✧Hidden Crystals ✧

By BlueMoonowo

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* You wake up to find that your dog has vanished into thin air. You go to the eerie forest behind y... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter 20
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven

Chapter Twenty One

85 0 1
By BlueMoonowo

Three hours had passed before we realized that it was already past lunch. We had completed deciding where we put the gems and had done so. We headed into the kitchen but noticed that Hoodie was already in there with a plastic bag on the table.

"What did you find," Masky asked

"Some chicken noodle soup, found it at one of the vacation cabins not to far from us," He explained

"Good," Masky and Hoodie started to cook it and get everything ready.

"Later on today EJ might stop by," Masky threw out

I scrunched my nose up, I didn't want to see him. The memories of the first time I met him still lingered in my mind. Masky seemed to notice this because he quickly responded with, "Don't worry, he's just here to inspect your arm and tell us if he's found a way to de escalate the madness,"

I just nodded my head, as long as I didn't have to get another shot I'd be just fine. We all fell into a comfortable silence, the only noise was the sound of the stove heating the soup. It was a nice comforting feeling, like a coffee shop but a little less fancy of course. I laid my head down in my arms. The sleepless night I had just had was starting to catch up on me. It stayed like this until a couple of minutes later when Masky broke the silence,

"Tomorrow we need to go get some more food,"

Hoodie nodded his head and I did as well. He mumbled an "Alright," and turned back around to tend to the soup again.

The silence settled back in on us and stayed there. My eyelids started to fall down. I could feel sleep pulling me under but I fought it. Only for a little while tho, after another minute or so I finally just closed my eyes and let sleep wash over me. And just as I did Masky announced that he soup was done.

I let out a hefty sigh and picked my head back up. A bowl and bottle of water was placed in front of us all. Both Masky and Hoodie sat down and started to dig in, I followed suit. I took a sip of the soup and instantly regretted it, it was scorching hot and burnt my tongue and throat. This time I actually blew on the spoon before I ate it. I took a quick glance up and saw that Masky and Hoodie were both doing the same thing. Only lifting their masks up only as far as necessary. I wonder what happened to them, I honestly felt a little pity for them both.

Hoodie was the first one done, he sat his bowl and spoon into the sink. He was about to head out the door but Masky stopped him, "Where are you going?" He asked.

"Scout some houses for us," He responded.

"Oh, alright. Be safe," And with that Hoodie opened the door and went into the forest.

"Ya know, before we take off tomorrow, I want to teach you a few things," Masky said

I raised a brow, "Like?"

"Fighting wise, you need to learn how to defend yourself. Just in case I'm not here to protect you," He explained

I nodded my head, he was right. I really did need to know how to protect myself, especially here. He spoke up once again, "Do you know how to fight at all?"

"No, not really,"

He nodded his head and let out a "Hm." He was about to say something else but was interrupted as the door opened. It was EJ, he closed the door and walked over to the kitchen table with us.

Masky immediately started pressing questions, "Did you find anything to help,"

He nodded his head, "It's not much but I think you'll appreciate it,"

"Do tell,"

"Well, from what I gathered, the subjects only had themselves for comfort, they had no one to help them through it. No one to encourage them or anything along the sorts. And at night they were left in complete darkness, no lights no nothing. And the final thing that I evaluated was their state of living. They only had a tiny room and were never let out of it. The subjects were studied at an unfair level if you ask me. But anyways, I think it is quite possible for you to overcome this. The odds seemed as if there stacked in your favor now." He finished

"Well, I'm glad we actually have a chance now," Masky said

"Yes, you do. Now do you want me to examine her arm now," He asked

"Yea,"

He walked over to me. I took off my hoodie so that he could access my arm. He unwrapped the bandages and studied it for a second."Well," he started, "It is healing thankfully. The sickness attacks that you have, have they gone away?"

I shook my head, "No"

"Well, they will still happen for a little while then. But they shouldn't be at the severity as they were before, or appear as often as before, "he explained.

A slight smile appeared on my face. It was nice that even EJ himself thought that I had a chance as well as Masky.

"Well that's all," He stood up and grabbed his bag of medical supplies, "I'll be visiting in a couple of days of course." He started walking to the door and just as he was about to close it and spoke one last thing before he closed it, "Try to use your advantages, if you do you know just as well as I do you'll be fine. You might not make it out unscathed but you won't be dead at least," And with that he shut the door and went back to whatever place he came from.

Masky's POV

I felt giddy with joy. The news that we had just received was possibly the best I had ever heard. They still had a chance, a chance. A chance was all that I needed, because I knew I wouldn't let them fall to this bullshit. Not if I could help it at least. I turned towards them,

"Alright, so, I'm sure you're just as happy as I am. But we really need to focus on your fighting skills. I don't want to to defeat the madness but then die to some murder in the forest." They raised an eyebrow at me and gave me a judgmental look. Damn, didn't even try to hide that one.

"Ok, ok. Let's just go outside so we can get started, and don't worry about your arm. I won't try to hit you near the wound." I said

They nodded their head. We walked right outside the house to an area that was relatively clear of debris.

"Ok, first things first, get into your starting position," They seemed a little confused at this but still tried nothingness. They held up their hands into fists and just kind of stood there. I gave a little chuckle, we had a long way to go.

I walked over to them, "You got the idea I suppose but there's definitely room for improvement. Watch my stance, keep your dominant side farthest from your opponent, put your weight on the balls of your feet and bend your knees slightly so you'll be able to move easily."

They did as I said, the only problem was their hands now, "Stay in that position, now for your hands. Keep your fists about level with your cheeks, you'll be able to hit and defend yourself easily," Again they did as I said, I was quite proud, maybe this wouldn't be so hard to teach. They seemed to be a quick learner at this.

"Well you got the stance right, so let's see what you can do. Try to get me on the ground or immobilize me, alright?"

"I'm not going to be able to," They said in confusion

"Oh I know, I just want to see what you can do. As well as see what we need to work on the most." I explained

They sighed, "Ok, whatever," A look of discomfort was on their face.

"If you're worried about me hurting you, I promise I won't. I'll hit you but not hard at all. I promise," I reassured.

They nodded their head.

"Alright, get ready," They got into their position, "One, two, three!"

They stood there and studied me for a second, they wanted me to strike first. I ran at them, they ducked under my right and shoved me to the left as they ducked. Just as I spun back around they punched me in my arm. Not too shabby.

This time they ran at me, they tried to punch me in my stomach but I blocked it, I quickly took a jab at their right shoulder to push them away. They stumbled backwards but regained their composure as they saw me coming at them again. A panicked look flashed across their face as they threw a sloppy punch in my stomach again. I blocked it once again and grabbed their arm.

"I win," I said happily

"I don't think that was a fair right." They stated simply

I released their arm, "I know but it's a start for you"

"I guess," They mumbled

"If it makes you feel better you didn't do to terribly bad, you still did get a hit on me,"

"Mhm,"

"Ok, well let's continue. You take too long to actually punch, people will be able to predict where you hit if you take so long-"

"God, is this whole time gonna be you bullying me," They exaggerated

"Maybe" I said with a light chuckle"

The sun was going down and casted a orange blow onto the snow around us.

"Well, I think that's enough for today," I said stretching

"Good," They mumbled, "I'm tired of constantly losing,"

"You'll get there. Besides, you can even use one of your arms so you are at a disadvantage."

"A huge one,"

"Mhm," I said as we headed inside.

"Go ahead and take a shower, I'll find us something to eat,"

They took off into the hallway, leaving me alone in the kitchen. I opened the pantry and searched for something to make. I finally landed on some boxed mac and cheese. It wouldn't be the most fulfilling meal but it was better than nothing. I placed it down on the counter, then grabbed a pot from the cabinets below. I put some water in the pot and turned on the heat, all I had to do now was wait for it to boil.

I heard the faint noise of water running from the bathroom. I hoped all of this going outside would help them. I didn't want to watch them slowly descend into madness, to slowly wilt away just as I had done. Even the thought of that made me cringe. They were too good to end up like something I was, a shell of what I used to be.

The worst thing about it all is that it had already started to take effect. The fighting spirit they used to have when I first brought them here had already started to wither away. I wanted to help them, I really did. But every time I tried I saw the flicker of fear that would flash on their face. They were scared of me, I scared them. And it was something I couldn't even stop, I tried to fix my attitude towards them and be more patient but I couldn't help that.

It made me want to throw up my insides, claw myself inside out. I hated it, I hated it with every nerve that was in my body, but even with all of the hatred I held for it I couldn't stop it. The sizzle of the water ripped me out of my thoughts. I turned the heat down slightly and poured the noodles in.

I let out a sigh and ran my hands through my hair, I needed to change something I couldn't even control.

I looked back out the window at the snow covered ground. I really hope we run into Jeff tomorrow, I really felt like beating the shit out of someone. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 348 15
November 2018- 1st in maskyxreader (wow) -------- Some notes before we start: Yes I know that Masky is not part of creepypasta but I love creepypasta...
43.9K 1.2K 21
#CPAWARDSSHOUTOUT (Welcome back to the "To Remember" series, where I put my own terrifying twist on X Reader stories. X Reader stories are supposed t...
55.3K 1.5K 13
Halloween. Y/n's favorite holiday. All she has to do is put on a mask and no one will know it's her. Bullies can't find her even if she was standing...
5.3K 599 28
________________ ᳝ ˖ . ֺ ָ ֙⋆ 〃ɪ'ʟʟ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ𓆩♡𓆪〃 ⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆ "ɴᴏ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ." ᴍʀꜱ ʀᴏɢᴇʀꜱ ꜱᴘᴏᴋᴇ. "ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ; ʟʏʀᴀ." ꜱʜᴇ ꜱᴘᴏᴋ...