Rioting Hearts

By HDGomez0

Interspecies relationships have been outlawed for centuries. So, what are Lycans Julie and her best friend, X... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one

Chapter Eight

4 1 0
By HDGomez0

When the LPD had everyone's statements, they left, leaving only me and Xoana. We sat in my living room, and she stared at my broken door before her eyes found mine. Worry once again, filling them. As much as I loved Xoana and appreciated her protectiveness, I hated that she felt the need to be my keeper.

Then again, it was my fault she was the way she was. For so long, I let people push me around, never feeling the need to fight back. Even after Ome appeared. I made myself the damsel in distress, but now I was ready to shed that awful skin. I'm no damsel and was surely tired of being in distress. Ome growled in delight at the new view I had of myself.

"Hey, how about you come to my place tonight? You can stay in my extra bedroom. For as long as you want, Jay." She was smiling, but the concern in her eyes was evident.

"No, I'm good, Xo. But thanks for the offer. I just want to get to bed and sleep."

"Jay, the bolt and doorknob are lying on the floor. How the hell are you going to stay here without being able to lock the door? Please, stay with me for tonight. What if he comes back? He'll be able to walk right in." Her hands took mine, squeezing them lightly.

I didn't mean to snicker, but it slipped. "I'll be fine. The sofa will be against the door for now. It's not like the door was ripped off its hinges. I just won't be able to lock it. Antonio won't come back, at least not tonight. The LPD said they'll have some patrol cars downstairs, just in case. Even if he is a council member's son, drunk, and pissed off, he won't risk anything again. The LPD won't interfere the first time, but he'd force their hand with a second." I shrugged. "He's an asshole, but not stupid."

She let out a defeated sigh. "Fine, but if anything, and I mean any fucking thing, happens, call me. Okay?"

"I will. You know I will. Don't worry, Xo. I called you the first time, didn't I?" I smiled.

"Yeah, you did." She smiled back. "Well, stay safe. I gotta get back to Mercy and Neron. I'm sure they're dying to know what the hell just went on." Her tone was free and easy, but the side look she gave me was waiting for a reaction.

"Whoa, Mercy? And Neron? We need to do some major catching up." I laughed.

"I'll pop on by tomorrow after work then. Same place as always?" Her nose scrunched up with the smile she gave me.

"Of course," I replied happily.

After a last hug, she was out. I blocked my door with my sofa as promised. It might not keep a giant Lycan out, but it would keep other intruders from waltzing in, and that was all the assurance I needed. I was able to handle Antonio moments ago, so I knew I would easily be able to again. The smile that formed across my face couldn't be helped.

Regardless of this newfound and intoxicating confidence, as I lay in bed, the events that had transpired earlier kept replaying in my mind, making it difficult to fall asleep. I grabbed my phone off the bedside table, wanting to play some of the games I had, hoping they would bore me enough to let me drift off into a deep sleep. Just as they did, an erratic knock came at my front door.

In a panic, I jolted up on my bed. My heart raced, and all signs of sleep had disappeared. He couldn't be back so soon and wouldn't dare; I was sure of it. I stood up as another knock, a softer one, sounded. Steadily and quietly, I went to the door, climbing over the sofa to look out of the peephole.

A breath left me as the smell of his cologne filled my nose, instantly relaxing me. He stood there patiently yet anxiously waiting for me to answer. His head hung low with a hand resting on the door frame. My lips formed a smile. Hopping off the sofa, I pushed it away from the door, opened it, and stepped aside for him. His eyes roamed over my body.

"Emory, what are you doing here? I thought you had some work to do at the club." My brows furrowed in confusion.

"I did, but Neron called me and told me that Xoana was on her way here because your ex had shown up. I needed to make sure that you were okay. I needed to see you with my own eyes." He traced my body with his eyes, stopping at each cut and bruise on my body.

"Stop it. All of this will be healed by morning. I know they look bad, but they're not. You don't need to worry about me, Emory. I'm not a fragile human being." I teased.

Wanting to take my word for it, he forced one himself. "Neron texted me after the fact. He said that Xoana told him you kicked his ass. She told him you tackled him harder than a three-hundred-pound linebacker. I'm impressed." He finally stood erect and placed his hands in his pockets. He was trying to regain his composure.

"I'm pretty sure that she was slightly exaggerating." I chuckled. Even though I had told Xoana I wanted to be alone tonight, having him here already, making him leave, didn't feel right. Having him here made me feel stronger, braver, and safe. "Emory?"

"Yeah?"

"Would you like to stay the night? I know you didn't want to do anything, and we don't have to, but...." My weight shifted from one leg to the other, and I bit down on my bottom lip.

"Are you sure?" He took a cautious step forward.

"I told Xo I wanted to be alone, but I just can't seem to shut off my mind." I could feel Ome prancing in the back of my mind in glee.

"If that's what you want, Juliet. I don't want you to feel pressured into having me here." His voice was soft and reassuring.

"You can call me Julie, and I'm sure." The air in my lungs clung to my throat as I watched him again enter my home. Without question, he helped me push my sofa against the door to keep it shut. "I'm calling maintenance tomorrow so they can come by and fix it." My cheeks burned with embarrassment.

The moment we entered my bedroom, Ome paced back and forth in my mind. She was begging me to let her free, to mark him. To solidify the mate bond. She was usually the calmer one of us two, but tonight, she was restless. Emory's scent alone was driving the both of us feral, and I wasn't sure how much longer I'd be able to keep Ome at bay and keep her from branding him as ours. We stood at the end of the bed, and the adrenaline pumped through my veins. My core throbbed with want.

"Hey," his voice was soft, but his eyes burned brightly against the darkness that swallowed my room. He wanted me just as badly as we wanted him.

"Earlier, you told me to tell you what I wanted, right?" I interrupted.

"Of course."

"I know I said we didn't have to do anything tonight, but I want you, Emory. All of you. Please." His pupils dilated at my words.

"If you want to stop at any time, say the word. Understood?" His body pressed against mine.

"Yes." I breathed.

He grabbed me by the thighs and lifted me to his waist without hesitation. Pressing his soft, cool lips to mine and placing my body on the bed as if I were made of porcelain, on the verge of breaking.

"Emory, you don't have to be afraid of handling me. I won't break." My legs tightened around his waist, and my fingers dug into his skin. My body shivered when a slight growl rumbled in his throat.

"Sorry," he chuckled, "I've only ever been with other vampires. I don't know what your kind can handle. You all resemble a human in so many ways." His fingers caressed my arm as he studied me.

"Then let me show you what we can do." I flashed him a mischievous grin. Ome yipped in excitement, wanting to be a part of this as much as possible. So, I let her join. My nails and canine teeth grew pointed and more extended. Ome could now see and feel everything I could, and we moved together.

I pulled him onto my body, ripping his shirt apart as he tore mine, too, exposing our heaving chests to each other. My nails dug into his arms, forcing another growl from him through gritted teeth. His fangs were out and just as sharp.

Our hearts beat to the same rhythm; our breaths continued to speed up rapidly. My slit begged for more. I needed him inside of me, filling me... fucking me. His cock pressed against his dark jeans wanting to be let out, so I let it. Pushing them down to reveal his erection.

"Fuck me." I panted. "Now," I demanded.

He ripped my lace shorts, only to take a step back. His eyes looked me over, and his jaw ticked. "You're beautiful." He whispered before kneeling and pushing my legs apart.

I hissed as his fang ran across my inner thigh and again when his tongue made contact with my clit. The more he lapped at my sweet juices, the louder my moans became. My hand pulled at his hair; my hips moved against his lips accordingly. My back arched on its own as I got closer to coming into his mouth, and he knew it, too.

His tongue moved faster until the knot in my stomach finally had no choice but to unravel. Yells of pure ecstasy bounced from wall to wall. My hands tore at the sheets, my toes curled, and my body tensed. Just as the feeling faded, he entered my already throbbing slit. He was thrusting into me, faster and harder each time. It wasn't until he leaned closer to my ear that I noticed he was holding back his growls.

"It's okay," I breathed, "you don't have to hide anything from me." What came next was very much unexpected but craved.

"Mmmaaattteee!" He hissed. His eyes burned brighter than ever, his lips pulled back, and instinctively, I turned my head to the side. Exposing my neck to him, yearning for his mark.

My nails bore into his skin as his fangs tore into mine, making me come for a second time. When he released me, there was fear in his eyes. It wasn't his intention to mark me so soon, not tonight, but there was no stopping. Ome was in control now and nothing would stop her from marking what was rightfully ours. Sealing the mate bond was all that mattered.

Before he could even fathom what was happening, we had flipped him onto his back, straddling him, riding him. We were digging our nails into his chest. The fear in Emory's eyes was gone and replaced with lust; his fingers dug into our waist as we moved, slowly and passionately at first. As the minutes continued, we became faster, rougher, and more animalistic. Then, in the same manner, we were ready to mark him, too.

"Mmmaaattteee!" She howled, and just as we had intuitively turned our heads for him, Emory turned his for us. Ome plunged our fangs into the soft skin between his neck and shoulder. It was his turn to unravel now.

He cursed under his breath as we bit down harder. At that moment, everything around us disappeared. We were no longer in my bedroom but floating in another otherworldly spiritual existence. It was as if our souls were soaring to one another, and with a blinding light, they intertwined, becoming one.

Just as quickly as the world had gone, it reappeared. We were back in my bedroom, on my bed. Ome had reduced herself back into our mind, and she was just as spent as I was but content with everything that had happened only moments ago. None of us dared to speak first.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 623 10
Witches. Most were eradicated during The Big Cleansing years ago. Those alive now hide amongst the monsters of the world: vampires, werewolves, and t...
40 0 14
Long ago, vampires And werewolf's had one common enemy... Lycans with their unruly temper nearly slaughtering both Species into nonexistence. Who w...
119K 4.1K 47
Mates. They were supposed to be your perfect match. Well, biologically, anyway. Lycans are paired at birth with a person deemed to be their perfect...
153K 4.7K 42
I could feel its presence from behind me. I tried walking faster, but I could feel it slowly pacing near me. I turned around, expecting a dark, hide...