Primeval's Twist (A Primeval...

By SherlockPhones

Katherina Dracula has been there from the start. Her father, being one of Professor Nick Cutter's closest fri... More

Chapter 2: The British Museum (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 3: The Abandoned House (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 4: The Abandoned House (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 5: Helen's Hospital (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 6: Helen's Hospital (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 7: The Airport & The Fake Anomaly (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 8: The Airport & The Fake Anomaly (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 9: Fungus (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 10: Fungus (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 11: Birdy Escape (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 12: Birdy Escape (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 13: Dracorex In Shining Armour (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 14: Dracorex In Shining Armour (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 15: A Dead Future (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 16: A Dead Future (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 17: Camping With Rhinos (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 18: Camping With Rhinos (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 19: Don't Leave Me Behind (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 20: Don't Leave Me Behind (part 2)✔️
Sequel (part 1)
Sequel (part 2)

Chapter 1: The British Museum (part 1)✔️✔️

3.7K 46 36
By SherlockPhones

22/6/15

I don't own any of primeval, it's plot or characters unfortunately. However, Katherina and her family are mine. All credit and rights go to impossible pictures.

First chapter is dedicated to my first fan Giogi1998 thank you so much for not being silent basically😂😉all support is hugely thanked and appreciated.

PHOTO IS KATHERINA'S BIKE. LITERALLY DREAM BIKE I SWEAR☺️💕
AND INCASE YOU WERE WONDERING HER NAME IS PRONOUNCED KATH-ER-RINA NOT KATH-RINA. OKAY THANKSSSSS HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katherina's POV:

My mornings usually start the same way: my alarm goes off at seven, I get dressed and eat before heading off to The ARC where I work. However, today I didn't even make it to 5am before my nightmares were interrupted by the ringing of my mobile phone.

Groaning into my pillow, I forced myself to roll over and blindly reach to my bedside table, grasping for my phone. Feeling the cold rectangle that is my iPhone, I quickly shook away lingering images of circling creatures, along with Stephen's bloody face, before sliding across to answer.

"Dracula." I sigh, slightly relieved my nightmare was interrupted before the creatures could pounce.

"It's me," Professor Nick Cutter's voice rings over the phone, instantly waking me as I know what he is going to say before he can even finish his sentence. "Wakey wakey, we've got another one."

"Yay." I replied sarcastically. "Where is it this time?"

"Head on over to the British Museum, I'll bring all your equipment from The ARC and meet you there. I've already called Abby and Connor..." He paused slightly, amusement creeping into his voice. "A creature in a museum, sounds like it'll be fun."

"As much fun as a bull in a china shop." I replied as I swung my legs out of bed and placed my feet on hard, cold laminate flooring...

I really need to look into getting a carpet, this shit isn't nice I thought as I fought the temptation to roll back into bed.

"Oh trust me, it gets better." Cutter continued.

"Oh really?" I questioned dryly.

"Yep. You'll see why when you get to the museum."

With that Cutter ended the phone call, making me realise he never seemed to say goodbye since the accident with Stephen. Huh. It's pretty clear why, nobody could blame him...

Becker's POV:

"I assume you've been fully briefed, Becker." James Lester, my enthusiastic new boss spoke as we strolled down the main corridor of the ARC.

"Yes sir."

"Your job," he continued as if I hadn't spoken. "Is to tighten up security in every area of the ARC." He nodded slightly to a lab worker who passed us. "As you may know we've had a number of unfortunate collapses recently." He ended nonchalantly.

"I'm aware of that." I replied as I stopped to gaze into a lab off the corridor. Noticing that Lester hadn't stopped, I jogged to catch up.

"Are you also aware of the work we do here?"

I smirked slightly before answering: "You detect anomalies and fight dinosaurs when necessary."

Lester shot a quick glance at me before continuing the conversation.

"Correct, you don't seem surprised."

My smirk widened at his response and before I could help myself: "Well I have extensive experience in dinosaur handling, sir." I adopted a false tone of wonder. "I assume that's why I was picked for the job?"

Lester stopped at the archway connecting the main corridor to the centre of activity in the ARC. He turned to me and arched an expensive eyebrow.

"I take it that's some sort of joke?" He crossed his arms behind his back.

"Yes." I replied, mirroring his action.

"A lot of people are sceptical when they first join us, Becker, they don't stay that way for long." He made to continue walking before stopping as an after thought. "And in future, I'll do the jokes."

"Yes sir, sorry sir." I followed him into the centre of the ARC where there were a few desks and a very complicated looking computer.

Without even turning to look at me, in a bored voice, Lester ignored my previous apologies.

"You'll be dealing with a temperamental team of amateurs who happen to be very good at what they do..." Lester turned to look me in the eye. "Your job is to stop them from getting themselves killed. No matter what they say, you and your men will stick to them like glue. We cannot afford another Stephen Hart." Lester sent a quick glance to the employees within hearing distance before adding a little information to his speech, as if he purposely didn't want anyone else hearing. "I want you personally keeping a specific eye on Katherina. Nearly every incursion that occurs she throws herself into the middle of it like she doesn't care whether she comes out or not. I have personal interest to see that she always makes it out." He furrowed his eyebrows as his voice became even more serious. "Do not, under any circumstances, make yourself obvious. She will know. Believe me on that. Is that clear?"

"Crystal, sir." I said clearly, hiding the confusion I felt at the girls singling out.

Lester moved to go back to his office and made it only 5 steps away, before spinning on his heel. Again.

"By the way, Professor Cutter won't like you and he'll go out of his way to make your job as difficult as possible. Try not to take it personally."

I held back a reply, watching him walk away and wondering what I'd gotten myself into.

"The military has nothing on this place." I mummer as I glance around at my new place of work.

Katherina's POV:

It's not often I'm called into work from home, but when I am I get the pleasure of riding my black beauty. My baby. I know, it sounds sad, but my black Ducati 1199 Panigale is quite literally my pride and joy. Everytime I get to ride it to a site I'm pestered by Connor and Stephen... Although I guess not Stephen anymore.

I tried to ignore thoughts of our friend as I wove through the streets of London at 70mph, trying not to increase my already illegal speed by anymore. When you're sat on a bike and you feel the freedom and the wind in your hair, you would understand the need for speed.

I began to slow as I spotted the signs for the museum, before pulling into the main gates and stopping next to Abby's car. Connor and Abby, who had previously been leaning against said car, both stood straight as they saw me pull in on Betty... Yes I named my bike, it's not that strange... I name everything of importance to me...

"Holy... I swear, that bike gets hotter everytime I see it." Connor exclaimed as I swung my leg over and got off.

He came over, hand stretched to caress my beauty, before being interrupted by my voice as I tugged off my black helmet.

"Touch her and die." I smirked.

"Take me for a ride." Connor begged, his hands clasped together.

"No, Connor. How many times do I have to say no."

"More than you already have." He muttered, following me to the museum steps.

"Hey Abbs." I grinned.

"Hey Natasha." She winked, referring to the fact I wore my bike leathers which happened to look slightly like Black Widows catsuit.

I laughed as I shook out my long blonde hair. Man I hate helmet hair.

Abby pushed open the main doors, waiting for Connor and I to follow. We walked for a couple steps before Abby slowed to a stop. I looked up to see what stopped her and my stare was met with about a dozen men, wearing the tell-tale black of ARC security, surrounding Cutter and Jenny.

One man, rather handsome, stood out from the rest. He had black, neatly combed hair and dark eyes that seemed hard, yet amused. He stood next to Cutter and Jenny while the rest of the security stood around them. I scanned him from head to toe, noting from slight bulges that he carried many hidden weapons. I also didn't fail to notice that the majority of his body was perfectly honed muscle and raised an eyebrow appreciatively. I glanced up to his eyes, seeing him finish his own appraisal of me and send a smirk my way. I rolled my eyes in response, knowing my bike leathers clung to all my curves, and looked to Cutter in question.

I'm guessing this is what Cutter meant by 'this gets better'. Lester has assigned us a bloody security team... I'm guessing because of Stephen.

I'll be having words back at the ARC.

"Connor Temple, Katherina Dracula, Abby Maitland," I was knocked out of my thoughts by Cutters voice. "This is Captain Becker. He's here to protect us so do as he says."

I shared a look with Abby and Connor, knowing Cutter isn't the type to listen to orders very well, knowing that none of us are very different.

"Unless I think he's wrong." With that Cutter turned to enter the museum, missing the unsurprised smirks that rose to our faces.

I jogged to catch up with Cutter, walking in-between him and Jenny.

"So Lester thinks we need a babysitter now, is that it?" I questioned in a hard voice.

"Calm down, Katie," Jenny cut in, using my preferred nickname. "Lester is just being careful after the accident with Stephen."

Cutter and I both flinched at the sound of his name. It's one thing to think it but it's something else to hear it said out loud.

"So Stephen's just an accident now?" I growled.

I felt Cutter's hand on my arm, knowing due to the fact he suffered the same nightmares as I, he was merely warning me not to take it out on Jenny.

"Katie." She said as a warning. Glancing to me as she walked. "Let's not do this here."

I said nothing as I shrugged my arm out of Cutter's grasp and dropped back to walk just infront of Abby and Connor.

"You know when I was a kid, I used to think all the exhibits came to life at night." Connor said as we all scanned the dark museum as we walked. "When I was about 8," he continued. "I decided to stay behind one night, find out."

"Ohh," Abby began. "What happened?"

"Nothing... Really. Apart from the fact I got locked in the toilet for 3 hours.." Connor pulled a face causing both Abby and I to laugh quietly.

"It's not funny!" Connor exclaimed. "When they found me I was hysterical! I've had a problem with... Museums ever since."

"Shouldn't you have a problem with toilets?" I asked over my shoulder dryly.

"Got over that." He replied nonchalantly, eliciting a snort from me and a confused look from Abby.

We all walked up some stairs, Cutter in the lead, before he picked up a red jacket from the floor, looked up and then stopped abruptly. He dropped the jacket and walked forward, Abby right behind him, and stopped at the body of an older woman, covered in blood and laid on the floor. He bent to rest his fingers on her neck before looking away.

"It's an animal kill." Abby whispered.

"Could be anywhere in the museum by now." I sighed.

"Split up." Cutter said, rising.

I didn't wait for him to divide out teams, knowing Connor would probably complain about wherever he ended up, and just turned to walk down the corridor to my left.

I heard a sigh behind me before Cutter told Abby and Connor to follow me. Then a new voice, I'm guessing Becker's, told his soldiers to go with Cutter and Jenny, before following us.

Yay. Action man to the rescue. Note the sarcasm.

We ended up in the ancient Egyptian section, where mummy's in glass boxes littered the whole room. Connor, looking like a James Bond reject, spun around corners, gun outstretched, before turning and gesturing us to follow him.

"I really don't like this place." He spoke, looking at a particularly old mummy.

I glanced around, taking no interest in the historical artefacts, just smiling in amusement at Abby's gasps of awe.

Suddenly, Connor gasped and spun around, pointing his gun at a gold sarcophagus. I rolled my eyes at him, before turning and sprinting as the loud notice of a door cut though the silence.

"Go, go, go." Becker said into his earpiece as we all began sprinting to the direction of the noise.

We turned the corner and I caught a glimpse of a dark haired woman before Connor pointed his gun at her, causing her to gasp.

"Stay where you are." Connor said as we noticed Cutter and Jenny on the other side of the woman, cutting of her escape.

Her hands in the air, she turned to run in their direction before being stopped by Cutter.

"Stay where you are."

She backed up slightly before Cutter came closer and spoke calmly to her scared face.

"It's alright." He said with a smile. "Now who are you?"

"Dr-Dr page." She stuttered, breathing heavily and glancing at the numerous guns surrounding her.

"I'm Nick Cutter." He replied.

"Okay." She whispered. "Um... Im... I'm guessing you're some kind of-of... Thief."

"No. Actually I'm a professor." He said softy.

"I've never seen a professor with a gun before." She replied after a long glance at his gun, which was currently pointed towards the ground.

"Yeah, it's a pretty specialised field." He said before walking past her.

We all followed, Connor slowing as he passed Dr. Page. We stopped as we neared the body again, before then hearing Dr. Page speak.

"Marion." She gasped, seeing the bloodied body on the floor. Her hand rose to her mouth in horror before she turned and fled as fast as she could.

"Dr. Page!" I shouted, sprinting after her and alerting the others.

"Move it!" Becker shouted as they followed after me.

I sprinted ahead, leaving them behind as I followed Dr. Page, knowing the creature could be anywhere and she may barely be able to defend herself. I reached the main hall, to see her body disappear down some steps to the left. I ran down the main hall, hearing the sound of a door closing at the same time the others entered the hall behind me. The sound of the door soon turned to screams and I pushed myself further, feeling the same helplessness I did with Stephen surface again.

I won't lose anyone else. I won't let it happen again.

I repeated this mantra in my head, using it to push myself faster, before coming to the storage room where the screams had just stopped coming from. I burst trough the door, gun raised, ignoring the desperate calls of my name from behind me, and entered just in time to see the creature disappear through the loading bay doors at the back.

Not five seconds later the others entered behind me. They all scanned the room, noting the anomaly and lack of creature.

I spotted Dr. Page, her back pressed against the wall behind me, before speaking to her.

"Are you okay?" I asked, concerned over the fact she seemed to be breathing too heavily.

She merely stared at me, saying nothing.

"I'm guessing not." Cutter answered for her.

"It went through there." I said, nodding to the open door at the back of the room.

"Did you see it?" Cutter asked.

I shook my head as Abby turned to Dr. Page and asked what she saw.

"I saw... Ammut." She whispered. "I saw the goddess Ammut."

Abby turned and ran to the back entrance where the creature disappeared as Cutter turned to the doctor.

"Look I know what I saw okay?" She exclaimed. "And it looked like that." She pointed to a crocodile-like statue, causing us all to look.

"I believe you saw something," started Cutter. "I've seen things that confuse me too... But I just don't think it was Ammut."

Abby came running back over before speaking to Cutter.

"Cutter, animal tracks. Bi-paired and quadruped, it's heading south." She gasped.

"I've got to get back to The ARC." Jenny cut in.

"The ark?!" Dr. Page shouted.

"Not that one." Connor said with a wave.

"I'm going to brief Lester." Jenny continued. "Becker secure the area."

The babysitter nodded before running off, his security fanning out.

"Connor, Katie, stay here and see if you can figure out what time period that anomaly leads too." Cutter said. "And find out what Dr. Page knows about the sun-cage."

He turned to Abby.

"Abby, you're with me." He said before running off in the direction of the creature, Abby hot on his heels.

Connor studied Dr. Page before deciding he hadn't done anything stupid for a while.

"I bet I can read your mind." He said with a smirk. "You wanna know who we are, what The ARC is and what this big flickering thing is behind me right?"

She glanced at him out the corner of her eye before answering.

"Actually, erm, I was wondering why an Egyptian demon tried to eat me." She said with a nod.

I snorted from behind her and rolled my eyes at Connor's disappointed face.

"Calm down Professor X, one day you'll get it right." I winked, knowing the fellow marvel nerd would understand my X-Men reference.

I was interrupted by the sound of the loading doors closing and looked to see Becker directing his men. He glanced up, making eye contact and flashing me a smirk before I rolled my eyes and looked away.

"So Dr. Page," Connor said after turning on the large overhead light. "What do these hieroglyphs mean?"

"Well that's what I've been working on..." She glanced at the statue. "But there are so many unanswered questions, so many missing fragments... I've been trying to figure it all out."

She stared off into the distance, ignoring those around her.

"If Marion had of let me finish... Ammut would have gotten me and not her."

"I'm sorry." Connor said awkwardly. "Your friend?"

"Oh no!" Dr. Page said with a head shake. "But given the choice I wouldn't have wanted her dead..."

I sat in the background, listening slightly to Connor and Sarah's conversation. However my main attention was focused on the task in front of me, something I did when I wanted time to think. At a rapid pace, one only a honed soldier could match, I quickly took apart the rifle in my hands before placing the pieces out in size order in front of me. I slapped my hands on the wooden crate before again, placing the pieces of the rifle back together. The whole process took around 6 seconds, not my finest time. I continued to do this as I thought about Stephen and how, if he were here, we would have probably found the creature already. His tracking skills were unmatched. Admired even.

See, many people often thought Stephen and I were in a relationship, or at the very least lovers. The actual fact was simply that he reminded me of my twin brother, someone I haven't seen for over 2 years, and I reminded him of the little sister he never had. Loosing Stephen was like loosing my brother all over again. The only difference being that I saw Stephen meet his maker alongside Cutter, yet I don't even have a body to speculate about what happened to my twin.

2 years ago, he simply disappeared. Right off the edge of our property. Loosing my twin, the one person who understood me completely, pushed me over the edge. I became reckless and didn't have a care for my own life. It worried my father and other brothers to the point they decided to send me down south to father's old friend Nick Cutter, where I met Stephen Hart. Stephen was so like my twin brother, we clicked instantly and a familial bond was formed. Loosing Stephen brought that pain back tenfold, and even I'll admit I've changed again. He brought back the old me, but she died again with him.

I was brought out of my thoughts as I noticed Sarah's gaze before she shifted closer to Connor to talk to him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

393 20 21
It has been a year since Vi's dream and is going out very well with her freshmen year at Sattlelight High. May and her friends are gone, Vi and Joyce...
31.2K 988 98
❝ "Oh, yes," Helen approached her goddaughter. "Clara Fields. The only other person in the world to know Claudia Brown existed; the girl who turned d...
25.4K 4.1K 62
❝The universe is full of stars. If it weren't for them, the galaxies wouldn't be bright and the night sky would be a lifeless veil of blue because on...
82 0 14
JWCC I only own some of the story line and my oc WARNING CONTAINS: SCARS,USE OF GUNS AND KNIVES, A BIT SAPPHIC, A LITTLE CURSING, PANIC ATTACKS, Men...