serendipity. | Taylor Swift

By talesofely

serendipity [n.] - the gift of finding valuable or beautiful things without the need to look for it. Serendi... More

Veilleux-Lewis + Swift
01
02
03
04
NOT AN UPDATE
05
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
14 (Part 2)
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24

06

1.8K 87 14
By talesofely

"A record shop?" Taylor asked with her brows furrowed, again. She seems to be doing that a lot today. Wynter was just so hard to read.

Clyde held the door open for them, waiting for them to enter. Taylor felt Wynter's hand on the small of her back, gently pushing her inside.

Taylor looked around, taking in the sight of the multiple vinyls around them. On the right side of the shop, there were three soundproof booths where you could play the vinyls.

"Remember Mr. Brown's record shop back in PA?" Wynter asked, admiring Taylor's side profile. Her hand was still on Taylor's lower back.

"The one we always went to after class?" Taylor finally faced her, remembering exactly what Wynter was talking about.

"Yeah," she nodded and turned so she was also looking at the records around them. "This was the only record shop that gave me that same comforting feeling. Plus, the owner is as kind as Mr. Brown."

They went around the small shop, pointing out familiar vinyls they've listened to before.

When Wynter saw one of Taylor's debut vinyl, she immediately used it to tease the singer. Taylor rolled her eyes at her,  told her to put it back and forget about it.

They ended up in one of the booths, listening to a vinyl of Elvis Presley's Can't Help Falling in Love.

"Remember when we used to slow dance to this?" Taylor asked with a small smile. She was staring directly at Wynter, watching her intently. They were sitting beside each other on two bar stools in the booth.

Wynter didn't meet Taylor's gaze though. She kept her eyes on the turntable as she nodded in response.

"Mhm. When you wanted— sorry, needed to practice before you go on that date with that bloke back in eight grade. That blonde guy who plays football? Don't know what you saw in him honestly." Wynter scoffed and rolled her eyes, still not meeting Taylor's gaze.

"Well, want to dance with me again?" Taylor asked softly, catching the younger girl in surprise.

Wynter had to stop herself from agreeing immediately when Taylor asked. Her smile faltered when she saw that Taylor wasn't even looking at her. She was busy responding to Calvin's text, her boyfriend.

"You gotta go?" Wynter asked, still avoiding the blondes gaze.

Taylor hesitated to tell the truth. She wanted to stay and spend more time with Wynter, but Calvin is asking to see her. She bit her lip in thought, contemplating if she should stay just a teeny bit longer. I mean, Calvin would understand, right?

The younger girl noticed her hesitation, waiting for any response from Taylor. Anything, just to give Wynter a push of confidence to ask her to stay longer.

However, Taylor just stayed silent, nibbling on her bottom lip. The brunette took the silence as an answer and nodded understandingly.

"The song's over, let's go?" Wynter smiled as she stood up and walked over to the turntable. Taylor just sat there, staring at Wynter's backside then back at her phone.

Calvin❤️ : Just come home babe.

"I'm sorry." Taylor murmured, looking up from her phone. She still hasn't stood up yet, it was as if her body doesn't want to leave even if her brain was telling her to get the fuck home.

Wynter turned to face Taylor, furrowing her brows at her in confusion.

"Why are you apologizing?" The brunette asked as she was placing the vinyl back in its case. "It's fine, Tay, really. I understand, okay? Plus, it's not like we won't be seeing each other again soon."

Wynter's smile gave Taylor a sense of solace that she hasn't felt since 2003.

The two friends left the shop, fingers intertwined. Wynter insisted on staying behind to not trouble Taylor on having to bring her back to her place. According to the brunette, her driver was on his way to pick her up anyways.

Taylor was really just trying to find an excuse to spend more time with Wynter. They're apparently not on the same page.

Wynter's car arrived a few minutes after Taylor left. She thanked Tom, her driver, when he got out of the driver's and opened the passenger door for her. Clyde then went in the driver's seat of her Porsche with a mischievous smirk.

"Enjoyed your 'friendly' date, Wyn?" Clyden asked teasingly, earning a glare from his boss.

"Oh fuck off, will you?" Wynter scoffed, connecting her phone to the car's bluetooth.

"Carrying her bag? Holding her hand? Taking her to your sanctuary that you haven't even brought your own brother to? With all due respect ma'am, your gay ass should hide in a better closet."

"I will seriously fire you, Clyden Kace Ford. Shut the fuck up."

"You won't." Clyden grinned confidently as his employer rolled her eyes at him.

Wynter randomly clicked on a playlist and Back to December by Taylor started playing. She groaned and skipped the song, glaring at Clyde who was trying his hardest not to laugh while driving. Much to Wynter's annoyance, he couldn't stop himself from laughing any longer when Starting Over Again by Natalie Cole started playing. Wynter wordlessly flipped him off and just played a random song by Chase Atlantic.

________________

"She's just so confusing. One second she's flirting with me and giving me hope, then one second she's talking about her boyfriend and reminds me I'm just a friend again." Wynter huffed as she punched the punch mitts Wade was wearing.

The eldest Lewis was forcefully invited by his sister to spar, which he knew was Wynter's excuse to talk his ear off.

"Well, I mean, you really are just her friend-" Wade winced in pain when Wynter landed a particularly hard punch just as he was speaking.

"Oops, sorry." The CEO mumbled flatly, a barely noticeable pout was present on her face.

"I don't remember you being this strong- were you pulling your punches this entire time?!"

Wynter just shrugged in response to her brother and just continued punching.

"Does she remember it?" Wade suddenly asked after a few minutes of just the sound of the punching glove hitting the punch mitts and Wynter's huffs.

Wynter's punches faltered for a second, before she stopped fully. She bit her lower lip in contemplation, looking down at her feet.

"I don't know. Maybe? I mean, she remembers us dancing to practice for her date. If she remembers that she must remember-"

"Or maybe not. She didn't mention dancing that night, right? I'm assuming she didn't bring up anything about that week, either?" Wade asked, raising a brow at her sister. When Wynter nodded timidly, he sighed and continued, "So you're just trying to convince yourself that she didn't forget about your friendship and that it means as much to her as it means to you."

Wynter hates the fact that her brother is right. She didn't tell him that, of course. Instead she sighed and took off her boxing gloves, before walking out of the ring.

"Whatever, Maverick. M'glad you came." Wynter mumbled as she took two water bottles from a bench. Wade chuckled as he jumped off the ring too, catching the water bottle his sister threw at him.

"Thanks. It'd really kill you to say Thank you or even Please, huh? You always have your own way of saying it."

Wynter rolled her eyes at him, throwing her empty water bottle at his head.

"Oh fuck off." Wade knew there was a hazel colored pair of eyes glaring at the side of his head when he caught the empty bottle. Especially when he heard her sister's famous scoff.

"Hey, you owe me a trip to a firing range. I dealt with your obsession with punching things, you gotta deal with my obsession with shooting things next." Wade said, throwing his sister a towel he brought knowing she always forgets hers.

"Go deal with your father's obsession with hitting balls next." Wynter replied with a snort, catching the towel easily.

"Blegh. Hey, he's your father too. Plus Maximus can handle it, he's your dad's golden child remember." With the two siblings trying to hold in their laughter, they didn't notice the text on both their phones.

"Oh of course, the golden and magical offspring of Frederick the dick and Michelle the bitch." Wynter said in a very sarcastic way, obviously mocking the older couple and their son.

"Yeah, and that's why you should ask Taylor out again tomorrow." Wade suddenly said, changing the conversation so casually Wynter almost didn't notice.

"What gave you the idea that I won't?" Wynter smirked before walking to the showers of the private training room, leaving her brother there baffled. He knew his sister was bold, but not this bold. He considers it stupidity, honestly.

"You're unbelievable." Wade chuckled in disbelief, shaking his head as he made his way to the showers as well.

_________________

note :

heeyyaaaa !! merry christmas to those who celebrate it !!
sorry for the late upload, i was busy with christmas & all that shit. I'm currently on my knees, begging for y'all's forgiveness :(

not proofread, btw. pls enjoyyyy!

— sincerely, ely ! ★

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 37.2K 56
serendipity: an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident; finding something good without looking for it.
3K 114 24
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒄𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒚 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕, 𝑨𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒏𝒂" Y/N has always been a huge fan of...
5K 184 17
"Did you have to do this? I was thinking that you could be trusted" -Taylor Swift ================== It's been two years since Hunter betrayed Y/N. T...
3.6M 92.7K 163
G!P you/also dominant you. Definition of G!P: you're a girl...and you got a dick __ You're in a band named Serendipity with your three friends Natal...