E i g h t

I am sorry this is always how it goes
The wind blows loudest when you've got your eyes closed
But I never changed a single color that I breathe
So you could have tried to take a closer look at me
I am tired of punching in the wind
I am tired of letting it all in
And I should eat you up and spit you right out
I should not care but I don't know how
- Organs, Of Monsters

* * *

"Hermione?" Ginny asked looking at her friend that was sitting across the table.

Hermione didn't look up from her transfiguration homework, but simply mumbled a 'hmm' to signal that she was listening to the girl with the fiery red hair.

"What is a Shrake?"

The brunette looked up and sighed at her friend. "A Shrake," she said "is a fish covered entirely in spines and found in the Atlantic Ocean." First making sure that Ginny was listening Hermione continued. "The first shoal if Shrake is believed to have been created as a revenge against Muggle fishermen who had insulted some sailing wizards in the early 1800s."

The Weasley thanked her friend and continued to do the homework that was in front of her.

Not a minute later Ginny was asking Hermione another question about her work.

"Ginny," Hermione snapped "do you realize where we are?" Hermione pointed to the room that was surrounding them. The two girls were sitting at an oak table surrounded by books. "We're at at library, Ginny, go get a book and look it up yourself."

"Oh," Ginny said almost in a whisper. "I'm sorry, I know that you have your own homework, I shouldn't have asked."

"No Ginny," Hermione pleaded. "I didn't mean it like that. I've just been a lot more irritable then before."

It was true, it was already November, which meant that Hermione was already seven months pregnant. Hermione was pretty stressed with having to do schoolwork as well as dealing with all of the pains that came from pregnancy. Draco had decided that year to take an advanced potions class so he would have better credits. He planned on being a healer after he finished at Hogwarts and Hermione didn't know what she wanted to do yet.

"No, Hermione," Ginny said "You're right, should do my own work."

Just then Harry walked over to the two girls.

"Hey Harry" both of the girls said in unison.

"Hey Hermione, hey Ginny" Harry planted a quick kiss on Ginny's cheek before telling them what he had to say. "Ron, Draco and I are all planning on having a 'guys night' so we were wondering if it would be okay that we all as a group didn't hang out tonight."

"Yeah," Hermione said "that's fine, me and Ginny can just talk and hang out then. You guys go have your little...what did you call it...a 'guys night'?" 

"Yeah," Harry let a small laugh escape his lips. "Ron's idea."

"Of course it was." Ginny rolled her eyes but did let out a small laugh.

Harry kissed Ginny on the cheek and then left to go over to his friends.

"So..." Ginny fiddled with the quill in her hand "How about we have a girls night then?"