It was always written โœ”๏ธ

By Aax_axxx

Sequel to 'Maybe it was never meant to be...' Follow Ayla's daughter, Alayna. Who's going through her hard hu... More

Dedication
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
๐Ÿ—ฃAnnouncement ๐Ÿ—ฃ
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Final A/N
Covers

Chapter 39

65 5 4
By Aax_axxx

Just a little pathetic ask: 

Can you please follow me so I can tick off one goal for this year? I know it sounds pathetic but if you could get me to 100 before the 1st. I will be so appreciative.

*

"I- I just don't understand Mikahil."

Morning visited them, blessing them both with another day together.

He gulped, closing his eyes. "I don't know how to explain."

She groaned in utter frustration, turning away from him.

They sat on opposite sides of the bed, their backs facing each other.

"Mikhail." He turned to look at her, yet she didn't spare him a glance.

"A woman asked me what sort of love you had for me if you decided to pack your bags and run. I too am beginning to question it." She had walked over to him, standing before the man she thought was her everything.

She pulled his chin up with her finger and looked into his eyes.

"What are you using me for, Mikhail Romanov?" He flinched upon hearing the name that had yet to haunt him for all of eternity.

"Am I a money-making cow? Am I your breeder to carry murderer blood on? Or am I a threat that you want to contain?"

"Alayna." He whispered, speechless with all the accusations thrown his way.

"What's wrong? Cat got your tongue? Have I figured out your game? Disappointed you didn't get to play with me for a bit longer." Her words felt bitter to him. To her, it had been an expected phenomenon.

"Alayna. I'm sorry, I love you so much."

"No Mikhail. No. Do you think I'm some sort of fucking idiot? Did you think you were able to keep playing me? Fucking me around? Let me remind you who I am. I am Alayna Khan, daughter of Ayla, before I am your wife. Remember that I might be everything to you, but you are just a man to me."

She slammed the door shut with immense force.

What was she supposed to do?

He was giving her lame excuses. She wanted to scream and bang her head against the wall. She wanted to cuss and curse until her throat ran dry.

Why did she go back? Everything was fine here. She was happy.

Why was her happiness forever short-lived? Why did she look for the bad in the good times?

Her legs were grabbed, nearly making her drop to the floor. Only for a giggle to soothe her panicked heart.

"Momma! I love you." He squealed. She smiled, her heart full of love she never knew she could have.

"Today is Mumma and Cihan's day. Just me and you the entire day." She told him, kneeling down and pulling him into her arms.

That was what the day consisted of laughs, love and adventure. They explored places they had never been to before, ate the foods they forever loved as their bond as mother and son grew that bit stronger.

Now, at the end of their exhausting day they sat on swings. With their last bouts of energy, she swung themselves, competing to see who would come closer to the sky.

As the last of their energy sizzled out, their swings slowed down substantially.

"Mum I missed you sooo much." The energetic boy stretched his arms as much as possible.

Alayna could only smile, she didn't wish to be separated from her son. Neither her husband, she had asked him to stay.

"So did I, my lion."

He roared in response making her light with laughter.

"Remember that I have always loved Cihan, please remember that."

*

As soon as they were close to their home, a feeling of dread washed over her.

Her gut told her to run with her son and to never turn back.

Her heart told her to carry on, for she may find something that will help her get to the bottom of all of this.

She couldn't help but push all the blame onto herself. Maybe if she hadn't remained so stoic to his love all those years, he may not have left her when she needed him.

She stood in front of the door to the family home she thought would never exist in her lifetime.

She slowly pushed the door open to be met with a stiff air. Something was terribly wrong. Her heart dropped as she ran opening all the doors looking for him.

This wasn't how it was supposed to end.

He's not supposed to die. We've barely lived together. We were meant to grow old and irritable together.

She couldn't see him anywhere. She went towards the garden, praying he was there and hadn't packed his bags again. 

Soon enough, her frantic eye caught sight of a figure sprawled on the floor.

She approached it with caution, signalling to her son to keep silent with a clear finger on her lips. 

She grabbed the rolling pin, that she had luckily left out in the morning. She got closer, sounds of sniffles and hiccups started to echo the small kitchen. 

Another step closer, his blonde hair came to light, the tufts of golden locks that once hadn't existed. 

She could his urgent gasps for more oxygen, and she stood at this crossroad. One part of her mind told her to fuck it and never turn back to him again, he had played her, fucked her over when she dropped the walls of defence. But the other half knew. It just knew something was amiss, that there was danger around the next corner. 

Her eyes drifted from him to see it. 

Broken shards of glass, the windows were broken. Their patio door was smashed, a bloody handprint imprinted, and a paper in her husbands hands. Scrunched it was at the edges, but it was undoubtedly a rose outlined in black. 

Her heart sunk. Her body felt heavy. She instantly went to where her son stood and scooped him into her arms. Walking back to the entrance of the house, the home they had tried so hard to build together. 

Everything was beginning to fall apart. 

Who knows if they even have until tomorrow.

She held him in her arms and as soon as she took her step outside the house, tears streamed. 

He sat weeping into a paper that turned his past back into his present. She stood cryijng with her son in her arms, afraid of what could happened, what monster she would have to become this time. Not to avenge but to protect. 

Protect the scattered pieces of her happiness, her family, her life. 

Her business hadn't yet recovered after the scandal. 

She wasn't going to recover after what was to unfold. 

Neither was he. 

That was the tragedy of it all. 

It was always written for their paths to cross as they did and now, probably, to part. 

Only they were leaving in pain, and with distaste in their minds about each other. 

If they were falling apart, nothing could really stop it. 

Except, shayad, a horribly disgusting fact, that would induce fear in their hearts like nothing they had ever been through.

A fact they should be comfortable with now, but a truth that everyone likes to ignore. 

We will all die.

******

☺️ Glad to see me?

Even after all this, dw I'm here to save the day

🧍🏽‍♀️<<-Just stood like that 👍

There WILL be a happy ending. 

How? 

Idk. But there will be, don't forget Alayna is Alayna. She'll find a way. She always does 😉

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

246K 16.7K 21
Naaz, tell me. Now you are making me nervous.....He asked. She saw him with teary eyes. And nod. She opens the door and takes him inside. Sidharth w...
895K 36.9K 103
Priya is an independent, beautiful Indian girl who flew to New York in order to escape from her obsessed villain. But she caught the eyes of Damon, a...
221K 1.2K 33
This is a mix of different animes that have smut in them