Love beyond time (book one)

By harrys-kitten-xx

"Ready?" "Ready When You Are.." Some times it's difficult to live in a family who has so many secrets. That's... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 6

6 0 0
By harrys-kitten-xx

Gwendolyn's POV

Aunt Maddie was sitting abnormally still, with her blue eyes wide open, staring at nothing, her hands holding on the ends of the table like her life depends on it, and the color was drained off her face, making her look like a ghost.

"Aunt Maddie? OH GOSH MUM WHAT HAPPENED TO HER? AUNT MADDIE! DO YOU HEAR ME??" I reached to touch her hand but mum pulled me back by the waist.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!"

Caroline started crying.

"WHAT HAPPENED?" Nick shouted, hugging his sister in a n attempt to calm her down.

"WE SHOULD CALL 911! (A/n I don't know if they use 911 in England :P) "MUM DO SOMETHING!"

"EVERYBODY CALM DOWN. She is okay, she is just having a vision." Mum said. "It will be over soon.

"Are you sure?" Aunt Maddie's cold, empty stare was scaring me.

"It's cold all of a sudden." Nick whispered. "Do you feel it too?"

Caroline was sniffling in nicks embrace. "Make her stop please." She said while burying her head in her brother's chest."

"LUCY!" Someone screamed suddenly. We jumped scared before we realized that this someone was aunt Maddie. It really was cold in here now. I looked around, but there weren't any ghosts in the room. "Lucy, my precious angel. She is leading me to a tree. It's a tree with red seeds. Where is she now? I can't see her. There is something there, under the tree. It's a sapphire. An egg... A sapphire egg. It's so pretty! Now it's breaking. There is something in there, a bird, a crow. It's jumping on the tree." She started giggling, but her eyes remained the same, and her hands kept holding on the table.

She stopped laughing again. "Now I'm flying, I'm flying with the crow to the stars. There is a tower there. A huge tower, with a big clock on the top. Someone is sitting on the clock. Get down little girl!" Now I could hear the fear in her voice clearly. "She will fall, what is she doing up there? A big bird is going in circles above her! It will attack her! GWENDOLYN!"

I couldn't take it anymore, I broke out my mum's grasp and grabbed aunt Maddie by her shoulders while shaking her. "I'm here aunt Maddie, look at me!"

Aunt Maddie turn to look at me. Her face was back to normal. "Oh my angel." She said. "It was very dangerous to climb up that tower."

"Are you okay now?" I looked at my mother. "Are you sure she is okay?"

"It was just a vision." She said calmly. "Everything is fine now."

"No it's not. It was a bad vision." Aunt Maddie said. "Well, the beginning was nice."

Caroline wasn't crying anymore and she was standing next to Nick, both of them staring at aunt Maddie. "It was so creepy..." Nick said and Caroline nodded.

Aunt Maddie turned to mum and said; "I saw Lucy, Grace. She hasn't changed at all since then. This beautiful smile..." Mum's eyes were glossy and she looked like she was ready to break down crying any minute now.

"I didn't understood the rest though..." she continued. "A sapphire egg, a crow, Gwendolyn on the clock and then this big bird.. Did you understand anything?" 

Mum sighed. "Of course not aunt Maddie. It's your visions after all..." and she sat on a chair, her elbows resting on her thighs, her hands massaging her temples. 

"I don't understand them either though.." aunt Maddie said. "Did you write down what i was saying so we can tell everything to your mother?"

"No, I didn't".

Aunt Maddie pulled a small notebook out of her pocket and a pencil. "Let's start then. So, at first there was Lucy, then the tree. Red seeds.. Apples maybe? Then there was the sapphire, egg shaped... Oh I'm hungry. I hope you didn't have dessert without me. Today i should get at least two pieces. Or maybe three."

-----------------time lapse till bed time :D----------------- 

"What happened before was so creepy!" I said. Caroline and Nick were already asleep while I was sitting at the edge of mom's bed and was trying to find a way to tell her my problem. Mom today something happened and I'm afraid it might happen again.

"It was the first time i witness aunt Maddie having a vision." I said.

"It was the first time she was having one during dinner time." she answered, while taking her face cream from the night stand.

"And... Should we listen to what she is saying?" Mum shrugged. "What can i say? You heard how weird they sound. In a way, you can find a meaning to them. Three days before your grandfather died, she had a vision about a black panther jumping on his chest."

"Grandpa died from a heart attack... So it makes sense!"

"I told you they have a meaning. Do you want some face cream?."

"Do you believe in her? Aunt Maddie I mean...and her visions."

"I believe aunt Maddie really sees what she is saying. That doesn't mean that she sees is what will happen in the future. Or that they mean something."

"That I don't understand."

"It's a bit like your ghosts baby. I'm sure you can see them, jut like i believe that aunt Maddie has visions."

"That means that you believe i'm seeing ghosts, but not that they exist?!" I yelled getting up.

"I don't know if they exist. What I believe is something completely different." she said.

"But if they don't exist, that means I'm imagining them. Which means I'm crazy!"

"No." mom said. "It just means that... Oh my love, I don't know. Sometimes I think that in this family everyone has a little wild imagination. And that we would live a lot better if we just believed in what normal people believe."

"Yeah i get it."I said. Maybe it wasn't the best time to tell her the news. Mom, I need to tell you something. Today me and my wild imagination traveled in time.

"Come on, don't act all offended" mom said. "I know there are stuff between the sky and the earth that we can't explain, but there is a possibility that we give more attention to them than we should. I don't believe you or aunt Maddie is crazy. But honestly, do you believe aunt Maddie's vision had something to do with your future?"

"Maybe."

"Really? Are you planning on climbing on a tower and sitting on a clock there?"

"of course not. but maybe its metaphorical." 

"Maybe yes, maybe no." mom said. "Now go to bed, love. It was a tiring day." She glanced at her white clock that was resting on her wrist. "Let's hope Charlotte is okay. I really want her to be over with this thing." 

"Maybe Charlotte has a wild imagination too." I said. I got up and kissed mom on the cheek. I would try talking to her tomorrow. Maybe.

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Gwen. I love you."

"Me too, mom."

-----------time lapse (again) till an hour later----------

I was tossing around my bed, trying to get some sleep. All the thoughts i had wouldn't let me rest. I surely had some more imagination than normal people, but imagining that I'm time traveling is a complete different thing!

People who imagined this kind of things were in mental hospitals. Maybe I was like these people who claimed they were abducted by aliens.

I couldn't help but wonder, what's worse? Being crazy, or time traveling?

After a while I managed to get some sleep, only to wake up a few minutes after, with this well known dizziness.  I panicked, what should I do? I got out of bed as quick as I could and started running to my mother's bedroom. I didn't care if she thought I was crazy, I just wanted it to stop.

I reached her bedroom's door when i felt it. My body felt like it suddenly was tossed in the air and i closed my eyes tight, waiting for the worst.

When I opened them again I was at the same hallway, in front of my mother's bedroom door. I was a false alarm? But then I noticed that it was much brighter than a second ago. It was morning here! Also, the walls were painted a dark brown color and the lights at the ceiling were different.

I heard voices from Nick's room. Feminine voices.

I quickly got up. How would I explain that I suddenly appeared here? Wearing Hello Kitty pyjamas?! I needed to hide somewhere, before whoever was in Nick's room could come here any time. Thank god I know the house very well. 

I saw the doorknob twist, signalizing that the people from Nick's room would come out. I did the first thing that crossed y mind, hide in the closet. 

I heard footsteps passing in front of the closet and going down the stairs, then everything fell silent. I sighed in relief. Now what? Wait until i go back to my time? This was definitely the safest choice. With a sight i crossed my hands over my chest and got ready for a boring eternity...

Behind me, in the dark someone groaned. 

SOMEONE GROANED! What the hell?!

"Kate, is that you?" the voice behind me said. "Did I fall asleep?"

Oh my gosh! Someone was sleeping in the closet.

"Kate? Mary? Who is this?" the voice asked. Then I felt a hand touching my back. Before the figure could grab me I jumped out of the closet and started running.

"HEY! wait!!" 

I glanced behind me to see a blond man with electric blue eyes getting out of the closet and started running after me.

I went down the stairs. Where should I hide now? the man was hot on my heels, yelling: "Thief! Get the  thief!"

Thief? What would I steal in the closet? His shirts? Maybe I didn't heard correctly... He had a weird accent anyways... Was he Irish?

I decided to run to the storage, which was underground and try to hide there. While running though,I accidentally hit a girl who was carrying a basket full with eggs, causing her to drop it. Luckily, the man slipped on the broken eggs and i won some extra time. I quickly ran down the stairs and went in the storage, which, just like in my time, was full of dust. I sat in the corner and listened to what the voices said above me, to ignore the fact that i was in a dirty, dark storage, which could be full of rats and spiders.

"I think she was a thief, I've never seen her before." a voice said

"She ran downstairs. Maybe there are more than one in here."

"It's not my fault miss Mayson. She fell on me. Maybe she wanted Lady's jewelries."

"She must still be in the house, I was at the door the whole time. Someone lock the door. Let's search the house" a woman said.

Oh my god... everything was just so... surreal!

I was sitting in my pyjamas in a dirty place full of spiders, maybe rats and I was accused of stealing! All these because Isaac Neuton was WRONG.

I was so frustrated that I started crying. Maybe these people would pity me if they saw me in this condition.

Then I felt dizzy again. It was the first time I actually felt relieved to having this weird feeling in my stomach.

I took a deep breath. There wasn't any reason to panic. i was back, I was home... I was in my time's storage... Were there still spiders.

I felt something lightly touching my face. Okay, there was a reason to panic! I jumped up, moving my hands all over, accidentally throwing a lamp (at least I think it was a lamp) on the floor, breaking it.

The door opened, and Mr. Bernhard turned the lights on, staring at me confused.

"Where you looking for something down here Miss Gwendolyn?" he asked. "Maybe I could help you find what you need."

"I... ummm... you know..." I stutter, not knowing what to say. "Wait, what are you doing down here?"

"I heard noise." He replied. "You look... dusted."

"Yeah..." I quickly rubbed my eyes to get rid of the tears, hoping Mr. Bernhard didn't see them. Then I walked past him to go back to bed. 

"Goodnight Mr. Bernhard."

"goodnight"

-------------------------------------------♥--------------------------------------

Done with another chapter!! :D Aunt Maddie is creepy >.< 

I'm sorry it's not a good chapter, but it's rushed cause when I was writing it yesterday the power went off and I lost a big part of it I hadn't saved so I had to rewrite it :/ anyways please vote and comment, i love reading your comments :)

Love you all!!! 

~Flora ♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 10.8K 13
[COMPLETED] You never know what you have until you are about to lose it.
16.7K 677 75
"Be careful of love" She said. "It'll twist your brain around and leave you thinking up is down and right is wrong" She pulled away from his warm emb...
763K 22.3K 85
By: ZerriesGap "A girl once told me to be careful when trying to fix a broken person because you may cut yourself on their sharp edges." {k.w.} Note:...
In Between By Ria

Mystery / Thriller

696 60 21
She'll push you away if you try to get close, don't take it to heart. You'll only get stuck in a whirlwind of emotions and time. It's highly advised...