Tell Me A Lie {A One Directio...

By spraythesun

"Life's a bitch, you gotta go out and kick its ass." Riley is the definition of any school's bad girl. She do... More

Chapter One: New News.
Chapter Two: Messing Around.
Chapter Three: Revenge!
Chapter Four: Success!
Chapter Five: The Will.
Chapter Six: Fun Weekend.
Chapter Seven: Newbie.
Chapter Eight: Drama.
Chapter Nine: Waiting.
Chapter Ten: Enemies?
Chapter Eleven: Forever and Ever.
Chapter Twelve: ''Best Shopping Trip Ever...! Or Not.''
Chapter Thirteen: Party Time!
Chapter Fourteen: Disaster.
Please Read! <3
Chapter Fifteen: Planning Ahead.
Chapter Sixteen: Date Day.
Chapter Seventeen: The Dates.
Chapter Eighteen: A Night Out.
Chapter Nineteen: A Change Of Heart.
Chapter Twenty: Holiday!
Chapter Twenty-One: Let's Party!
Chapter Twenty-Two: Weird.
Chapter Twenty-Four: Taken.
Chapter Twenty-Five: On A Mission.
Chapter Twenty-Six: Beat Up and Worn Out.
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Bad Luck.
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Upset.
Epilogue: Happy.
Acknowledgements.

Chapter Twenty-Three: New Relationships.

2.2K 85 11
By spraythesun

Riley's POV:

''We're doing a little gig tonight, to say thank you for having us and stuff.'' Zayn tells Holly, as we lounge about our room.

It's been a week since we arrived in Athens and tomorrow morning, we'll be leaving for Rome. Pity. I like Athens. But I'll probably like Rome even more.

Holly nods and Zayn leaves without a glance in my direction.

Zayn and I aren't talking. It's like there's a barrier between us.

It was his fault.

''Lets go to the beach.'' Charity says, stretching out on the floor. ''It's too hot in here and I'm bored. We need to top up on our tans too, ya' know guys.''

''Yeah, that's true. But lets go after lunch, 'cause I don't wanna go then come back then go again.'' Holly looks at Charity, with a funny look on her face.

In this past week we've been shopping, we've been out partying – I hardly drank anything, due to the black spots in my vision I keep getting – we've found out that Leo is staying in the room opposite us with a friend – who Charity has her eye on – and we've been going around Athens and a few other cities in close proximity meeting One Direction fans.

Zayn got mad at me because I told one fan she wasn't going to date Harry because he's taken. He totally blew a gasket and of course, I wasn't going to stand there getting shouted at without yelling back. Louis and Niall had to grab hold of us before one of us slapped the other. And it definitely wasn't going to be Zayn.

We have lunch – bacon sandwiches. I didn't know they could get bacon here – and then we go to the beach, Louis, Harry and Liam coming with us. The rest of them are watching a film in the big room where everyone watches a film weekly. I think today it's Titanic.

We find a nice spot on the beach, not too far from the water. I lay my blue towel down next to Louis' and Charity puts hers next to mine. I take my RayBans sunglasses out and put them on, taking off my clothes, leaving myself in bikini.

Thankfully, I don't burn easily, so I don't need any sun cream.

As I'm laying there, I get hit in the face with a big beach ball. I sit up and yank off my sunglasses, glaring at the boys who hit me with it.

''We're sorry,'' the boys say, sounding like they're from Russia or something. ''Come play?'' they offer, looking cute.

I pause. I'm kinda getting bored just laying here, doing nothing. The girls are swimming in the sea and the boys are asleep. I stand up, nodding. ''Sure.''

They both smile at me and call to another girl. She comes over and greets me warmly. ''I'm Petrova. We're from Russia. These are my brothers Boris and Zlanic. We shall play volleyball, yes?''

''I'm Riley,'' I shake their hands and nod. ''Yeah, that's great.''

We get divided up into teams; I'm with Zlanic. His hair is so blonde it's nearly white.

At the end of our game, I find out that Petrova is sixteen and her brother's are twins; Zlanic is older by six minutes. They're both seventeen and they know a bit of English, enough to get by. They've come to Greece to get away from their abusive father, who looks after them, after their mother died when they were young.

''He started drinking and getting abusive when she died. Everyday he came home drunk.'' Petrova looks down at the sand.

''Aw I'm sorry to hear that,'' I say, then continue. ''But why are you telling me?''

Zlanic beams at me, his smile making his whole face light up. He's pretty cute. ''Because you seem very nice.''

I return his smile, going a tad red. ''Thanks Zlanic. You're a cool bunch.''

''Cool? I'm cold?'' Boris looks confused.

''What's a bunch? We're not pairs.'' Zlanic blinks at me.

I burst out laughing, slapping the sand with my palm.

I also found out that Petrova speaks the best English out of them all.

She quickly speaks to them in Russian and then they all laugh with me.

''Oh, we thought you didn't like us.'' Zlanic chuckles.

''Oh no I do. You're...'' I struggle to find a word they'd know. ''Great. Really nice.''

They nod, showing me they understand.

I never thought I'd be friends with three Russian kids.

And that shows that life throws many unexpected things at you.

~*~

''Oh my god, talk about corny.'' I mutter, watching a couple sing to each other on the stage.

''You go up there then.'' Charity challenges me.

I wriggle my eyebrows at her then stand up. ''I shall.''

At about seven o'clock we left the beach and came back to the hotel, to get ready for tonight's leaving party or mini gig, as the boys call it. Zlanic, Petrova and Boris are flying to a little island off the coast of Greece tomorrow morning early, so they couldn't come. I like them, they're cool.

And now, we're sitting and waiting for the boys to perform.

My friends look on as I make my way to the stage, whispering to the man in charge of the karaoke machine.

''Which song?'' he asks me.

''Mean,'' I reply. ''By Taylor Swift.''

He nods and when the couple stumble off stage, I take my mike and go up, smiling at my friends.

Then the music starts and I let my voice sing along to the song.

''You, with your words like knives

And swords and weapons that you use against me

You have knocked me off my feet again

Got me feeling like I'm nothing

You, with your voice like nails on a chalkboard

Calling me out when I'm wounded

You picking on the weaker man.''

I glance around the room for a few familiar faces, except the boys and my friends.

''You can take me down with just one single blow

But you don't know, what you don't know...

Someday I'll be living in a big ol' city

And all you're ever gonna be is mean

Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me

And all you're ever gonna be is mean

Why you gotta be so mean?''

My favourite verse starts as soon as I spot Leo, sitting with his friend Marcus and I smile at him before continuing with the song.

''You, with your switching sides

And your wildfire lies and your humiliation

You have pointed out my flaws again

As if I don't already see them

I walk with my head down

Trying to block you out 'cause I'll never impress you

I just wanna feel okay again

I bet you got pushed around

Somebody made you cold

But the cycle ends right now

'Cause you can't lead me down that road

And you don't know, what you don't know...

Someday I'll be living in a big ol' city

And all you're ever gonna be is mean

Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me

And all you're ever gonna be is mean

Why you gotta be so mean?''

Leo grins at me, singing and clapping along. I watch as the crowd start clapping as well and actually look excited. Wow, this feels kinda good funnily enough. I'm enjoying it.

''And I can see you years from now in a bar

Talking over a football game

With that same big loud opinion

But nobody's listening

Washed up and ranting about the same old bitter things

Drunk and grumbling on about how I can't sing

But all you are is mean

All you are is mean

And a liar, and pathetic, and alone in life

And mean, and mean, and mean, and mean

But someday I'll be living in a big ol' city

And all you're ever gonna be is mean, yeah

Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me

And all you're ever gonna be is mean

Why you gotta be so?..

Someday I'll be living in a big ol' city

And all you're ever gonna be is mean

Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me

And all you're ever gonna be is mean

Why you gotta be so mean?''

When I finish, the crowd in the hotel's lobby cries and chants, clapping at me. I bow, winking at Charity before jumping off the stage to join them again.

On my way to the bar to get another drink, Leo stops me.

''You're a great singer. Just like your brother.'' he smiles at me, as I order a Coke.

''Thanks, but he's better.''

''Yeah, maybe.''

We lapse into awkward silence, the only sound is are breathing. And the music and singing of course.

''So, you're going to Rome tomorrow, huh?''

I nod. ''Yep. What about you?''

''Well, I was thinking of going to Rome as well.'' Leo says, looking down at the bar, looking sheepish.

''Are you serious? Why?''

''Yes, I'm serious.'' he looks up and grins at me. ''Because I like you and I want to get to know you more.''

I can't stop the smile on my face from spreading, making me smile at him widely.

''That's fantastic!''

''It is,'' he nods. ''Where's your brother?''

''Um, backstage I think. Why?''

''So I can do this without him chopping my head off.'' Leo replies, and he pulls my face towards him. The first thing to pop into my head is, wow, my very first kiss.

~*~

Sometimes, I hate my endings.

I mean, I end some chapters so badly, ugh.

Anyway, yeah I hope you guys like it!

It's one in the morning when I'm writing this, so be pleased. (;

And yes, maybe some of you are thinking that I'm using an idea someone commented about. I'd already had this idea, from the start, but I wasn't going to use it until quite a few people actually asked me to use it, so I am.

This story will only have about five or six more chapters left. :c

Still, anyway, please vote and comment, my favourite comment will get a dedication!

Or if someone votes for every single chapter of this story; that as well, might get a dedication. (;

Bye guys! I love you all.

Amber. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 78 26
Just a normal girl who lives in London with her friends. She is a very good student that is given an amazing opportunity. An opportunity that changed...
33.7K 1.6K 50
Tatum Williams, 17 years old, is finally in her last year of school. For her the years seemed to drag longer than usual. Tatum and her mom move aroun...
22.4K 353 28
After coming back from summer camp Riley Johnson was having a the time of her life having the chance to meet a boy and fell in love with him. then ou...
18.4K 150 29
Jasmine hates One Direction. She hates their music, their accents, and everything about them. But her life changes one day in a small candy shop when...