Part 5

It was close to sunset when the celebration ended and it is also the time for them to tell Jia the truth about her true identity. They all agreed to do the chores first before they settled down and discuss it. While, they are all busy cleaning up the house and the dishes, Ana ask Jia to get something in her room. It was late when she realized that the box containing the evidence of Jia's identity was on her table. She immediately went to her room where she saw Jia holding the things inside the box. 

"Jia…", Ana muttered.

" Tita what's all of this, why do you have this?", Jia asked confusedly.

" Let me explain…", Ana didn't know how to start.

" EXPLAIN WHAT!!", Jia started to raise her voice which catch the attention of her family and the Robredo sisters outside the room.

JIA'S POV

Tita Ana asked me to get something in her room. As I walked to her room my attention was caught by a wooden box on her table. At first, I was hesitant to open it because it wasn't mine at the first place. However, my curiosity gets through in me and I felt some connections on that box. I was shocked when I open it. The box contains a pink newborn clothing and a swaddle with a hand embroided name Jianna Elize. Together with it was a hospital baby tag under a name of Jianna Elize Robredo. I was confused on why my Tita have all of this things and why I have a namesake of a Robredo. Then I saw a baby picture of mine with a letter on the back of it.

October 2005

   One day after nang naganap na lindol, nakauwi na kami sa Cavite. Jianna Elize Robredo ang pangalan ng baby na ito. Nakita ko siya sa nursery room noong araw nang lindol. Kinuha ko siya at pinalabas na siya ang pamangkin ko matapos mamatay ng tunay kong pamangkin. Alam kong hinahanap siya ngayon ng pamilya niya pero wala akong lakas ng loob para ibalik siya sa kanila. Ayaw kong masaktan ang kapatid ko kaya mas pipiliin kong itago siya sa tunay niyang pamilya. Sana mapatawad ako ng pamilya Robredo sa ginawa kong ito lalo na si Aika dahil ipagkakait ko sa kanya ang kanyang anak. Pinili kong huwag ibahin ang pangalan ng bata para madali siyang makilala ng kanyang tunay na ina. Alam kong darating ang panahon na lalabas ang totoo sana mapatawad niyo ko sa ginawa ko pagdating ng panahon na iyon.

Ana Hernandez

Tears suddenly came running down my cheeks as I read the letter. I am not the daughter of my parents and I am a Robredo, those are the thoughts that run through my mind. I came back to my senses when Tita entered the room, she looked nervous and shocked when she saw me holding those things.

"Jia…", Tita Ana muttered.

" Tit-a what's all of  this, wh-y do you have this?", I asked confusedly.

" Le-t me explain…", Tita Ana didn't know how to start.

" EXPLAIN WHAT!!", I started to raise my voice. Then my parents walked in together with the Robredo sisters.

" Explain what Tita na hindi niyo ko kadugo ganun ba?, Na inilayo niyo ako sa tunay kong pamilya para pamalit sa namatay niyong pamangkin!",my tears were continuously running down my cheeks.

" Jia anak let us explain", mama said.

" Ano pa po bang explanation ang ibibigay niyo sakin nabasa ko na po ang letter ni Tita. Simula ng kinuha niya ko sa nursery room noong araw na lumindol hanggang sa pinalabas niya akong tunay nyong anak,alam ko na po ang lahat!", they all remained silent.

" Jia anak", Ms. Aika stated and then she sat beside me to give me a sidehug.

It was like music in my ear when she called me anak. I am comfortable with the feeling she was gaving me and the kiss on my forehead, it's just like it calms me. But I'm emotionally confused right now, I didn't know what should I feel at this moment. I want to run from all of this.

" I'm sorry po", I said as I loosen from her hug and then runaway from all of them.

" Jia!!", I heard Tita Ana called my name but I didn't bother to turn around. I just want to be alone right now.

Ana's POV

Jia didn't bother to turn around when I called her, I understand where she is coming from.

"Tita, ako na po ang bahala kay Jia susundan ko po siya. Isang lugar lang po ang pwede niyang puntahan at kakausapin ko po siya. I'm sure nagulat lang po siya and she will realize it rin po eventually. Iuuwi ko po siya ligtas, promise po", Dan said.

" Sige iho ikaw na ang bahala kay Jia, ikaw ang mas nakakakilala sa kanya maliban sa min salamat", my sister told to Dan and he nodded.

" Ahhmmm I think we need to go na rin po babalik na lang po kami pag handa na pong makipag usap si Jia, let's go Ate Aiks", Tricia said while looking to her Ate who is staring blankly now.

"Ah si-ge will go ahead na po,thank you", Aika gave us a short smile.