✨Only In My Imagination✨ (Ala...

By ValerieWinks777

Ever since Y/N was a little girl, she would dream of a strange man, always dressed in a red suit, with a frig... More

✨Prologue✨
Ch. 1 ✨What's Considered Normal✨
Ch. 2 ✨Dreams✨
✨(Bonus Chapter)✨
Ch. 3 ✨Won't You Forgive Me?✨
Ch. 4 ✨Christmas Party✨
Ch. 5 ✨The Medium✨
Ch. 6 ✨The Truth About Me✨
✨(Bonus Chapter)✨
Ch. 7 ✨No Harm Shall Fall Upon You✨
Ch. 8 ✨Second Chance✨
Ch. 9 ✨How Can I See You?!✨
Ch. 10 ✨A Pictureshow & Some Conversation✨
Ch. 11 ✨Sick Days & Some Jambalaya✨
Ch. 12 ✨Your Colors✨
✨(Bonus Chapter)✨
Ch. 13 ✨A Touch Of Comfort✨
Ch. 14 ✨Walk In The Park✨
Ch. 15 ✨Window To My Past✨
✨(Bonus Chapter)✨
Ch. 17 ✨Nightmare✨
Ch. 18 ✨The Truth✨
✨(Bonus Chapter)✨
Ch. 19 ✨I Miss You✨
Ch. 20 ✨Rage✨
✨(Bonus Chapter)✨
Ch. 21 ✨The Radio Demon✨
Ch. 22 ✨I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire✨
Ch. 23 ✨A New Beginning✨
Ch. 24 ✨May We Be Together For An Eternity✨
✨(SPECIAL BONUS CHAPTER)✨
THE SEQUEL IS OUT!!!🥰🥳
✨ONLY IN MY IMAGINATION INTERVIEW✨
✨Inspiration✨

Ch. 16 ✨Let's Watch The Rain Together✨

4.1K 130 84
By ValerieWinks777

*Y/N's POV*

(A MUST LISTEN TOO WHILE READING!!!!! Also, be prepared its a LONG chapter😁)

I stare at every little detail in complete awe and amazement, all of which Alastor sees, and chuckles at.

"Wait..." I say, turning towards him, "are we in Hell?!"
He said this was his house, does that mean we're in Hell, cause he's a demon?

Alastor laughs, shaking his head. "No, my dear. I cannot take you to Hell, not until you're dead," he winks, before glancing around at this cozy little home. "This was my home when I was a young man," he brings a hand to his chin, "around twenty four, I believe is when I bought this."

We went back in time again?!

I look around, noticing that no one is here.
"But where is your past self?" I ask, looking at him.
He only smiles, and it takes me about three seconds to see the answer written in his grin.

"Oh. Ohhhh..." I trail off, feeling an unsettling feeling in my chest.
His past self is gone because he is...hunting.

"I should be gone for a while," he says, walking over to the radio and touching it softly, a pleased look in his eyes. "My old radio..." he chuckles, "I've quite missed it."

He looks at me. "You can sit, if you'd like," he smiles.
I walk over to an old two person couch, sitting down and rubbing my fingers against its soft fabric.

It's raining outside pretty hard, and a couple of times, I've heard thunder. All of which Alastor enjoys.
I watch him walk over to the tainted window in front of me, placing one hand on the glass, staring at the rain drops fall.

"It's soothing," he begins to say, eyes lost in staring at the rain. "I have memories of being a child, watching the rain fall outside my window..." his hand falls away, before his smile softens. "I've quite missed the rain."

"It doesn't rain in Hell?" I ask, and he shakes his head.
"Not this sort of rain, anyways," he says. I almost ask why, but the look on his face is an answer enough.

It doesn't rain water, but probably something else. Like maybe fire, or something gross...
Alastor turns towards the window again, and I feel myself rising to my feet, approaching his side to look at the rain as well.

He looks at me, then down at the space between us, before I notice him raising a hand. "Might I hold your hand?"

He asked in a shy way, and I can feel my cheeks blushing from how adorable he sounded.
I nod, taking his hand in mine, lacing our fingers together.

"Hm," he says, "you have very soft hands." He turns to face the window, "let's watch the rain together."

I smile softly, and out of nowhere, I find myself resting my head on his shoulder, which he accepts, and rests his head on top of mine as we both watch the rain in silence.

It's warm...I say in my head, being near him. It's welcoming, something I wish I could always feel.
The feeling is almost fleeting too, because I know that any moment, something could wake me up, and bring me back to the cold reality I live in.

Without his warmth there to comfort me.
It makes me never want to wake up ever again...

"You know, I sometimes wonder..." he says, "what would have happened, if I was...good."

I glance up at him, a little surprised at the sudden mention of it, but I listen to him.

"What would've happened..." he says, "I probably would've settled down, married, had a child or two, and gone to heaven much like my dear mother did..." he trails off, a slight crack in his static voice. "Yes, that is what would have happened..."

He's hurting, I can hear it in his voice, see it in his eyes...somewhere inside of him, there is a part of him that yearns to be something else then the Radio Demon. Someone whose not holding a high reputation, someone who doesn't mask his pain with a smile...

Someone different. Someone who people aren't afraid of.

Suddenly, he raises his head, exhaling a breath and putting on his famous ear to ear grin.
"I wouldn't be me!" he says through a chuckle, "I wouldn't be the Radio Demon, haha. Has a nice ring to it, don't you think? Being good, ha! What nonsense."

He looks at me for approval, but I give him nothing of such.
I won't approve of him for ever trying to hide what he really feels, because I want him to feel like he can be his real self around me, and not worry about his reputation.

He sighs softly. "Do you have any fond memories you like to remember? Any at all?"

I lick my lips, trying to recall a memory of mine I'll always hold dear to my heart, or visualize whenever I feel like breaking.

"Well..." I say, "one of them, is being a kid, with my parents," I smile softly, already seeing it replay in my head. "Sitting on my dad's lap around the fireplace, as my mother would either read me a story or hum under her breath." I extend a hand, as if I'm finger painting the image for us to see. "It was the feeling of safety, love, from my parents..." I say, "that's my memory, because whenever I feel like I'm alone in this world, I'll remember those little moments, and be reminded that I'm not alone. That I have a family who loves me..."

I look up at him. "And what's yours?" I ask.

He smiles a little, hand squeezing mine gently. "Being with my mother," he answers, "but...my recent memory," he raises our hands that our still holding, before I feel him kiss mine.
"Is being here with you."

My eyes widen, and suddenly, the radio changes to a slow song behind us, which makes Alastor look over his shoulder at the radio in the corner, before looking at me and smiling.

"Y/N, may I have this dance?" he asks.

Fear floods my chest. "I, uh, I can't dance," I stutter, because 1: I really can't dance, and 2: the thought of dancing with Alastor very well might push me over the edge of my emotional up's and down's completely.

Alastor chuckles under his breath, slowly pulling me to the middle of the room, before placing one hand behind my back, and placing one of my hands on his shoulder.

"I'll teach you," he smiles, "we will take it nice and slow, just listen to the beat of the music, and let your body dance."

He pulls me closer to him, and heat floods my face and chest, making it hard to breathe.
But, slowly, I feel us sway, side to side, feet going left and right, forward and back.

A slow dance...

He spins me softly, pulling me to him again, smiling down at me.
In all my life, I've never dreamed that this would happen.

Me, dancing with the man who appears in my dreams.
Me, feeling myself slowly fall with each and every day.
Me, falling in love with Alastor.

Is this what love feels like? A deep, burning in the chest, accepting each other for all the flaws, feeling ready to do everything and anything for them, just to keep them happy?

If so, then what I felt for Jason...was not true love.
It was love, yes, but on a different level.

This feels like...true love.

Slowly, I feel our dancing stop, to where we're only holding each other.
I look up at his eyes, and what I see makes my breath hitch.

Love...desire...wish...

He raises a hand, touching my face softly, which I lean into.
For a moment, I could've sworn I saw him tilt his head and lean closer, to me...

And something inside me has me leaning closer, shutting my eyes, ready to accept this, accept him...
Just when I think we're about to touch, I hear a faint beeping sound.

I open my eyes.
No, no no no! Its my alarm!

I pull away from Alastor, dread filling my stomach. I'm not ready to go!
"I don't want to wake up," I say, looking at him again, desperation on my face, which he sees so well, "I...I don't want to go..."

He smiles softly, taking my hand and kissing it gently.
"We'll meet again, my dear. I promise you that..."

I don't want this moment to be ruined...I'm afraid of the next time we meet again, that it won't be like this. That we'll be back to wearing our masks and hiding away any hurt, pain, or...feelings.

"Bu-"

"No," he smiles, "don't say another word. Just...wake up."

★★★

I sit up in my bed, reaching out and literally breaking my alarm clock. "Damn you!" I smash it, before sighing and sitting on my bed, feeling defeated.
We were so close to...kissing.

Heat floods my cheeks, and I bring the blanket up to my chin.

No...no I shouldn't feel like this. We shouldn't feel anything for each other! We should be just friends.
But I fear that I'm too deep now to pull myself out.

I fear that I...have fallen in love with a demon.

I lay back down on my bed, touching the deer plushie he had given me...
"Shit," I whisper to myself, "I've fallen in love with you..."
Something I never knew I wanted until I got it.

A soft smile spreads across my face as I squeeze the toy to my chest.

"I'm gonna do this right," I whisper, "something wants us to be together...so I'm gonna figure this out."

Because I love you, Alastor...
I only pray that you love me back...

★★★
*Alastor's POV*

I sit at the window in my home at Hell, replaying the memories of what happened between me and Y/N like its a favorite song in my head.

For some reason, when I'm with her, I feel as if I'm with an old friend.
Someone I used to know, someone I used to love...when I was alive. Wouldn't it be funny if she actually was someone from my past?

I shake my head softly. I must be over thinking it. Y/N has nothing to do with my past.
I'm just being silly...

Still though, I don't deny the fact that she leaves me with the tingling sensation humans get when they're...what's the word? In love?
My, what a thought! I've been in Hell for quite some time, and I have many demon girls who are head over heels obsessed with me.

Though none has ever caught my eye.
I never thought anyone would catch my eye, but...I'm proven wrong.
Because she, Y/N, has caught my eye. Made me fall in love...

Shame on her! I shouldn't be in love! I am the Radio Demon!
But alas, I find myself sighing in content, leaning forward as I try to imagine her in my head, feeling the warm tingle in my chest.

Oh what the hell, I'll admit it.

I am in love! Love I say!
...with a mortal.

My eyes widen, as my hand falls away from my face.
Oh dear...this is troubling. I can't be in love with a human! I'm already dead! I'm a demon!

But the facts speak for themselves when it comes to Y/N being different amongst the rest of the human realm.
I still can't put my finger on it...what brings us together? What power stronger then I thinks it's right for us to be brought together?

Is this merely a game being played? Perhaps an enemy of mine purposely bringing us together, only for us to be ripped apart in the end? Or is it something else...

I purse my lips, before I rise to my feet and run out of the room.

"Niffty! Bring me every book that mentions reincarnation!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.8K 1.1K 19
You are a newbie in hell when one day you find a job listing in the newspaper for a job at the Hazbin Hotel. You meet some interesting demons, but on...
440K 12K 73
A vengeful soul on Earth is damned for eternity in Hell and there resumes her sadistic fun, becoming well known and recruited as an overlord. But gho...
30.2K 1.3K 49
(placeholder image) Once a powerful angel, now a dirty sinner. She would have never expected this from her own people. Such betrayal coursed deep, so...
130K 3K 34
⚠️WARNING: This story came out long before the first season of Hazbin Hotel, some character information might be wrong⚠️ We all know that down in H...