Nah, it's not that bad. You can just wear warm pants and it's all good." Luke answers.

He looks over my way. "Hey Gen." He smiles at me.

"Hey," I greet the blonde. "Hungry?"

"A little bit." He responds. 

"I can make you something," Jack perks his head up at my suggestion, "Bacon and eggs? Waffles?" I ask the boys.

"Bacon and Eggs please!" Luke excitedly answers me.

"Aw, I wanted waffles." Jack frowns.

I laugh at his sadness, "I can make you waffles tomorrow morning." I make it up to him.

"Well I'm going to take a shower, will it be done by the time I'm done?" Luke asks me.

"Might be,  give me at least ten minutes." I reply.

Luke walks out of the entry and heads up the stairs, the sound of his footsteps disappear.

I swing myself off of the comfortable sofa, and march over to the kitchen to make the food.

"I'm going to put something on. What do you want to watch?" Jack grabs the remote and turns on Netflix.

"Your pick." I answer him.

"Yes!" He goes and scrolls through shows.

I open up the fridge and look around confused until I see a bowl of white eggs sitting on the clear shelf.

"Do you guys have bacon?" I ask Jack who is still on the hunt for a show.

"Uh, I think so," he turns around and furrows his brows, "try the middle drawer."

I look down and grab the handle to open it up. The package is the first thing I see.

"Ah." I mumble and grab the package out of the drawer.

"I don't know where anything in this house is.." I laugh.

Jack walks over to where I was, and grabbed a few pans for me, and also some butter.

He goes back to the sofa and finally decided to watch Suits.

"I love this show!" I turn around facing away from the stove where the eggs and bacon were cooking.

"It's decent," Jack says. "Brooklyn Nine-Nine on top!"

———

Minutes later, I'm cooking more bacon. Luke was done his shower and was munching away on his breakfast.

"This is so good.." Luke says to me while engulfing the shit out of a breakfast sandwich.

I hear footsteps descending the wooden stairs, and thought it was Jack ready to eat.

When i didn't see the light brown hair, I looked away. It was Quinn, finally up.

"Something smells good in here." He walks to the kitchen and sits on one of the island stools.

I grab a plate from the upper cabinet and slide it over to him. Still not looking at him.

He takes some food sits back in the chair, and then  I hear more footsteps coming down the stairs.

Jack enters the room phone in hand watching something.

He looks and notices the lack of food on the counter and scoffs

"You guys seriously left nothing for me?" He flicks the back of Quinn and Luke's head causing them both to squirm.

"Jack, don't slap your brothers." I say. He rolls his eyes. I probably sounded like his mother.

"I have more eggs and a few strips of bacon on the stove right now, don't worry." I laugh.

I turn back around to tend to the crackling meat. A tiny drop of grease flies onto my hand as I'm flipping each piece. "Ouch." I flinch.

"Are you okay?" Quinn asks. His voice catches my attention, but not in a good way.

"I'm fine." I say straightly. I keep my eyes on the food.

The eggs were finally finished. I turned around to get the serving plate that the original ones were on.

I meet Quinn's hard gaze, his eyes were stuck on me. He pinches his lips, and sighs.

I break eye contact and Jack sits at the other end of the island to get an egg while I get the bacon all dried off.

"This is so delicious, when did you learn how to cook?" Jack asks as he shoves eggs and bacon into his mouth.

"I've been cooking for myself for the past four years." I say.

Quinn looks up at me. "You live in a dorm, you don't have a stove." He looks down at his phone so he didn't see that I was giving him a death stare.

I don't respond instead, I told the boys that I was going to go up to my room to take a nap.

"I didn't get a lot of sleep." I explain to Jack.

He nods and I grab my phone that was sitting in the counter near the oven, and go to my room.

As I walk up the stairs, the boys start to talk. I wasn't going to listen until I hear my name being brought up. I stand at the top of the stairs, hidden from the view of the three brothers that were still in the kitchen.

"Why isn't Gen talking to you?" Luke asks Quinn presumably.

"I fucked up... she wanted to talk about our relationship.. it was late at night so I just shrugged it off," Quinn explains. "I'm being honest, I've thought about it. I don't know what I want."

I frown and stop listening. I quietly walk the rest of the way to the guest room. I grip the doorknob with my hand and turn it, and then push the door closed so I wouldn't make any noise.

When I know nobody would hear me, tears start to well up in my eyes. No matter how much I squeeze my eyes to keep them in, two tears dropped down the side of my face.
A
No sounds came out it my mouth, but the feeling was awful. My heart broke a little bit. Nothing compared to a break up though.

I sat in my bed and blankly stared at the ceiling, at a loss for words.

It's the morning. Go freshen yourself up.

I sigh and right as I was bringing myself to get off of the bed, there is a knock at my door.

I scoff not wanting any visitors at the moment. I didn't want anyone to know that I was crying.

"Let me in Gen." A familiar voice call through the door.

"Not you," I spit, "not you of all people in this house."

"You wanted to discuss us and this situation, well now I want to." Quinn says.

I sniffle to not let mucus that was dripping from my nose because of the crying.

"Gen-" I can hear him scoff behind the door. His words echoed through the air. "Were you crying?" He asks.

I leave him with no response. "If you're not going to talk I'm opening the door. We are facing this problem." His voice a mixture of earnestness and frustration.

I sit criss cross on the bed, frozen. My brain was yelling at me to open it for him, but my body was not listening. I take the sleeve of the hoodie I was wearing and wipe my eyes as an attempt to dry my eyes.

"I'm coming in." Quinn demanding for acknowledgement.

He calmly turns the knob to reveal himself in sweats. His blue-brown eyes glossy and conscious.

I look at him straight-faced.

"Look," he sits on the other side of the large bed facing me.

"I'm being completely honest. I'm still grieving over Rachael." He says.

"I know.. I heard you talk about it with your brothers." I mutter.

He frowns and his face is genuinely sad. "I'm just not sure what I want." Quinn takes my hand.

"I know what I want." I look up at him.

His lips look so kissable right now. Theyre calling your name.

Now is not the time.

"Until you know for sure, let's just be friends okay? I want to enjoy this vacation while it lasts." I cup his face in my palm and rub his temple with my thumb.

"I-" he stutters. Quinn nods his head.

"Until then.." I say.

I look into his eyes and close the already small gap between our faces. Our lips softly crash together and move in sync. I pull away. I just wanted one more quick kiss, and then give him the time he needs.

I smile, and he returns one. He slowly gets up and leaves my room.

As he does a singular tear falls down my face.

I finally get myself up and get myself ready for the day ahead.

———

G ❤️
Quinn and I aren't happening

at least for now..

Ev 💙
oh babe..

call me right now.

—————————————————————————
A/N

MERRY CRIMUS YALL !!! As a present I thought why not post a chapter. Idk how many lies I'll keep telling YALL but for this week, there may or may not be a post.

Anyways lol this is actually a longer chapter. I think I'm kinda getting into the groove of writing almost 2000 words per chapter.

Ugh I'm so sorry for the torture.. I'm still figuring out what I want to happen with Gen and Quinn later in the book😍

Anyways enjoy! I love y'all 🙏🏼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.6K 134 34
what happens when a girl bumps into a famous hockey player? Will she fall in love just like every other love story or just stay friends?
675K 20.2K 42
2021 Watty's Shortlist! *Mostly edited* T/W: physical abuse "Why did you sign me up for Tinder?" I roll my eyes, "Why else do you think? To get you a...
14.5K 244 21
COMPLETE! give it a try! 🌸Ava is sunshine girl. On the first day of school she gets paired up in the wrong room filled with hockey boys. She meets h...
66.9K 1.1K 45
"My waves meet your shore, ever and evermore."' Hallyn Boeser was starting a new chapter in her life. A new job, a new city, and new friends. The opp...