I am Dragon

By desirayluna

This story is based off of a foreign movie called I am Dragon. If you happen to have Amazon prime you can wat... More

Prologue: The Beginning
Chapter One: The Wedding
Chapter Two: The Legend is Real
Chapter Three: The Stranger
Chapter Four: The Secret
Chapter Five: The Real Meaning of Knowing Someone
Chapter Six: Rough Journey
Chapter Seven: The Unknown
Chapter Eight: What to do?
Not An Update Soooo Sorry
Thank you!
Chapter Nine: The Next Morning
To 2.05K reads!!
Chapter Ten: The Key to getting Home
Chapter Eleven: Living as a Human
Chapter Twelve: Reality Sinking in
Chapter Thirteen: Fear
Chapter Fifteen: The Decision
Chapter Sixteen: My Happiness
Chapter Seventeen: Happy Ending

Chapter Fourteen: Heartbreak

10 0 0
By desirayluna

 The following morning, I am still reeling from the nightmare... I end up in one of the cliff springs to wash away the fear and doubt, and hopefully, everything will be okay. 

My tense muscles relax in the water. 

Arman P.O.V: 

Mira's words echo in my mind," When a person receives a gift of flowers, they know they are loved. Something important takes place between the two people." 

I smile; having Mira here has been a gift. It was the most peaceful time in my entire life. I have to give her these flowers.

Mira P.O.V. 

I dress for the day in a bright red gown. I pin my hair back with two tiny braids hanging loose. 

I played with a dragon kite I was making, hoping to see the wind again. As beautiful as Arman showed me. 

I dream of flight. 

I want to show Arman. 

"Arman!" I go searching. 

I found him on the cliff where we watched the celestial flowers. 

"There you are, Arman!" Struggling with my kite. 

"Look at what I made. It looks like a dragon, but it won't fly. Will you teach me to see the wind?" I gleefully look forward to seeing it fly. 

"You're strange, Mira," he says sternly. I look at him, saddened by his change in mood. 

"Why?" I question softly. 

" You're scared of dragons, but you play with them. " He scolds me. 

I look down at my kite, longing for its flight. Guilty of what he says. 

"Why isn't Igor coming for you?" Arman says 

I look off to the sunset," If he isn't coming... You know what that means." I murmur. 

"Have you said your vows?"

I sigh," We didn't have time, Arman." I turn towards him, finally deciding to stay no matter what is to come. 

" The dragon appeared." 

Arman looks confused and accepts," So, he's not coming for you." 

I look around the beautiful sunset and fidget with my kite. I did not know that in the short time I have been here, I have fallen in love with how life is now. No more longing to go home. 

Arman starts to walk away but turns towards me. He slowly guides my arm. 

He whispers, "I'll teach you... to see the wind." He takes hold of the yarn sting, and my other hand holds the kite. With my right hand close to his, he lifts it before us. 

"Close your eyes. Look in the distance, further than you can see, with your eyes open. Feel the wind with your fingertips and hear its whisper." I feel his strong arm and heat come from his body. And listen to what he says. 

With my eyes closed, I open my mind to the wind, to him. 

"Then, you will find something you didn't know existed inside you."

Deep breath, and I feel and see it. 

With that, the kite pulls and flows with the wind. 

We watch it fly in the sky, flowing in the wind. 

I close my eyes, taking in the moment. 

"It flew away." 

Without realizing it, I touch Arman's hand. 

I turn behind me. 

"Arman? Arman, where are you?" I breathe, fear creeping into my body, my voice echoing. 

Arman P.O.V.: 

I shared the moment with Mira, and I forgot myself. The Dragon is now fighting and tearing at the surface, wanting out. I fight and struggle to pull out my flute. Playing the tune in the tight space in case it comes out. 

When I become aware, it is dark. I start to take a stroll, not trusting myself just yet. 

What I came across was not what I expected. 

A boat filled with celestial flowers and supplies. 

Suddenly, Mira's and my words come to mind:" Have you tried to run away?

"You can't run away from here. "

"So you can sail away..."

"I call them celestial flowers...

"They can be seen from the ends of the world...

"I'm really scared of the Dragon, Arman...

"All this time, I've been...preparing to...

"Will you help me escape?" 

 The words echoed over and over. I realized that she never meant to help me, only herself. She always wanted to escape. But I am a monster undeserving of her help. I must make her leave. 

Mira P.O.V: 

I walked and walked, trying to find him. " Do you hear me? Where are you, Arman?" It was dark, with just enough moonlight to see where I was walking. 

"Approach the altar." Arman's voice was deep and angry.  

"Get closer." I turn and see the stone altar with grey ashes. 

I approach slowly.

" Have you ever wondered why, on an island where so many young women had perished, there isn't a single skeleton or even a bone?"

I trembled a little, but my nightmare came to mind: the glowing light, the burning feeling. 

"You call us dragons, but we call ourselves," those born from ashes." 

Arman suddenly appears behind me and throws a flamed toy wood puppet. He throws it on the altar. 

"is what dragons do to the brides of men. They don't just kill them. They burn them alive. They fill them with fire and hold them in their claws while they scream in agony as the fire consumes them from within. Until all that's left is smoking ashes... and a new dragon emerges. That's how I was born. That's how dragons further their race. That's what's going to happen to you too, Mira. "

My heart breaks, and I murmur, "Why are you telling me this?" 

"I am a freak... I can't ever live like a human." 

Tears blur my vision, "I think you're wrong..."

"I know about the boat." His voice grows louder. I sob. He found out.

 "Arman...."

"I know why you didn't want to stay in the pit; you wanted to escape. You had a plan... to get hold of materials and maps, to learn to send signals to ships. There was only one thing left: overcoming the island's curse preventing you from sailing away. "

I yell, "Arman, I didn't know I would..."

In a calm voice," I don't blame you. You're right. You should be scared of me. You said I could subdue the Dragon. I tried, but it's pointless because you don't believe in me." 

He is moving towards the tight space he uses to keep the Dragon in. 

"Arman...." I try to explain. 

"Enough!! Tomorrow, you'll get into the boat and hoist the sail at sunrise. The east wind will take you to the open sea, where the ships sail." 

I can't let him do this!

"Don't go!! What about the new man? Remember? He needs me!!!" I try to reason with him. 

He screams angrily," Only the Dragon needs you here! Go away!!." The last part deepens with the Dragon's voice. 

He throws the flute at my feet, finally, in the space. He glows and screams in pain. The Dragon is taking control. 

I sob, my heart breaking into a million pieces. It was worse than when I was taken here, not knowing what would happen to me. 

I reach out my hand, feeling numb. There is no going back...

I somehow make it to the boat. 

I release violet pedals to the wind and set sail. 

Rex, running to me, trying to get to me but unable to swim, stays on the rocks. Which I am glad for. 

I cry," Don't follow me, please. You're all he has. Go to him!!" He whimpers. 

I hold my head in my hands, crying. I have to let him go for both our sakes...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 5.6K 27
I had been waiting for over 200 years. I wanted the one thing everyone got, but not everyone kept. I would keep it though. It would never leave my si...
561K 17.4K 34
You all know the old fairy-tale's where an evil and cruel dragon kidnaps the princess because of her beauty and then knights in shinning armour arriv...
54.3K 1.3K 50
Created: 03/08/2023 Finished: 29/09/2023 ________________________________ I scrapped my Encanto book to do another Miraculous book. This time it has...
315 26 18
A hidden message was planted within this story. This story wasn't made to impressed but to expressed. Thank you for reading my story.