The Eminence in Shadow: The D...

Par Lighningtzzz

Kazuto Kirigaya had finally found the tranquillity he'd longed for. With his beloved circle of dear friends... Plus

Chapter 1: When It All Started
Chapter 2: Pursuit of Shadows
Chapter 3: Clash of Blades and Revelation
Chapter 4: Kirito's Intervention
Chapter 5: Yukime's Resilience
Chapter 6: Mastering Magic and Unlocking Potential
Chapter 7: Whispers in the Shadows
Chapter 8: Undercover Charades
Chapter 9: An Interrupted Date
Chapter 10: Moonlit Pursuit
Chapter 11: Clash of Fates in the Underground Abyss
Chapter 12: Shadows Converge
Chapter 13: Shenanigans Around
Chapter 14: Market Mayhem
Chapter 15: The Unseen Gambit
Chapter 16: Shadows and Synergy
Chapter 17: The Mundane Masquerade
Chapter 18: The Unwanted Charade
Chapter 19: Blades of Defiance
Chapter 21: Theatrical Intrigues and Daring Rescues
Chapter 22: Cleansing the Shadows
Chapter 23: The Powerful Convergence
Chapter 24: Shadows and Secrets
Chapter 25: Portals and Punishments
Chapter 26: Veiled Prophecies
Chapter 27: A Mission From Mitsugoshi.
Chapter 28: Secrets and Strife
Chapter 29: Kirito's Unexpected Duel
Chapter 30: Dancing with Danger
Chapter 31: The Academy's Incident
Chapter 32: Kirito's Resolve
Chapter 33: Kirito, Shadow And The Mysterious Clock Tower
Chapter 34: Decisions and Departures
Chapter 35: A Day With A Princess
Chapter 36: Ticking Time of Misfortunes
Chapter 37: The Knight and the Enigmatic Spirit
Chapter 38: Kurumi Versus Kirito
Chapter 39: A Pact Sealed in Light and Shadow
Chapter 40: Kirito, Aurora and Cid's Odyssey
Chapter 41: Chains of Aurora's Past
Chapter 42: Confrontation In The Holy Ground

Chapter 20: Bonds of Steel

1.1K 44 34
Par Lighningtzzz

Zenon's face contorted in anger as Kirito halted his attack on Alexia. "Looks like Alexia found herself a new bodyguard, or should I say, a pet," Zenon sneered.

Alexia turned her gaze toward Kirito, who stared back at Zenon with a serious expression. "Back off, Zenon. I'm neither a pet nor a bodyguard. I'm her friend," Kirito asserted firmly.

Zenon scoffed, "A friend? How quaint. I didn't know you were collecting strays, Alexia." He leered at Kirito, "Your 'friend' here seems more like a lost puppy than a formidable swordsman."

As Zenon met Kirito's unyielding gaze, a flicker of doubt crossed his face. He hesitated, then reluctantly sheathed his sword. "Fine, enjoy your little playdate, but remember, you can't run forever, Alexia," he warned before disappearing.

Kirito sheathed his sword, shaking his head. "That guy is absolutely nuts," he remarked, glancing at Alexia.

Kirito approached Alexia, offering a hand to help her up. "Are you alright?" he asked, concern etched on his face.

Alexia hesitated for a moment before accepting his hand, a small smile forming. "I'm fine, thanks," she replied, brushing off the dirt from her clothes.

Kirito nodded, relieved. "Glad to hear that."

A faint blush colored Alexia's cheeks as she tried to express her gratitude. "Um, thanks for stepping in back there. I appreciate it."

Kirito smiled, "Anytime. Friends look out for each other."

As Alexia looked at Kirito's warm smile, a realization dawned on her. In that moment, she saw beyond the fierce swordsman facade and recognized the genuine guy who had her back.

With a subtle struggle, Alexia finally mustered the courage to bring up the topic of their pact. "Kirito," she began, "about us pretending to be a couple..."

Kirito, puzzled, raised an eyebrow. "Pretending? What do you mean?"

She let out a sigh, her words tinged with a mix of relief and regret. "You don't have to keep acting as my boyfriend. Zenon's threats were the reason for the charade, but I think we can handle it differently now."

Taking a deep breath, Alexia looked into Kirito's eyes with sincerity. "Kirito, I've been trying to handle everything on my own, but I realize I might need some help. Would you mind... training with me? I want to become stronger, not just for dealing with Zenon but for myself. Will you be my sparring partner and help me improve?"

Kirito blinked in surprise at Alexia's request. "Training? I thought we were doing a pretty convincing job as a couple," he joked, a smirk playing on his lips.

Alexia, taken aback, furrowed her brows. "Kirito, this is serious. I'm trying to be sincere here."

Kirito's smirk faded as he raised an eyebrow, "Sincere? About training? You really need my sword skills that badly?"

Alexia, now slightly irritated, crossed her arms. "No, not just for the sword skills. I mean, yes, for that too, but I want your help to become stronger overall."

Kirito burst into laughter, "You're serious about this? Alright, I guess I can be your personal trainer."

Alexia's eyes lit up with gratitude. "I'm glad," she said earnestly. A warm smile formed on Kirito's face as he nodded in agreement.

"And, Kirito," she continued, "your secrets are safe with me from now on."

After one week...
Under the cover of darkness, members of the Cult of Diablos stealthily infiltrated the orphanage, their sinister intentions evident. The dimly lit corridors echoed with the soft shuffling of their footsteps as they kidnapped unsuspecting children.

One of the cult members, cloaked in shadows, urgently whispered to the others, "Hurry, we need to be quick before the guards catch wind of our presence. We can't afford any interference." The sense of urgency fueled their swift actions as they moved with calculated precision, abducting children from their beds.

Swiftly and silently, the Cult of Diablos members loaded the frightened children into waiting carriages. The dim moonlight revealed their cloaked figures, their faces obscured by shadows. As they focused on their task, one of the cult members, glancing over the carriages, froze in realization.

"Who the hell is he?" the cult member whispered urgently, spotting a dark figure standing atop one of the carriages.

The mysterious figure, clad in dark coat and carrying a menacing sword, slowly stepped forward. The moonlight glinted off the polished blade as he raised his head, revealing piercing eyes beneath the black mask.

"I am none other than your demise," the Dark Swordsman declared coldly, his voice cutting through the tension in the air.

Their leader, trembling, unsheathed his sword and stammered, "We need to kill him, now!"

As the Dark Swordsman advanced, a deadly dance unfolded. With each step, the cult members fell, their attempts to strike futile against the swift and precise movements of the dark figure.

The leader, now visibly scared, watched helplessly as his comrades met their demise. The Dark Swordsman finally stood in front of him, his cold gaze piercing through the shadows.

Fear evident in his eyes, the leader struggled to maintain composure. The Dark Swordsman, with an air of ominous calmness, asked, "Under which seat of the Knights of Rounds do you work for?"

The leader, realizing the gravity of the situation, stammered out, "I... I serve the Fifth Seat, Lord Fenrir. Please, spare me!"

"I see," the Dark Swordsman uttered coldly, his voice resonating with an eerie calmness.

Without hesitation, the leader felt a swift, chilling sensation as his head was cleanly sliced off. The Dark Swordsman, now holding the severed head, declared, "I spare no one who doesn't even flinch after killing innocent children."

As the moonlight revealed the aftermath of the confrontation, the Dark Swordsman scanned the surroundings. Ensuring no witnesses lingered, he swiftly transformed into Kirito.

Taking a moment to assess the situation, Kirito spoke, "By the information I've gathered, it seems the person responsible for controlling the Midgar region through the Cult is called Fenrir." His expression turned serious as he contemplated the challenges ahead.

Kirito approached the carriages with a solemn determination. Gently removing the blanket, he revealed the frightened faces of the kidnapped children. With a reassuring smile, he spoke softly, "It's okay, you're safe now. I'm here to help."

He carefully lifted each child from the carriage, offering comforting words to ease their fear. "Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you."

Kirito's concern deepened as he looked at the frightened children. "Sending them back to the orphanage might not be the safest option," he mused, contemplating a more secure solution for their well-being.

Suddenly, a chilling aura swept through the air, causing Kirito to instinctively unsheathe his sword. He positioned himself protectively in front of the children, his gaze fixed on the ominous woods.

"I know you're there," Kirito declared with unwavering resolve, his sharp gaze piercing the shadows.

In an instant, a shadowy figure leaped from the woods, launching a swift attack at Kirito. Reacting with lightning speed, Kirito blocked the strike with the side of his sword and forcefully pushed the assailant away.

The attacker stumbled backward, their identity still concealed in the darkness. Kirito maintained his defensive stance, ready for any further threats. "Who sent you?" he demanded, his voice cutting through the tense silence.

The shadowy figure, revealing razor-sharp claws, lunged at Kirito in a swift and silent attack.

Reacting with precision, Kirito deftly parried the claws with his sword, pushing the assailant away.

"You seem to favor those claws," Kirito remarked, his eyes narrowing as he prepared for the next move.

Without hesitation, Kirito rushed towards the figure, his sword meeting the deadly claws in a clash of steel against hardened claws. The two locked in a brief but intense struggle.

As they faced each other, the figure sneered, "Impressive, Coal guy."

Kirito blinked in utter confusion at the unexpected comment. He slowly lowered his sword, his expression a mix of bewilderment and disbelief. "Coal guy?"

The mysterious figure grinned mischievously and then, to Kirito's surprise, leaped forward to give him a tight hug. A distinctive wagging tail caught Kirito off guard.

"Huh? Delta? Is that you?" Kirito asked, still trying to make sense of the situation.

Delta beamed with excitement. "Yep, it's Delta! You really have gotten stronger, Kirito! Delta thought to test you out with a little surprise attack. Nice reflexes!"

Kirito, with a slightly bemused smile, gently tried to extricate himself from Delta's tight hug. "Easy there, Delta. I appreciate the surprise, but let's not make it a habit," he teased.

As he managed to create a bit of space, Kirito looked at Delta with a grin. "You really got me good with that surprise attack. And speaking of getting stronger, it seems like your enthusiasm is as powerful as ever."

Delta grinned back, her excitement undiminished. "Of course! Delta is always ready for a good challenge, especially with her favorite sparring partner."

Kirito, still recovering from the unexpected hug, patted Delta on the shoulder with a chuckle. "Hey, Delta, you might want to sit down for this. I've already taken care of the Cult of Diablos."

Delta's ears perked up in confusion. "Cult? What cult?" she asked, her tail swishing in bewilderment.

Kirito blinked in disbelief. "Wait, don't tell me you forgot your mission already?"

Delta crossed her arms, a defiant glint in her eyes. "Alpha-sama said Delta should hunt some bad guys around. Cult or not, they were on the list!"

"Delta, all the bad guys are gone. I took care of them," Kirito assured, a confident smile on his face.

Delta, however, began to sniff the air, her nose twitching. "I still smell someone pretty strong and frightening around here," she stated, a hint of concern in her voice.

Kirito chuckled, trying to downplay the situation. "Come on, Delta, you might have hurt your nose during our little sparring session. I made sure to deal with any remaining threats."

Undeterred, Delta approached Kirito, her sharp senses at work. She leaned in, sniffing his body. "Delta's nose never lies," she declared, a serious expression on her face.

As Delta continued her intense sniffing, Kirito started to feel increasingly embarrassed. "Uh, Delta, could you, uh, maybe ease up on the smelling?" he awkwardly requested.

But Delta wasn't deterred. "Something's off. Delta knows it," she insisted, her nose still inches away from Kirito.

Attempting to divert her attention, Kirito chuckled nervously. "It's probably just your imagination, Delta. You know, sometimes our senses play tricks on us."

Delta, however, remained unconvinced. She straightened up and stared at Kirito with a serious expression. "No tricks. Delta is sure she smelled something," she declared with conviction.

Feeling a bit cornered, Kirito tried to play it cool. "Really, Delta, it's nothing. Just a regular day in the woods, you know?"

Delta's gaze intensified as she looked directly into Kirito's eyes. "Kirito, you can't fool Delta's nose. What did you do?"

Sweating nervously, Kirito attempted innocence. "Do? Nothing! Absolutely nothing."

Delta, unyielding, shook her head disapprovingly. "Kirito, Delta thought we were a team. How could you eat wild boar's meat without Delta? It's our thing!"

Realization dawned on Kirito's face as he scratched the back of his head. "Oh, that. I, uh, might have had a little snack. You know, just a nibble."

Delta's serious expression instantly transformed into that of a disappointed child. "How could you? Delta was looking forward to sharing wild boar's meat together!"

Delta's eyes welled up with tears, her lower lip trembling. "How could you betray our sacred wild boar meat pact?" she whimpered dramatically.

Panicking, Kirito attempted to console her, patting her head awkwardly. "Delta, it was just a small nibble! I didn't mean to break our pact. I promise I'll make it up to you somehow!"

The next day...
In the serene garden bathed in morning sunlight, Kirito stood with his sword at the ready, ready to guide Alexia through her training. The rustling leaves and the gentle chirping of birds provided a peaceful backdrop to their practice.

"Remember, Alexia, focus on your stance and keep your movements fluid," Kirito instructed, demonstrating a series of precise sword techniques.

Alexia nodded, absorbing Kirito's every move. With determination in her eyes, she mirrored his actions, practicing each technique with increasing confidence.

As Alexia executed a complex sequence, Kirito observed her with a keen eye. "Impressive, Alexia. Your form is getting much better. Keep it up."

A sense of accomplishment surged through Alexia as she heard Kirito's encouraging words. "Really? You think so?" she asked, a hint of disbelief in her voice.

It's been one week since Alexia began training with Kirito, and the progress is undeniable. Kirito, impressed by her dedication, observes her executing sword techniques with increasing skill.

Alexia, fueled by determination to master Kirito's unique swordsmanship, adds her own flair to the movements. Her improvement surprises even Kirito, who acknowledges her progress with encouraging words.

However, what catches Kirito off guard is Alexia's newfound closeness. Despite the end of their fake couple charade, Alexia has become more clingy, seeking comfort and support from Kirito beyond their training sessions.

Alexia paused during their training, her curiosity evident in her eyes. "Kirito, I've always wondered, where did you learn such incredible swordsmanship?"

Kirito hesitated, his mind racing to find an answer that wouldn't reveal the gaming origins of his skills. "Well, it's a long story. I had a cousin who taught me everything I know."

Alexia's eyes widened with interest. "Your cousin must be quite formidable. What's their name?"

Caught off guard, Kirito struggled to come up with a believable name. After a moment of hesitation, he blurted out, "Vasilisa."

Alexia raised an eyebrow, a hint of skepticism in her expression. "Vasilisa? That's an unusual name. I've never heard of anyone with that name."

Kirito, trying to maintain his composure, chuckled nervously. "Yeah, she's not very well-known in this continent. Trained in seclusion, you know. But she's an amazing swordsman."

Alexia smiled, a hint of excitement in her eyes. "I hope I get the chance to meet Vasilisa someday. It sounds like she's an incredible swordsman."

Kirito, feeling the weight of his fabricated tale, nodded. "Yeah, I miss her too. We used to spar together all the time."

"Speaking of sparring, Alexia, how about we focus on something new today?" Kirito suggested, attempting to change the topic. "Let me show you the art of feints – a skill that can catch even the most experienced opponents off guard."

Alexia's eyes sparkled with curiosity. "Feints? Sounds intriguing. Teach me, Kirito."

And so they continued their training session.

Delta's Playfulness:
Delta's surprise attack on Kirito isn't just a test of his skills but also a playful nod to their past encounters and sparring sessions.
She used to have a peculiar way of showing appreciation to Kirito. In an attempt to strengthen their bond, Delta would go on epic quests to hunt down wild boars and proudly present them to Kirito as gifts.

The Terrible Liar:
Kirito claiming to have a cousin named Vasilisa wasn't his finest moment of improvisation. If truth be told, he probably had better luck with in-game boss battles than coming up with believable family backstories on the fly!

The Insane Mentor:
During one of their training sessions, Alexia, fueled by admiration for Kirito's dual swords-wielding skills, expressed her eagerness to learn the art of dual blades.

With a bemused smile, Kirito gently dissuaded her, saying, "Alexia, mastering dual swords requires a special kind of insanity. I can't have you out-crazy me. Stick to one sword; it's safer for everyone involved."

She will definitely learn that.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

42.2K 1K 46
Sigurd Pendragon Is His Name In New World After Get Reincarnated,His Family Is Royal Family That Famous Swordsmanship And Knight.When He's Born,He Ha...
68.5K 1K 24
"Have you ever truly experienced the feeling of losing your sense of reality?" These words echoed mysteriously in Kirigaya Kazuto's mind one day. Lit...
1.5K 241 66
"𝗜𝗳 𝗜 𝘁𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗸𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝗲, 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗮𝘁 𝗺𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲...