Solace

By Meehira__writes

Nidhi, an adopted child, lost her biological parents in a horrific accident at the tender age of four, result... More

Copyright
Solace
|1|sorrow
|2| truth
|3| life
|4| forced
|5| person
|6| dates
|7| meet
|8| anxiety
|9| past
|10| locked
|11| wedding
|12| competition
|13| not so easy
|15| anger
PLAGIARISED-CHEATERS
|16| guilt
|17| sorry
|18| smile
|19| payal
|20| reception
|21| friends
|22| departure
|23| thoughts
|24| talk
|25| understanding
|26| accident
|27| slumber
|28| college
|29| pothos
|30| monthiversary
|31| allergy
|32| confirmation
|33| proximity
|34|stormy hearts
|35| mine
|36|longing

|14| happy moments

420 95 61
By Meehira__writes

Hello, everyone! In my last update, I shared the unfortunate incident of plagiarism. The same night, I took action by filing a complaint on Wattpad regarding copyright infringement. However, the response I received stated that since my work had been plagiarized on another website, Wattpad couldn't intervene.

I have re-published the affected chapter, and I plan to do the same for the remaining chapters tomorrow. To counteract the problem, I have included those attention-grabbing images you might have noticed, so the next time teenfic does this the images will be copied, I got this idea from a fellow writer, who had this issue addressed.

Teenfic, being a mirror website of Wattpad, their motive isn't merely to gain readers. Instead, it appears to be a malicious website with ulterior intentions, beacause the moment, I opened the website, numerous explicit adds started popping up.

Be sure to follow me, the author, for all crucial announcements Meehira__writes Recently, I received messages from some readers stating that they did not receive notifications for the latest chapter updates.

Follow nahi karoge to update kaise milega?

~V A I B H A V ~

Constantly looking at her, she broke her gaze and looked somewhere else, then back at me. This feeling was surreal-my life partner beside me, just looking at each other in silence. There was something very peaceful about this silence, and the rain and thunder, outside made it feel like heaven.

She felt like home. My mother was right; I shouldn't have dwelled on the past problems in my life. When Ma first told me about my alliance with Nidhi, I should have said yes right away. I would have been a lot happier.

I fed another spoon to Nidhi, and she hesitantly took it. Soon, it was all finished. It should have been a bucket full of dessert; I could have spent the whole night just feeding and eating with her.

Our peaceful moment got disturbed when we heard a knock on the door.

"Wait, let me see," I said and approached the door to open it.

When I opened the door, a house helper was standing there with two gift boxes in his hands.

"Sir, we got this in the morning but forgot to send this to your room," he said apologetically.

"It's okay," I said. I never treated staff poorly, whether at the office or at home. I believed my kindness wouldn't cost me anything.

I shut the door with my leg and returned to the room. Priya's name was written in bold letters on one box.

"It's a gift from Priya," I said, turning the box. On the other side, there was my name on one box and Nidhi's name on the other.

"Let's open it," I suggested, sitting beside Nidhi on the couch.

"Didn't she already give the gift?" I asked.

"Hmm, by making the bed wet," she agreed.

We discarded the gift wrapper of our respective boxes. When I opened my box, my eyes fell on women's lingerie, leaving me stunned. Looking at Nidhi's box, it contained men's protection in different flavors. We both closed the boxes abruptly, and she quickly rose from the couch and stepped out onto the balcony.

I remained seated on the couch, when she didn't return after a minute, I closed the lids of both the boxes and kept them in the wardrobe.

After around ten minutes with no sign of her return, I went outside, in the balcony.

She was standing in the corner as it was raining quite heavily.

I walked towards her taking careful steps and stood beside her, but she didn't say anything. She was just constantly looking at the rain, as if pondering something very serious. I stood beside her but didn't interrupt the silence.

"Are we going to have sex then?" she asked, her sudden question leaving me speechless. I didn't expect her to say something like that all of a sudden. I mean, who wouldn't want to love their wife, but not in the initial phase of the relationship.

Inhaling deeply, "First of all, we will never have sex; we will make love," I replied, still inhaling sharply.

She didn't look at me, but a red blush and sweat near her hairline was quite visible.

"What's second?" she asked, immediately displaying nervousness on her face.

"Nidhi, I am willing to take ninety-nine steps towards you, decreasing the distance, but you need to take that final step to come to me, to get close to me, to fill the remaining gap between us. I wouldn't touch you before that."

"Nidhi, I believe in emotional intimacy first, and if you heard your question, then there is a 'we' in your question. We both must be ready for it, but I'm not, and I know neither are you," I said, making my point clear.

"Let's sleep; tomorrow, you have to go to Uncle's home," I said, reminding her about the rituals, which were to be done at her home.

"Hmm," she hummed.

We both entered the room, and again her face became tense.

"You sleep on the bed; I'll take the couch," I said, lifting a weight from her tiny shoulders.

She didn't say anything, just went to bed and lay on it, her head taking support from the bedpost.

After that, I went to the couch, placed the laptop on my lap, and got busy with my work.

"Good night," she said, pulling me away from my work.

"Good night," I replied.

She slipped into bed completely, placing her body on it and covering herself with the duvet.

Soon, I sensed her breathing slowing down, indicating that she was asleep.

I, too, lay down on the couch. Soon, I drifted into sleep.

In the morning, I awoke to the gentle sunlight caressing my face, and my gaze fell upon my peacefully sleeping wife. Rather than disturbing her, I quietly retreated to the changing room.

~N I D H I~

I woke up to a phone call and realized it was on my phone. Glancing at the time, I noticed it was seven-thirty. How did I sleep so late? My sleep was never this deep. Looking around, I realized Vaibhav was not in the room. Where did he go now?

Answering the call, I cheerfully greeted, "Good morning, Papa."

"Good morning. Till when are you people reaching?" he asked.

"Papa, I will call you before leaving from here," I replied, unsure about the exact timing.

"Okay, come soon," he said before hanging up.

I stepped out of bed and saw Vaibhav emerging from the washroom. He was dressed in black denim and a light blue shirt, looking sharp. The top two buttons of his shirt were open, giving him a casual yet stylish appearance. He cleared his throat, and when I looked at his face, a smirk formed, making me realize he caught me checking him out.

"Why didn't you wake me?" I asked.

"You were sleeping so peacefully; I didn't want to disturb you," he said, still smirking.

"No, you should have. We might get late," I said, glancing at him.

Afterward, I went into the washroom to freshen up. I got ready, changing into a light blue saree, I left my hair open. Soon, after getting ready, I came out, carrying my purse, only to find him engrossed in his laptop.

Roshni was right; he is never sitting idle, always doing something. When his eyes fell on me, they stopped, looking at me from head to toe. He looked at me in the eyes, and slowly, his gaze traveled lower and lower. Despite knowing that I was watching, he didn't seem to care.

I took out my identity card from my purse and walked toward him, causing his expressions to become clueless and puzzled.

"Uhhhmm, can you give this to Adarsh? He asked for my identity card," I said, as it seemed he had plans to stare at me the entire day.

"Yes," he said, first clearing his throat, taking the card from my hand.

"Let's go," I said.

"Hmm," he hummed.

After meeting Ma, Vaibhav went to Adarsh to give him my identity card, and we headed to the parking area, we both sat inside the car and he started driving.

"Papa, we've departed from home and expect to arrive in about an hour," I conveyed during our phone call.

"Alright, Beta, please make your way here promptly; we eagerly await your arrival," he responded before ending the call.

Being with him in such close proximity was making my heart beat faster. Accidentally, my eyes fell on his neck and the red marks on it, when I thought deeply about it, I recalled, the anxiety attack, my hands over his neck, these marks were from yesterday when he was holding me during my anxiety attack, it was still fresh. My thought went to the position we were in, how close we were to each other, even between my suffering I could feel his racing heart beat.

"Can we stop at a chemist shop?" I asked.

"Why? Are you okay? I mean, I can take you to the doctor," he said, without looking at me, focused on driving.

"Yes, I'm fine. Just need something," I replied.

Soon, he stopped at a chemist shop.

"Wait, I'll get it. You stay seated," I said.

Stepping out of the car, I bought an ointment for scratches and some cotton.

"What did you get?" he asked.

"This," I said, showing him the ointment and cotton.

"I'm sorry you got hurt because of me," I said, pointing to his neck.

"Mrs. Rajawat, your eyes are naughty, looking at the wrong places," he said, causing me to lower my eyes.

"Just apply it," I said, extending my hand to pass the ointment to him.

"Mmmm, my hands are very tired from driving. Don't you care for your husband?" he said, cutely smiling.

Who would have thought this man, who is always serious and working, would be like this?

Taking the ointment on cotton, I extended my hand to his neck, holding the collar of his shirt with one hand while applying the ointment with the other.

"Done," I said, sighing.

"Too fast," he said, glancing at me.

He resumed driving, and a peaceful silence settled between us. I tilted my head near the window, observing the lightly bluish sky with the sun peeking amidst the clouds, it was nearly afternoon, but the sun's intensity was subdued by the presence of clouds in the sky. The city appeared as if it were freshly washed by the rain, and there was something beautiful about, today.

Suddenly, Vaibhav's voice interrupted my thoughts. "Yes, Adarsh, everything okay?" After listening to Adarsh for a few minutes, Vaibhav glanced at me and asked, "Nidhi, is it okay if we book a flight for Mumbai, tomorrow after midnight?"

"Yes," I replied after a brief pause.

"Book it, Adarsh," Vaibhav instructed before ending the call.

"Is it really okay?" he asked again, concern evident on his face. "Nidhi, you can stay at Uncle's place if you want."

"No, it's okay. I don't have any issue," I replied, as if I had any place to live, except his place, if not his place, I was practically homeless.

Soon, we arrived at Papa's house. Vaibhav stayed behind to get the gifts from the car, and I waited for him. As we approached the door, Papa was already waiting for us. The moment he saw us, he smiled deeply at me.

"Vaibhav beta, why are you carrying them?" Papa asked as he approached.

"It's okay, Uncle," a house helper came and took the gifts from Vaibhav's hands.

He bent toward my father, but Papa interrupted and hugged him. Both of us were drawn into a warm embrace.

"Di, you are glowing," Shivani exclaimed, running towards me. I glanced at Vaibhav, and he smiled at me.

"Hi, Jiju," she greeted Vaibhav and hugged him from the side.

"Hi, Shivani," he replied, politely.

My mother arrived with carefully acted expressions that she couldn't maintain. It was evident on her face that she was not happy to see me here. She stood with us, and we both bent to touch her feet.

"Stay blessed," she muttered. Then, she took me in a light hug for a few seconds.

We proceeded with the rituals, and afterward, we all stepped inside together. Seated in the drawing area, refreshments were served-a somewhat unfamiliar situation, feeling like a guest in the house I used to call my home.

Almost an hour had passed since our arrival. Papa and Vaibhav were engrossed in a conversation about usual things-his business and the upcoming projects in Vaibhav's company.

"Okay, uncle, I'll leave then," Vaibhav said, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"No, beta, stay," Papa insisted.

"Uncle, you all should spend some time together. Anyway, we will be leaving for Mumbai after tomorrow," Vaibhav informed.

"Next time, for sure," he added.

"Okay, Nidhi beta, see him off," Papa said.

"Ji, Papa," I acknowledged.

We walked toward the parking area and stopped in front of his car.

"You will be able to sleep comfortably on your bed," I said, glancing at him.

"What if I tell you that I don't want to sleep comfortably? I was fine on the couch," Vaibhav responded, looking at me, his gaze, intense.

"I think, that would be a lie," I said.

"So, are we talking then?" he smoothly changed the topic.

"How smoothly you changed the topic," I said.

"Look who's talking," he replied, rolling his eyes.

"I don't change the topic," I meekly smiled.

"Yeah, but I do," he stated, turning to sit in the car.

"Wait," I said, lightly holding his arm. I withdrew my hand the moment I realized what I had done.

Before I could retract my hand completely, he held it and placed it back on his arm. His hand was warm, the grip tight but not painful-it was firm yet gentle.

I didn't protest; I left my hand in his.

"Why did you give that ring to me, even though it was you who found it first?" I asked. I wanted to ask this before, but my anxiety attack and those relatives made me forget it.

"Because I wanted you to win," he replied.

"Is that it?" I inquired.

"Yes, but in the beginning, you were very enthusiastic to win," I said.

"Do you really want to know the truth?" he asked.

"Y-Yes," I answered, stuttering.

"Because, I didn't want your nose to turn red in front of everybody due to losing," he explained, a mischievous smile forming on his face.

"What th...?" I stopped, not saying anything more.

"What were you expecting, anything else, Mrs. Rajawat?" he asked, a smirk playing on his lips.

"N-No, n-not at all," I stammered.

He giggled, "Okay, everyone must be waiting for you," he said.

"You know, if you want to come back early, you can call me, I'll come right away to take you home, our home," he said, holding my hand, protectively.

"Miss me and take care," he added, smiling.

"You too, take care," I replied, ignoring the "miss me."

He let go of my hand and sat in the car. I waved at him, smiling, as he drove off, and then I went inside.

Will I miss him?

Perhaps, perhaps not.

Nidhi: Text me when you reach home.

I messaged Vaibhav before entering the house. Upon stepping into the drawing room, I noticed it was empty.

My mother never showed interest in matters concerning me, and this was nothing new. I didn't expect anything different.

Entering my old room, memories of being with Vaibhav, locked inside, flooded my mind. It felt overwhelming, but in a positive way.

I wish I had never met Rohit; I would have been much happier with Vaibhav. Rohit left me with numerous doubts and trust issues regarding new relationships.

At least now, I have someone I can call home, though I remain skeptical about opening myself up to him.

I took a seat on the couch where he had slept. Initially, when I asked him if he was tired, he had quickly replied with a no and drifted off into sleep.

Although I wanted him to stay, I didn't stop him. I didn't want him to witness the strained relationship I had with my mother. I preferred keeping it hidden from him.

"Di, you are looking just... just wow," Shivani exclaimed, rushing inside.

"Oh my god!! Careful, Shivani," I screamed in response to her sudden outburst.

"That's just because of the sunlight," I explained.

She pulled me by my hand, made me sit on the bed, and sat facing me.

"Di, how is Jiju with you?" she asked, smiling deeply.

"He is... he is nice," I replied.

"Did you both...?" she asked, smirking.

"Shivani, you shouldn't be asking this, I'm your elder sister, but no, we didn't," I clarified, patting her on the arm.

"When are you leaving for Mumbai?" she inquired.

"Tomorrow after midnight," I informed.

"You will be coming, right? For the reception," I asked, uncertain about Mumma allowing her to come.

"Yes, Papa and I will be coming, but Mumma won't come," she said, her gaze lowered.

"Di, we will go to the beach," she exclaimed in excitement.

Before I could say anything, a call disrupted our conversation.

"Wait, it's from Vaibhav," I said, standing up from the bed. I opened the door of the balcony and stepped outside.

"Ohh, Vaibhav," she teased from inside the room.

"I have reached," he said the moment I picked up the call.

"I thought, after all, we are married. I have every right to call you, don't I?" he asked, even though I couldn't see him, but he must be smiling while asking this.

"You do," I replied.

"You know, even you have the right to call me," he said.

"I know," I admitted.

"Then why didn't you call me, to order me to call you after reaching home?" he asked. Well, he was right; I should have called him.

"I thought you must be driving," I excused.

I heard the sound of something falling in between the call. I couldn't help myself but ask, "Are you searching for something?" I asked.

"Yes, I thought I would do my work, but, I am not able to find my laptop glasses. Yesterday night I worked without them, later I was getting a headache," he said.

"Open the drawer of the side table, the side on which I slept," I said.

"Found it, you are spoiling my habits, Mrs. Rajawat," After few minutes, may be after searching for the glasses, he said, chuckling.

I giggled in response.

"Di, enough, don't you have some time for me? Talk to Jiju after tomorrow," Shivani said from behind.

"Who is that?" He asked.

"Shivani,"

"Why can't they let us talk for a moment," he said, slightly irritated.

"Okay, I'll call you later," I said.

"You will?" he immediately asked.

"Now it is not like I won't call you," I said.

"Di, what is this?" saying this, she snatched the phone from my hand and cut the call.

She pulled me, and we both lay on the bed. She kept her head on my shoulder.

"Di, Jiju's care is quite evident on your face," she said, glancing at me.

"I'm so happy for you," she said.

Is it that evident on my face?

I just smiled at her, and she kept lying beside me.

She kept telling me about her college, new friends, and how she enjoyed with Roshni.

While talking, I don't know when I drifted into sleep.

When I woke up, I realized it was evening. I stood up from the bed and stepped out onto the balcony. It was raining, not heavily, but enough to make anyone wet. Due to the clouds covering the sun, it looked more dark, but a yellowish dark.

I stood there for a while, looking at the sky. It was just beautiful. I came out of my thoughts when I heard a call on my phone.

I went inside the room; it was Priya's call, so I answered it.

"So, did you both like the gift?" she asked, giggling.

"No, we didn't," I said, irritated.

"No, Vaibhav must have liked it, and he will like it more when you wear that for him," she said, a chuckle leaving her mouth.

"Shut up!!" I said.

"Okay, leave it. Tell me when is your reception?" She asked.

"No, I can't leave it. You know how uncomfortable and embarrassing it was; we both were sitting together while opening the gift," I complained.

She giggled more and asked in between, "When is the reception?" She asked, again.

"I don't know. I'll have to ask Vaibhav. I'll text you when I get to know about the exact date," I told her.

"That would be great," she said.

"Where did you both sleep that night?" she asked, wanting to know about the success of the prank.

"He slept on the floor, I slept on the couch," I said, putting water on her thoughts.

"Shit, It didn't go as I planned. I thought you both will sleep together on the couch," she said, sighing.

"He himself slept on the floor," I said, chuckling.

"He lost such an amazing chance," she said.

"Okay, I'll cut the call, text me about the dates," She said, before hanging up.

__

Greetings, lovely readers. Firstly, my sincere apologies for the delayed update. I've been a bit down lately as some things haven't been going well. However, I promise to make a concerted effort to provide more timely updates in the future. Your support in helping me reach a larger audience of followers and readers would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you 💕

I want to dedicate this chapter to my lovely readers who take out time to like and comment.

There are many, Bhumishri, Shruti, and I recently got a new lovely reader, Idkhuhidkhuh, affykim, trishuwuu, YoonglesBambi and there are many more. Wattpad allows to dedicate the chapter to one reader only so I'm taking the names here.

Just Thank you for your support.

And this who just silently read the chapter, and Don appreciate the efforts, Yaar, it just takes 5 seconds to acknowledge the efforts, and vote comment and follow would motivate your author to write more, and a good content, if you are coming here, after a new notification that means you are liking it, so be a little considerate and empathetic and appreciate the author.

You people have no idea how awesome and wonderful it feels whenever, I get good words from you people.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 18K 66
#99 in Romance on 15 April 2016 #6 in Chicklit on 3rd May 2016 Changed Genre to Chicklit on 22 April 2016 Story is in English "Can I ask you somethin...
786 233 15
Tara and Aarav find themselves drawn together by fate, their paths crossing once again in the bustling city of Mumbai. Both scarred by their heartbre...
6K 190 13
Hardships! This has always been mine constant companion right from my Swaymvar .... This story reflects my life , my hardships , my self-respect and...
6K 842 18
**Keshavi Mishra × Arjun Sharma** Keshavi who is suffering from her insecurities and have trust issues towards men because of some...