The Heart Ichigo X Reader🍓

By MerisaRo

Day in the life of you, Ichigo and the crew. There's romance, banter and cheeky questionable and naughty mom... More

Moonlight
Moonlight II
End of Summer
Blue Skies
Bra size
Hot Pot Fridays
Hot Pot Fridays II
Chads Plan
911
The Bracelet
Ichigo's Room
Dilemma Of Two Minds 
Misunderstandings
Before the road
Jerk
Tequila Night
Tequila Night II
Night Work
Connections
A Little Vanilla
A Quincy Promise
Winter Festival ❄️
Strawberries & Cream 🍓
New Start
Gossip
Unexpected
Lavender Kisses
The 4th Floor
Friendship
Friendship II
The Date
I Miss You
From Me to You
Forgiveness
Home
Kiss Me More
7 minutes in heaven

The Heart

329 15 11
By MerisaRo

Now, the kisses have faded and your touch no longer lingers

all that we have left are memories

but over time memories fade too...

But Love,

Love transcends time

and so I know I'll always love you.

'Forget about you?' How could I when you're all I think about.
How could I forget the way you make my heart race...or the way you say my name when we're alone and entwined beneath the sheets.

The way you look at me, touch me, kiss me...
I don't think I could function without you.

I want you to be a permanent part of my life.
But how can I make that happen when you're going halfway across the world?

I can only hope that somehow we meet again.
Cross paths just like how we first met.

"Ichigo?" You waved a hand in front of his face.
"Y-Yeah?"
"You alright? You look spaced out"
"Hm- I'm fine. I was just thinking" Ichigo stood up. His eyes go over to your suitcases already packed.
"You have that same look as last night. Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" Your thumb traced circles on the back of his hand.

"I told you it's nothing!"
You jumped back at the infliction of his voice.
Ichigo rubbed his temple, he did mean to raise his voice at you. And he knew better than to take his frustrations out on you. 

"(YN)-"
"I'm going to take my suitcases downstairs" brushing off whatever he had to say. You had a large and small one.
"Let me take it for-"
"I can do it myself" You grabbed the handle before he could, walking out of the room.

Ichigo grabbed his bag watching you leave "Fuck- why did I do that" he knew better.
Ichigo went down shortly after you. He placed his bag on the sofa. He saw you standing by the door on your phone.
"Do you want something to eat? We haven't had breakfast" Ichigo turned on the kitchen light. The sky outside was still dark.

"I'm not hungry" Your eyes focused on your phone.
The air was silent and Ichigo was not going to let you leave like this. "(YN)" he walked over, but you still didn't acknowledge him.
"(YN)" moving your suitcase to the side.
"The driver will soon arrive. So-" You felt the weight of his head on your shoulder.
"I'm sorry (YN), I didn't mean to speak to you like that" his voice was soft, and he held you close to him. "I know you were only concerned about me"

"Then tell me what's wrong?" you held him back.
"I can't"
"Why?"
"It's better if I don't say" Ichigo lifts his head.
"Okay but now that makes me even more worried" You cupped his face.
Ichigo wrapped both his arms around you "I'll be fine"

The doorbell rang and without letting you go Ichigo opened the door. A tall man in a suit stood before him, the black car parked behind him. "I've come to collect Miss (LN)" his eyes went to you.
Ichigo's arm dropped from your waist to hold your hand. With your free hand, you brought your suitcase to the door.

"That's all that I've packed. But I would like my Kimono shipped over separately as it's delicate. It's at the other house"
The man took the suitcases "I'll let your father know and I'll make the arrangements" The man looked back at Ichigo and then at you. "I'll give you 5 minutes but then we must leave" he closed the door behind him.

Before you could speak Ichigo embraced you in a hug. "Don't go"
"I have to Ichigo" You held him closer feeling his hands on your back, the warmth of his body and his scent. You wanted to remember all of it.

Ichigo loosened his hold so he could look at you. You both gazed at each other for a moment and naturally, you both leaned in for a kiss. His soft lips against yours...you were going to miss this.
Ichigo looked at you again before kissing you once more. Your hand snaked around his neck to run along his orange locks letting him know you wanted more.

Ichigo's tongue traced your bottom lip as you opened it for him. His warm tongue on yours sent butterflies to your stomach.
"You-" his lips still on yours, "you think we can-"
"A quickie?" You finished his words.
Ichigo hummed in response. His hands running down your back.
"Maybe-"

A knock at the door tells you your time is up.
"I guess not" he smiles.

"We have all summer long" You went to grab your coat. Ichigo put his on too and grabbed his bag.

'If only you knew'

You both walked out hand in hand until you arrived at the car.

The snow started to fall again.
Ichigo squeezed at your hands, the white petals landing in his orange hair.
You looked upon him adoringly. He looks towards the floor and then back at you. His brown eyes filled with sadness.

"I love you (YN), more than anything"
"I know, and I love you too" You hugged him "so much" planting a kiss on his cheek. Ichigo didn't let you go "Please know I'm sorry"
He let you go and you could tell from his voice he wasn't apologising about earlier.

"We need to leave Miss (LN)" he called for you from in the car.

This was it.
The last time we would see each other in a while. Ichigo opened the car door for you.

"See you around Strawberry"

Ichigo smiles remembering the first time you said that to him. But this time he captures your lips in one final kiss before you leave again.

   。

      。

Ichigo made it back home. He quietly opens the door taking his shoes and coat off. "What's this?" He feels around in his pocket. The silver key you gave him, he stares at it and one by one his tears fall into the palm of his hand.

"Ichigo?" His father walks out, Isshin stops seeing the state of his son and for the first time in years, he hugs him. 

 Isshin let him leave a week ago, he was sure the situation was about you and from the look in Ichigo's eyes that day he knew you were someone special to him.

And now quiet sobs could be heard in the small entryway. Isshin held his son closer his own heart breaking for him.

After a few moments, Ichigo makes his way back to his room where he finds Karin and Yuzu sleeping.

He sets his bag down. He felt guilty knowing how much they worried for him when he left without saying anything. He quietly takes out the spare futon in his closet and places it on the floor. He stares at the ceiling thinking about how he could never speak to you again.

"It was never supposed to end like this (YN)" he whispered.

   。

      。

Later that day at school Ichigo explained the situation to his friends. However, they also told him that they couldn't contact you either and your number must have been changed.

As a week went by Ichigo tried to be his usual self but just the thought of you made him miss you so much. It was weird not having you here and not hearing your voice. Even as the months ticked away, exams were done and summer rolled around he never got used to it.

   。

      。

'I want you to be a permanent part of my life'

Ichigo unpacked his suitcases and boxes in his room. 3 years at university he was older, taller and still madly in love with you.

Isshin stood in the door frame watching his son. Now back at home, his sisters were excited and Ichigo would laugh and smile with them but behind that facade he could tell he was still hurting- still holding onto you.

"Is there something you want to say?" Ichigo noticed the presence of his father.

"It gets better"

Ichigo stops unpacking "does it?" He glances over at him. "Because it feels like I'm dying"

Being apart from someone you love knowing you could never talk to them again Isshin knew all too well. He walks over to Ichigo placing a hand on his shoulder "There's something I want to give you-"

Ichigo's phone starts to ring.
"Uryu?"
"Kurosaki are you back home yet?"
"Yeah- but why?"
"Open your window" Uryu hangs up. Ichigo quickly opens the window. Uryu jumps through but this time not in his Quincy uniform.

"I'll leave you guys alone" Isshin walks out closing the door behind him.

Uryu takes out a small envelope from his pocket. "My father gave me this at the hospital"
Ichigo opened it up, and there was an address on it. One that was familiar to him. "(YN)'s house?"
"Someone close to (YN) gave it to him...she's there Ichigo"

"Uryu-" he was short of breath...was this real?
"She's in Japan for 2 days-"
"I need to see her" Ichigo reached for his bag. He always had the silver key on him.
"Wait Ichigo" Uryu held his shoulder. "She's not alone.."

Ichigo's heart dropped "What do you mean?"
"My father didn't give me specifics. Just that she didn't travel alone"
"Could it be a boyfriend?" He didn't even want to imagine it.
"I don't know"
"Still- I have to see her" Ichigo takes the key from his bag.

Before Ichigo jumps out of the window the door opens again. "Please before you go Ichigo.." Isshin spoke.

"I'll wait for you outside" Uryu goes out
the window.

Ichigo sat on his bed his father held a serious expression and he wasn't sure why.
"Dad- I have to go"
"I know...Ichigo" he sat next to him. "Is (YN) the one?"
Ichigo looks at him, his eyes wide and then at his hands. "Of course, I've known from our first kiss" his lips curving into a small smile "I can't lose her"

"Ichigo" a proud smile on his face. "I trust you and I think it's time I gave you this"
Ichigo watched as he pulled something out of his pocket. He placed it in his son's hands.
"It's yours now" Isshin stands up taking another look at his son. "You've grown Ichigo" he smiles before leaving.

Ichigo stares at the box in his hands. His thumbs ran over the leather. He flips it open and he knew what decision he was going to make.

The silver band cushioned in between the velvet pouch.

"Mum's wedding ring..."

He remembered how it shined on her finger.

"Ichigo!" Uryu called.
Ichigo quickly put it in his pocket and went out the window.
"You know you can't just walk into her house right?" Uryu pushed his glasses up.
"Hm?"
"Don't tell me you were planning to march in there?!"
"Kinda" Ichigo scratched the back of his head.
"Find another way in like from the back of the house"

"I'll try" 

"Hope everything works out Kurosaki" Uryu tells him before they part ways.

The stars were out and the moon was in full bloom.

Ichigo ran as fast as he could.

The air slightly salty with a cool breeze. The water gently hits the shore. The place where you first met came into view. All he needed now was to touch you and he would be complete.

His legs slowed down, the moon seemed to be bigger encasing him in its light.
Ichigo panted looking over at the water. He was anxious... what if you moved on? What if you didn't love him anymore? He didn't think his heart could take it.

But your love for each other was eternal, right?

He shut his eyes, trying to reassure himself.

"Ichigo"

The voice was faint but he caught it. Turning to his left. His heart stopped in that instant

"(YN)"  the words barely leaving his lips.

Any doubts disappeared once his eyes fell on you.
You were as beautiful as the moment he met you under these very same stars.

"(YN)!" He shouted running towards you.  His vision was blurry as tears pooled in them.
"Ichigo" you breathed out, tears welling in your eyes.
He embraced you in a tight hug. Your hands searched his back it was larger than you remembered. But his gentle touch is the same as it's always been. " I came to see you...I've missed you Ichigo" you cried in his arms.

All your worries leaving you being replaced by his warmth.
Ichigo let you go briefly, his arms still connected to you. His thumb wiped your tears away. "I finally have you next to me again (YN)"
Ichigo tilts your head up. The white embers of the moon reflected in his eyes as he looked at you.

"Don't ever leave me (YN)"

His voice disappears as his lips meet yours and your heart melts into his. His arms bring you closer and your hand is on the nape of his neck.

The both of you right where you were those years ago.

"I love you"

His words against your skin.

It made you hold him tighter. "I was scared you would never say those words to me again"

Ichigo kissed your cheek, his hand cupping the side of your face. His other hand entwined with yours. "(YN)" kissing your jaw and then your neck.
"You're my only love"

"Ichigo...how do you manage to make me fall in love with you even more?" You smiled kissing him softly.

Ichigo chuckles quietly "Come" he takes you hand in hand back to his room

"It's been a while" You sat on his bed.
Ichigo takes off some boxes putting them on the floor. He sits next to you showing you the key.

"You still have it?!" You took it from him.
"Always kept with me, my little piece of you" Placing his hand over yours you leaned in kissing him. He stops to look at you before leaning in more. Your back hits the soft sheets, his hand on your thigh gently caressing you.

Your fingers on his chest slowly go down to the hem of his shirt. Ichigo's hands cautiously go under your top. The tips of his fingers brush against the warmth of your stomach. Your own fingers gliding underneath his shirt and up his toned stomach, it sent little shivers across your skin. Your lips part, Ichigo slides his tongue in and within that moment all the want came rushing in.

"Stay with me tonight" he removes his shirt and you admire him. "Okay" You sit up kissing his chest. Every kiss left him breathless.
Ichigo pulled you into his lap his hands pulling off your top. Softly he kissed your shoulders and the curve of your collarbone. With his large hands against your back, you spoke his name in his ear. His lips trailed down to the valley of your breast.

You ran your fingers through his hair. Ichigo listens to your heartbeat, his arms wrapped around you he never wants to let you go again.

He places you down on his bed his body over yours. You look up at him a smile on his lips.

No words needed to be spoken as you gazed at each other.

Ichigo kissed you tenderly as one hand reached down to his pocket. His heart raced faster.
"(YN)..." he pulled away
You searched his eyes. His free hand held yours and placed a kiss on it. His eyes met yours.

"Will you marry me, (YN)"

You looked at him with shock and your eyes filled with tears. Your body felt light and your heart fluttered. There was no other person you would rather spend the rest of your life with.

"Yes"

Ichigo slides the silver band onto your finger. You entwine your fingers with his.

You held each other close that night, under the covers filled with sweet kisses and many whispers of love...

   。

      。

With the announcement of your engagement, your father flew in to meet you and Ichigo. 

"Please allow me to marry your daughter" Ichigo bowed deeply in front of him. 

You stood behind him with your mother by your side. 

"My wife and daughter secretly fly out to Japan all because of you Ichigo Kurosaki..." He stands up "Raise your head" Ichigo did and was met with an outstretched hand. Ichigo gripped his hand firmly. 

Your father sighed letting go " I can see why but again you're a soul reaper-"

"Dear.." Your mother stopped him. 

He sighed again "As long as my daughter is happy then I give you my blessing" 

He looks around and then walks over to you "This house is yours" It was the first house you stayed in. He glances over at Ichigo as well "Treat her well Kurosaki" 

Your father and mother leave. You take Ichigo's hand in yours leading him upstairs and into your old bedroom. It was bare but the memories still played out before you. 

"Remember the night of the winter festival?" You hugged him. "The night you gave me that necklace"

"And you looked beautiful with it on and your Kimono. Also..." Ichigo kissed your neck holding you tight "Our first time" He planted kisses up your neck to your lips. 

You gazed at each other lovingly. Ichigo's lips brushed against yours speaking faintly. 

"We'll make many more memories here" 

[END]

A/N: Hi readers :) I want to say thank you guys so much for continuing to read this story! It was a lot of fun to write and this last chapter really made me tear up. I really hope you guys enjoyed this story! ❤️ 🧡 thanks again for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.1K 709 16
This story takes places during the tsukushima arc. I love this couple and saw plenty of ichihime moments in this series so I decided to make one :)
32.2K 808 12
After Ichigo defeated Aizen, the Soul Society was overjoyed. The battle was over and everything was at peace. To celebrate, the Soul Society decides...
31K 1K 42
When Ichigo shows no interest to Shinji's lures of joining the Vizard, the group of ex-Shinigami end up taking to slightly extreme measures. Ichigo i...
76.2K 1.9K 12
You are Ichigo's friend and you are kind of new to the area. Ichigo accidentally hurts you so he takes you to the Kurosaki Clinic to treat your wound...