Unheard Whispers

By _Conteur_

"You aren't a distraction. You can never be you know" he said looking at me with enamoured eyes. "What... More

Prologue
Introduction
Introduction to Characters of the new Generation
The starting of the tale (Ch-1)
Decisions (Chapter-2)
Love you Papa(Ch-3)
Arrival In India (Ch-4)
Changed emotions (Ch-5)
Realisations and Redemptions(ch-6)
Her Changed Self(ch-7)
Surprise (Ch-8)
Yearnings (Ch-9)
Dark side & Promise ( ch-10)
Mastermind (ch-11)
The Real Will (ch-12)
The Haveli (Ch-13)
Intro of Rathore Family
Are you Gay? (Ch-14)
Ms. Skye (Ch-15)
School Friends(Ch-16 )
He likes her? (Ch-17)
Guilts (Ch-19)
Tied Together (ch-20)
Arrival in Jaipur ( ch-21)
Meet my wife(ch-22)
Changes (Ch-23)

My Family (ch-18)

40 3 0
By _Conteur_

Author's Pov:

Four days passed and the next day was the auspicious day on which both Dakshika and Akshar had to visit the temple.

These four days were not like what Dakshika planned, but then again, they weren't bad either. Guess, God had a better plan this time.

Since that day Akshar and Dakshika were able to get a glimpse of each other, but they never met again. While on the other hand Dakshika bonded well with Aarav and Neil.

Neil being an introvert liked her company very much, as with her he felt both comfortable and peaceful. He didn't have to talk when with her and that was also a mojor cause for his liking towards Dakshika.

Akshar sometimes purposely ignored it, whenever he had the chance to meet Dakshika. He didn't want his mental state to be disturbed because of a certain blue eyed girl.

It was evening and Dakshika was sitting in the haveli's garden with the three of them.

She preferred them visiting her place rather than her visiting the palace. She was not comfortable with that. So, most of the time they would meet in the haveli.

"Daksha, so what's your plan for tomorrow? You know we will be leaving day after tomorrow so we have just one last day before we go back to our busy lives." Nidhi inquired.

"Sorry, but I can't be there with you guys tomorrow, I have to visit my uncle's Kuldevi's temple. I was especially here to visit it. So maybe I'll be able to meet you tomorrow only when I return from there which will be by afternoon." Said Dakshika, her voice holding no emotions and her eyes staring the still water in the pond.

"What!? And you didn't find it important enough to tell me, atleast one day Dakshika, you can visit it day after tomorrow, please we are here just till tomorrow." Nidhi requested her in a pleading voice.

Dakshika sighed before answering, " Nidhi there are some things which we need to priortize whether we want or not. I have to go tomorrow itself it's important to be there tomorrow."

"But Dakshika, you-" Nidhi wasn't able to complete her sentence yet when she heard Neil's authorative tone,"Nidhi, stop behaving like a child, you can't force her to go according to you. And she agreed with whatever you asked her to do during these days. Right?"

"But bh-" Nidhi was about to say but Neil asked again, " Just tell me yes or no. Nothing else."

Nidhi lowered her head, " Yes bhai."
Neil continued, "Despite her nature, she quietly agreed to what you said, at least you can do this much for her. If she believes in something, don't go against it if you can't support it."

"I agree with bhai, bacha, you need to understand her." Aarav tried to convince her.

"Offo! Itni badi to baat bhi nhi thi jitna mujhe sunaya gaya hai." Nidhi whined.
(It wasn't even such a big matter, that I was scolded so much.)

Dakshika was silently looking at them. Her mind went back to the difference between her relation with her brothers. It wasn't anything like this, with Dhairya being an exception.

"Okay Dakshika, we'll meet you at tomorrow evening and make sure to wake up early day after tomorrow, to see us off." Nidhi said, faking a strict tone at the end.

Dakshika just nodded, while Nidhi received a smack on her forehead by Aarav. "It's you who needs constant human alarms to wake you up. She wakes early by herself. So you better get up early madam, or else we are gonna be late because of you, not her." He said.

"God what have I done that makes my brothers think that my head is a tabla, and not my head. Jab dekho tab bajate rehte hain." Nidhi murmured.
( They always keep smacking my head.)

After sometime they got up and left to the palace. Dakshika went inside her room and lied on the bed, she has been skipping her dinner since last two days.

And today was just the same. Her mind was chaos. Something in her was warning her to be prepared, for something big going to happen in her life. Thik

Dakshika woke up at 4.00 in the morning. She was standing on the window of her room. Fresh, cold hair touching her face and ruffling her hairs.

She was lost in thoughts when, her phone buzzed. She picked up the call without looking at the screen and answered, "Pranaam Nanaji, I already woke up and I'll be there before 7, you don't need to worry."

"I know that beta, but I want to tell a few things to you. We believe that this is Lord Shiva's day. It's very auspicious for that village.

Although not everybody is allowed to visit the temple before 8, but you won't face many problems. But the fact that Maha guru or one of his shishya will be there, so please be careful not to offend him in any way.

If he says something, please try to follow it. I hope you understand laado." He said, trying to make her understand.

Dakshika, heaved a tired sigh, and said, " I'll try Nanu, but I can't promise. And please allow my men to enter the village premises, you are not understanding me, my life never goes as planned and right now if something happens I have no backup or support."

"You are in a safe region Dakshi, what will happen there, you are stressing about nothing. And still if you need I'll allow your men to enter the premises once it's 8. Now, is it okay with you?" He asked.

"Okay, do whatever you feel is right. I'll talk to you later, bye." She said and cut the call.

She took out a heavy red colored Anarkali with golden embroidery on it, took a shower and came out wearing the Anarkali.

Although she came here, because her Nanu wanted her to do this ritual, in the name of blessings, but there was a secret he didn't know. This Ritual was very important for her, and she did this once in every 3 years.

She came to the room and settled the dupatta on one side. She wore red velvet bangles and red kundan jhumke(earrings). She left her hair open, and applied kohl in her eyes.

Looking herself in the mirror she headed out. Moving towards her car she plucked some fresh flowers, kept them in a basket with some other essentials.

Her car headed out of the haveli gates. As her car was crossing the village street, she could see people running here and there doing preparations for the day.

Once her car crossed the village premises, there was road heading straight to the temple, which was constructed by four villages together.

It was given equal importance by all of them. She knew the history of this temple and knew that it held great importance.

It was almost half an hour when she reached the temple and came out of her car to see everybody staring at her. She didn't react and went to the passenger seat taking out the basket.

Taking it she moved towards the temple stairs. It had almost 60-70 stairs. As she was about to climb the stairs, a voice stopped her.

" Who are you? And what are you doing here at 6 in the morning. Don't you know, people are not allowed to enter the temple before 8:00?"

The voice was harsh and it irked Dakshika. She turned around, her eyes cold and her aura dominating. She looked at him and recognized him as one of the priests that came to the temple today for the great day.

"Royals are allowed to enter the temple before 8 along with nobels from the ancient time and those who have the permission. So accordingly I can enter the temple." She said in a calm and deep voice.

Author's Pov:

Shekhawat Palace:

The youngsters were collected in Dhairya's room. Vivaan, Vihaan and Agastya were standing near the window and Aashrita and Daarika were on the couch.

Dhairya was on his bed and Rudra was near him with Ruhanika's head in his lap. He was stroking her hair, who was curiously looking around the room waiting for someone to say something.

At last she scoffed, " Why are we here, to watch each other's face! " While Dhairya calmly replied, " You weren't even called here in the first place Rooh! "

" But they said,'we need to talk to Dhairya bhai about her' and I also wanted to join, I am no more a child Okay." Ruhanika said.

Dhairya looked towards Rudra, " Do you think she should get to know about all this? Do you think she is ready to know what her so-called family actually is!" He asked furiously and Ruhanika hid her head in his lap.

When Dhairya saw that Ruhanika is scared, he calmed himself and held her hands, making her sit. He held her chin softly and made her look at himself.

" Rooh, beta I know you are not a child, but I don't want you to face the reality yet, not until I am capable of protecting you."

Ruhanika's eyes watered and she removed his hand, getting up from the bed she cried, " What do you think I am? I don't want to be under your protection Bhai! I want to become capable of safeguarding myself at least if not my family. I don't want to be a burden."

Dhairya went to her and hugged her, " Who said you are a burden Rooh? You are our sister, and every brother protects his sister."

She fisted his shirt and sobbed, " I know Bhai, something is wrong, I know it's not how you guys show me, I know my family isn't the ideal family, but Bhai it's my family, and I have the right to know it's secrets."

" Bhai, I think so she is old enough to know some things. After all we were around her age when we got to know many such things, so I guess she can tolerate all this. Plus, we are here to support her." Daarika stood up and went near Dhairya.

Dhairya was hesitant, but agreed anyways. He made Ruhanika sit and gave her a glass of water. When she calmed down he got up and opened the window.

He stood there looking at the backyard. It was when Vivaan asked, " At least tell us, who is she and how is she connected to us? And why do Bua sa and Dadi sa hate her so much? "

Dhairya calmly replied, " She is our sister, not real, but adopted." Hearing this, Vivaan, Vihaan and Ruhanika gasped.

They knew that she is connected to them, but she was their adopted sister, this was undigestable for them.

" She was adopted by Vikram Kaka and Nandini Kaki sa when she was 5 months old. There were certain reasons behind this. It was Padmini Kaki sa's death which affected many things.

We all were broken with the news, but her arrival ignited a little hope in us. Every thing was going well until her first birthday. But before her Birthday's celebration, one of the famous priest was called to tell us about her fortune.

But what he said, gave rise to insecurities in many people's minds. And the most affected was Dadi sa. It was just the starting. A hint towards the awful future years she was going to face." He said and his heart ached remembering all those incidents once again.

" He said that Dakshika wasn't a normal child. She contained many negativities around her and that she wasn't good for this family. It was a wrong choice, adopting her.

And many such things were said, which made Dadi sa to believe that it's going to be true." He said.

" But Bhai why did anyone believe him at the first place! We all know that all this is just bullshit! " Ruhanika said and Dhairya smiled sadly.

" Maybe, I don't know wheteher it's always right or wrong, but it's wrong for sure when you pay someone to say all this."

" But that means someone was plotting against her from the start! "Agastya stated.

" What do you mean by this Bhai?" Rudra asked shocked. This was a new found information for him.

" That the priest was payed a huge amount just to tell this to our family, by none other than my mother."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7M 845K 88
Marriage had always been my dream but not to a man about whom I know nothing. The moment my father fixed an alliance of me to a Prince without even t...
27.5K 836 15
π‘©π’π’π’Œ 𝑢𝒏𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π‘΄π’π’π’‚π’“π’„π’‰π’Šπ’„ π’π’†π’ˆπ’‚π’„π’š π‘Ίπ’†π’“π’Šπ’†π’” "𝑰𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒇 π’…π’†π’”π’•π’Šπ’π’š, π’•π’˜π’ 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔 ...
6.6K 464 22
I was raised and pampered like a spoiled princess, but fate made me into a ruthless queen. ...
4.6K 168 7
KIARA SINGHANIA: Reyansh Kapoor, the bane of my existence. A devil disguised as an angel due to his heavenly looks. I hate the way he smirks, the way...