timeless, spencer reid [ 1 ]

By maybankwalker

[ criminal minds -- seasons 3-9 ] Bedelia Davis Series: Timeless I DO NOT own Criminal Minds, any of the show... More

cast
001. new members
002. how a team works
003. chili
004. penelope
005. birthright
006. 3rd life
007. damaged
008. elephant's memory
009. in heat
010. lo-fi
012. the angel maker
013. minimal loss
014. paradise
015. catching out
016. the instincts
017. memoriam
018. masterpiece
019. 52 pickup
020. normal
021. bloodline
022. pleasure is my business
023. demonology
024. omnivore
025. house on fire
026. conflicted
027. a shade of gray
028. amplification
029. to hell... and back
030. nameless, faceless
031. haunted
032. reckoner
033. hopeless
034. cradle to grave
035. the performer
036. 100
037. the slave of duty
038. the uncanny valley
039. risky business
040. mosley lane
041. solitary man
042. a rite of passage
043. ... a thousand words
044. exit wounds
045. the internet is forever
046. our darkest hour
047. the longest night
048. jj
049. remembrance of things past
050. compromising positions
051. devil's night
052. middle man
053. reflection of desire
054. what happens at home...
055. 25 to life
056. corazon
057. sense memory
058. today i do
059. coda
060. valhalla
061. lauren
062. with friends like these...
063. hanley waters
064. the stranger
065. supply and demand
066. it takes a village
067. proof
068. dorado falls
069. painless
070. from childhood's hour
071. epilogue
072. there's no place like home
073. hope
074. self-fulfilling prophecy
075. true genius
076. snake eyes
077. bedelia
078. a family affair
079. i love you, tommy brown
080. foundation
081. heathridge manor
082. the company
083. hit and run
084. the silencer
085. the pact
086. through the looking glass
087. god complex
088. the good earth
089. the apprenticeship
090. the wheels on the bus
091. the lesson
092. perennials
093. zugzwang
094. time off
095. all that remains
096. carbon copy
097. the gathering
098. restoration
099. #6
100. brothers hotchner
101. the replicator
102. the inspiration
103. the inspired
104. final shot
105. to bear witness
106. route 66
107. in the blood
108. gatekeeper
109. the return
110. the caller
111. baby
112. maternity leave
113. bully
114. the black queen
115. the road home
116. 200
117. mr. & mrs. anderson
118. gabby
119. persuasion
120. rabid
121. blood relations
122. angels
123. demons
124. wedding
book two

011. mayhem

727 15 0
By maybankwalker

"David." Spencer calls as he and Bedelia rush over to the man. "We heard on the radio. We tried the others, but--"

"The cell phone system is crashing." Rossi informs.

"A car bomb. Did they say where?" Spencer asks.

"No." Rossi says. "Can you recall every site where the shootings occurred?"

"Uh, Hell's Kitchen, Murray Hill, lower East Side, Chinatown." Spencer lists.

"All right, if our profile is correct and all 8 murders were tests to gauge response times, we're looking at 8 suicide bombers who are about to hit every one of those locations." Rossi says. "Call homeland security. Tell them to pour troops into all of those sites."

"Actually, if we're correct, there'll be 16 suicide bombers." Spencer says.

"16?" Rossi and Bedelia question.

"Yeah, we predicted that they'll hit the second wave of emergency responders also." Spencer says.

"Breaking news now." They turn to the TV. "We are just getting an update. The bomb is now reported to have been inside an SUV. A black SUV parked just blocks from 26 Federal Plaza." The three look at each other.

Rossi picks up the phone and calls Penelope.

"Where are you?" He asks. "Can you see anything?" He asks.  "We got on the news it was an SUV that exploded. A black SUV within blocks of the Federal Plaza. Now, do you have eyes there?" I'm here with Reid and Davis, but I don't know where anyone else is. And, Garcia... find them." He hangs up.

~ ~ ~

"These are stills from all the murder sites." Rossi says.

"Garcia had us on conference and the system crashed." Emily says, rushing over.

"Emily." JJ walks over.

"Oh, thank God you're all right." Emily sighs in relief. "Where's Will?"

"He's stuck at the airport." JJ informs. "As soon as I heard, I went straight to 26 Fed. They're evacuating the building. Where is everyone?"

"Morgan's all right, but there's no word from Hotch." Spencer says.

"The bomber! The bomber!" They hear Garcia. "Derek's chasing after him."

"What?" Spencer frowns.

"The bomb -- it was in Kate's SUV or-- or under it. Hotch is out there with her. He seems okay, but she looks really hurt. He hasn't moved her." Penelope informs.

"Where was Kate's SUV parked?" Rossi asks.

"2 blocks east of Federal Plaza." Penelope informs.

"2 blocks east and they target Kate's SUV?" Emily asks.

"Have you I.D.ed the bomber?" Rossi asks.

"Lisa's running him and the dead guy through VICAP." Penelope states.

"Call homeland security. They should be at all the murder sites. See if they found anything." Rossi orders.

"I'm on it." JJ says, walking off.

"Garcia, find out how we can help Morgan." Rossi tells her.

"Yes, sir."

~ ~ ~

"Homeland security has poured tactical teams into all of those locations." JJ says. "Uh, SWAT, bomb techs, HRT, hazmat, the works. They found nothing." She informs. "Reid." She calls.

"All except one." Spencer says. "Kate's SUV -- none of the shootings were anywhere near it."

"Maybe it's personal." JJ says. "This death card they gave us... they delivered on it."

"That's just it -- they haven't." Spencer says. "With a cell as large as this one and multiple targets to choose from, they target a single SUV?"

+++

"Morgan's safe." Emily informs.

"Good. Thank God." Rossi says.

"This is the unsub Morgan chased into the subway." Spencer says, holding a photo. "This is the one Prentiss shot. Garcia's running them through VICAP."

"These are smart, well-educated kids, hand picked and trained to be martyrs. They're not gonna be in any government file and they won't have rap sheets." Rossi says.

"Hotch and Kate are at St. Barclay's Hospital." JJ informs.

"How are they?" Rossi asks.

"Well, Hotch is in the ER, Kate's in surgery. Morgan's on his way down there now." JJ informs.

"The media's reporting this as a failed attack on 26 Federal Plaza." Emily says.

"Well, it's not." Rossi says.

"They're not the only ones. Homeland security feels the same way."

"They're wrong." Rossi says.

"They found nothing at any of the sites that you told them that these guys were targeting. Maybe this thing is over."

"Or maybe that's exactly what they want us to think. As soon as the bomb techs identify the device, I want to know about it." Rossi says. "Can you get in tighter on the bomber?" The image zooms in on the bomber. "There, in his hand. He's using his cell phone."

"Joyner and Hotch approached the van."

"Why not wait until they both get in?" Emily asks.

"Guess he figured they were close enough." Brustin says.

"Wouldn't you wait until they were in it?" Emily asks and he shrugs.

"So far these guys have accomplished nothing." Spencer says.

"Nothing?" Brustin asks. "My partner was shot -- Cooper? 8 innocent people were killed. 2 agents blown up. Not to mention Emily's suicide by cop. Is that not enough?"

"That was memorable." Rossi nods to a 9/11 poster.  "This isn't."

~ ~ ~

"Everything -- everything they've done so far has appeared to be something it's not." Rossi says.

"I don't follow." Brustin says.

"The seemingly random acts of murder, the attempt to hack into our security surveillance systems." Spencer says. 

"The suicide by cop to make us all believe that it was over." Emily says.

"Don't forget the death card telling us they know we're watching." JJ adds.

"All diversions." Bedelia says.

"To ensure our attention and analysis of any given situation would than incorrectly inform our profile." Spencer says.

"So the first responders were not the real target?" Brustin asks.

"Hotch and Kate were a diversion too?" Emily frowns.

"From what?" Brustin asks.

"Morgan." JJ points to the phone she's on. "Hotch wants you guys over there now."

"What do we tell homeland security?" Brustin asks as the four team members get their stuff to leave.

"Tell them if they love this city as much as you do to keep it locked down. It's about to get hit." Rossi says.

+++

"Are you okay?" Emily asks Hotch.

"Yeah. I just want to understand why I'm still alive." Hotch says.

"I think the idea was to maim, not to kill." Spencer says.

"Did you identify Sam, the bomber?" Hotch asks.

"Garcia put him and the other dead unsub into every known database. Nothing." Spencer says.

"We know how terror cells evolve. They learn from one campaign to the next." Rossi says. "How to stay off radar like the London Bombers."

"Yeah, but they, uh, they hit at 8:50 in the morning with a series of coordinated blasts aimed at London's transportation system, and this cell targeted a lone SUV where the only people on the street are 2 federal agents." Hotch says.

"It's not multiple targets, it's one target." Derek says. "One target, one bomb."

"Garcia said the device was placed under Kate's SUV." Rossi says.

"It was likely made of oxydizing agents, including chromates, peroxides, perchlorates, chlorates, and red mercury, all jammed into a device no larger than a cell phone." Spencer says. 

"Imagine what a bomb the size of an oil drum could do." Derek says.

"Yeah, but to make something that big, you'd need a chemical engineer." Hotch says.

"Like the recently deceased Dr. Azahari Husin." Rossi says. "Asia's most wanted bomb-maker. Authorities dubbed him the, um, Demolition Man. He treated each bomb like a work of art. One wrong move... he becomes a victim of his own creation. He'll be more revered than all of the people who died as a result of his devices."

"Stop the bomber, stop the bomb." Emily says.

"To do that, we need to know how they would deploy something that big." Derek says.

"Hotch." Spencer points to the laptop. The group watch Kate and Hotch approach the van as it explodes.

"Did you ever find Sam's cell phone?" Hotch asks.

"Yes." Derek nods.

"Did he ever call 911?" Hotch asks.

"No. He dialed one number 6 times every few minutes." Derek says.

"It was a disposable cell." Rossi says.

"Garcia tracked the number, but it went dead minutes after Sam died." Bedelia says. "Whoever had it destroyed it."

"Well, if he didn't have a secondary device to detonate, there's only one reason that he stayed with us." Hotch says.

"To make sure the ambulance got to you." Rossi says.

"And in a city on lockdown, an ambulance with its siren blaring and lights on, it's gonna make it through every roadblock virtually uncontested." Emily says.

"And straight into a hospital with a bypass order on it." Hotch says.

"What?" Emily asks.

"Secret service has a bypass on this hospital." Hotch informs.

"Secret service? Who are they protecting?" Rossi asks.

"That's who Sam was calling, the paramedic on the ambulance." Spencer says.

"The ambulance which I drove in here." Hotch says. "This hospital is their target. Let's go."

~ ~ ~

"Hey." Derek calls. "Who you got in here?"

"Why is that information important to you?" The agent asks.

"The ambulance I drove in here -- where is it now?" Hotch asks.

"In the basement. Why?" He asks.

"There's a bomb in it." Derek informs.

"What?"

"It's rigged." Hotch states.

"It's rigged to assassinate whoever it is you're protecting." Emily says. "You need to get them and everyone else out of here right now."

"We can't do that. He's undergoing surgery as we speak." The guy says.

"The paramedic I came in with -- do you have eyes on him?" Hotch asks. The guy points to a security camera, showing the paramedic turning a corner. "That a cell in his hands?"

"Garcia, can you remote access the cell phone grid I'm in and jam all the frequencies?" Rossi asks.

"Yeah, I can, but only for a short period of time." Penelope says.

"There's a bomb in the basement of this building." Rossi says.

"I'm on it." Penelope says.

"Look, he's coming back." Emily points out. "He's gonna detonate the bomb manually if he has to."

"Where did Morgan go?" Hotch asks.

"He went to find the ambulance." Spencer says, watching Derek run down the stairs.

"Alone?" Hotch asks.

"Very Morgan move." Bedelia mutters.

"Let's head down." Rossi says.

~ ~ ~

"He's going to the basement." Hotch says.

"Stairs." Emily says.

Spencer opens the door to the staircase and Rossi goes in, clearing it. The other four follow him in and they make their way downstairs.

~ ~ ~

They're in the basement and come across the elevator. The four secret service agents are dead in the elevator. The door slides open and shut, one the men's legs preventing it from closing.

"Guys." Spencer whispers, nodding to the bloody footprints. They follow the trail. They find the guy sitting on the ground, leaning against the fence.

"FBI." Rossi says, the five aiming their guns at the man. He holds a knife to his throat.

"Put it down. It's over." Hotch says.

The man slits his throat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

617K 15.8K 33
κ’° 🏹 κ’±Ψ˜ ࿐ ΰΏ”*:ο½₯゚𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ dr. spencer reid attempts to do everything in his power to distance himself from the new...
1.2M 25.5K 39
❝ it's okay to be afraid of the monsters, it's just not okay to let them win ❞ { criminal minds } { no set season }
9.4K 69 23
-Sometimes the odds just aren't in your favour- *I don't own any of the criminal minds character* *will and JJ aren't together and henry is nonexiste...
15.5K 662 15
[ criminal minds -- seasons 1-15 ] Clara Reid Stand Alone: Never Grow Up I DO NOT own Criminal Minds, any of the show's characters or storylines. I O...