The insecurities of dating a...

By hopllessromantix

"You don't know how long I've waited just to be close to you like this" he admits and it makes my heart flutt... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Spotify playlist
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Update
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHPAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38

Chapter 26

114 0 0
By hopllessromantix

Diere

I step out of the shower drying myself off and throwing on some pajamas. My wet hair soaking my shirt with water. When I walk outside my room I hear Augusts voice downstairs. I walk down to see what's going on and I see my mom and august sitting down at the dinner table. He's holding a bag of frozen peas to his face.

"August what happened!??" I say as I run downstairs grabbing the frozen package pulling it away from his face to see a reddish-purple bruise on his face.

"I'm fine me and my dad just got into it" he says in a sigh. I place my hand on his cheek assessing the bruise.

"Your dad did this?! What the hell is wrong with him." My mom shakes her head grabbing more frozen food from our freezer swapping it out for the peas.

"He was just telling me that his parents kicked him out." Mom says sitting back in her chair. I look over at him in shock and concern. I knew his dad was mean but I didn't think he was that horrible.

"What the hell! They can't do that" my voice involuntarily raising. He's there kid there's no way they can just kick him out on the street.

"They can I'm 18 now" he explains but that's not good enough of a reason for me.

"Where are you gonna stay?" I ask out of curiosity. But I know he's probably gonna stay with Ray.

"I said he can stay here" my mom interrupts and I look at her smiling. August living here?!? This can either be really good or really bad. "On the couch!"

"Wait what about all your stuff?" August looks up at me with a smirk grabbing my waist pulling me closer to him as a hold the bag of frozen fruit on his eye. My mom clears her throat and I move away from him slightly. His hand still lingering on my waist.

"They're going out of town soon so I can just get it when they leave but for now wanna go to target with me?" He ask and I could just marry him right there. Target is my favorite place on earth but I'm supposed to be grounded. I look at my mom with a frown clasping my hands together in a plead.

"Can I please??" I ask dragging it out like a little kid asking for candy. My mom shakes her head rolling her eyes.

"Fine you guys have 1 hour that's it" shes say rubbing the temples of her forehead.

"Thanks mom we'll see you later" I say running up to her and giving her a hug before grabbing Augusts hand and walking to his car."Okay what do you need I'll make a list" I ask as he starts driving off.

"I don't think we need a list" he laughs but I'm not joking.

"Not making a list is how you spend unnecessary money on things you don't need" I explain opening my notes app.

"Good thing I have this" he pulls out a credit card that I'm guessing is his dad's . I don't think spending his dad's money is a good idea when he's already mad at him.

"Is that really a good idea august. I don't think you should do anything to make him angrier" I ask and he just smirks placing a hand on my thigh.

"Who gives a fuck. He gets mad about everything. And besides he didn't take it away from me and the charges will probably go to my mom since she handles all his banking stuff" he says rubbing circles on my thigh reassuring my worries. I guess he's right.

"Okay...if your sure" I say still a it skeptical. He parks at target and turns toward me.

"Stop worrying and let's goooo" he says opening the car door and walking over to open mine. He grabs my hand in his leading me into the store.

"Okay where too first?" I ask as he grabs a cart.

"Hmm probably the self care isle" he responds. The self care isles is at the back of the store and I really don't want to walk that far.

"Oh no I'm starting to feel dizzy and my legs feel so wobbly I don't think I'll be able to walk" I say sarcastically holding on to his shoulder.

"You're such a dork"I bat my eyelashes knowing that always gets him to give me whatever I want and it works again"get in the cart" I smile placing one leg in the cart then the other wrapping my arms around my legs pulling them to my chest.

"Thank you kind sirr" I say I'm a horrible British accent. I can feel him roll his eyes behind me. As he pushes me down the aisles he starts going faster and faster until we're going at least a 100 mph.

"Stoppp! You're going to fasttt!" I laugh holding onto the cart from dear life.

"Gotta be quick we only have an hour remember!" He says standing on the bar at the bottom of the cart as we're catapulted across the store.

"Okay!okay!slow down now!" I scream as we reach the the self cars aisles. He listens hoping off the cart and slowing it down turning into the aisle.

"Okay what do I need" he ask and I look at him confused. How does he not know what self care products he uses.

"What are you talking about" I ask.

"My mom usually gets this stuff for me" I laugh in awe. He's never shopped for himself?!" You're unbelievable" I say jumping off of the cart. I look around searching for everything he needs. I get him deodorant, body wash, face wash, moisturizer,toothbrushes and toothpaste throwing it in the cart.

"Don't forget razors I need them to shave my beard" he says holding up a shave kit I laugh grabbing it and placing it back.

"You do not grow a beard." I say grabbing his face feeling for a stubble. And there's nothing his face might be more hairless than mine.

"Yes I do I'm a man diere men grow beards" he says forcing a deeper voice. I shove his shoulder playfully rolling my eyes. I continue looking down the aisles when I see some hello kitty face masks.

"We should get these." I say holding them up proudly. He shakes his head no immediately.

"You wanna get that but not my manly shaving kit."

"There cute we could be matching" he walk over and grabs one of the mask assessing it and looking at me with a face that reads "are you serious" but he places them in the cart anyway. I smile in victory prancing down the aisles.

"Is there anything else you need?" I ask looking around for anything else he might need while he's staying. I think we have everything else at home.

"You know what I really need more than anything?" He asks and I shake my head no. "Pot stickers"

"Pot stickers?" Out of anything he could have said I wouldn't have thought that would be the answer.

"You've never had them?" He gasps.

"Never"

"We've gotta get some" he says running down the aisles looking for them. I follow behind him pushing the cart trying not to hit anyone. Once he finds them he puts 5 bags of them in the cart.

"You need that many?"

"Baby you don't understand there so good I can eat a whole bag in a day." I laugh at his serious tone and exaggeration.

"Okay we'll get all of them. Now is that it" I ask one last time.

"Yup let's go" he says walking ahead leaving me behind with the cart. We got to the self checkout scanning our items then heading to the car. On our way home we stop by Dairy Queen to get my siblings some ice cream.

"Mom we're back" I yell but no answer."she must be sleep. But instead of my mom Rowan comes downstairs her Dino plushie in hand. She runs straight to august ignoring me.

"Hey ro what are you doing up so late?" He asks and she starts tearing up.

"I had a bad dream. Can you read me a story?" It's the cutest thing I've ever see. He looks over at me and I nod my head.

"Of course come on" he grab s her picking her up and taking her upstairs I follow behind them heading to my room after I place Augusts food in the freezer. Then placing his stuff in my bathroom. Grabbing my clothes and shuffling my playlist I head into the shower quickly washing myself off than stepping out wrapping a towel around my body.

"Hey are you-"

"Am I what?" I ask looking at him through the mirror as I do my skincare. He clears his throat.

"Sorry I didn't know- I was about to ask where you done so I can take a shower." He says placing a hand over his eye but peeking through them.

"Yeah you can" i reply placing three drops of my serum in my hand then running it on my face.

"But your-"

"You're acting like I haven't already seen you naked" I laugh and he covers his face with his hand. "It's okay I won't peak promise."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 2.5K 5
𝙸 πšπš‘πš’πš—πš” πšŠπš‹πš˜πšžπš πšπš‘πšŽ 𝚍𝚊𝚒 𝙸 πš–πšŽπš πšπš‘πšŽ πš™πšŽπš›πšπšŽπšŒπš πšœπšπš›πšŠπš—πšπšŽπš›, 𝙸 πšπš‘πš’πš—πš” πšŠπš‹πš˜πšžπš 𝚞𝚜
98.9K 2.1K 24
A college love story about an openly bisexual college student falling in love with her down low lesbian classmate. Tell me what you think. Enjoy! *al...
1.7K 31 56
November 25, 2018 , a date I would never forget. I didn't know that I would literally meet the love of my life. The person that I would kill over and...
430K 22.1K 44
--COMPLETE--- There are whispers of a monster in the woods. What happens when said monster saves your life? TRIGGER WARNING FOR R*PE/ABUSE PLEASE IF...