π“πŽ 𝐁𝐄 𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐍 π€π‹πˆπ•...

By adorerue

The Hunger Games has been proven to test everyone's virtue, not just the young and unfortunate kids plucked f... More

π“πŽ 𝐁𝐄 𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐍 π€π‹πˆπ•π„
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈 - 𝐓𝐇𝐄 πŒπ„ππ“πŽπ‘
πƒπ‘π„π€πŒπˆππ† π€π–π€π˜ π˜πŽπ”π‘ π‹πˆπ…π„
π‚π‡πˆπ‹πƒπ‘π„π π‹π„π€πƒπˆππ† π‚π‡πˆπ‹πƒπ‘π„π
𝐓𝐇𝐄 π’πŽππ†ππˆπ‘πƒ 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π’πˆπ‚πŠπ‹π˜
𝐈𝐍 π“π‡πˆπ’ π“πŽπ†π„π“π‡π„π‘
π’π‡π€π‘πˆππ† π“πŽπ˜π’
𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃 π…π‹πŽπ–π„π‘π’
π…πˆπ— 𝐓𝐇𝐄 ππ‘πŽπŠπ„π
π’πŠπ˜π…π€π‹π‹
π“πŽπŽ π‚π‹πŽπ’π„ π“πŽ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒
π‹πŽπ•π„π’πˆπ‚πŠ
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈𝐈 - 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π’π€π‚π‘πˆπ…πˆπ‚π„
πŒπˆπ’π“π€πŠπ„π’ πŽπ… 𝐀 π–πŽπŒπ€π
π‚π‘πŽπ’π’ 𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓
π‡πŽππ„ π“πŽ πƒπˆπ„
π’π„π‚πŽππƒ 𝐀𝐍𝐃 π“π‡πˆπ‘πƒ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒
π‹πˆπŠπ„ π‘πˆπππŽππ’ 𝐈𝐍 π˜πŽπ”π‘ π‡π€πˆπ‘
𝐒𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃 π“π‡πˆπ
πƒπ„π’π‚π„ππ’πˆπŽπ πˆππ“πŽ π’πˆπ
𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐃 π…πŽπ‘ 𝐀 π‹πˆπ“π“π‹π„ π–π‡πˆπ‹π„
ππŽππŽπƒπ˜'𝐒 π’πŽπ, ππŽππŽπƒπ˜'𝐒 𝐃𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑
π’π‡πˆπ…π“ πŽπ… π…π€πˆπ“π‡
ππ‹πŽπŽπƒπ’π”π‚πŠπ„π‘
πƒπŽπ'𝐓 π’π€π˜ π†πŽπŽπƒππ˜π„, π’π€π˜ 𝐈 π‹πŽπ•π„ π˜πŽπ”
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈𝐈𝐈 - 𝐓𝐇𝐄 ππ„π€π‚π„πŠπ„π„ππ„π‘
𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 π–πˆπ“π‡ ππ„π€π”π“π˜ 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐄
πŒπˆπ’π„π‘π˜ πŒπˆπ‘π‘πŽπ‘π’ πŒπ€πƒππ„π’π’
𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐔𝐒'𝐒 π„πŒπ„π‘π†π„ππ‚π„

𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋 π˜πŽπ” 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 π…πŽπ‘π„π•π„π‘

318 19 3
By adorerue

A sensation of indescribable proportion enveloped Coriolanus.

"I-I don't understand." The boy stuttered, his brain firing off an alarming amount of signals as he tried to decipher what her spoken code meant. "In what world would your life be in any danger associated with these Games?" 

Her tone softened. The anger and the hurt fizzling out at his concern. "You're not the only one with a lot riding on the results of the Games." She said meekly, any sign of ferocity gone as her fate was in the open. She should have known the truth was bound to come out sooner or later to him, she just never expected she would be the one to do it. "I made the mistake of challenging the need for Dr. Gaul and her Games a year ago. It was never publicized, I answered a question about the Hunger Games in my end of year essay which resulted in a conversation with Gaul and Dean Highbottom. If they thought it was going to make me back down, they too made a mistake in believing so."

"But--"

"Coriolanus, please!" She begged him to stop talking. If he interrupted her again, she did not think she would have the strength to continue. "My grades were stripped away immediately. Grade point average dropped severely, and I couldn't end my time at the Academy that way. I couldn't let you get all of the glory that should have been mine. I did everything humanly possible to build myself back up and the Hunger Games was supposed to be my release. One last project before Graduation until I was called to Dean Highbottom's office early on Reaping Day."

Venus thought back on her time in his chambers. Shuddering knowing that that is when she was given her death sentence.

"The last phase of my punishment was that I had to produce the Victor." She said in a shaky breath, her sorrow forming once more in her brown eyes. "If my tribute dies...so do I."

Death as punishment? Coriolanus thought. The odds were never in Venus's favor. He wouldn't be surprised if they somehow were able to rig the Reaping and give Venus the weakling of the tributes just to ensure she would fail. Who did Dr. Gaul and Dean Highbottom believe they were? What agency did they have over who lived and who perished? Even with the Hunger Games, they could only manipulate so much ... they did not have the qualifications to play God. Not with his Venus.

"They can't do that to you." Coriolanus's said, his thoughts growing more calm than frantic.

The girl blinked in confusion. "I-I don't have any power in this situation, Coryo. I'm not sure why you don't understand—"

"I will move Heaven and Hell to make sure nothing happens to you, Venus." He stated, taking a step forward. He saw the tears glistening in her eyes, now red from the expression of her turmoil. His hand grazed her cheek carefully, thumb swiping away a stray tear falling down. Venus was always known to be rigid with him, however, in this moment she settled into his touch. Taking a deep breath and allowing herself to fully give into her feelings.

The last few days he felt a sense of protectiveness over her, but, it felt nothing like this. They were tethered to each other. The stakes so high for the both of them on the outcome of these Games. He often thought about his own destiny, who he would become upon winning the Plinth Prize and attending University ... now there was the possibility of a future where Venus wasn't present. Not simply because she was no longer in his life, because she would be dead. He didn't like it. Coriolanus hated the thought of her being away from him in any capacity. Leaning down to her eye level, he tightened the grip on her cheek.

"Nothing will take you from me."

He brought his lips to hers, moving them both in sync. His body and mind craved her in every aspect and now with having her in his grasp, Venus was a drug for him. The hunger in his heart only grew more with each second that passed with their shared embrace. She placed her manicured hands on his chest, gripping the material of his Academy uniform and pulling him closer to her. Silently he prayed she would not rip a button as he was sure Tigris was too tired to repair his shirt before the morning. He allowed her to take control, feeling her hands roam his body as he remained respectful of her.

Her golden skin reminded him of home, the smell of her rose oil was enticing and mixed well with her Jasmine perfume. God, he wanted her. He didn't know what he had been thinking this entire time. If he would have known Venus felt like this, he wouldn't have wasted those years of fighting with her and adding to their rivalry. They could have been dynamic, ruling the Academy together and surpassing any and everyone who was in their way. This was a feeling he had never experienced, different from anything he felt with Lucy Gray.

Venus was his definition of love.

Lungs ablaze, she pulled away briefly with her chest rising and falling as she craved air. Her head was swirling with a million thoughts, the only thing she was sure of was her feelings for the blonde boy. Now that she felt his embrace, the closest they had ever been in their lifetime, she felt a spark. A reason to fight tooth and nail, any and everybody, to maintain that sensation she just experienced. Venus just got Coriolanus and she would be damned if anyone took him away from her.

He belonged to her, she belonged to him, and there was nothing that would keep them away from each other now.

In the heat of the moment she dropped her robe to the floor. She wanted him in every aspect, caution and societal expectations to the wind, she was determined to solidify their relationship. Ever since she was young, anything she wanted she got it, she was absolutely spoiled. Why would Coriolanus be anything different?

She was left in her burgundy silk nightie, black lace details lining the top and bottom of the gown. Any sense of timidness was gone immediately, her venom mixed with charm had returned full force.

"You may touch me, Coryo." She whispered, watching his blue eyes trail her body.

He was trying his hardest to resist the urges. He was aware that Venus was pure and while he did not want to ruin it, he knew she would be his. They would simply be ahead of the curve if they took that step further together. Coriolanus's fingertips grazed her shoulders, gliding down her skin as he met the curve of her breast. Instantly he saw her arousal and it only inspired him to explore further. Locked in another kiss, this one flooding with intensity and sensuality, he began to unbutton his Academy blazer. His hands gripped her thighs, trying to pick her up from the ground when a faint knocking could be heard outside of the room.

Venus's head snapped up and out of the loving trance Coriolanus placed her in. She pulled away from his lips, her hands drifting to her sides. "Did you hear that?"

"It's probably nothing." The boy was distracted, in his own little world with her as he laid kisses down her neck and chest. He only had a taste of her and was feening for more.

In her spirit she knew something was off. "No. No, something's wrong." She frowned, furrowing her brows. She grabbed her robe and draped it back over her body frantically. "It's late, Coryo, why would anyone else be at my home at this hour?" She bent over, grabbing his blazer and giving it to him.

Before he could protest, she was out of her room. Heading down the hallway and looming toward the front door with the boy running after her. As the knocking noise came again, Venus opened the door only to be met by the disheveled appearance of Mrs. Plinth. Coriolanus knew the woman was frumpy, but, in this instance she was frumpier than ever. In her hands was a box of raspberry tarts and tears stinging her old eyes.

"Mrs. Plinth?" Venus broke the silence.

The woman let out a breath, a smile on her lips at the sight of the girl. "Oh, Venus." She said nearly in shock, as if the young girl would not be within her own home. "I-I fear something t-terrible has happened." She stammered.

With care, Venus ushered the woman into the home. She caught the eyes of Coriolanus and it was almost as if she was going to fall out right there on the floor. She was relieved to see them together, her son's only friends.

Venus guided Ma Plinth into the home, situating her at a seat near the kitchen island. She took her coat, handing it to Coryo and asking him to please hang it in the nearby closet. He obliged, his thoughts running as to why this woman would be here so late? What happened to Sejanus? That's the only reason why she would have thought to enter the Hummingstill home.

Ignatius emerged from his office, rolling his eyes quickly before offering a fake greeting to the Plinth woman. Venus was displeased, rummaging around the kitchen trying to make tea to calm the woman's nerves. She noticed the kitchen television was on, not fully paying attention to the fact the Hunger Games were on the screen. 

"I have it handled, Father." She said in borderline annoyance. The man shrugged his shoulders, offering everyone a goodnight before retiring to his bedroom and meeting his wife who was already drifting off into slumber.

While Venus grabbed mugs from her cabinet, Coriolanus took a seat next to the Plinth woman. She grabbed his wrist, crying into a handkerchief. "I'm so glad you're here. I stopped at your house before I came and your cousin said she wasn't sure where you had gone." She sputtered. "I'm so sorry to have dropped in on you all like this, Venus."

"Do not apologize, Mrs. Plinth, please." She stopped the woman. Sitting a cup of lavender tea in front of her and Coriolanus. "Just tell us what's going on? It's Sejanus?" Her heart was in her stomach, nerves entangling her. What had he done now? Where was he and why didn't he come find her?

The woman took a sip of her warm tea, shaking as she clanked the mug on the platter. "My boy hasn't come home. We heard he left the Academy this morning and I haven't seen him since. I'm so worried," She began. "Where can he be? I know Marcus being like that hit him hard. Do you two know? Do you know where he could be? Was he upset when he left? You know he's so sensitive sometimes, Venus. This isn't good."

Coryo and Venus snuck a glance at each other, her's being one of guilt. They remembered his outburst this morning, the throwing of the chair, the shouting of insults. Venus didn't know what to say. He had gone missing? There's only so many places he could be ... only so many people he trusted in this world.

"He was upset, Ma'am. But I don't know that it's any cause for worry. He probably just needed to blow off some steam. Took a long walk or something. I'd do the same thing myself." Coriolanus answered, trying in his own way to put the woman at ease.

Venus shook her head in protest. "But Sejanus isn't like you, Coryo. I haven't heard anything from him since he left this morning." She said honestly, watching Ma Plinth nod to herself.

Wiping her tears anxiously, the woman appeared very defeated. "It's so late. It isn't like him to up and disappear, not without letting his Ma know." She fretted. "The last time he did something like this he was here with you, Venus. I guess I just thought ... I hoped he was here again. With his friends."

How sad, thought Coriolanus. To have only one friend. But he only said, "You know, if he wanted company, I think he would have came to Venus or to myself. You can see how he might have needed some time alone to ... to make sense of all this. I'm sure he's alright. Otherwise you'd have heard of it."

"Did you check with the Peacekeepers?" Asked Venus.

Mrs. Plinth nodded. "No sign of him."

That brought a bit of ease to Venus's heart. She wasn't sure what she would do if something happened to Sejanus. He had his moments and his outbursts but she was sure he wouldn't do something so dire, so reckless that he couldn't come back from it. He had enough sense to exercise some amount of caution, hadn't he?

"You see?" Coriolanus nodded. "There's been no trouble. Maybe he's even home by now."

Ma Plinth took a deep breath. She had calmed down enough to begin to think rationally. "Maybe home is the place I should be. And I shall let you get to bed and get home respectively. I can have my driver drop you off, Coriolanus." 

"Yes, Ma'am. Thank you." He agreed. Feeling like his welcome in the Hummingstill home was wearing thin as the sky grew even darker. The last thing he wanted was Ignatius catching him sneak out of his daughter's bedroom in the dead of night.

Mrs. Plinth gathered her voluminous handbag and was starting to get up from her seat when something on the screen in the kitchen caught her eye. Coriolanus and Venus followed her gaze and saw a shadowy shape slip out of the barricade and cross toward Lamina. Venus cocked her head to the side, taking shaky steps toward the television that broadcasted the barely viewable Games. 

Even in her own home she could not escape them.

The mysterious figure was tall, male, and carrying something in his hands. Venus believed it was one of the tributes, probably Tanner, since she didn't expect Reaper to leave Dill by her lonesome. The boy stopped upon reaching Marcus's corpse and looked up at the sleeping girl. Coriolanus thought one of the tributes decided to finally make a move on her. He knew he should watch, as a mentor, but he really wanted to get rid of Ma Plinth first so he could give Venus a kiss goodnight.

"Shall I get your coat?" He asked. "I bet once you get home, you'll find Sejanus in bed."

Venus's ears began to ring. Big brown eyes glued to the screen, nearly kissing it as she was centimeters from the glow. Breath hitching in her throat as the figure stood taller, head of curls, coming into the dark view. It wasn't a tribute. She denied to herself that it was him. Her eyes were playing tricks on her due to the lack of visibility in the Arena. He didn't do something as stupid and reckless as this. He wouldn't do that to her or to his Ma. As much as she was in denial, she had to accept the truth when his own mother pointed him out.

"No, Coriolanus," Said Mrs. Plinth in a hushed voice. "No." She nodded at the screen. "My boy's right there."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.5K 1.7K 31
She hated him. She wanted to smash his chiseled face into bits. The problem was that, more than that, she wanted to kiss him. Between the two optio...
9.5K 280 17
Aurora Grace loves flowers more than anything. They are tiny sparks of joy in a hard cold world. When she is chosen for the Hunger Games, Coriolanus...
21.4K 1.1K 15
🏹πŸ”₯ 🐍 ── BOSASβ”Šβͺ α΄„α΄€κœ±κœ±Ιͺα΄€Ι΄ ꜱɴᴏᴑ ! ❫ ##. ❛ 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 πŽπ… π‹πˆπ…π„ βœΰΏ”*:ο½₯゚ a THE HUNGER GAMES fanfiction. ╭──╯ IN WHICH ━...
12.2K 123 38
*published when completed* Coriolanus Snow cares only of his school work, his cousin and Grandma'am's survival and to carry on the Snow's legacy. How...