Blossoms Of Belongings

By XaillahDear

After years of separation, Jia embarks on a heartfelt journey to reunite with her long-lost biological family... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14

Part 10

40 2 0
By XaillahDear

Jia's POV

The next day I wake up early in the morning at my usual time. Mommy was still dozed off, so I went to the bathroom to do my morning routine and then went down stairs. It looks like I'm the one who stood up early, thus, I decided to prepare breakfast for them. When I'm done preparing,I heard steps from the stairs only to see my mom.

" Good morning mommy", I kissed her.

" Good morning anak, ang aga mo gumising, hindi na kita namalayan na tumayo sa kama. And you cooked breakfast?", she noticed the food on the dining area.

" Maaga po talaga akong gumising nasanay na po ako dahil sa daily training po namin sa swimming and yes po I made breakfast for everyone. Here's your coffee po, I don't know po what coffee do you like so I made black coffee because that's my favorite po and I think that's the perfect coffee for someone who have a busy day ahead", I gave her a cup of coffee.

" This is also my favorite coffee because I'm a morning person and it helps to energized me", she said.

" Oh gising na pala kayong dalawa, nakapagluto ka na Aiks? Magluluto pa lang sana ako", Lola Leni said when she went down.

" Naku ma hindi ako ang nagluto, si Jia, nadatnan ko na lang na may breakfast na sa dining table", my mom said while she kissed lola.

" Good morning po Lola, I made breakfast for everyone po since maaga po ako nagising, here's your black coffee", I greeted her with a kiss.

" Good morning din apo, you don't have to wake up early just to cook for breakfast", she hugged me.

" Okay lang po, I'm a morning person po talaga and sanay po akong gumising ng maaga because of my daily training sa swimming. Ako rin po ang nagluluto ng breakfast sa amin before po akong pumunta ng complex", I explained to them.

" Para ka rin palang mommy mo, such a morning person", she commented.

After a while, my two titas went down to the dining and we eat breakfast together.

" Ma pupunta pala kami ngayon kina Ate Gaile because she wants to meet Jia baka hanggang afternoon na kami ron", my mom said.

" Sige baka hanggang gabi pa naman ako sa office because of my meetings, marami pang gagawin sa office even it's weekend", Lola replied.

" I'll go ahead na mag ingat kayo ha and apo enjoy on your Tita Gaile's house. I'm sure excited na sina Natalia and Alonso na makilala ka", she said as she gave us hugs and kisses on forehead.

" Yes po and ingat din po kayo", we says goodbyes.

It was 9 am when we arrived at Tita Gaile's house, they welcomed us with a warm greetings.

" Aiks, siya na ba si Jia?", Tita Gaile turned to me.

" Yes, Ate Gaile this is Jia my daughter. Anak this is your Tita Gaile and Tito Howie and this is Natalia and Alonso,their kids", my mom said the introductions.

" Hello po, it's nice to finally meet you po", I greeted them.

" Hi, Jia welcome back, you don't know how our family misses you especially your mom, it's glad to have you back after so many years", Tita Gaile hugged me.

" Hi! Ate Jia", Natalia and Alonso said in chorus.

" Hello, you two are both so cute", the two kids giggled.

" Ate Jia let's go in the living room", Alonso held my hand.

The adults follows us on the living room.

" Ate Jia do you know how to play any instruments? Afo and I was playing guitar earlier. You want to jam with us, Tita Jill usually sing with us, right Tita Jill?", Natalia asked.

" Yes", Tita Jill replied.

" I used to play guitar, ukelele,violin and piano", I said which surprised everyone.

" Really? You can play all of those instruments, wow you are amazing", she said.

" Can you sing also?", Alonso asked.

" Yes, but I think I'm not good at it", I replied.

" Who is your favorite singer then?", Tita Jill asked me.

" Taylor Swift po", I answered.

"You are a Swiftie?", She added.

" I like her songs and I listen to it everyday, so technically I can say I'm a Swiftie", I chuckled.

" That's nice, hindi ka na namin pala kailangan ibrainwash cause your one of us,right Ate Trish, Ate Aiks?", Which made everyone laugh.

" Why don't you sing a Taylor swift song?", Tita Gaile suggested.

" Tita Jill can play the guitar, Afo and I will be on ukelele and Ate Jia can you play on the piano?", Natalia states.

" Of course, what song do you like ba?", I asked.

" What  about Cornelia street", Tita Jill suggested which we all nodded.

Tita Gaile and Mommy starts a video record on their own phones.

We start to play the intro, then Tita Jill started singing.

We were in the backseat
Drunk on something stronger than the drinks in the bar
"I rent a place on Cornelia Street"
I say casually in the car
We were a fresh page on the desk
Filling in the blanks as we go
As if the street lights pointed in an arrowhead
Leading us home

Natalia and Afo sing the chorus.

And I hope I never lose you, hope it never ends
I'd never walk Cornelia Street again
That's the kind of heartbreak time could never mend
I'd never walk Cornelia Street again

And baby, I get mystified by how this city screams your name
And baby, I'm so terrified of if you ever walk away
I'd never walk Cornelia Street again

It was my time to sing the second verse and when I started singing they looked shocked as if they were surprised at my voice.

Windows swung right open, autumn air
Jacket 'round my shoulders is yours
We bless the rains on Cornelia Street
Memorize the creaks in the floor
Back when we were card sharks, playing games
I thought you were leading me on
I packed my bags, left Cornelia Street
Before you even knew I was gone

But then you called, showed your hand
I turned around before I hit the tunnel
Sat on the roof, you and I

We sang the chorus together.

I hope I never lose you, hope it never ends
I'd never walk Cornelia Street again
That's the kind of heartbreak time could never mend
I'd never walk Cornelia Street again

And baby, I get mystified by how this city screams your name (city screams your name)
And baby, I'm so terrified of if you ever walk away
I'd never walk Cornelia Street again

They let me play the bridge on the piano.

You hold my hand on the street
Walk me back to that apartment
Years ago, we were just inside
Barefoot in the kitchen
Sacred new beginnings
That became my religion, listen

I hope I never lose you
I'd never walk Cornelia Street again
Oh, never again

And baby, I get mystified by how this city screams your name
And baby, I'm so terrified of if you ever walk away
I'd never walk Cornelia Street again

I don't wanna lose you, hope it never ends
I'd never walk Cornelia Street again
I don't wanna lose you, yeah

Then I sang the last part.

"I rent a place on Cornelia Street"
I say casually in the car

We all applauded on what we did.

" You have a very angelic voice Jia", Tita Jill praised me.

" Tita Jill's right Ate Jia, you said you're not good at singing but we heard the opposite. You are very talented", Natalia added.

" Kaya nga, you are passionate on music like your mom. Do you know she also play classical piano and she is a very religious one on playing back then", Tita Gaile commented.

" Talaga po? I also love classical music", I replied.

" I think nagmana ka talaga kay Ate Aiks when it comes to music but definitely not your voice. She wasn't a good singer", Tita Pat butt in.

" Talaga lang Patty harap-harapan mo talagang sinabi sakin yan", my mom bantered.

" Ganun talaga Ate Aiks, truth hurts", Tita Jill teased.

" Isa ka pa", my mom glared at my titas which made everyone laughs.

" If hindi mo po namana yung good voice mo kay Ninang Aika then baka po sa daddy niyo po namana. Like us po ni Ate Nat, Dad was more good at singing than Mom. Where is your Dad po ba? We don't know him yet po eh?", my mom and titas was surprised on what Alonso states.

" Afo! you don't ask like those questions ", Tita Gaile stopped Alonso.

I looked at my mom but she averted her eyes.

" Let's eat na, we've prepared foods on the dining area, let's go", Tito Howie invites us on the dining.

When we were eating Tita Jill talks about a new topic to change the mood of the surrounding. I can sense the quietness of my mom all through out the conversation. It was past 5 in the afternoon when we arrived at the condo. Now, I am here at the balcony to get some fresh air and to watch the sunset on the busy streets of Quezon City.

" Oh Jia bakit mag isa ka lang dito?", Tita Pat appeared on my side.

" Wala lang po, nagpapahangin lang and pinapanood po ang sunset", I replied while looking at the skies.

" Are you sure yun lang ang reason wala nang iba?", she was implying on something.

"  To be honest po,I was thinking lang po about doon sa sinabi ni Alonso earlier. About my real father. Simula po kasi ng mahanap niyo ko wala pong nabanggit si Mommy about my Dad. I was just curious. Do you know him po ba Tita Pat? Like, what's his name? Where is he or bakit po hindi niya kasama si mommy na naghanap sa kin? Or does he ever know that I exist?", A lot of questions are in my head right now.

" Uhmm.. Jia I'm not in the right position to answer your questions, only Ate Aiks can tell you, you can ask your mom if you want", Tita Pat said.

" Pero wala po akong lakas ng loob para tanungin siya. I can sense na that topic was too sensitive to her. I saw the pain and sadness on mommy's eyes earlier when Afo mentioned my Dad. Ayaw ko naman po siyang ipressure", I stated.

" But that's the only way to answer your questions. Your mom was the only person who can tell about your real father. You could've ask Ate Aiks in regards to that."

" You could've ask me what?", I heard my mom behind Tita Pat.

" I think you need to talk about something, I'll leave the two of you", Tita Pat smiled at me.

" You want to ask something anak?", Mommy tilted her head.

" Ahmm.. regrading po sana on what Afo said earlier about my real father", her face has no emotion.

"You want to know him?", My mom asked.

" Yes po, but if you're not comfortable being asked about him, okay lang po", I said.

" I'm sorry anak", my mom apologized.

" For what po? wala po kayong kasalanan sa kin, kung di pa po kayo ready, I'll wait po", I said.

" To be honest anak, hindi ko rin alam kung nasaan ang Daddy mo ngayon. I don't know if he's alive or not. 15 years na ang nakaraan nang huli kaming magkita and we don't have any communication anymore.

" 15 years po? So that means he doesn't even know that I exist", I commented.

" Isang araw nawala na lang siyang parang bula nang hindi man lang nagpaalam sa kin. Noong araw na dapat sasabihin ko na sa kanya na buntis ako sayo, hindi siya sumipot. Hinanap ko siya pero wala talaga. Hanggang isang araw sabi ng isang kaibigan namin nasa U.S na daw siya and hindi nila alam kung kailan siya babalik", my mom told while trying to contain herself.

" Ikaw na lang ang huling alaala ko sa daddy mo. Kaya sinabi ko noon na aalagaan at bubuhayin kita dahil ikaw ang naging simbolo ng pagmamahalan namin ng daddy mo. Nawala man siya sakin, dumating ka naman sa buhay ko. Kaya noong nawala ka gumuho ang mundo ko. Lagi kong tinatanong noon sa sarili ko kung ano bang nagawa kong masama para ilayo sakin ang mga taong mahal ko una ang daddy mo, ikaw tas ang lolo mo naman. Pero ngayon alam ko na ang sagot. Dahil sa mga pinagdaanan ko naging matapang at matatag ako. The dots seemed to connect now. Kung bakit nangyari ang mga nangyari.", Mommy states her litanies and then I hugged her.

" Don't worry mommy, hindi na po ako mawawala sa inyo I promise that. I love you!", I said.

" Thank you anak, I'm sorry if hindi ko agad sinabi sayo and I love you too!", We embraced each other tightly.

" Hayss.. tama na po ang drama ang importante po ngayon ay magkasama na tayo", I said.

The Next day…..

" Jia, ready ka na? Tara na para di tayo matraffic papuntang mall", Tita Pat stated.

" Yes po, mommy alis na po kami ni Tita Pat", I said goodbye.

" Ok, ingat kayo ha. Patty ikaw na bahala kay Jia", mommy instructed.

" Yes Ate Aiks, don't worry ako na bahala dito", Tita Pat ruffles my hair.

"Tita magugulo po yung buhok ko", I complained.

" Sige na, baka maabutan pa kayo ng traffic and enjoy okay", we bid our goodbyes.

At the mall….

" Tita saan po muna tayo?", I asked.

" Sa may department store muna tayo may need lang ako bilhin", Tita Pat answered.

" Tita pwede po bang pumunta lang po ako dun sa kabilang section, may need lang din po akong bilhin?", I said.

" Okay sige, pagkatapos ko dito puntahan na lang kita doon. Wag kang lalayo ah", Tita Pat said.

" Copy Tita", I replied.

I went to the other section and while searching for something, there were children running and suddenly bumped into one of the shelves in the store, causing it to fall on me. I ward off my hand but someone saves me swiftly. 

" Miss, are you okay?"The man asked me.

" Ahmm.. yes po thank you po for saving me", I said.

" Welcome, are you sure you okay?"The man asked with his concerned eyes.

" Sorry po", the children apologized.

" It's okay, next time be careful na lang", I replied.

" Thank you po ulit, Mr …", I turned to the man.

" Jake, are you hurt somewhere?", he looks at me .

" No, I'm fine po", I answered.

" Okay that's good to hear Ms…", he said.

" Jianna po, but you can call me Jia ", I said.

" Jia, a very nice name, but I'm sorry I'm in a hurry, I have to go", he said.
" Thank you po ulit, I hope we meet again", we shook hands together before he left.

" Jia, sino yung kausap mo kanina", Tita Pat asked behind me.

" Someone who saved me earlier po", I answered.

" Saved? Why? What happened?", She asked.

" May mga bata po kasi kanina na nagtatakbuhan and then nabangga po nila yung isang shelf at muntik ng matumba po sakin, buti na lang naiiwas po ako nung lalaki kanina", I told the whole story.

" Are you hurt?", Tita Pat asked me worriedly.

" I'm fine po Tita, don't worry", I replied.

" Are you sure? Patay ako sa mommy mo kung may mangyari sayong masama", she stated which I nodded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1K 2.9K 39
Let's start the story from where Meerub left home.... now living with this new set of people and Murtasim thinks she left with Rohail and is searchin...
9.3K 151 12
TIME SERIES #01 (UNDER REVISION) In the aftermath of a heartbreak that left my spirit shattered, I found myself wandering through the debris of shatt...
79K 3.4K 30
Two families who have been friends for over a decade decides to strengthen their ties through a marriage alliance. What happens when the bride goes m...
114K 1.4K 60
Lexi gets reunited with a best friend from preschool, and guess who it is? Both of their parents break the news of an arranged marriage. Lexi and Nia...