Our Baby | Dramione

By ahfeels

The war is over and a year has passed. Hogwarts, now rebuilt, is back open for business. The seventh years ha... More

T w o
T h r e e
F o u r
F i v e
S i x
S e v e n
E i g h t
N i n e
T e n
E l e v e n
T w e l v e
T h i r t e e n
help i guess
the plan !

O n e

61.7K 1.3K 1.3K
By ahfeels

Who would I be

If I had not loved you?

How would I know what love is?

- What would I do, Falsettos

* * *

     "Hermione," Draco called out from the kitchen. "It's time to get up." He put down two plates on their small kitchen table and filled them both up with pancakes, bacon, and toast. "You said that you wanted to get to the station early, which means you have to get up early." He walked into their bedroom and planted a gentle kiss on her forehead, in an attempt to get her to fully wake up. 

     "Good morning." Hermione spoke in a quiet voice as her eyes fluttered open. She looked up at Draco standing above her and smiled brightly.

     "I made you breakfast." Draco said happily as he opened the curtains in the room, letting the natural light in. "I promise this time that I didn't burn the toast."

     "Thank you, Draco." Hermione spoke with a slight chuckle in her voice. She rubbed her stomach. "I think this little guy is hungry too." She said with a smile.

     "I bet he is." Draco said and helped Hermione stand up. They walked over to their kitchen table together and sat down. Hermione looked down at the food prepared before her and began to eat.

     "Big breakfast for a big day." Draco said as he shoved a big bite of pancakes into his mouth.

     "Draco," she said in a loving way. "Thank you so much!" She took a bite of her pancakes. "These are incredible! Are you sure that you made these yourself?" She said with a laugh.

     A slight blush formed across the apples of Draco's cheeks. "Okay fine," he laughed "You caught me. I bought them from the local diner, but if I had made them myself they wouldn't taste nearly as good. You know how horrid I am at cooking." They laughed in unison.

     They both finished their tasty breakfast rather quickly and walked back to the bedroom to get ready for the day ahead of them. Putting on causal outfits, they finished packing the rest of their bags. Once the two were ready, Draco grabbed the luggage and took it out to their car. Draco had never really been fond of driving before, but Hermione had spiked a newfound interest for it inside of him.

     "Ready?" Draco said with an sigh. He truthfully wasn't upset that they had to go back to school for another year, but even though he would rather not admit it, he was extremely anxious. What would people think? He put on a face and made it seemed like silly school gossip didn't bother him, but now that Hermione was pregnant with his child, he knew the rumors would be terrible about them.

     "As ready as I'll ever be." Hermione told him and shot a reassuring smile his way as they drove off in the direction of the train station.

* * *

     They arrived at their destination at 10:50 a.m. Draco opened the trunk and grabbed both his and Hermione's heavy luggage.

     "I'll take my bag." Hermione said proudly as she reached for her bag.

     "Um, no you will not." Draco said matter of factly as he moved the bag away from Hermione's reach. "I don't want you carrying anything heavy. The last thing I want is for you to get hurt." He grabbed both bags and led the way into the station.

     She rolled her eyes at him. "You do know that I can do things on my own? Right Draco?" She pouted. Being as strong willed as she was, there really wasn't much worse than someone looking down on her and treating her in a way that was belittling.

     "Of course I do 'Mione." Draco sighed. She always liked to prove that she could do anything and he was fully aware of that. "I would just rather be safe than sorry. Let's just go to the train now and find our seats. I don't want to be one of the last few seated." Draco said smiling at Hermione. He just loved her so much. A year ago if someone would have told him that he was gonna fall head over heels for Hermione Granger he would have sent them to a mental hospital. But now he was in love with her and she was in love with him. Life sure works in mysterious ways.

     "I want a room to ourselves, so you're right, we better hurry up." She said as she looked down at her pocket watch which was a gift from her father.

     "There," Hermione pointed, "Platforms 9 and 10." They looked around to make sure that no muggles happened to be watching them and they ran through the the platform wall. "I don't think I'll ever get used to that." Hermione laughed. Surprisingly there weren't that many people at the platform.

     "Why aren't there that many people here? I've never seen it this empty." Draco asked scratching his head.

     "Some people decided to stop sending their kids to Hogwarts once they found out about the crazy stuff that goes on here and especially because of everything that happened with the war. So I guess people have started sending their kids to Drumstrang or something similar." Hermione explained.

     "Oh, I guess that makes since." Draco said. "Even with everything that's happened at Hogwarts, I could never think of going to any other school."

     "And then there are others, like Harry and Ron that don't get here till 10:59." Hermione said with a laugh "That reminds me, we need to board the train now so we can get our own compartment." They boarded the train together and headed to one of the compartments. People stared at them and whispered to each other. Hermione and Draco did their best to ignore them.

     "Is that Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy?"

     "No, it can't be."

     "But they look li-"

     "Come on don't be crazy, Cho it's not them."

     "Whatever you say."

     Hermione didn't care what anyone thought of her now. She had already heard every form of gossip possible when people first found out that she was pregnant. She closed the compartment door and sat down across from Draco.

     "So," Draco looked at her "I know going back to Hogwarts is going to be hard with everything that's happened, especially now." He looked down at her stomach and smiled. "But we will get through this, as long as we do it together." Draco told her in a loving way.

     "I know," Hermione said "but what about Harry, Ron and Ginny?"

     "What about them?" Draco asked confused.

     "I haven't talked to them for 6 months, Draco 6 months is a long time." She looked down at her stomach. "I haven't told them about us. I haven't told them about the baby." She fiddled with the ring on her finger. "I didn't even tell them about the fact that we eloped! Ginny will kill me when she finds out that I had my wedding without her!" Hermione said in a half joking manner.

     "To be fair our wedding wasn't anything big. We didn't even have bridesmaids or groomsmen, Hermione we got married in your parents living room!" Draco laughed. "They are still your friends and they will love you for who you are not the silly mistakes that you made, even though marring me was not a mistake." Draco said with his trademark smirk. Hermione slapped his arm playfully. "I know what will cheer you up." Draco popped his head out of the door and signaled someone to come over. 'Oh please don't be one of my friends' Hermione thought. It wasn't. It was the lady with the candy cart.

     "Pick whatever you like!" Draco said and kissed her on the cheek. Hermione looked and the cart. So many delicious candies from her childhood were right in front of her. She gleefully grabbed a handful of sweet treats.

     "Pregnant women, eh" He said to the candy seller as he paid her. "They have quite the appetite." Hermione kicked Draco in the shin. "And apparently, quite the attitude as well."

     "Really!" She kicked him playfully once again. Draco laughed at her frustration. "Do you have to say it loud enough for the whole school to hear!"

* * *

     They had to go their separate ways when they entered the Great Hall, being separated by the house tables. "I love you, Malfoy." Hermione said happily.

     "I love you too, Malfoy." Draco gave her a small peck on the lips. Ever since they had gotten married it became their "thing" to call each other Malfoy. "Oh," Draco said, "How can I forget our little baby Malfoy? I love you as well mini Malfoy." He said with a chuckle.

     "Draco I have to sit down. I'll see you soon though." She waved goodbye and made her way over to the Gryffindor table.

     "If you say so." He said with a fake pouty face and walked to the Slytherin table.

     "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome!" Mcgonagall welcomed from behind a rather large podium. "Because this is Hogwarts first year back since the war I would like a moment of silence for all of the deceased." The room was silent. "Thank you," It was extremely obvious that Mcgonagall was holding back tears. "I would like to welcome back all of the seventh years who are coming back to retake their last year at Hogwarts." Everyone clapped. "Now everyone, please enjoy the feast!"

     Draco found a seat next to Blaise and Pansy. "I'm starving!" Blaise exclaimed as he looked excitedly at all the food that was in front of him. Then he looked over at Draco who was staring at the other end of the room with his head propped up against his hands. "Aren't you hungry mate?" Blaise asked Draco.

     "Not really," Draco replied "I had a lot of sweets I the train. Kinda ruined my appetite." Draco shrugged.

     "Draco?" Pansy let out an audible gasp, "What the fuck is on your finger? Is that a ring!"

     "Mate, when were you gonna tell me you got engaged?" Blaise asked dumbfounded.

     "Married actually." Draco replied with his infamous smirk.

     "What!" Blaise almost choked on the piece of chicken that he was stuffing his face with. "And you didn't think to invite me?"

     "Blaise, calm down. It was a small wedding at her parent's house. We didn't have any groomsmen or bridesmaids it was just our two families. Nothing special." Draco explained to his friend.

     "Why did you guys decide to get married so young?" Pansy asked and surprisingly not seeming like an ass for the first time in her life. Maybe she has changed. But why?

     "Um, well you see." Draco scratched his head debating on how to break the news to the two. "We had plans to wait but then I accidentally got her pregnant."

     "What!" Blaise almost choked once again. "Today you're just full of surprises, Draco. Pansy do you have any secrets you would like to tell us?"

     "Um, well you know how I've been acting a lot nicer right? Or at least I'm trying to." The boys both nodded. "It's because my new boyfriend has been rubbing off on me. He super sweet so I'm trying not to be a dick all the time."

     "Who?" Blaise said and took a sip of his tea. "I live for all this gossip."

     "Ron Weasley." Pansy said and waited for their shocked responses.

     "Really?" Draco asked "Pansy Weasley, has a nice ring to it. You'll be a odd addition to the family. I'll be at your wedding." He said with a smirk.

     "We're not engaged." Pansy said quickly and flared at Draco. "I dont have any plans for that for a long while."

     "I was only kidding Parkinson." Draco said, "But if you two do get married I'll be there. Most likely because my wife will force me to be there."

     "Yeah, about you wife." Blaise questioned Draco, "You never told us who the lucky girl was."

     Right after Blaise finished what he was saying Ginny Weasley stood up out of her seat at the Gryffindor table and yelled loud enough that everyone heard at Hermione. "What! That's why you haven't talked to any of us in six months?"

     Blaise raised an eyebrow at Draco, "How many months pregnant did you say that you wife was?"

     "I didn't say." Draco looked at the Gryffindor table to see if he could catch a glance at Hermione to see if she was okay. Getting yelled at by Ginny was never a fun thing.

     "So, if I have to guess," Pansy said, "your wife is about five or six months pregnant.?"

     "Five months." Draco said and locked eyes with Hermione from across the hall.

     "Merlin's beard, you got Granger pregnant!" Blaise exclaimed with a laugh.

     "Well, technically now she's a Malfoy."

     "Holy shit! Mate that's even better!" Blaise said while laughing hysterically at Draco.

     "Why is this so funny to you?" Draco asked extremely puzzled.

     "It just is." Blaise said and playfully punched Draco on the arm.

     Pansy just sighed as she watched Blaise. "This is why we're his only friends. No one else is crazy or stupid enough to hang out with him."

* * *

     Hermione took a seat at the Gryffindor table after saying goodbye to Draco. She sat next to Ginny and across from Harry and Ron. After Mcgonagall made her speech they all turned to Hermione.

     "So, how's the Gryffindor Princess doing?" Harry asked Hermione in a joking manner. "We haven't talked in forever."

     "I'm good," Hermione told them and smiled. "but there is something I really need to talk to you guys about but you have to promise not to get mad at me."

     "We promise" they all stated. Ginny eyed the ring on Hermione's finger.

     "Hermione!" Ginny said. "When were you going to tell us you got engaged?"

     "Married actually, that's why I needed to talk with you guys." Hermione hoped that they didn't hate her for not telling them. "That's not the main reason I needed to talk to you guys. I married young because I'm pregnant." Hermione said the words quickly trying to make the awkward situation end as quick as she could make it.

     "What!" Ron and Harry gasped.

     Ginny stood up. "What? That's why you haven't talked to any of us in six months!" Hermione looked at her and signaled her to sit down. "Sorry," Ginny apologized. "I forgot about the whole trying not being mad at you part."

     "I'll explain it more when we get back to our common room, I just don't want to talk about it in the open like this." Hermione told them as she fiddled with the ring on her finger.

     "So," Harry spoke up trying to ease the tension in the room. "Who's the lucky bloke?"

     "And this is why you're all going to hate me. It's Draco Malfoy." Hermione told them. Ginny and Harry looked horrified, but Ron started to laugh. "Why is this so funny to you?" Hermione looked at him quizzically.

"It just is. " Ron let out, still laughing hysterically.

//////////////////////////

So this is the first chapter of my new fanfic. I hope everyone enjoys!

If you have any questions just ask I'll be happy to help

Please vote and comment

Love you guys<3

//////////////////////////

Author's note #2: 6/22/18

Woah, I can't believe that I'm actually going through with what I said and going back and editing and finishing the story.

I started this story i believe 3 years ago and I can't believe that some of the original people are still waiting for me to finish. For that I apologize.

For those of you wondering about how Hermione and Draco got together I might do a sequel so don't be too concerned about that.

It would mean the world if you guys let me know how you like this edited version so far and if you think I should continue to finish that. Also please, please, please, check out my other works. I would be so grateful if you commented on those, especially ramblings since that is like my own personal life stories.

Anyway, I'm done for now, it's 2:20 a.m. so I should probably stop rambling.

Lots of love,
Ash

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

489K 9.9K 38
Everyone in seventh year are going back to Hogwarts to finished it. The Golden Trio is backing apart and only Hermione, Ginny, and Ron are going back...
129K 2.8K 18
Draco and Hermione have been having secret meetings with each other since fourth year, they were sadly torn apart when Draco became a Death Eater, ho...
361K 9.6K 50
The Battle of Hogwarts has ended. The damage has been repaired and the school is re opening. Life in the wizarding world is resuming and everyone is...
326K 4.9K 24
« Hermione's last year at Hogwarts is going completely normal - until she finds out she's pregnant. « Hermione's last year at Hogwarts should be pic...