Lay Me Down

By Thischickisbomb

Lizzie had been forced to sleep with men for as long as she can remember to support her mom and stepdad's rag... More

Lay Me Down Chapter 1
Lay Me Down Chapter 2
Lay Me Down Chapter 3
Lay Me Down Chapter 4
Lay Me Down Chapter 5
Lay Me Down Chapter 6
Lay Me Down Chapter 7
Lay Me Down Chapter 8
Lay Me Down Chapter 9
Lay Me Down Chapter 10
Lay Me Down Chapter 11
Lay Me Down Chapter 12
Lay Me Down Chapter 13
Lay Me Down Chapter 14
Lay Me Down Chapter 15
Lay Me Down Chapter 16
Lay Me Down Chapter 17
Lay Me Down Chapter 18
Lay Me Down Chapter 19
Lay Me Down Chapter 20
Lay Me Down Chapter 21
Lay Me Down Chapter 22
Lay Me Down Chapter 23
Lay Me Down Chapter 24
Lay Me Down Chapter 25
Lay me Down Chapter 26
Lay Me Down Chapter 27
Lay Me Down Chapter 28
Lay Me Down Chapter 29
Lay Me Down Chapter 30
Lay Me Down Chapter 31
Lay Me Down Chapter 32
Lay Me Down Chapter 33
Lay Me Down Chapter 34
Lay Me Down Chapter 35
Lay Me Down Chapter 36
Lay Me Down Chapter 37
Lay Me Down Chapter 38
Lay Me Down Chapter 39
Lay Me Down Chapter 40
Lay Me Down Chapter 41
Lay Me Down Chapter 42
Lay Me Down Chapter 43
Lay Me Down Chapter 44
Lay Me Down Chapter 45
Lay Me Down Chapter 47
Lay Me Down Chapter 48
Lay Me Down Chapter 49
Lay Me Down Chapter 50
Lay Me Down Chapter 51
Lay Me Down Chapter 52
Lay Me Down Chapter 53
Lay Me Down Chapter 54
Lay Me Down Chapter 55 (COMPLETED)
One Shot!!!!!
Lay Me Down One Shot Winner

Lay Me Down Chapter 46

214K 1.7K 554
By Thischickisbomb

VOTE.COMMENT.LIKE.TWEET

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 Also the covers are shown in the slideshow, tell me your fav in the comments. The one with the most votes wins.

“So you want to do lunch with me today?” Carter asked me over the phone. Jay had gone to work so I was left here all alone.

“No thanks Carter, I’m good.” I responded.

“Come on Lizzie. I don’t want our relationship to be awkward or distanced. I miss spending time with you.” My heart fluttered at the mention of those words, but I had to refrain from making it out to be more than it really was.

“Carter things are different---“

“Lizzie no they’re not! Will you please just do lunch with me?”  He asked cutting me off.

“Fine Carter” I said giving in

“Okay I’ll pick you up in a little bit.”

“Alright see you then” I said hanging up the phone. I didn’t get why he wanted to see me. I mean every time I saw him I relapsed and it only made things worse. Carter was just like the drugs. I wanted him, God I needed him, but I had to break my addiction just as I had to do with the drugs. There was no way we could be together without any harm being done.

“So how have you been?” Carter asked once were seated at the restaurant.

“Good and you?” I replied.

“The same,” He muttered. We bounced back into an awkward silence. We never had awkward silences previously. I nibbled on some of my food and took a sip of my drink. This was really awkward!

“How’s staying with Jay coming along?” He questioned.

“Nice” I stated and continued to eat my food. There was another moment of silence.

“Come on Lizzie don’t let it be like this.” He said.

“Like What?” I questioned.

“Like this! With these awkward  moments and decreased conversation.” He explained.

“Well what do you want me to do Carter?”

“Do whatever you would do before everything happened.”

“That’s the point Carter! Everything happened so I can’t be like that. Things are different.”  I told him. He sighed. Nothing else seemed to be said while we finished our meal and we didn’t talk until Carter asked me what flavor of Ice cream I wanted from the ice cream stand that was located in the middle of the park.

“Cookie Dough” I told him.

“Two scoop cookie dough and two scoop rocky road” He told the vendor. Carter paid the money and  handed me my ice cream.

“Thanks” I muttered. We walked on the pavement in the park.

“I miss having you around” Carter said bluntly.

“Carter please don’t do this” I muttered.

“I’m just saying that I miss you Lizzie. I had just gotten used to you being around and now you are not there.” He said. I smiled and looked away. “What’s that smile for?”

“Nothing Carter nothing.”

“So… will you consider moving back in with me?” He asked hesitantly.

“What?”

“Will you move back in with me.” he repeated.

“Carter I---“

“ Come on Lizzie it’s so boring without you there and I need someone to keep me company.” He stated. I laughed.

“Carter I really don’t think me moving back in with you is a good thing.” I told him honestly.

“Well I do” He stated. “ So it’s settled you are moving back in!” he informed me as he tossed the rest of his ice cream into a trash bin.

“Carter I—“ I was stopped mid-speech when he picked me up and slung me over his shoulder with a second’s notice. My hands hung limply and I realized that he had made me lose my ice cream. Oh he was going to pay!

“Carter put me down, you made me drop my ice cream”

“Say you’ll move back in with me”

“No”

“Lizzie you better say it”

“No” I repeated.

“I don’t want to do this Lizzie but if you don’t say it I’m a get you wet.” I strained my neck to look up and realized we were approaching a lake that resided in the park.

“You wouldn’t dare!”

“Say you’ll move in with me!”

“Carter I swear to God if I get one drop of water on me you are dead.” I threatened.

“That’s not the answer I wanted” He said as he ran towards the water.

“Carter no, no, no okay I will move in with you” I shouted quickly, but it was too late. He had jumped. What the hell? Was he serious right now? I was going to kill him. I felt my body being enveloped in water as I scratched for the surface.

“I hate you” I said immediately once I tasted the air. I heard him laughing and I turned to glare at him, but he continued to laugh.

“We are no longer friends Carter”

“Aww Lizzie you don’t mean that.” He said as he swam towards me. “We are best friends” he said as he  wrapped his arms around me and laid his head on my shoulder. I laughed. He was so full of it.

“Don’t forget that you did say that you would move in with me.” Carter stated.

“No I didn’t’

“Yea you did and I’m going to make you keep your word” He said as we walked out of the lake dripping wet. I looked around us and sound that some of the pedestrian onlookers were looking at us like we were crazy. I rolled my eyes and walked with him to his car.

“Let’s go to my mom’s house. She’s closer and has been asking about you anyways.” I nodded   and got into his car soaking wet.

I stood next to Carter still dripping with water as I waited for someone to open the door. Carter knocked again twice.

“I so hate you Carter” I mumbled.

“Whatever Lizzie! You love me” I rolled my eyes and I heard the lock being turned from the other side. Carmen swung the door open and gave us a glance over and then she just started laughing.

“What happen?” She said in between giggles.

“Carter’s an ass “ I said as I walked inside. He chuckled and went up stairs and I followed. We went inside his old room and he closed the door behind us. I saw him digging through his drawers. He dug out some sweats and through them at me.

“Jerk” I muttered. He laughed and reacted by throwing the shirt at me. After finding him something he pushed the drawers back in and began to strip and I watched enjoying the show. I was so freaking hooked and I hated it so much. I finally turned my head as he was about to peel off his boxers and began to change into the warm comfy clothes.

“What’s wrong? You not enjoying the show anymore?” He questioned.

“Get over yourself Carter!”

“How can I when I have this amazing girl that stares at my body at any chance she gets” He stated.

“I do not” I slightly shouted.

“Who said I was talking about you” He said laughing. I rolled my eyes and  removed my shirt from my body and replaced it with  the warm dry one.

“Here go wash these” I said shoving the wet clothes towards him.

“What if the washer gets off balance” He asked with a smile.

“ Balance it!” I told him trying to get around the subject I knew he was headed for.

“Will you entertain me?”

“Carter go wash the clothes.” I told him. He groaned and left to go wash the clothes. I sighed and went and sat on his bed.

Gosh, this really felt like Déjà vu . So many memories were held in Carter’s room. I remember the first night I came over here. Damn, I was a wreck. He probably thought I was physco. I mean he barely knew me and he still took me in and took care of me. I thought about the night I came here when Carter was mad at me after he founf out about my life or how I stayed here alone when he had left for a day when he found out about Reed or about the time when I dressed sexy for him and gave him a lap dance. I smiled to myself. We have had some good times. I looked around the room examining every aspect of it. Everything brought back some type of memory. I saw  a white board sticking out from the closet. I got up and grabbed it. Holy shit! A wide grin spread across my face. It was the  picture we had got drawn on our beach trip for spring break. I stood in front of him with his hands wrapped around my waist. His head rested on my shoulder and I was slightly looking his way. The scenery from the beach strip was embedded in the background. I smiled. That trip was so much fun even though Carter was an ass when he had gotten drunk.

“I remember that day” Carter said causing me to jump. He was right next to me. I wonder how long he had been there.

“Me too” I muttered.

“I have the other picture too” He stated as he dug deeper into the closet. He emerged with a thin strip of photo paper. I took it from his hands and I immediately began laughing. It was the photo booth pictures from the day we skipped school and went to the movies.

“What’s so funny?” He asked.

“Nothing, this just seems so long ago.” I told him.

“Yea that was when you couldn’t resist kissing me.” He stated.

“Whatever Carter,”

“It’s true after I got you to stop being so damn stubborn and to trust me, you couldn’t resist” I Laughed and handed him back the pictures and he put both of them up.

“Can I still trust you Carter?” I asked not really meaning to.

“Of course  you always can. Do you feel like you can still trust me?” He asked. I definitely wasn’t expecting him to ask me that in return. I turned my head and pretended to be studying something. The truth was I felt like if I trusted him I would get hurt. I felt like no matter what, I would be the one to come out with the short end of the stick.

“Lizzie, you can trust me. I won’t hurt you and if I do I’m not trying to. I would never hurt you intentionally Lizzie. I lo—look   I  hate the fact that we can't talk right now like we used to and to be honest I Just want it all to go back to normal. I miss our carefree conversations. No matter what we talked about things never got awkward.” He said.

“Carter I don’t want things to be awkward it’s just that…. That…we…” I sighed.

“It’s Ariel and the fact that you and I had  amazing sex and I’m still with her.”

“And that you told me you loved me when you really didn’t” I muttered.

“I do love you Lizzie, with all my heart. Words can explain how much I love you. It’s eating me alive to know that I’m hurting you. I just… I don’t know what to do” He said.

“Do whatever you want to do!” I told him.

“That’s the point Lizzie, I don’t know what to do. I mean….”

“Don’t worry about it Carter, lets go find your mom.” I said cutting him off as I stood up and made my way out the door. I walked down the hall to Sasha’s room and knocked on the door.  I just didn't want to deal with all that drama right now.

“Yea?” She answered depressingly.

“Open the door chick” I said loudly. I heard moving from the inside and then I heard the lock untwist and the door opened before me.

“Hey why are you locked up?” I asked while giving her a hug.

“Hey Lizzie” She said with little excitement.

“Yea don’t jump up and down. It’s not like we see each other every day.” She laughed but you could tell that her heart wasn’t really in it.

“Sasha what’s wrong?” I asked.

“Nothing, I’m just sick. I feel like I am coming down with something.” She stated.

“Oh, do you need anything?” I asked.

“No I thanks I’m good” She replied as she looked around.

“Well Carter’s down stairs. I’m sure he wants to see you.” I told her.

“Uhm I think I’m just going to stay up here.” She mumbled.

“Come on Sasha don’t be a party pooper” I said grabbing her hand and pulling her with me. I cheerfully bounced down the stairs as Sasha lagged behind me. I made my way into the living room and Carter was seated on the couch across from his mom and some guy.

 Sasha went and sat in the lounge chair and I went and sat down next to Carter.

“Lizzie this is Dave, Dave this is Lizzie” Carmen said introducing us.

“Nice to meet you” I said.

“I could say the same,” He replied. “So are you and Carter dating now?” he questioned.

“That’s none of your business” Carter stated before I even got the chance to speak. Damn, he always had problems with his mom’s lovers.

“Son, I was just asking.” Dave said in response.

“I’m not your son and you are not my dad. He died years ago. We’re too old to be playing that role.” Carter explained. This was definitely awkward. I glanced at Carmen who seemed to be at a loss for words and then I turned my gaze towards Sasha who was shifting uncomfortably in her seat. What was up with her?

“Carter can I stay at your place tonight?” Sasha asked.

“Oh so now you want to spend the night at my place now that Lizzie is there?” Carter asked with a smile.

“Come on Carter, I’m just bored here. Please?”

“No you can’t” Dave answered sternly 

“Yea you can.” Carter responded.

“Sasha you are staying home tonight.” Dave told her.

“If she wants to come, she can come. You don’t tell her what to do. You have no authority over anybody in this house.” Carter said. Dave looked at Carmen and she sighed.

“Sasha maybe you should stay in for the night.” Carmen said siding with Dave.

“Mom I don’t want to” Sasha replied.

“And you don’t have to” Carter said. “Go get your things packed.” We’ll leave in a few and you can stay for the weekend” Carter told her. Sasha stood up and made her way upstairs.

“I don’t’ know what makes you think that you  are in control of her, because you’re not and Mom why are you listening to him. If he wasn’t here you would have had no problem with Sasha coming over.” Carter stated.

“Lower your voice Carter when you are talking to me” Carmen said. “ I just suggested that she should stay in. It’s no big deal.” She said.

I heard the stairs creak and I looked up to see Sasha coming down with a duffel bag in her hand. Damn she was   quick.

“You ready?” Carter asked. She nodded. “Alright I’ll see you later Ma” Carter said before walking out.

“Bye Carmen” I said as I went up and gave her a hug, “ It was nice meeting you Dave” I said before I walked out and followed Carter.

“So what was that about?” I asked Carter upon entering the car.

“Nothing, I just don’t like him.” He replied.

“Carter you don’t like any of your mom’s boyfriends” I stated.

“Lizzie can we drop this subject?” I sighed  and looked out the window. I was tired and all I wanted to do was go get in a bed and pass out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 9.6K 40
Maddie, a girl who doesn't have many friends and is very shy, finds out that eleventh grade is much harder than what she expected. The test are harde...
133K 3.5K 50
"She's a woman that my heart goes to naturally, without even me knowing it" - Gareth James Wilson © sugarfairy1976 Best ranking! #1 briarbeauty #1 ga...
1.9M 51.8K 53
Plain Jane. Previously bullied Jane is starting at a new school, where she hopes to escape her bullied past by her mother, brother and peers. The ext...
118K 2.6K 21
Rosalie Martinez was a nerd. She was shy, caring, kind and different from the girls at her school. She never seemed to fit in, until she met Triston...