you got me in love again

By lwilliamson685

When Marie flew to London with her best friend, she had no idea, she would soon meet the england captain, let... More

Prologue
First Meeting
Party
So good
Game Night
Farewell
Two Sides of one Story
Clarifying Conversations
Surprise
Glad
Time together
First Date
Goodbye for now
Time apart
Visit
One question and a confession
I will take care of her
Dinnertime
Plans
Early Birthday Present
Weak Knees
Meeting the family
Daydreams and Nightmares
Birthday Morning
Naughty
Birthday
Hungover
You didn't tell her?
19th April
Birthday Preparations
Garden Party

Thief

1.5K 28 2
By lwilliamson685

"Will you, do it?", Laura asks me while we eat breakfast the next morning.

"Do what?", I ask, while eating my oats.

"Call Leah.", she clarifies, and I almost choke on my meal. I totally forgot about this. I mean, I shoved it to the side.

I shake my head. "I don't know."

"You definitely should", she says and continues to eat her breakfast.

I'm not sure if I should. I obviously want to, but the whole situation feels a bit strange to me. Why did she write her number under the autograph? The only way to find out is to call her.

"Why not.", I finally decide and get a smile from Laura.

It is about 2 o'clock when I'm alone in our hotel room. Laura went out for a walk, she said she needed some fresh air, but I know, that she just wanted to make sure, that I call Leah.I'm sitting on my bed, my phone in one hand and the notepad in the other. I dial the number shaking.

"Here we go", I whisper to myself and take a deep breath. Then I hit 'Call'

Ring....Ring

"Williamson", it says.

"Hey, am I speaking with the thief of my edding?", I say and giggle nervously.

"I wouldn't say thief.", she laughs. God her laugh sounds amazing.

"More like I borrowed it", Leah adds."

Oh, I'm sorry. Am I speaking with the one who borrowed my edding?", I ask now. When did I become so courageous? I'm usually nothing like this, but something about her just makes it so easy.

"You are.", she sounds even bolder than I did. "And I would really like to give it back to you. We just have one problem.", she says.

"What?", I simply ask.

"I don't know the name, of who I borrowed it from."

I laugh now. "We can work on that.", I answer. "Rumor has it, that it's Marie.", I reveal.

"What a beautiful name.", she compliments. I feel that I'm starting to blush. What on earth does she do to me?

"Thank you. So, how does Marie get her edding back?", I ask.

"Maybe I could invite her to a coffee tomorrow? To make up for the inconvenience.", is she really asking me out right now? I shake my head. No, she is probably just being nice.

"Sounds great. Where and when?", I ask straight forward.

"3 pm? I send you the address. I have your number now at least.", she sounds so confident it's crazy.

"Sounds good. See you then.", I am amazed on how confident I am as well.

"Bye", she says before hanging up.

Am I dreaming? Do I have a fever? Laura definitely needs to pinch me. I will have coffee with Leah Williamson tomorrow.

Laura comes back to our room shortly after. I'm sitting on the bed, playing with my phone when the door opens. I look up but quickly look back on my phone. Even without looking, I can feel how her asking look burns through me.

"How was your walk? Did you get enough fresh air?" I start to tease her, still without looking in her direction.

"Oh, come on.," she sinks next to me on the bed. "You know, I didn't go because of that."

"You think I called her?" I look up now while trying to remain a poker face.

"Well, did you?" she tilts her head to the left.

"You really think I called Leah Williamson?" I ask.

She looks down. "You didn't, right?" she seems sad, so I decide to come out with the truth.

"Actually, I didn't chicken out this time.," I laugh, and Laura looks back up."I called her about 15 minutes ago. I asked her if she was the one who stole my edding. She actually thinks she borrowed it.", I laugh.

"And? Will you see her again?" Laura says as my phone beeps.

I look at it and see a WhatsApp. I open it and it shows an address and a message underneath 'Looking forward to see you there tomorrow :)'

"Tomorrow, 3 pm, she invited me for a coffee.", I say casually. Why am I even that relaxed?Laura starts grinning and just as she opens her mouth, I shut her. "Don't say anything please."

The next day arrives, and Laura and I stand in front of a tiny café near Tower Bridge. It looks very pretty from the outside.

"I will go now.," Laura will take a walk through a nearby park in the meantime. "Have fun on your date.," she makes fun of me.

I just roll my eyes. "It is not a date."

"Tell that someone else.," she hugs me shortly and then she's gone. I take a deep breath and feel my hands shaking and sweating. Oh God, don't fangirl Marie, it's just a coffee. Nothing more. Just act normal. Get yourself together for fucks sake.

I open the door to the café. It's cosy, the majority of the furniture is in a wooden, but somehow modern style and a lot of plants decorate the place. It's small but pretty. I look around and don't take long to recognise Leah, who already looks my way and smiles. She is dressed simple. A beige jumper on top of black skinny trousers. She wears a necklace and rings. Good, at least I'm not underdressed in my ruby-coloured hoodie and my jeans.

I walk over to her and sit down in front of her.

"Hi.," she smiles.

"Hi.," I reply and can't help but smile. She seems to have a magical influence on how I act.

I don't really know what to say to her, so I am really glad when a waitress is coming to our table. Leah orders a black coffee and I take a cappuccino. Our drinks come shortly after.

"So, you found your edding thief.," she says sipping on her coffee.

"I thought you weren't a thief?" I tilt my head to the side and smile softly.

"I might be guilty in this case.," she laughs lightly. "But it was for a good cause."

"Really?" I'm really curious what she means.

"Yeah, I wanted to see you again."

"Why?" I can't imagine why she would want to see exactly me again. I mean, I'm nothing special.

"You draw my attention.," she puts down her cup of coffee.

"I thought you were sympathetic."

"Me? Really?" I ask. "I'm nothing special.," I clarify.

"Let me judge this. So, I guess, since you wore an arsenal shirt, you- ", I cut her off. "I actually wore your shirt.," I confess looking down on the table.

"Confirms my theses. You know me.," I look back up and see her smiling.

"Yeah, I do. But I don't want you to think that I just called you because I know you. I somehow just- ", I sigh. "I wanted to see you again to.," I confess.

"Makes two of us.," she takes another sip. "Don't worry. I gave you my number so we're good.," she reassures me. "So, tell me about yourself."

"Nothing much to say. I'm 24, I come from Germany.", I begin.

"So, you don't live in London?" she asks, and I feel like she is really interested in me.

"Not even in England, sadly. My best friend and I are on holiday here."

"How long will you stay?" she questions.

"About one more week and a half.," I answer.

"Would you want to go to a party the day after tomorrow?", is she really asking me this? "Your friend can come to, of course, it's at Kim's house."

"You're asking me to come to a party with the arsenal team?" I ask in disbelief.

She nods. "And a few others, yes.," she laughs. "Only if you want to, of course.," Leah adds.

"I'll be there.," I instantly say.

She smiles again. "Great. Now tell me more about Marie, 24, from Germany.", she smiles at me again and we continue our conversation for about 2 more hours and about five more drinks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.1K 1K 21
falling in love with the lioness' captain Leah Williamson and playing at a home euros.
8.5K 231 16
This book is about a young girl called Emma, ​​she is 21, recently graduated in sports psychology. She is trying to get a job in London at a football...
16.5K 238 16
"This article would be huge, but I couldn't do that to her.. Could I?" Evelyn Sayers was just a plain journalist. Well, plain in her mind. She couldn...
68.2K 2.3K 33
Courtney is trying to find her way in the new city and a new way of life. Leah is trying to figure out where she fits in her club, in her team since...