Running From The Darkness (On...

By Midnight_Wolf

Living alone in the woods is Jasmine's freedom. The woods is the only place she knows as a home. The only pla... More

Prologue
Chapter 2~ Bi-Polar My Ass!
Chapter 3~ Unwanted Visitor
Chapter 4~ Unexpected!
Chapter 5~ Little Visit
Chapter 6~ Saved!
Chapter 7~ Different...
Chapter 8~ Dead Meat Mutt!
Chapter 9 ~*~ Yes or No?
Reader's Note

Chapter 1~ In The Mist

1K 20 4
By Midnight_Wolf

Previously: 

" "This is just fucking great!" I growled at myself. Only to be silenced as I heard a faint noise around me. I looked around frantically, but couldn't see anything. Shit. I kept looking, not wanting to give up. I could feel my body trembling softly in fear, my nerves were haywire. I spun around in circle rapidly, trying to find out what was out here with me, and where it was. But my body froze in complete fear as I stood still in my place. Only to hear the sound people dread of hearing in the woods, while they are alone. Snap! " 

________________________________________________________________________________

The loud snapping sound of a twig nearly scared the life out of me, but whatever was out here it was watching me. I stood still not wanting to move, but my body was telling me to run. I looked around, and saw nothing. But I heard the sound again. "Hello?" I yelled. Bad choice. Suddenly I heard a growling sound, I took a couple steps back ready to run for it, until I bumped into something hard. Stupid tree. As I turned around I realized it wasn't a tree. I screamed and ran for my life. The wild animal chasing after me.

I couldn't stop, I glanced behind me again and saw that the animal was closing its distance on me. I turned back around and saw that the mist was clearing up. I could hear the roars grow louder and closer. It's massive paws hit the ground, breaking anything under its weight. My mind was still a blur, but I didn't stop running. Before I could reach the clearing the big animal tackled me to the ground. Its large jaw clamped shut on my shoulder. I screamed in pain and it dug it's claws into my back and bit down harder.

If I wanted to live, I was going to have to fight. It only took a matter of seconds to shift, I heard the loud poping sound of my bones, and as soon as they poped I was already transformed. I was the quickest shifter here. I growled, taking the form of a wolf. The bear was caught off gaurd as he heard me transform, with that he dropped me. I growled and circled around him, my wolf a little bit more then half his size as he stood on his hind legs. I bared my teeth still circling him. He had his eyes locked on me, but wasn't quick enough to block my attack.

I lunged forward biting into his neck, and slamming him to the ground. His claws raked my side and his hind legs kicked me off. Landing on my feet I didn't waste any time, I ran towards him. I jumped into the air for another attack, only to be hit back down. I winced in pain as my body hit into a tree. My vision started to blur. No. I wasn't going to pass out, not now. I stood up, almost falling back down, but I shook my head nad lunged at the bear again.

I bit into his side and shook my head, I heard his loud roars, and winces of pain as I tore a chunk of his flesh out. I growled again, and began to circle him. I jumped up again and tackled him down, my claws were digging into his stomach while my jaws tighten their grip around his neck. After a long moment he stopped struggling from under me, and laid still. Blood spilling from his open wounds. I finally let go and jumped off, looking at the dead animal before me. I threw my head back and let out my victory howl. I won.

I looked around, and saw that I was by the stream, the same one that would lead me home. I glanced back down at the bear, and snorted with disgust before trotting away. After about an hour I reached my home, I wagged my tail happily as I raced towards the door. I pawed at the knob trying to open it, then growled at myself. Duh, I needed to shift back. I heard the loud popping and breaking sounds of my bones. It always made me sick, but never sick enough to throw up. I quickly opened my door and walked inside, racing upstairs to change out of my bloody clothes and take a long shower.

'I can't believe that i won a fight with a bear!' I smiled, only to be interupted by my wolf.

'You also had HELP from ME!" she said in a snotty tone, I just rolled my eyes.

'Yeah thanks' I mumbled. I had took a long shower, which felt great to get that blood off. I looked at the clock and it was almost midnight, I groaned and climbed into bed. Before I could go to sleep I heard a howl. I ignored it thinking it was my imagination or maybe my wolf howling in my head over her victory. But I was saddly mistaken as I heard it again, this time more clear.

I sighed and climbed out of bed walking towards the window, and just then a small group of wolves walked out into the clearing towards my house. I growled and climbed out of my window. "Get out of my territory!" I yelled standing on the roof, but they didnt budge. I growled pissed off. I wanted some time alone, which you think you would get being the only one in the woods for a couple of miles. But no.

But what shocked me was that the wolf in the front looked at the other wolves, and they all disappeard but him. I sighed. "What do you want?" I said irriated. He shifted to human form, I couldn't really see what he looked like, but damn was his voice sexy. "I dont want any trouble, I just want to talk." He said clearly, but I could tell he had a grin on his face. I rolled my eyes and walked back inside locking my window and laying back down.

I dont care what he wanted to talk about, but he wasn't coming inside. Hell no. But of course I was always proven wrong, as I heard a window being broken into. That ass hole broke into my house! I growled and raced downstairs, but saw no one. I growled again and opened my front door, but saw no one again. I took a couple steps outside, and just then I saw him standing there in the trees in wolf form grinning. I was pissed, he broke my window and he thought it was funny. My body started to shake, and before I could stop myself I shifted.

I lunged myself towards him, growling, but he ran deeper into the woods. I growled and ran quicker, but he was to fast. I snarled. 'Stay off my land mutt!' I thought to him, walking back home. I could still feel his presence, and it only made me more mad. I shook my head and picked up my pace, trotting back to my house, but he wouldnt let me. I growled and struggled under him as he pinned me down on my back. I snarled. 'Let.Me.Go.' I growled mad. I can feel my eyes were blood red.

 But he licked my cheek. Strangely it calmed me down a bit, but not enough. I glaced at him shocked, and watched as he shifted back to human form. WTF! I took it as my only chance of getting free, I bit his arm and threw him off. I ran towards my house, which I could see in the distance. But I heard him shifting back. Shit. My body ran faster, my legs moving swiftly beneath me. I felt my face slam face first into the door. I groaned and shook my head. 'Little to fast' my wolf said sarcasticly, but I realised it wasnt my speed that slammed me into the door of my house, but it was him. I growled and snapped at him, but he grinned and bit hard into my shoulder. I winced in pain. Thats the second damn time I was bit in the SAME damn shoulder.

I growled, and winced in pain as he bit down harder, I looked at him tears filling my eyes. The pain grew stronger, but it soon went away as he let go and licked the wound he had just made. I snarled and tried to push him off but he wouldnt budge. The only things racing through my head was...What's Next? What was he going to do?

________________________________________________________________________

So how is it so far? 

Is it good? 

What do you think will happen next, any ideas? :) 

Well hope you guys enjoy it, I have other books that i will be uploading new chapters for, and new books I will be adding. Well hope you enjoy the books, please vote and comment! Thank you and much love ~Mid.

©Copyright Jonaiya Rogers, 2011

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 99.9K 66
Narrowly escaping an attack by wolves, Jaylin Maxwell is driven towards the alluring Quentin Bronx. Together, they unleash the beast inside Jaylin's...