Trolls: Band Together (AU Ver...

By MasterClass60

When Branch discovers that his brother, Floyd, has been trapped by Velvet and Veneer, he and Poppy go on a jo... More

Family Pasts
Let's Get Married
Brotherly Bitterness
A Motherly Spark
The Rise of Velvet and Veneer
Tracing Back to Your Roots
Painful Pasts
Long Roads and Paths Ahead
Sprucin' Up Reunions
Tensions and Pathways Aplenty
Emotional Fork in the Road
New Friends, Arrivals, and Apologies
Sibling Revelations
It Takes Two
Frightful Flashbacks
Conflicting Crossroads
Turmoil in the Family
Familial Conversations
Tide of the Mother Part 1
Tide of the Mother Part 2
BroZone Rescue
Family Harmony
It Runs in the Family

Strides Forward to the Goal

243 5 5
By MasterClass60

I do not own Trolls or Trolls World Tour or Trolls Band Together or any of the characters in the franchise or the songs! And I especially don't own any of the songs I use from the movie or any other song I pick out in general! I also don't own the characters of Trollstopia! The only thing I do own are my O.C.s Melody Song, McJagger, Buckaroo, Stereo, and Twilight Tidepool; I.M. Rally owns her O.C. Aggie Galido, and Cheah owns his O.C. Finn Okazaki Tidepool. Now, strap in, ladies and gentlemen, and let's get on with the show!

Inside the pyramid, it was dark, and very hard to see anything. Luckily, the Trolls could easily make their hair glow, so they had some light, as the Techno Trolls also illuminated their skin as the same time. Though Aggie couldn't make her hair glow since it had not been activated yet, she carried with her a flashlight to provide some light.

They carefully made their way through the pyramid, passing hanging stalactites that hung from the rock entrance, and a gigantic tile wall marked with lots of different cave paintings.

It took a while for them to find another room, but they soon found themselves in somewhat of a temple puzzle room. There was a large floor littered with tiles that had different images of animals on its: dogs, cats, deer, lizards, fish, and horse. On the other end of the long tile floor was a setting that had not iles on the floor, and there was a large wall that had multiple hieroglyphic images on it that needed to be deciphered.

"Dang, y'all; how are we gonna get across," Holly asked, seeing the tile floor in front of them.

Dante looked up at the ceiling and smiled, saying, "Ah, perhaps Aggie I can help fly you each over there one by one. There appears to be no sign of any traps up there."

To test if he was right, Dante started to fly upward, but McJagger noticed something that caused the Funk Troll to gasp and shout, "Dante, wait! you can't fly up there! There's a strong-,"

Before McJagger could finish warning the composer, Dante was met with a strong gust of wind that he was unable to resist, screaming as the wind gust pushed him back into the wall behind him, where he crashed and fell back toward the group of Trolls.

"Air current," McJagger finished his statement while cringing when he saw how bad Dante's fall was.

Dante groaned in pain while saying, "It appears flying is not an option in this case."

"If we can't fly, we're gonna have to risk crossing it," Aggie commented before looking at the tiles and asking, "But which tiles do we go across"?

"Easy pickings, we just walk, and we go," Val stated as she started to head toward the tile floor and stepped onto a dog tile.

But when she did, the dog tile got pushed in like a button, and underneath it, a stream of fire shot out, causing the Rock ambassador to frantically scramble back before her foot got burned as the stream of fire launched out and then dissipated back into the floor, an empty slot showing where the tile used to be.

Val, a little shaken, commented while taking a minute to catch her breath, "Ok, maybe we just stay here instead"?

Laguna was trying to piece what was happening together, theorizing, "Note: it appears that not all the tiles are safe. In order for us to get across safely, we need to deduce which tiles are safe to walk on so we don't trigger a fire trap."

"Whel, these tiles have animals on them," Buckaroo deduced, looking at them with a magnifying glass as they commented, "We got ayy dog, ayy cat, ayy fish, ayy horse, ayy lizard, ayn' ayy deer."

The Trolls thought long and hard about this, with Stereo suggesting, "Maybe there's something these animals all share in common, yo. Like how they all breathe air."

"But there's no indication of air on any of these tiles, so it can't be that," Melody pointed out.

"Aw what if it ain't what they share in common, but what makes 'em different from each othuurr," Holly suggested, explaining, "Laake fur. Fish don't have fur laake the dog, cat, deer, ayn' horse does."

"But neither does a lizard," McJagger pointed out.

"Dangnabbit, good point," Holly commented while trying to think.

"Low-Note Jones suggests that it could do with diet," Low-Note Jones proposed, saying, "Fish, deer, and horses eat plants and veggies while dogs and cats eat meat, yet the lizard is the only option that eats bugs."

Aggie was thinking about this too, saying, "Low-Note Jones makes a valid point, but I don't think this has to do with diet."

"Note: Aggie make a very valid point," Laguna replied, saying, "On the other hand, though, Low-Note Jones' theory is also a valid option."

"This is futile; we'll never figure this out. And if we can't figure this out, we won't get to move on-," Dante proclaimed worryingly.

But as Dante was making his statement, the word "move" clicked in Laguna's mind, and in an instant, she realized something and smiled, saying, "That's it! Dante, you're a genius"!

That snapped Dante out of his panicked state, and ask, "I am"?

Laguna explained, "Guys, we were looking at it wrong; it;'s not about diet at all; it's about how the animals move"!

The group seemed visibly confused, with Synth saying, "Meh? I don't follow."

Laguna tried to explain it, saying to them, "Look at it like this: how many legs does a dog have to move around"?

"Four, easy peasy," Val replied.

"So does a cat, and a deer," Aggie pointed out.

"As does ayy lizard," Holly mentioned.

"And a horse too; I mean, we even have two Country Trolls here and they both walk on four legs," Melody pointed out while pointing to Holly and Buckaroo.

McJagger suddenly seemed to get what Laguna meant by asking this as he grinned, saying, "Oh yeah, I get it now! Almost all these animals are quadrapeds and walk on four legs"!

Laguna's smile grew brighter as she said, "Correct! And a fish has how many legs"?

"Ha! 'Guna, you funny," Stereo replied with a chuckle, starting to state, "Fish don't have legs, yo; they swim in the sea with-," before she gasped, realizing what Laguna was referring to, shouting, "Yo, I get it now"!

"What? What did you get, Stereo," Dante asked curiously.

Suddenly, Aggie was the next to get it, smiling and commenting, "Oh golly, of course! why didn't I think of that"?!

"Low-Note Jones got it too, baby," Low-Note Jones added once he understood what the answer was.

"I got it too," McJagger exclaimed with glee.

Buckaroo got it next, saying, "Oh horseshoes, she's raheet"!

Soon, it came to everyone else too, with the rest of the Trolls all realizing it and shouting, "Oh"!

"It all makes sense now," Holly exclaimed while clutching her head,

"How did we not think of THAT first," Melody declared while chuckling as she facepalmed at the same time.

"Bro, I get it now," Synth cheered.

"The fish tile is the safe tile because it has no legs," Dante proclaimed happily.

"Exactly," Laguna answered before she faced the tile floor and found a nearby fish tile to hop on in order to test the theory.

When she landed on the fish tile, the Trolls all watched in anticipation to see if they were right, and sure enough, when Laguna was on the tile, nothing happened, which meant that it was safe.

One by one, the other Trolls soon started to follow, hopping on each fish tile they saw to cross the tile floor.

Soon, they all made it to the other side, facing the now gigantic hieroglyphic wall.

"Well, we made it across the floor, but now we have to face...whatever this is," Val commented as she pointed to the strange writing.

Laguna took a picture of the hieroglyphics before explaining, "These are hieroglyphics. Back in the day, this is how Trolls of the past used to write out messages; they'd draw a special symbol that would mean different letter or word."

"Well, whoever wrote this one must've either had a complex language or a love of art," Melody commented as she pointed to how many of the different hieroglyphic symbols there were.

"Some of 'em seem ta repeat ayy bit," Buckaroo pointed out when they saw how some of the tile pictures seemed to repeat a few times.

"I theorize that in order for us to go through this wall, we must solve the message first and read it out loud," McJagger stated as he tried to figure out what it meant.

"But how are we gonna figure out what each symbol means? There doesn't seem to be a clue that tells us what each symbol means," Dante asked.

Suddenly, something caught Aggie's eye as she noticed a stone template near the corner of where the wall was, and she flew over to it, picked it up, and took a closer look at it. What she saw on the stone tablet made the MMT smile and shout, "Guys, look over here"!

Some of the trolls came over, with Stereo asking, "Found something, future sis-in-law"?

Aggie nodded, saying, "I did! Look at this," and showed off the stone template; it had a list of all the symbols that ere on the hieroglyphic wall, and next to each symbol was the meaning behind each symbol.

"It's ayy translashun template," Holly cheered.

"Nice work, Aggie," Laguna praised her friend for her smart thinking.

Aggie smiled while saying, "Well, it was just lying around, and I figured it must've had a clue somewhere."

The Trolls all gathered by the template, with Val saying, "So, we just have to look at the template and read off each word that each symbol means"?

"Looks like it, but it looks like it'll take us a while to find it and then read each word one by one," Low-Note Jones pointed out.

McJagger got an idea and said, "Not unless we write it down first"!

He pulled out his pencil and notepad, saying, "I'll translate it and write down the message on my notepad. Then, we can read it without having to keep looking back at the template."

"Good thinkin' Mr. Red ayn's Optimistic," Buckaroo commented.

"I'll help you McJagger, deciphering languages is a task better with two intelligent minds at work," Laguna offered her assistance.

The couple began to translate the hieroglyphic message as quickly as they could. Laguna pointed to the symbol on the wall and then matched it to the symbol on the template while McJagger translated it and wrote the translated word down on his notepad.

A few minutes later, the message had been completely deciphered and translated, and it was easy to read on paper.

McJagger was showing it to the others, saying, "There, all done! Clear and easy to read"!

"It's a lot easier to understand now, bro," Synth commented as he saw the message.

"And easier to now read," Dante added as he looked at the message.

"Hey, check out how the words are organized! It looks like a song," Melody pointed out when she saw the way the message was laid out.

"Mel's right! That patch there is a chorus, and I'm guessing that it means that the group of symbols that repeats together must be a chorus line," Aggie deduced when she compared the words to the symbols on the wall.

"Which means the othuurr words, matching the othuurr symbols, must be different verses," Holly added on.

Laguna, taking all of this in, commented, "So that must mean that in order to get this wall to open up, we have to sing out the deciphered message"!

"If we're gonna do that, we'll need a little music to help with that," Val commented as she pulled out her guitar.

On cue, Dante had out his harpsichord, Low-Note Jones brought out his bass guitar, Holly had out her acoustic guitar, and Synth brought out his DJ mixer, with Stereo beside him to help with the music.

Aggie pulled out her keytar, Melody pulled out her electric guitar, McJagger pulled out a drum set, and Buckaroo pulled out their harmonica.

"Since when do you play the drums, McJ," Melody asked the Funk Troll.

"Eh, I dabble," McJagger replied while twirling a drumstick with one toe.

Laguna couldn't feel but feel a little bit shy about this; she was the only Troll who didn't have an instrument with her to play music alongside the others, and her lack of confidence in her singing abilities was also an imminent feature seeing how worrisome she appeared.

"What are you waiting for, Laguna? Go right ahead and sing, girl," Stereo cheered on for Laguna, snapping Laguna out of her shy state.

"We got your musical accompaniment," Dante added on.

"You got this, Laguna," Aggie cheered on.

Everyone else was also cheering on encouraging words towards the Techno.

Laguna smiled and faced the hieroglyphic wall, McJagger's notepad in hand, and signaled for one of the Trolls to start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Love Runs Out by OneRepublic~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

McJagger started to play a beat on the drums, banging a steady rhythm that a melody could be built upon.

Dante followed with his harpsichord while Aggie played in time with her keytar.

Laguna took a second to get a feel of the music, letting her foot tap to the beat as she then faced the well and started to sing out the deciphered message. Every time that she sang a word that matched the symbol on the wall, it turned green and stayed illuminated as she proceeded to the next symbol in line.

Laguna: I'll be your light, your match, your burning sun! I'll be the bright in black that's making you run!

And we'll feel alright, and we'll feel alright! 'Cause we'll work it out, yeah, we'll work it out!

I'll be doing this, if you have a doubt! 'Til the love runs out, 'til the love runs out!

Then, Low-Note Jones joined in the bass guitar while Holly, Val, and Melody accompanied on their guitars, providing strong backup vocals. Synth did not start playing his DJ mixer yet, but he and Stereo also added back-up vocals to the song, while Buckaroo, who didn't sing, was stomping their hoof in time to keep the rhythm steady. Meanwhile, McJagger, Dante, and Aggie started to sing alongside Laguna, their voices meshing in with Laguna's.

Laguna, McJagger, Dante, Aggie: I'll be your ghost, your game, your stadium! I'll be your 50 thousand clapping like one!

And I feel alright, and I feel alright! 'Cause I worked it out, yeah, I worked it out!

I'll be doing this, if you have a doubt! 'Til the love runs out, 'til the love runs out!

Then, Synth fired up his DJ mixer and added in some electronic reverbs to the music while Buckaroo blew into their harmonica, and together, all the Trolls started to sing along together.

All: I got my mind made up, man, I can't let go! I'm killing every second 'til it sees my soul (Girls: Woo!)!

I'll be running (Boys: Woo!)! I'll be running! 'Til the love runs out, 'til the love runs out!

And we'll start a fire, and we'll shut it down! 'Til the love runs out!

Laguna: 'Til the love runs out!

Val, Buckaroo, and Holly then started to accompany their vocals and sing alongside Laguna for a moment.

Laguna, Buckaroo, Val, and Holly: There's a maniac out in front of me! Got an angel on my shoulder, and Mestopheles!

Low-Note Jones then took a turn with singing alongside Laguna.

Low-Note Jones and Laguna: But mama raised me good; mama raised me right!

Melody then took a holler at singing with Laguna.

Melody and Laguna: Mama said, "Do what you want; say prayers at night"!

Synth and Stereo then started to sing alongside Laguna before the next chorus hit.

Laguna, Synth, Stereo: And I'm saying them 'cause I'm so devout! 'Til the love runs out!

Laguna: 'Til the love runs out, yeah!

Everyone joined together to sing in unison as the hieroglyphics were glowing green the more words that got matched.

All: I got my mind made up, man, I can't let go! I'm killing every second 'til it sees my soul (Girls: Woo!)!

I'll be running (Boys: Woo!)! I'll be running! 'Til the love runs out, 'til the love runs out!

And we'll start a fire, and we'll shut it down! 'Til the love runs out!

Laguna: 'Til the love runs out!

Then, the Trolls worked together to start getting a beat built up, slowing the music down a little so Laguna could read the next line very carefully, as it was the trickiest for McJagger to decipher earlier.

Laguna: And, oh, we all want the same thing! Oh-ooh-oh, we all run for something!

Run for you, for fate, for love, for hate! For gold and rust, for diamonds and dust!

Taking a small break, McJagger kept the beat going on his drums as the Trolls all sang out the first two lines, with Laguna taking a breather and looking back at her friends, feeling very grateful that they were with her, helping her out on this expedition.

Val, Holly, Dante, Low-Note Jones, Synth, Aggie, Melody, McJagger, Buckaroo, Stereo: I'll be your light, your match, your burning sun! I'll be the bright in black that's making you run!

Together, the Trolls all united and blasted out a rock-solid performance as the last few lines of the hieroglyphic wall got musically deciphered, glowing as green as a glowstick.

All: I got my mind made up, man, I can't let go! I'm killing every second 'til it sees my soul (Girls: Woo!)!

I'll be running (Boys: Woo!)! I'll be running! 'Til the love runs out, 'til the love runs out!

And we'll start a fire, and we'll shut it down! 'Til the love runs out!

Laguna: 'Til the love runs out!

All: I'll be your light, your match, your burning sun! I'll be the bright in black that's making you run!

And we'll feel alright, and we'll feel alright! 'Cause we'll work it out, yes, we'll work it out!

And we'll start a fire, and we'll shut it down! 'Til the love runs out, 'til the love runs out!

Laguna: 'Til the love runs out!

The minute that the last symbol was deciphered, the entire wall glowed green and it slowly dropped down into the ground below.

All the Trolls quickly put their instruments away and watched in awe as the wall went down and it revealed the exit on the other side.

They ran out of the pyramid room and through the exit, re-entering the desert and being greeted by the sight of a grey stone path that led over a few sand dunes and into a patch of dense forest brush that was a bit of a distance away from them, but manageable by walking.

"We made it out," McJagger declared out happily.

Laguna quickly pulled out the map and looked at it before comparing the stone road to the one on the map, saying, "this is it, guys! this is the path we have to take to get to our next spot"!

"Oh heck yeah," Val cheered, with all the other Trolls cheering too.

"We're getting close to the Catacombs of Music," Aggie excitedly shouted.

"And one step closer to finding your maw, Laguna," Holly added.

Laguna beamed happily before saying, "Now, let's cross this path and get to our next destination! Onward"!

The Trolls all started to run down the stone path to the next spot on their expedition to find Laguna's mom.

Over along tropical waters, Rhonda had made her way across the water and pulled herself up onto the surface, crawling up onto the nearby beach, greeted to the sight of the tropical island that they were heading towards.

As the armadillo critter planted its feet onto the sand the minute it made it to shore, it shook itself dry, letting the bright sun rays warm it up.

Meanwhile, the door on Rhonda's side opened up, and Poppy, Branch, John Dory, and Tiny Diamond spilled out, with a lot of the ocean after that wound up entering inside Rhonda when she was underwater, and laid out on the sand. Every Troll was soaked to the skin, but ok.

As Poppy spat out marble bubbles of water that ended up in her mouth, Branch, who spat out the water hesitantly, sarcastically told John Dory, "Good old Rhonda. Completely waterproof, huh," while john Dory was distracted with praising Rhonda that he didn't even bother to listen.

Branch let out a cough and got up to a knee when he saw a hand offered to him, which prompted him to look up and see Poppy, offering him a warm smile, who was the one offering him a hand up.

Branch had a small smile in return as he accepted the help up, being brought up to his feet, saying to Poppy, "Thanks."

"You're welcome, Branch," Poppy replied before she noticed something on Branch and gently brushed her hand against his hair, pushing away a stray water bubble that fell down, landing by his feet. The gesture, while very sweet, made Branch blush heavily, and he tried to hold back a sheepish chuckle. The sight of which Poppy thought was cute, caused her cheeks to become a dark shade of pink.

As the two were having their romantic moment together, it became abruptly interrupted by John Dory, who approached the couple, standing right in between them and had his arms swung around both of them, declaring, "Alright, you two crqazy lovebirds, we gotta get moving to find Spruce"!

John Dory's presence was more than enough to make Branch frown in annoyance again as the group, with Tiny Diamond following closely behind them, headed into the tropical forest in front of them.

All around the area, there were bright thick colorful plants, luscious green bushes and trees that grew up to the top of the sky, and amongst all the flora, there were colorful vines and tubes that the Trolls could cross to make it to the other side. John Dory took charge in leading the way, using a sword to cut down the overlooking plants that blocked their paths.

As they were walking along, Poppy had a question that she wanted to ask John Dory, inquiring him, "So, John Dory, who wrote that song "Girl, I Love Your Love, Girl"?

"I did," John Dory proudly answered.

"Cool," Poppy replied before then asking, "Who wrote, "Girl, You Break My Heart, Girl"?

"I did," John Dory happily replied again with pride after cutting down another plant that blocked the way.

"So cool," Poppy replied giddily before then asking as she used her hair to pull down a high tube vine that could connect to the one they were walking on so they could make it to the other side, "Who wrote, "Girl, I Love Your Love, Girl, You Break My Heart, Girl, I Still Love You, But I Seriously Think We Should Have A Talk About Our Relationship, Girl"?

This time, instead of saying that he wrote it, he answered, "Oh, that was Branch."

At that response, Poppy became elated, telling John Dory, "Shut up! That was my favorite BroZone song, like, ever," and at the same time, she was also thinking that Branch having written her favorite BroZone song was soi charming!

Then, that thought bubble broke when John Dory commented, "JK! Also me," with a hearty chuckle before adding as they started to climb up the vine, "Branch has never written a song."

To that statement, Branch felt very much offended; one, he was a BABY back then; he didn't know how to write, and even if he did, he'd still be able to come up with a song that'd be any better than any that JD had ever come up with! Two, the way that John Dory had said that made Branch very bothered that his eldest STILL saw Branch as the "Baby" of the family, and not the strong, resilient, grown-up that he is now. Of course, that bitterness triggered him to sarcastically rebute, with slight sternness in his voice, "I was a baby. What did you want me to write about, diaper rash"?

Of course, John Dory didn't take Branch's statement seriously, and thought of Branch's bothered state as a small "Temper tantrum," which had him respond, "Okay, take it easy, Bitty B," while he picked up a leaf and put his goggles, riding the leaf down like a skateboard.

"Stop calling me that," Branch called out to John Dory, but JD didn't even hear him, which really irked Branch. Oh, what'd he give just to show John Dory how much of a man he was now! Especially since he still ha dno intention of forgiving John Dory yet, much less getting over how much his egotistic, commanding-like attitude was getting under Branch's skin.

Poppy took notice of Branch's bothered state and asked him in concern while handing him a leaf, holding another one under her arms, "Hey, what's wrong"?

Sitting on top of the leaf he was riding on, Branch sarcastically answered, "Nothing, super happy; this is our most fun mission yet, yay," as it started to slide down the blue vine.

Poppy quickly followed, riding her leaf down the pink vine, but she couldn't help but see how bothered Branch look, and she knew that whenever he was in this kind of state, it meant that something was wrong. Thinking that she could try and help him open up a little bit, Poppy encouraged Branch to talk, telling him, "Branch, I may not fully understand what exactly happened that night when your brothers walked out on you, but i can tell that it definitely must've hurt a lot, and I can see that it's not easy getting to be around them again. But do you know how lucky you are? A brother is a friend who can never leave you; it's the strongest bond in the world. I know that they may have physically left, but I'm sure that deep down, they still were thinking so much about you and the rest of the family while they've been away. Family runs deep, you know? I would kill to have a sibling to sing with, Branch. And sure, things may seem rocky right now, but I'm sure that if you get a chance to talk to John Dory and the rest of your brothers, once we find them, about this, they'd understand about how you're feeling."

Branch, on the one hand, really appreciated the advice that Poopy was giving him, but on the other hand, was finding it very hard to let himself open up about this. He knew Poppy was trying to offer an outlet for him to be able to talk to her about his emotional outlook in regards to the tensions of his brothers, and he was very grateful for it, but he, at the same time, struggled with letting himself be able to tell Poppy about why exactly he was struggling to openly forgive JD, and be able to push these tensions aside. He felt like she wouldn't really get it if he explained it to her, and emotionally,nhe felt nervous to being able to tell her about it.

It left him to respond, "Like they'd even listen. Johnj Dory's got his heads too much up his-," before he saw Tiny Diamond following and bit his tongue, rewording his sentence to "Brain" even to listen or give a darn about anything I'm saying. He's always been such a "know-it-all" where he doesn't even think before acting and ends up doing more trouble than good."

"I can see that," Poppy responded before saying, "But isn't there still a tiny part of you that still very much cares about him? I mean, if I had a brother or sister like you do, I know that even if we fight, I'd still care about them because they mean a lot to me, just like I can tell that they mean a lot to you too."

"Ha," Branch commented with sarcasm before saying, "Yeah, well, you can have mine."

Seeing that it was getting very, very hard to get Branch to open up about this, Poppy was feeling slightly frustrated. She was doing her best to be a good listener, but what's the use in listening if the person you're trying to talk to won't open up to you? She couldn't really blame herself though, because she knew about how hard it always has been for Branch to be open and vulnerable about how he's felt. During when they first encountered the Bergens, she remembers it was really tough for Branch to admit that he didn't like to sing because he felt guilty about how singing got his grandmother killed. During the world tour, she remembered how much Branch was trying to tell her that he loved her, though part of the struggle came from how she was not a good listener back then.

Thinking this in her mind, Poppy got an idea. Back then, what helped Branch feel willing and safe to talk to her was when Branch felt most comfortable, personally, about talking with her. That meant that maybe, she just needed to let Branch choose to open to her himself, so that way, it would help him feel more comfortable about being vulnerable in front of her, and at the same time, he wouldn't feel like anyone was imploding on him to forcefully talk to her.

With this in mind, as both the leaves that they were riding on came to a stop, Poppy pretended to "Drop" the subject, and feigned disappointment saying, "Okay, fine," as she got up and walked away, heading down the path.

Branch saw the sorrowful look Poppy had and felt bad, trying to call out to her, "Poppy, wait."

However, she was too far away to hear him, leaving Branch to sigh in frustration/guilt. He didn't want to make Poppy think that he didn't care and didn't want to be open with her.

Tiny approached Branch, seeing the older Troll lost in his own mindset, telling him, "Grownup stuff. Am I right"?

That didn't seem to break Branch's attention away from the severity of the situation, or make Branch feel any better, Tiny figured that what'd help him feel better was a stress reliever, and he had the perfect one in his own pocket (metaphorically speaking."

He pulled out the little ringpop pacifier and offered it to Branch, saying as he waved it around in temptation, "You know, I've still got that thang, if you want it."

Branch caught sight of it and instantly panicked; not from stress and concern, but because deep down, he REALLY could use something like that to help relieve all these negative emotions that were whacking his mind and heart. However, if any Troll caught sight of him with THAt, it's just show all the more proof in the eyes of John Dory of Branch STILL being seen as the "baby" Bitty B! And oh, the humiliation that would bring! He could no afford it, not now! not ever! Not this moment! Maybe in the privacy of being alone later, but definitely not now!

He tried to get Tiny to hide the ringpop, pushing it into the glitter Troll's mouth while saying in a stressed whisper, "Whoa, whoa, don't be waving that thing around"!

Tiny, with the pacifier now in his mouth, sucked on the candy while Branch desperately tried to play it cool like nothing suspicious was happening.

To move on from this, Branch and Tiny quickly followed Poppy and John Dory down the path they were going on, with John dory telling therm as they approached the end of the forest and towards something rocky and sandy, "All right, y'all, we're getting close to something; I can feel it."

However, John Dory wasn't looking where he was going and wound up walking face-first into something hairy and thick, making him fall backward to the ground.

As the rest of the group approached, the figure whom John Dory ran into turned his head na dsaw the Trolls on the sandy ledge, revealing its face to them. He appeared to be white, had orange-yellow dreadlock-like hair, a matching bushy mustache, and pointed ears sticking out the top of his head.

Of course, the sight of this mysterious creature made the Trolls scream in shock/fright.

Luckily, the new figure did not seem scared at all, as he chuckled and offered a warm smile, saying, "Whoa, what do we got here"?

He then turned his head and told a few of the younger looking creatures that looked similar to him, who were all rock climbing up some tube rocks that looked like the vines the Trolls were traveling on earlier, "Hey, guys, looks like I found some fellow rock climbers."

The Trolls looked down at all of the little figures that were climbing, with Poppy waving and saying, "Hi," to them.

Then, the tall white figure told the Trolls, sounding very chillaxed and happy, "Welcome to Vacay Island, where every day is a vacay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Vacay Island by Daveed Diggs, India Carney, and Ty Taylor~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vacay Folks: Hey, hey! Hey, hey!

The Trolls all looked around and realized that they had arrived to the same island that they were looking for on the postcard: Vacay Island! And it looked so...relaxing! There were beautiful lanterns hung around that illuminated the sandcastle buildings around the area, beach towels, chairs, and umbrellas set up on the shoreline, a large sandcastle building where it appeared to be where they lived, luscious green plants that grewand some sweet-smelling flowers. The sunset behind them made the scenery look so peaceful, like anyone could come here and unwind in literal paradise!

As the Trolls made it to the shoreline, they caught sight of a lot of colorful Vacay folks who were all out and about, doing all sorts of fun vacation things. 3 females, including one of whom was in a wheelchair, were playing large conga drums with three little ones watching in awe and listening to the music, one of them had a cute Beach Ball Bird in their hands that they gently bopped up in the air like a volleyball, which was reciprocated by two females, who tossed it back and forth with each other.

Vacay Folks: When you're on a holiday, you can't find the words to say. All the things that come to you, and I wanna feel it too.

A purple male Vacay folk ran by, catching a frisbee in a dive catch, while 2 female Vacay Folks were floating on the water in floating tube rings. The purple Vacay Folk threw the frisbee back that another blue male Vacay folk caught, while 2 female Vacay folks were tossing a hackysack around with their feet.

The Trolls, in the meanwhile, were looking at all of this while they made their way down to the beach.

Vacay Folks: On an island in the Sun, we'll be playin' and havin' fun (Ooh, woah!). And it makes me feel so fine, I can't control my brain.

Beach Ball Birds: Yeah, she call me Mr. Boombastic, tell me fantastic. Touch me on my back, she says I'm Mister Ro-Ro-Romantic.

Call me fantastic, touch me on my back, she says I'm Mister Ro-Ro-Ro.

Smooth!

A Beach Ball Bird picked up a fruity glass drink from the top of a tree that had a bunch of them growing and gave it to Poppy, who happily accepted the drink and sipped on it. The bird flew off before john Dory could order a drink himself, while Branch merely watched in confusion.

Female Vacay Folk: Just like a silk-a soft and cuddly, hug me up like a quilt.

I'm a lyrical lover, no take me for no filth. With my vacation physique, jah know me well-built.

Just then, before the Trolls' eyes, everything seemed to slow down in time, and in a split moment, Poppy, Branch, John Dory, and Tiny Diamond saw something out on the ocean that stood out to them.

Just in the distance, riding on a surfboard, was a Troll, who had blue skin just like Branch and John Dory, and he appeared to be a bit on the chubby side, like Biggie, and he had a typical 80s and 90s "surfer dude" outfit or 'surfing Kahauna' style appearance, with white beach shorts, a seashell necklace and loose black-and-white flower shirt with purple, flowy styled back hair. He rode the waves like a pro, surfing up and down until he was riding on top of the wave, like he was on top of the world. This was no ordinary Troll; for with such cunning charm, this had to be Spruce!

Spruce: Sailin' takes me away to where I've always heard it could bе!

"Hearthrob," Poppy asked herself as she looked back at the picture of Spruce form the BroZone poster to the Troll who was singing on the surfboard. It didn't seem like it was him; Spruce had tight washboard abs, was a lot skinnier, and was very charming, about as charming as this Troll was. And plus his voice sounded...identical to this Troll too.

Spruce, in the meanwhile, moved up on his surfboard and continued to sing alongside the melody of the ocean waves, his voice sounding so soft, so beautiful, that it'd move the heart of any girl who'd hear him.

Spruce: Just a dream and the wind to carry me, and soon I will bе free!

As he sang, he rode the surfboard from the wave all the way to the edge of the shoreline, where he soon hopped off and started to head into what looked like a festive restaurant named "Bruce and Sons," where the sign had a glowing microphone at the end of the word "sons."

That was the official instant clue that showed them that it truly was Spruce!

As John Dory and Branch ran over to the restaurant to try and find him, Poppy, who felt a little moved by Spruce's singing, commented, "Oh yeah, I totally see it," as she could see why he was known as the "Hearthrob" before she followed the others into the restaurant.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.3K 515 36
When Branch finds himself mysteriously murdered... he will do ANYTHING to get back to Poppy... get back to where he truly belongs...
14.2K 323 10
Yeah! Trolls Band Together! We will finally dive deeper into Branch and Y/n's past, having 4 older brothers. Going on a mission to save their favo...
28K 578 57
When a mystical voice that only Branch can hear invades Trollstopia, Branch, Poppy, and Barb must go and find out what it means...
17.1K 451 17
Set after Band together, Branch is living with some of his brothers in the bunker when he discovers that he is having a baby. Once the realization hi...