blood and fire_ the battle of...

By peninemara23

"you were my favorite rival, you are and you'll always be, I wouldn't want to argue with anyone else" _______... More

โ™กโ—‡โ˜†
prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
oathdow
chapter 8

chapter 4

50 14 28
By peninemara23

The hell?

Someone said my name, but the voice came from my head.

What's happening?

You know exactly what's happening.

I looked at the silver dragon, I know what's happening but this is impossible.

''a dragon can only talk with their chosen rider in their head, they can read their minds and see their memories'' the guide of rider, chapter 48, page 342.

No, this is not happening, the big silver dragon is talking to me, he chose me, he just bonded with me, I'm a rider.

I let out a nervous laugh.

_ ''you're making a mistake.'' I don't know where did I found the courage to speak up like that in front of everyone and two enormous dragons, but I'll worry about that later. ''You don't know me.''

I know exactly who you are Idrees Malendiv; now hop up in my back before you embarrass yourself more.

_ ''no you don't understand'' everyone is hearing what I'm saying but at this point I honestly don't care. '' I'm...I'm not as strong as the others I don't even know if I can keep my seat, I can't even hop on your back, you're way too big.'' My gaze went to Dalia lying on the ground, brain smashed because her dragon was too arrogant and proud to rescue her.

If you fall, I'll catch you, I'm not gonna let you die.

My eyes went wide, and my eyeballs nearly bulged out when he crouched down, his long neck and big head touched the earth. This is unreal a dragon who literally can burn you if you don't prove them worthy of their bond is crouching on the ground so I can hop on his back.

Come on we don't have time, waqas is many things but not patient.

Waqas ?

The general's dragon.

I was frozen in place; he was really talking to me.

My patience has limits too.

A groan came from behind the silver dragon, okay this is my cue, I got out of the trance I was in and took a step forward and put my foot on his neck, his scale are so hard, I was afraid they'd put a hole on my black boots, then I started walking on his neck until I reached his back and sat down, I felt every single eyes on me, everyone was watching judging.

I met Arshad's eyes, and he smirked.

_ ''see you later lavender flower, me and my much bigger than yours dragon.''

I heard a huff on my head.

Good luck finding someone bigger than me.

my name is Asif by the way. He added, turning his head to me.

_ ''are you kidding me, you are making a big fat mistake, she even told you herself, she can't even keep her seat or hop on your back without you crouching down, is this a joke, come on you can be that stupid?'' Kayla was not happy.

Asif lifted his head and moved his body to look at her which got me shaking on his back, I clenched the scale on his back so I wouldn't fall, then he roared on Kayla literally roared, Aeliya and my mom screamed, Kayla took many steps back. Oh my god he's going to kill her.

If you want me to burn her I would.

He's asking me? She didn't just insult me, she insulted him too, if it was with any other dragon, she would have been a sand of cendre the moment she opened that filthy mouth of her.

No. I thought.

She deserves it.

I know but I think the fact that she wasn't chosen and I was is enough torture for her.

Asif retreated back, he folded his wings ready to fly away, and that's when everything registered in my head, the master of dragons or Waqas chose me, I was chosen and then Asif bonded with me, and I became a rider, I'm going to war, probably die there I'm not going to see my mom or dad ever again, Amel too if she wasn't chosen after me, I'm going to leave oathdow, the village where I grew up, the place where I lived the last eighteen years of my life.

I turned my head around, my mom was already looking at me, tears streaming down her cheek, my eyes were also filling with tears, my dad was hugging mom on his side, he looked at me and he mouthed.

_ ''I'm proud of you.''

That made me hold back a sob, than I looked at Amel, she had tears in her eyes and she was smiling so big I'm sure her cheeks must be hurting.

_ ''I love you, I told you, you were destined for big things.'' She signed.

_ ''I love you too.'' I signed back. ''If you don't get chosen, I'm sure you'll become the greatest healer oathdow.... no valaris has ever seen.''

That got her smiling bigger.

My eyes slide back to Dani he smiled at me, I smiled back, and then my gaze went to Arshad.

_ ''Good luck finding a dragon bigger than mine Arshad, I really don't get why you didn't give up yet, and yeah I'm ready to crush you on that race whenever you are ready.'' I winked at him.

He throws his head back laughing.

_ We'll see Malendiv, we'll see.

Then I finally looked at the two who took it as a mission to always make me feel bad about myself, so I throw their joke right back at them.

_ ''I'm going to miss you big sister.'' I can literally see fire going out of my sister ear. ''Take care of mom and dad for me, key?''

And then I waved at them with a big smile on my face.

I clenched my hands around his hard scales with all the force I have.

Ready?

Asif didn't wait for my response before he took off toward the sky, I heard the sound of people clapping and I smiled, I really can't believe this is happening.

Asif accelerated his cadence, oh my god, I'm going to fall, I know, as much as I'm tightening my thights around his back, I can feel them slipping away, my hands are sweating, and he's going too fast.

I made the mistake of looking down; my dad would be ashamed of me, the first thing he told us, when he started training us to be riders was '' never look down when it's your first flight on dragon's back''

I let out a gasp, we're so high, and the people on the ground are only minuscule figure that I can't even distings the feature, even Waqas seem so small from this high, I was so wonderstruck by what I'm seeing that I completely forgot that I was on a dragon back, and that my hand should still be around his scales, the moment I realised that my hands weren't where they were supposed to be, it was too late, I was already slipping from Asif back, I was falling, it all registered when I didn't feel anything under me, air was hitting my face from all directions.

I was falling.

Okay, so this is how I'm going to die, that's what got me when I tried to use my big mouth with my sister down there, and now they're going to see my brain smashed open just like Dalia , and they're going to laugh about it, my mom will be devastated, dad would let out a disappointed sigh.

I was still falling down and down and down the bag on my back filed with books more than clothes is not helping aside from closing faster the distance between meand my death. I think I heard someone screaming my name.

Until I feel something go around my body, I opened my eyes, something white flashed before my eyes, I blinked.

It was Asif.

One of his paws is wrapped around my body. And now we're going up. He catched me, or maybe I'm already dead and I'm just dreaming or seeing what could've happened if I didn't die, is this what we see after dying, what could've we done differently so we wouldn't die? This is horrible.

Stop dramatising, you're not dead, I told you I'd catch you if you fall.

I'm not dead?

No you are not.

How can you be so sure?

I heard a frustrated sigh in my head.

You're making me question my life decisions right now.

And without a head warning or anything, Asif throw me from behind, I fall on his back on my stomach with smack.

What the fuck?

I'm sure if I check my stomach, it'll be covered in blue marks, it hurts,.

At least you're not dead.

_''There's something called privacy, I'm sure you don't know what it's but I'd like some right now.'' I wrapped my hands around his scalps, and tightened my grips around his back, so I wouldn't fall again.

You aren't falling again.

_ How do you know that?

I'm using my magic to keep you there, just don't let go of the scalps and you'll be fine.

My eyes went wide.

Thank you.

He could have let me fall and choose a much better rider like Arshad or Kayla but he chooses me, and now he's using his magic to keep me on his back which I know can drain all his energy.

Don't worry, I have enough energy for both of us, and I would never choose that sister of yours over you.

That put the biggest smile on my face and brought another question is my head but I'd worry about that later.

Thank you, I'm starting to think that you're the best dragon any rider could ever ask for.

I got a shake of wings in respond, which got me shaking on his back, he don't know how to handle compliments, got it.

About the privacy thing, you should get used to be without it because you'll never be alone again.

That got my smile to fall off.

I take back my compliment.

He snorted, literally snorted, the audacity.

We passed many dragons with different colours, red, black, yellow, green, grey, blue, the only silver one is this one right here.

I thought silver dragons disappeared centuries ago. I commented.

Are you denying my existence?

No I'm not. I said quickly, His laugh stopped me on my track. You're messing with me, right?

Humans think that we disappeared, but we are still here, we just refused to bond with riders again. He explained ignoring my last comment. We are much more powerful compared to other dragons, some riders can't handle that much power which can get us in many problems if we don't choose the right person to bond with.

And you thought I'm the right person for you, I really think you are making a big mistake.

I never make mistakes.

Arrogant much.

Well you're making one right now, you really don't know, I can't even hold a sword properly because it's too heavy for me, and you're telling me to handle your powers.

I let out a nervous laugh while shaking my head.

Like I told you before, I know who you are Idrees Malendiv, and I never make mistakes.

Wherever you say. I sighed.

I looked around we were alone, the others dragons are not here anymore, and when I tried looking down, I didn't see Oathdow but instead there was a big forest under us, and that's when I put the pieces on my head, they never told us where we were going, what village are we staying at, are we going straight to battle, where are we going to sleep, outside in tents, in a an abandoned house ?

Asif?

Hum?

Where are we going?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 418 30
Dragons. They absolutely despise humans. Humans. They absolutely despise dragons. Then there was her. A human that loved dragons and hated her own. T...
129K 6.7K 99
Hannah And her Happy Harem After spending her entire life training to become an Olympic level gymnast only to suffer one too many injuries for her bo...
438 97 47
In the world of Dragonfire, anything is possible. Flying, teleportation, invisibility, the ability to create a lightning storm on a whim...anything c...
Rivals By SmilerXO

Historical Fiction

46.2K 2.5K 15
[COMPLETED] Across all nations, only one kingdom stood greater and stronger than the others. The kingdom of Adaresa. The king of Adaresa, King Marlan...