La Lune et ses étoiles

By LovelyIzzzzy

La Lune et ses étoiles - The moon and Its stars Regulus comes back from the winter holidays with a werewolf's... More

...
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV

IX

1 0 0
By LovelyIzzzzy

IX
March 10th 1978

     I was walking down the staircase to get to the train before it left for the spring holidays; I saw Sirius as usual with James and Remus waiting to get on the train. Sirius makes eye contact with me and comes over to me. I already know what he is going to say.

"You should come with us to the Potters," Sirius says.

"I can't and you know it," I replied.

"You can. There is a full moon over the break. They will for sure know if they don't already." Sirius said with a sad tone.

"They sent me a letter that I had to. What would happen if I didn't come? They will find me or they will find you." I said.

"Well then, so be it. I can't have you getting harmed by them," Sirius says.

"I don't have a choice, Sirius, so please just leave it. I will see you after the break." I replied coldly, then walked away.

I was sitting in an empty compartment when the door opened, revealing a rather frazzled look.

"You can't go back there," James says sternly.

"This isn't up for discussion," I said, not looking down at the floor.

"It is. I can't allow you to go. You know what they will do to you and worse when they find out." James says.

"I know what they will do! But I have to go or they will find Sirius." I replied.

"Love," James whispered.

"Don't 'love' me!" I said.

"Please don't go," James replied softly.

"You know I will regardless of what you say," I replied.

"I wish you wouldn't," James said.

"I wish I wouldn't too," I said, barely audible.

James sat down next to me and leaned my head on his for the rest of the ride. This is how we were sitting.

I got off the Hogwarts Express walking towards Kreacher who was standing there as usual sent by my mother because she couldn't be bothered to come herself.

"Master Regulus," Kreacher says with a bow.

"I wish you wouldn't call me that," I replied.

Kreacher nodded, then grabbed my hand and apparated us to the entrance of the Noble House of Black. I let go of his hand and Kreacher disapparated again with my bag to put it away, probably. I walked up the stairs to my bedroom. Dinner would be soon and I would be expected to be ready.

I sat on my bed minutes away from dinner in my nice outfit, mentally preparing myself for what would come. I had a headache forming and I could feel the moon's pull, but that was regular now that the moon was close.

I walked down the stairs, then into the dining room and sat down at my spot.

"Good evening Mother, father." I greeted politely.

"Regulus, how has the new term been treating you?" Orion asked 'Father'.

"It's been good. The classes are hard, but not too difficult," I replied.

"Good," Orion said.

"Any suitable lady's yet?" Walburga asked 'Mother'.

"Not yet," I said.

"You have time, but you should pick soon so we can plan it," Walburga said.

"Yes, mother," I replied.

The rest of dinner was fairly smooth, which was surprising considering how they were normal. There was something wrong. I could sense it, but I'm not sure what. yes but it would explain why they were acting nicer than usual.

"Regulus, would you join us in the drawing room?" Walburga asked.

"Of course," I said politely. Here it comes.

I walked into the room and sat down on the couch near the window and fireplace.

"We have something to address tonight that we have been brought aware of," Orion said.

"Oh," I said in a confused tone.

"Yes, we have been told by a classmate of yours something intriguing," Walburga said.

"What?" I asked.

"They said they had overheard you talking about werewolves," Orion said.

"I had a Defense Against The Dark Arts essay." I lied.

"Don't lie to me!" Walburga shouted.

"We will give you one more chance," Orion said. "Why did they overhear someone talking about you being a werewolf?" Orion added in a calm tone.

"I don't know." I stuttered.

"Crucio!" Walburga shouted.

"We warned you not to lie," Orion said.

"You won't do as a werewolf, but you would make a rather nice carpet with the soft fur," Walburga said.

"No, no, please." I cried, still buzzing with pain from the curse.

Hours later, after a dozen more curses and beatings, I was lying on the ground with barely any feeling and no more tears to shed each time my nerves twitched. I looked at the fire that I was lying next to and then looked at the floo powder that was next to it. I reached out weakly and knocked the vase full of power into the fireplace. I was tempted to floo to the Potters, but I didn't. I didn't want to prove them right.

I weakly made myself up the stairs and into my room, collapsed into my bed, still sore and bleeding from multiple cuts.

~
March 24th 1978

     I was sitting on the Hogwarts Express, not moving because that caused more pain. I had spent the rest of the holiday in multiple alleys just to escape being near my parents. The moon was bad and since I already had injuries before the preexisting cuts got worse and more were made, I was pretty sure I had lost more blood than I should have. 

I must have fallen asleep because I woke up feeling warm. I jolted upwards, causing a wave of pain to go through my body.

"Hey, you're fine," James says, pulling me downwards.

I look around and see Sirius sitting in the corner and Remus sleeping with him.

"They're sleeping, don't worry," James says.

"How long did I sleep for?" I asked. My voice sounded raw.

"Maybe two hours," James says.

"Oh," I replied.

"Why didn't you come after they did this?" James questions.

"They didn't do it, the wolf did." I lied.

"The wolf didn't do all of this. Please don't lie," James says. I sigh, knowing nothing gets past him.

"I didn't want to worry you," I replied.

"You worried me by going back to me and you are worrying me now that I know you are hurt and still bleeding for Godric knows how long," James says.

"I'm sorry," I replied.

"Don't go back there, please," James says.

"I won't," I replied.

"Promise me," James says.

"I promise," I replied.

"Good," James says. He brushes back the hair on my forehead and then kisses me.

I woke up next, feeling cozy and warm. It sounded like I was in the Marauders dorm, which meant I missed dinner. I could hear Sirius and James arguing from the sound of it.

"I should have made him come with us," Sirius said.

"He wouldn't have listened." James says.

"I know, but I should have known," Sirius said.

"You couldn't have known about this," James counters.

"I'm an awful brother, aren't I?" Sirius says.

"You're not, you're just worried, which you shouldn't be. He will come with us for any breaks. I won't allow him to go back and I don't think he wants to go back either." James explains.

"You're right," Sirius replied.

"I know I am," James says.

"You think he will be okay?" Sirius asked.

"He's patched up, and the bleeding has lessened, so I think physically he will be, but mentally I can't say," James says.

"Okay, well, that's better than nothing," Sirius replied.

"Exactly," James says.

After that, it went quiet and dark and I fell asleep once more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.7K 887 34
"You look like a painting, Reg," whispered James, genuine adoration plastered in every inch of his face. "Is that a good thing?" Regulus knitted his...
2.4K 113 11
"Reggie? Regulus? Whats wrong?" James tried to reach out to him, but Regulus pulled himself away. His chest felt like it was being ripped out, his th...
13K 409 22
(front cover by @sophithil on ig) Regulus Black hates James Potter. He hates him because he's loud, obnoxious, stupid and worst of all a brother-stea...
167K 2.7K 15
❛❛ Do you have a brother? ❜❜ Regulus Black has always been the perfect son since his brother left. He did what he was expected of. But when his broth...