143 | Chanmin

By minclarity

|His high adulation makes me feel cloud nine really exists in this world. But I can never bring myself to acc... More

P R O LO U G E
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
P L E A S E R E A D
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N

N I N E

200 5 1
By minclarity

Ever since Seungmin had met Hyunjin years back, he knew they would soon become the worst in each other's world. Hyunjin with his pitch black hair and Seungmin with his chestnut brown, it seemed that the first year of high school would be quite normal for the both. But after a while of walking the halls by himself, Seungmin could tell a boy like Hyunjin would fit right in with the stock characters of high school life while Seungmin would be left by himself as an outsider.

It was also another reason why the whole "puppy nickname" thing started. 

They had previously became neighbors after Seungmin had finished year four and when Hyunjin moved into the house across from him, Seungmin could tell he would be different from everyone else in the street. He was bold of course (nothing could be passed by him) and his father smoked everyday and at one stage, just from the front window of his house could he see Hyunjin doing the same in year eight, once an afternoon and right before school. 

Seungmin would want to walk across the road separating them and tell him to stop, but they never had the communication he wanted. And to make it even worse, they never talked on the train and Hyunjin didn't seem all that interested in him unlike Seungmin himself. And it was by year nine that Seungmin had given up in trying all together.

"And trust me, you do not want to be friends with a dog like him anyway" Seungmin thought, recalling what Hyunjin had said right at his face. And right where Bangchan could clearly hear him.

Rage consumed his thoughts and Bangchan seemed more far behind than ever.  Hyunjin had messed him over...bad...and Seungmin was going to let him know. 

'Hyunjin' he said, letting go of Bangchan's grip and focusing his eyes on the guy before him.

'Seungmin, what are you doing here?-'

'Why did you say that last week?' Seungmin continued, cutting him off and ignoring the fact that he had a surprised expression across his face, almost as if he was caught off guard.

 'What last week?'

'Don't mess with me, Hyunjin, you know what you said'

'Can we help you?' a black haired boy asked, standing right next to Hyunjin with his arm linked with Hyunjin's right. He seemed completely oblivious on the matter and it made Seungmin wonder if Hyunjin really was caught off guard from Seungmin's sudden arrival.

'I'm sorry, who are you again?'

The boy looked at Hyunjin with a surprised face and both him and Hyunjin looked at Seungmin, almost like the two had never seen him before. Bangchan opened his mouth to say something in response, but nothing came out in the end.

'Um well...I'm Jeongin, a year eleven and I'm Hyunjin's-'

'Okay, let's not say that' Hyunjin said, putting his hand over Jeongin's mouth to stop him from talking as he re-focused his eyes on Seungmin, a sense of positivity shining through his eyes in addition.

'How about I talk to these two and you go and order your ramyeon? Is that okay?' Hyunjin asked, looking at Jeongin.

'Oh ok! I can do that' he responded, before making Hyunjin turn around, his back facing both Seungmin and Bangchan and walking away in response. Seungmin tried to look around Hyunjin's back to see what they did, but Hyunjin turned around far too fast for Seungmin's taste.

'Ok um...you wanted to talk about last week right?'

"No shit sherlock"

'Yeah, actually. You know, I never got an apology and I would really like to know if that nickname is still floating around because you know, I think it's great to stay updated' Seungmin responded with an angry tone and flare in his voice.

'Oh right...um, I'm sorry about that. You see, I wasn't having a good day as me and Jeongin-'

'Jeongin? That guy is the problem?' Seungmin butted in.

'What's so important about him? I've never even met him up until now-'

'I was getting there, Seungmin. Look, me and Jeongin, we are kind of...you know what? We're just really good friends, yeah, that's it. And you see, me and him had a bit of a fight that day before school and I wasn't feeling the best. And to add fuel to the fire, I missed the morning train and your friend was new and you know, I'm always uptight about new kids. I didn't mean for all of that to come out...I was just really angry that's all'

'And just because you were angry, you put it on everyone else?' Seungmin responded, making Bangchan hold his wrist once more to stop him from going any further, his voice picking up an angry tone as well.

'That Jeongin guy must really mean a lot for someone like you to get so angry-'

'Seungmin, that's enough' Bangchan said, making Seungmin stop and look back at him, their hand now laced together once more in comfort.

'Hyunjin has apologized, now you have to let it go Seungmin because one way or another, things like this will take over your mind if you keep it in there. Thanks for the apology Hyunjin, we needed it' Bangchan responded, looking at the red haired boy and then back at Seungmin.

'Um, yeah. No problem...I won't say it again, I promise. Uh, have a good night...both of you' he responded looking at the both of them in a startled way before walking the other away, right to where Joengin was standing.

It took Seungmin a good ten seconds to cool down but by the time he had, both Hyunjin and Joengin weren't coming back nor talking. It was just him and Bangchan, standing right next to the vendor with the man at the front waiting to see if they wanted to order anything. Seungmin had raised his voice and had made Bangchan stop him...and right in front of public eye as well.

What on earth was wrong with him?

'Can I help you two?' the old man asked, scrubbing the wooden bench with a damp cloth.

'No, we're fine thanks' Bangchan responded, ushering Seungmin over into one of the alleyways next to the vendor, his right hand sliding it's way on Seungmin's delicate waist as they departed from the crowds.

'Hey Seungmin, are you alright? Look, I know he was there and I know he said some pretty messed up shit before but-'

'I made such a fool of us...' Seungmin responded, looking at the blue eyes he had sworn not to look into earlier today. 

'I messed you up, I messed me up...god, I think I even startled him and his friend-'

'Ok ok, Seungmin. Um, how about we call it a night? I'll take you back to your house and we can spend the rest of our time there and no, that does not mean a karaoke party...I think we've burnt all of our energy just standing here to be honest' Bangchan responded, giving Seungmin a smile as he let go of his waist.

Seungmin kind of missed the subtle touch he gave after he let go of him.

'Come on, we'll go find that bike of yours and we can get home that way. If we leave it too late, it can get dark out, Seungmin' he added, not even hesitating to look back.

'Your'e...you're going to forgive me that fast?'

'No silly, you never even had to apologize in the first place. Anger gets us in a chokehold sometimes and that doesn't matter, but what does is how you end up dealing with it. Now come on Seung, you'll end up falling asleep here if you stand any longer' he joked, putting his hand out for Seungmin to take.

Friends...do friends even go out of their way to make the other hold their hand? Was it too direct or over the top? Bangchan, he's doing something now, and Seungmin could tell just from the way he looked at him that he meant every second of what he's doing right before him. Not a word was spoke for a few seconds, and Seungmin felt butterflies flutter around in his stomach the more he kept silent. 

What a way to scare the hell out of him. 

'Okay Chan, but I'd be surprised if it's still there ahaha. It could of been stolen but if not, you're biking' Seungmin responded, taking Bangchan's hand and laughing from the last few words he said.

'Yeah yeah, alright. But you owe me one' he responded, leading Seungmin back into the main street with their hands laced together once more.

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

The walk home was a much more quieter one and much more different than the one on the way. Instead of the speedy take with the bike, both Seungmin and Bangchan had decided riding home would be too much of a hassle and instead, both of them decided to walk. Of course Bangchan still kept the bike beside him (there was no way he was loosing it); gripping his palms around the rubber bars as Seungmin walked beside him.

Both of them barely said anything until they arrived at the front of Seungmin's house.

'I hope you're still not thinking about what happened back there, Seungmin' Bangchan said, walking the bike into the garage as it opened right before him.

'It shouldn't be something to sleep on, especially when it may happen again'

'I still feel bad for saying it, though...Hyunjin is probably going to turn me into pork roast if I keep it up-' 

'Okay, he won't go that far' Bangchan responded, cutting him off as they walked into the house through the door they used to get into the garage.

'Yeah but, I was being stupid-'

'And it's in the past and there is nothing you can do about it now' Bangchan said hastily, cutting Seungmin off again.

'Look, no one is perfect in this world and things like this are bound to happen. Now come on, let's go watch something on the TV and settle down' he added, ushering Seungmin over to the couch and handing him the control.

Maybe Seungmin was pulling this too far than needed...

'Mate, today was awesome thanks to you though. I mean, putting the whole mishap behind, I do have to say, it was so much fun hanging out with you. We should do it sometime soon or again later in the year'

Later in the year? There was no way a person like Bangchan would be forgotten. Ever. And considering Seungmin was being basically obsessed with him, there was no way he could just see him "later in the year". Next week...tomorrow, just the earliest time said and Seungmin will bounce. 

He could not let him off the hook so easily. Not now anyway.

'No problem, Bangchan. You made my day better as well' Seungmin finally responded, turning on the TV and flicking through the channels.

"But there is just one thing missing from you that I need...why is it so hard to explain though? " Seungmin thought, looking at Bangchan as the guy stared directly at the TV, completely occupied by it.

Quietness filled the room and nothing was said for a good ten seconds. The tension, Seungmin could tell tension was growing the more they just sat there. Why though? Why was there a barrier all of a sudden? Did Bangchan feel the same way about him? Was he going insane by none other than Seungmin himself? Or was it all just a blatant joke to fool him and make himself feel like he's actually in love?

Looking at his blue eyes once more, Seungmin could'nt stop himself from getting lost in them. Bangchan did not take any notice whatsoever as they continued to sit there, all but submerged in silence.

One second...two seconds...three seconds...Seungmin could'nt take it anymore and something suddenly snapped inside of him. 

Leaning in to close in on Bangchan's lips without hesitation did the guy look at him, all confused and surprised.

'Seungmin, what are you-'

'I love you...fool' Seungmin replied, kissing him on the lips as he put his palms under Bangchan's ears. 

Pulling away from such an experiment slowly after left Seungmin sitting there with Bangchan looking at him both horrified and confused. He looked at the guy he fell for, and nothing but regret filled his head.

What.The.Fuck.

"What the fuck have I done? "

'Shit, shit shit shit shit shit, Bangchan please, I'm so sorry. I've been losing myself lately and-'

'You...you kissed me?'

'I'm sorry, Bangchan. Please, leave my house, I'm such an idiot for doing it and for all I know, you're probably into girls and not guys and-'

'You-'

'Shut it' Seungmin replied, putting his hand over Bangchan's mouth to stop him from talking.

'You need to listen to me, Chan. I'm a fucked up guy and don't even speak over me because you know it's true-'

'Seungmin, you're the best person I've ever met. What do you mean?' Bangchan responded, taking Seungmin's hand away from his mouth as Seungmin just sat there in complete silence.

'Why are you so harsh on yourself when you know you're none of those things as well? You're not an idiot, you're not a "fucked up guy" and you're not loosing yourself. Seungmin, when I first met you, when I first saw you in that park, I knew you were different. Very different. And yes, maybe that means others may not feel the same about you but in the end, who cares? Who cares about everyone else? You're amazing, Seungmin. Really. You just um...you kind of lost me on that kiss though...' he added, scratching his hair.

'You...you hate me?'

'No Seungmin, you just made me confused on the kiss because-'

'Hey darling, I'm home' the voice of a lady said as the front door opened, making both Bangchan and Seungmin look at each other in scare.

Fuck. Just while Seungmin was busy, he had forgotten to check the time as always. It's a so called: "classic Seungmin move" as Han would say when they're together.

'Fuck, okay um. Follow me' Seungmin whispered, grabbing Bangchan's hand and pulling him off the couch, just dodging the same time his mother entered the dining room.

'Are you watching TV, Seungmin?' she asked as both him and Bangchan walked down the second hallway to Seungmin's room. Both of them praying she won't walk to Seungmin's bedroom in response. 

'You know it is quite late, hon'

'Yeah, I know mum. Sorry' Seungmin replied from his room while he opened his bedroom's window, the night air brushing his hair up and about. 

'Get out quick' he whispered to Bangchan as the guy stood beside him.

'Seungmin, there is something I have to tell you' Bangchan said, not going through the open window like Seungmin would of liked.

'Bangchan, we don't have time-'

'Seungmin, do you know where the chicken is?' his mother asked from the kitchen, making both the boys go silent in response.

'I want to make some chicken and miso broth for us this week...'

'Get out' Seungmin whispered once more, looking right at Bangchan.

'But, I need to tell you something, Seungmin-'

'It's in the top shelf of the fridge mum! Now Bangchan, get out. Now'

'But-'

'Oh, thanks honey' Seungmin's mum responded, pulling out a container full of chicken breast from the fridge. 

'Seungmin, it is important, just trust me-'

'Honey, who was that?' the lady asked,  suddenly freezing from what she was just doing and waiting for a response from Seungmin.

Fuck.

'Get out now!' Seungmin whispered in an annoyed tone as Bangchan finally did exactly as he said, climbing through the window in quick haste in response to his mother's question.

'Honey, is someone in your room?-'

'No, no one is in my room, you're just mistaking me for a cold I have. My voice has been acting up lately' Seungmin responded before looking at Bangchan from the open window.

'Can I tell you now?' Bangchan asked in a low tone, still waiting for a yes from Seungmin.

'Tell me at school' Seungmin replied, looking behind to see if his mother was walking down the hallway after having her suspicions.

'But-'

'See you until then' Seungmin responded hastily, closing the window and shutting the blinds right in front of Bangchan's face as his mother suddenly entered the room, leaning against the door's frame.

And from what Seungmin could tell, it seems he had just dodged a bullet. It seems his mother had not seen anything at all... 

*It's currently midnight while I'm writing this. I'm still sick and I know I've rushed this chapter so bad oh my god...I'm so sorry*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241K 8.8K 74
Jisung, the new kid Minho, the jock Chan, the nice popular guy Felix, the stoner Changbin, the emo Jeongin, the anime geek Seungmin, the nerd Hyunjin...
59.6K 2.7K 90
Changbin doesn't know what to do with himself. How to cope. How to talk about his feelings. And when his crush slowly started coming closer to him, h...
4.8K 146 12
Felix was an overworked medical student who hadn't seen his brother in years. The last thing Felix expected was for his brother to show up one night...
102K 4.6K 62
jisung had gotten into a relationship like any other but just 2 months later, his relationship had taken a turn for the worst jisung however was blin...