LOST | Haerin x Reader

By deathkidlvl

Being lost in life takes a new meaning when Haerin literally gets lost >.< More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL

IX

579 50 30
By deathkidlvl

Narrator

Y/n and Haerin were just starting to get adjusted to their new routine.

Y/n would wake up and wake Haerin up, then take her to school, and then go to work. Danielle would walk Haerin back home and stay with her until Y/n got home and then she'd eat dinner with them.

This was becoming a routine, but it was a bit different on the weekends and specially now that Haerin was on winter break.

- Hanni POV -

I was just about to knock on Y/n's door, when Y/n came running out the house.

"Woaaahh!!" I got startled a bit.

"Ms. Pham, what are you doing here?" Y/n asked a bit rushed.

"I came to check up on you," I answered a bit awkwardly.

To be honest, Y/n was doing pretty well in such a short time and I no longer needed to check up on them.... but I just couldn't help myself...

"Oh, thanks but I have to go to work today," Y/n replied.

"I see. Well, I can just-"

*BUZZ, BUZZ*

An alarm on Y/n's phone started to go off.

"Gotta go! You can check on Haerin if you want. She's inside!!" Y/n yelled as they started to run to their car.

"You're not supposed to leave a minor on their own!" I yelled back.

"Her older friend will be here soon!" Y/n yelled back, before turning on their car and driving off.

In reality, there was no laws on leaving minors home alone. It was only an issue if the child was abandoned or they got seriously hurt from being unsupervised.

"Don't get too attached," I had to remind myself when I noticed the silly smile on my face.

It was hard to not get attached or emotional about certain cases I worked on, but with Y/n.... it felt a little different... It was clear that Y/n's intentions were pure. Y/n wasn't just doing it because they didn't want to get in trouble, they genuinely cared about having Haerin in their life.

I finally turned to face the door and took a deep breath. "I guess I should at least check on her," I exhaled out.

I had never checked in on Haerin by herself before. I was scared that I'd trigger her or something, and then I'd have to bother Y/n at work.

"It's alright. She's a good girl. Y/n trusts her to stay alone for a reason," I tried to reason with myself.

At the end of the day, I needed to make sure that Haerin was okay and had her needs met. Regardless of how I feel about Y/n.

- Danielle POV -

I had just finished up from chores and decided to walk over to hangout with Haerin. Because of winter break, it was a little harder to spend time with her... but I always made sure to make time with her in each of my days.

*KNOCK, KNOCK*

I was startled to find someone at Haerin's front door.

"Hi, Kang Haerin! It's Hanni Pham. Y/n said it was okay to check in on you while they're at work!" I heard the person at door yell.

The person at the door was a girl I had never seen before. She looked a bit older, but not by much. She was also dressed a bit formal, which made me wonder if it was a colleague of Y/n's.

"Haerin!" The girl yelled through the door.

I knew very well that Y/n had informed Haerin to not open the door to anyone, so I was very surprised when the front door slowly opened.

"Huh? Haerin must trust her to open the door like that," I thought to myself.

"Wait for me!!" I exclaimed once I saw the girl named Hanni walk into the house.

"Oh, Danielle!!!" Haerin squealed and ran up to hug me. I picked her up and greeted her with a kiss on the cheek.

Spending all this time with Haerin was helping us get a lot closer. It was really nice. Even if Haerin didn't feel the same way about me, then I could at least be there for her when she needs me.

"Hey! Who's this?" I gleefully asked, as I put Haerin down gently and closed the front door.

Haerin tilted her head a bit confused and shrugged.

"I'm a friend of Y/n's," The girl coldly responded.

"Friend?" Haerin turned to ask.

It seemed like she didn't believe her.

"I'm Hanni Pham. Who might you be?" The girl extended her hand out for a handshake.

"I'm Danielle. A friend of Haerin's," I politely shook her hand.

The girl shook my hand firmly and stared me down for a bit, before saying.... "I'm glad to see Haerin has friends!"

Her comment raised a red flag for me.

"That's a rude assumption. Why would you think Haerin doesn't have any friends?" I started to get defensive.

"I wasn't. I am just glad to hear that information," The girl coldly responded.

"Ummm, how about some coffee Ms. Pham?" Haerin suddenly interrupted.

"Ms. Pham?" I started to get suspicious.

I was starting to wonder what relationship this Ms. Pham had with Haerin and Y/n, for Haerin to be so trusting and respectful with her.

Haerin was always a nice and polite kid, but she'd tend to lose it a little when she felt unsafe. And it was clear, Haerin did not feel unsafe with her. So, what makes her so special.

Ms. Pham ended up making us dinner and some hot chocolate. She kept going on and on about how good Haerin and Y/n were doing on their own. At times, she'd get a bit judgmental or say things that seem more like orders, but Haerin acted like it was normal.

The whole situation was making me feel very curious and a bit uneasy. Until, I finally asked.....

"Are you Y/n's girlfriend?"

- Haerin POV -

"DANI!!!" My jaw dropped when Dani asked if Ms. Pham was Y/n's girlfriend.

"What?! You seemed to like her and trust. Plus, I saw her talking to Y/n before I got here. Sooo.....," Dani answered a bit awkwardly.

I took a deep breath a bit confused.

Yes, Ms. Pham was very friendly with Y/n, but I didn't see how that made her Y/n's girlfriend.

"I'm not Y/n's girlfriend. I'm nowhere near that," Ms. Pham coldly answered.

"Actually, Ms. Hanni is a social-

*DING, DONG*

The doorbell suddenly started to ring.

I looked Ms. Hanni a bit confused and she stepped up to look at who was at the door.

"Oh, it looks like Y/n's girlfriend!" Ms. Hanni exclaimed.

"Girlfriend?" I questioned.

As far as I knew, Y/n wasn't dating anyone and I didn't like the thought of Y/n dating anyone. I was Y/n's only priority and that's how I liked it.

"Yeah, the girl Y/n is always talking about," Ms. Pham tried to explain.

I took a deep breath, still confused, and walked up to see who was at the door.

"Ooohhh, it's just Minji unnie!" I sighed of relief.

Yes, Y/n always talked about Minji, but they were just friends. They were college friends and now coworkers, so I could see how people would get confused.

- Danielle POV -

I watched as Haerin opened the door to get another stranger, and was stunned to see how gorgeous the girl at the door was.

"I wouldn't be surprised if that was Y/n's girlfriend," I thought to myself.

It wasn't so much that Y/n was good looking, but they were very charismatic and caring. That's why girls always flooded in their direction. Which made it difficult to believe that Y/n had never actually dated anyone.

"Unnie, what are you doing here?!" Haerin seemed really excited to see Y/n's friend. While I was really surprised that Haerin called her 'Unnie'.

Haerin didn't give anyone special titles like that. She either called you by your name or was super formal with people.

"I came to drop off some Christmas gifts for next week. I'm still not sure if I'll be in town then, so I just wanted to make sure you two get your gifts!" Minji answered Haerin.

"Oh, you didn't have to. We didn't even get you anything in return," Haerin started to pout.

"It's okay!" Minji petted Haerin head.

It was odd, but Minji and Hanni seemed a little bit too closed to Haerin and Y/n. It was starting to make me jealous.

It seemed like there was a lot of things I still didn't know about Haerin.

I started to get a bit left out and started to grab my things, that's until Minji said.... "Oh, I even brought a gift for your friend Danielle!"

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: Should Haerin date Dani? Should Y/n date Minji or Hanni? >.<

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.3K 1.4K 18
What if time was the only thing that kept you from falling in love? (G!P) This is a bbangsaz adaption Ctto
23.5K 1.4K 20
I have men in suits protecting me, always willing to put their lives in danger to ensure my safety, but when they can't reach me, there's always one...
6.3K 445 14
Angst After Hanni and Minji spend a night together, Hanni is left to deal with the fall out, and a life-altering event, all alone as Minji changes he...
26K 1.3K 32
ʜᴇʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪs ᴀ ʀᴀᴢᴏʀ's ᴇᴅɢᴇ, ᴀ ᴛᴡɪsᴛᴇᴅ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴘᴏssᴇssɪᴏɴ. sʜᴇ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɢᴏ; sʜᴇ'ʟʟ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴀ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟʟʏ ᴛᴇʀʀɪғʏɪɴɢ ɴɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇ. __ [𝐘𝐚𝐧𝐝�...