That time I failed as an Auth...

By elite3532

Elite3532, an individual who can be considered as an icon among the Tensura fandom community failed in accomp... More

Prologue: An pitiful end
Chapter 1: A fresh start
Chapter 2: Unexpected early surprise
Chapter 3: Birthday
Chapter4: Years later
Chapter 5: A year of training
Chapter 6: Partner
Chapter 7: Moving forward
Chapter 8: Departure
Chapter 9: Destined fate
Chapter 10: Academy prelude
Chapter 11: A good first day
Chapter 12: Proving yourself
Chapter 13: Superiority
Chapter 14: String of fate
Chapter 15: Lara Arceid
Chapter 16: Nightmare
Chapter 17: Prelude to disaster
Chapter 18: An early goodbye
Chapter 19: Loss and rebirth
Chapter 20: Arceid's will
Chapter 21: Leap of fate
Chapter 22: New resolution, new era
Chapter 23: 20 Years later
Chapter 24: Cursed by Loneliness
Chapter 26: Moonlight
Chapter 27: Odd dungeon
Chapter 28: Far away to another continent
Chapter 29: Sorrow and Guilt
Chapter 30: Fated disaster/Moving on
Chapter 31: Conclusion of an Era
Chapter 32: Reaching the Sky
Chapter 33: Ace of God
Chapter 34: Conqueror of Flame, Shizue Izawa
Chapter 35: Prisoner of ourself
Chapter 36: Orc invasion/Trust?
Chapter 37: Lost control
Chapter 38: Author and Character
Chapter 39: Understanding/Hinata vs Rimuru
Chapter 40: Falmuth war
Chapter 41: Demon lord Rimuru/A tale sourcing from the regrets of the past
Chapter 42: Walpurgis Prelude
Chapter 43: Demon lords/Walpurgis
Chapter 44: Demon lords's demise
Character Profile [1]
Chapter 45: False God? Chaos through Ruberios
Chapter 46: End of Crisis
Chapter 47: Hero and Schemes
Chapter 48: The demon lord, the saint and the hunter
Chapter 49: A fruitful evening

Chapter 25: A request from Elmesia

1.2K 59 22
By elite3532

3rd Pov

Leaving the dwelling, Dawn and Ria made their way toward Sarion...problem they didn't exactly know its location...

So for now they decided to rest in a human nation between Ungracia and the blurry territory of the elves.

They have strong illusion based magic to hide their city and capital...this was to a point where even Dawn's Reader couldn't bypass it.

Mainly because of one of the weaknesses of his skill...but that's a story for another time...

For now, both duo were sitting in a pub...their head covered with a hood while an illusion magic was casted on their appearance.

Ria : You said you wanted to go to Dynasty Sarion...but we still don't have a single clue...

Dawn : They use illusion magic...and surprisingly even my skill Reader cannot bypass it.

Ria : So what should we do ?

Lowering his gaze, Dawn had tried multiple times already...he used different methods but all ended in failure, he couldn't crack the path toward Sarion.

Dawn : I guess it can't be helped...

Sighing, he was about to get up when a sudden chill ran through his body...quickly standing up, he turned around visibly uncomfortable.

Dawn : (What an aura...)

He had just felt a powerful haki being released...it was for a short instant but his sense after being near Ramiris had greatly improved.

Ria : Mmh ?

Dawn : Let's go...

Not waiting, he quickly went to chase that aura...it was pure and colored in green, a mark from the elven race.

Dawn : (To release such an aura...maybe my luck hasn't run out yet..)

Quickening his pace as Ria followed closely, they soon reached an alley where a few bandits were laughing.

Laying on the ground in front of them was an elven lady...bound in a very erotic way.

Ria : Is that...

Dawn : Yeah, they are probably going to sell her, basically slavery through the closest city that is either Ingracia or Falmuth.

Ria : Should we help her ?

Ria couldn't see since she was behind him, but Dawn was smirking...he had recognized that Elf and there was simply no way weak bandits like these could beat her.

Dawn : Stay here, I'll take care of this myself.

Ria : Mmh...fine, I'll wait for you outside the alley then.

Leaving the alley, Dawn quickly rushed in...blitzing through the darkness, his eyes glowed as he startled the bandits.

Bandit 1 : Wh-*smack*

Before he could even say a single word, he received a jab right into his chin knocking him out.

Turning around, Dawn scanned through the area...

Dawn : 3 left...

Bandit 2 : You bastard !

Taking out his sword and swinging it at the attacker...Dawn didn't back down and instead went in.

His eyes glowed once again as he swiftly threw a piece of rock right between the blade and him.

Dawn : [Transfer rewrite].

The rock switched with a shield, Bandit 2 was stunned for an instant and this was enough for him to get smashed into the wall.

Using the blind spot created by the shield, normal humans cannot see through matter...and thus 2 was down.

Bandit 3 : W-what are you !

Bandit 4 : Who cares about that ! Kill him !

Panicking, Dawn calmly looked at them...he sighed and grabbed the second bandit's sword.

Dawn : Might as well use both of your trash as guinea pigs.

Bandit 4 : Huh ?! What are spouting !

He was trying to sound strong but failed miserably as his voice shook under his stress.

Unfortunately for him, Dawn had no pity for the likes of him...the sword he had just picked glowed in bright gold as he slowly walked toward the two remaining bandits.

Dawn : [Story's domain].

His voice echoing through the alley...nothing happened, at least for human eyes...

Right now, the entire space around them was excluded from the cardinal world...this is an experimental power that Dawn had yet to master.

An uncontrollable power that could grant him victory against a much stronger opponent...the rules are simple.

Within that space, everything is under the plot's control...Dawn becomes both the main character of the story inside this space, the reader who witnesses the story and the author who makes the story.

Bandit 3 : What...

The bandits were left confused as for them nothing happened...they didn't know what to do but ultimately decided to attack.

Both jumping on the mc at the same time.

Dawn : [Plot armor].

As the two bandits reached him, their weapon directly pierced through his body leaving fatal damage...or so they thought.

Instead their own arms and legs were severed...

Bandit 3 : Arght !!!

Bandit 4 : What the hell !

Now on the ground paralyzed, Dawn turned on them with a smirk.

As the name suggests, the main character received 3 usage of plot armor within Story's domain...those plot armor directly defy logic and law.

They would return anything in a way that would benefit the main character.

Dawn : (I inspired myself of Jujutsu Kaisen for this...though there is an important limit to my skill...)

With this technique, Dawn knew that he could implement other anime's power as base for his own.

Sighing, it wasn't done...Dawn raised his arm toward the two helpless bandits.

Dawn : You know what's funny ? It's that I can literally spam my sub-skill rewrite here.

Within this space, all things being living or not became material inside a story...with Dawn being the Author, he had literal and absolute control on them via unique skill : Author's rewrite.

And so, using supreme authority...the fate of those two bandits changed as their souls were crushed.

The elf who witnessed everything on the side was shocked to say the least...for her this guy appeared more like a death reaper than a knight in shining armor.

Dawn : So...are you going to keep playing the unconscious slave ?

Elf : Ugh...you found out...

Sighing, the elf got up and easily freed herself from her bind.

Elf : Now...are you going to kill me too ?

Dawn : Nah...your majesty, I'm just here to humbly request your help.

Calling her out, the elf's eyes widened as she understood...this man knew her true identity, Elmesia El Ru Sarion, the empress of the Sorcery dynasty Sarion.

Elmesia : So you know me...you are strong...

Dawn : I could say the same for you...(I can't read her...as expected.)

Coming to the weakness of his skill...his rewrite and reader can't work on people much superior in terms of existence.

The term EP can be used, if one is expendantly superior to him, Dawn's skill would be useless and at best provide basic information.

This also proves the existence of Elmesia...right now, Dawn's EP is around 35,320...it's pretty low considering his current status.

Elmesia : Anyway you said you had a request ? Don't tell me you're going to ask my hand ?!

Faking a shocked expression, Elmesia displayed her playful persona while Dawn just sighed.

This sure was a sight to behold, Elmesia El Ru Sarion was described by Rimuru himself to be one of the most beautiful women.

Dawn : I'm actually not really into elf...

Elmesia : That's sad, so what do you want ?

Dawn : For 5 years straight, I have been trying to get into Sarion...I want you to help me get in.

Elmesia : And why would you go there ? I doubt it's for the beauty of my wonderful nation.

Dawn stared at the elf empress, she was really childish...but behind you could easily tell she was a monster of deception.

Dawn : (She must be on guard, I had shown her my skills earlier...it's natural to fear the unknown and at the moment I am a potential threat to her nation.)

Looking down, Dawn grabbed the sword at his wrist and unsheathed it, showcasing the beautiful blade.

Dawn : This sword was called a masterpiece by the blacksmith who forged it but it's incomplete. I heard that the elf are proficient with magic runes.

Elmesia : So you want to put a rune on this sword ?

Nodding, Elmesia carefully stared at the sword then at Dawn...she pondered about a moment before flashing a smile.

Elmesia : How about that, you'll help me do something quickly and I'll guide you to Sarion.

Dawn : That's fine with me as long as it's not unreasonable.

Elmesia : Perfect ! Then let me explain.

Switching to narration mode, the reason for Elmesia's presence here is because of a recently newly established elven slave market.

Multiple elfs disappeared for unknown reasons...Sarion's spy network managed to discover the market but it seems the entire kingdom it set place was partaking in this.

Thus Sarion couldn't take legal action without starting a war...this angered Elmesia who decided to sneak out and resolve that herself.

Her plan was to get captured and get into the market herself to destroy it...but since Dawn appeared, she had another idea...

Dawn : So you want me to help you destroy this slave market and take all the blame on my name ?

Elmesia : I know it's a lot to ask as your name will be tarnished forever but...it will inevitably lead to a war if my name were to be involved, I don't want a meaningless war at the moment.

Dawn : That's fine with me...not like my name has a good reputation anyway.

Elmesia : Heh.

Dawn : I accept, let's get this done already.

Elmesia got curious, she expected some hesitation or a refusal but he just accepted...this whole situation just turned more interesting for her.

After all, if they do succeed then Dawn won't have room for betrayal...he would be a wanted man by an entire kingdom.

If he were to add Sarion in his list of enemies, his life would be as good as over.

Elmesia : What about that girl who came with you ?

Dawn : Oh right, Ria you can come now !

Calling her, the said girl popped almost instantly.

Ria : Yes ?

Dawn : We got some change in our plan, for now come meet our temporary partner.

Turning her face toward Elmesia, Ria shook at her beauty but composed herself.

Elmesia : Ara~what a cute girl, is she your girlfriend ?

Directly sending a teasing, Dawn sighed as Ria's face flushed red....

Dawn : Nah, she is my sister Ria...(better lie on our relationship for now, as much as I can trust Elmesia, it would still be bad if someone were to discover her former identity as a princess.)

What he didn't predict is the state of Ria after the sudden announcement...the poor girl almost fainted at the shock...

Elmesia : Sister, huh...anyway call me El for now.

Just like this, the new set party went on their mission...this went a lot faster as Dawn easily gathered the necessary information by reading through the bandits' information and memories.

There are several underground markets spread around the kingdom of Permia...a pretty large kingdom located near Ungracia.

This kingdom has no real influence over the western nation of this era and is mainly a corrupted nation ruled by money.

Dawn : This will be our plan.

Transferring information with his skill, both El and Ria closed their eyes and visualized his explanation in their mind.

A map appeared displaying the main slave auction located in the capital.

If they truly want to end this whole scheme then taking a single auction out of the many present won't do.

This whole thing will escalate into a political war very fast...this is unavoidable with a single exception.

Destroying the very kingdom...

Elmesia : You can't be suggesting the annihilation of an entire nation...

Dawn : Naturally this is just too absurd, the best we can do is make an example and hope the other stops.

His plan was to cause a huge mess at the biggest auction...destroy, kill...make an example horrific enough to pass this message : Stop this or hope this disaster won't happen to you..

Elmesia : I see...well I was planning to do something similar, when are we going ?

Dawn : It won't be possible today, from what I saw...the biggest event of the month will happen in 2 days where a record of over 300 slaves will be brought to the auction room.

Ria : 300...that's a little bit...

At this information, both Dawn and Ria flinched when El released her aura...to say she was angry was an understatement.

Dawn : Calm down, keep your anger for later.

Ria's eyes widened a little remembering this same line he told her 20 years ago.

Elmesia : You're right, I'll make them pay later.

Nodding, the three of them then went on reviewing the rest of the plan...finally 2 days passed and the trio can be seen inside the auction's room.

Sat in the middle of a crowd of nobles...an illusion spell casted on them.

Dawn : (Everything went as planned...)

They had successfully infiltrated the auction by stealing the invitation from a noble family of the kingdom.

Elmesia : So...we just have to kill everyone here, right.

Dawn : Is that a problem for you ?

Elmesia : I don't like unnecessary blood baths but this time, they really pissed me off.

Nodding, Dawn looked up after scanning the room...there were approximately 98 guests and a few dozen traders.

The slaves seem to be in a separate room ready to come parade in front of all...they will have to take action before that.

Dawn : (I could use Story's domain to end it but I am not sure about the backlash.)

Unique skill Author main ability is called [Rewrite] but this same ability has named sub skills which aren't necessarily mentioned.

Those are the very base of the usage of Story's domain...and like all abilities it takes place after consuming mana.

Story's domain isn't necessarily costly when it's used on a few individuals much weaker but right now...if the domain was to be used the consequence could range from exhaustion to death.

Dawn : (Well...my skills aren't suited for mass killing anyway, I'll just have to resort to magic.)

Sighing, he opened the palm of his hand as a cold mist started escaping it.

Dawn : Been a while since i used Ice magic.

Elmesia : I'll leave it to you then.

Dawn : Yeah.

Ria : Good luck.

As they exchanged a few words, Elmesia casted another illusion spell to make herself and Ria invisible...they then left backstage, their goal ? Freeing the slaves and taking out the upper head of this auction.

Now left alone, Dawn placed his hand on the ground and muttered quietly.

Dawn : To think I would cause a bloodbath on my own volition...well these people aren't good either, not like I am.

The ground freezes at his touch, even after losing Snowie...Dawn's natural element affinity is still ice.

As he grew and developed, his affinity to ice just increased...at this moment 20 years later, his mastery over ice far exceeded what he was capable of with Snowie.

Though, sometimes he wondered how monstrous his ice affinity would be if Snowie was with him...

Dawn : [Ice palace].

Almost instantly, the underground room turned quiet as from the ground to the walls...all were covered in ice.

This included living beings...frozen all the way to their very core, their minds were first shattered, their body temperature reaching sub zero.

It took around 2 seconds for them to die after activation of the spell.

Dawn : I might be actually even worse than these people...not caring about life or death anymore...

Standing up, Dawn looked around slowly...the face of those beautiful noble ladies, those ungrateful pigs, those who took pride in their possession and showed off.

All this didn't matter anymore as they were all equal in death...

Closing his eyes Dawn just walked toward the stage...while doing so the ice started breaking as one by one the statue of ice which were former living beings broke down living particles of dust.

Dawn : I doubt they'll need my help so I'd rather go check if there are any valuable things here.

Directing his way toward the treasure room of this underground auction...Dawn had already memorized the map of the whole structure.

He had finished his part much faster than expected...but all this was in his plan as he had planned from the start to let both girls go while he checked for valuable materials or tools.

Dawn : I might really be a scum for doing that.

As he said, an explosion occurred above...it seems Elmesia and Ria did their part.

Dawn nodded and sped up his search ignoring the gold or fancy gems and just taking materials and items that could help him.

Dawn : Well let's leave then.

Unsheathing his sword, he just had to rampage even more...Elmesia and Ria were never here for the public eyes.

For everyone, the sole terrorist is Dawn...that was the plan since the start.

Dawn : Let's start then Dusk.

Dusk : (Hai hai!)

As magicule leaked from his body, soon a pillar of light reached up to the sky as the guards and army of the kingdom confronted the intruder.

That day, the kingdom of Permia had lost everything...80 % of the nobles were gone and most of their army were annihilated during the grand final...they didn't even succeed in getting the intruder.

This news quickly reached the other kingdom as a name was labeled on this event...the night where God's wrath fell upon the sinners.

At the end, this massacre occurred because of this illegal and disgusting slave market...there was no empathy from most neighboring nations.

On the top of a tower during Dawn's rampage, Elmesia and Ria had successfully got out and were now watching the show.

Elmesia : He sure is impressive (He got a greater spirit it seems...with this kind of strength he could already be called a hero if he actually sided with Humanity.)

Ria : (Dusk seems to be more energetic than usual...was she that excited to release her full power?)

Elmesia : (But from what I'm seeing, he is more a monster than a human...he said he wanted runes, huh...I think mother studied that a long time ago...having an ally like him could be beneficial if he grows even stronger.)

As they thought while watching the pillars of light multiplying as Dawn walked through the army...everything went as planned.

The name Dawn Arceid who was previously wanted by the kingdom of Falmuth now received a higher bounty while classified as a dangerous terrorist.

Elmesia : I guess something like, Fallen hero sounds good for him, hehe.

Reading the news while riding a horse, Luna narrowed her eyes as she was on her way along an army of 20,000 human soldiers...

Their destination ? The forest where both the Orc Lord and Charibdys appeared...this was a disaster unlike any other and a first for history.

But Luna wasn't much worried, Snowie herself confirmed the threat of those two monsters.

As a spirit who had lived for who knows long, she had seen those beasts before and knew one thing for sure.

At full power, they weren't a threat....certainly Charybdis would be like an unkillable tank but at the end they were just mere monsters.

The real problem was the army of orcs who had raised an impressive number of 400 thousand...this was going to be a rough fight.

This is why the now Falmuth army accepted a truce with the other kingdom and formed a temporary alliance.

In total with the other army, the force is around 200 thousand human soldiers...

It will be a total war and bloodbath.

Luna : Dawn...what did he think by massacring that small kingdom...

The news of the illegal slave market was put public...but many overlooked that instead they searched for a way to blame this tragedy on someone and the only name that came out afterward, Dawn Arceid.

Luna : The kingdom of Permia might be a small and rotten nation but they had still agreed to sending forces for this operation...

By killing most of their military force...it's pretty much clear that Dawn was at the moment the most hated man within the human nations.

Snowie : (They all overlook the fact that he ended an illegal slave market.)

Luna : (He still killed many people and basically destroyed the kingdom of Permia...)

Snowie : (This is why you are weak, if you think like that.)

Luna : (Don't get me wrong Snowie, I do agree with this but the way it was executed is too radical.)

Both had different visions over the situation,Snowie is a spirit who only ever cared for her former master while Luna had grown up as a human.

She protected her nation despite seeing all the misery and disgusting sight of it.

Still slowly over the age she started to develop a contradictory feeling toward life...she is a warrior at the service of her kingdom.

She will kill if needed but life is precious...by taking one you're also taking this same life from his family, his friends...everyone who cherished him.

Snowie : (Whatever, but it seems master Dawn had become quite the power house.)

Luna : (Yes...by the way, I was meant to ask...)

All this conversation was made by telepathy as they continued to march toward the forest who will later be known as the Jura forest.

Luna : (If i ever become Dawn's enemy...will you betray me?)

Snowie : (...)

A silence installed as Luna started toward the horizon...waiting for an answer.

20 years...this was the time they passed together, as they speak now Snowie had passed more time with Luna than Dawn...

Yet they never really got along...but still it's 2 decades, anyone would start to develop a strong friendship by then.

Snowie : (Don't misunderstand me, Luna...)

Finally speaking, Snowie appeared in an astral form only for Luna to see...floating right in front of her, her voice was cold.

Snowie : I have no problem to be with you anymore but if I ever get the chance...no if Master Dawn ever orders me to come back to him...I would without hesitation.

Luna : I see...

Looking down, this might not be shared but for Luna, this ice spirit was her best and unique true friend.

There is also a few contact from their academy days but most wnt on with their life.

Luna : (There is only one thing for me to do then...i will find Dawn whatever the cost is...)

Unbeknownst to her...and unlike Ria, Luna had already started her evolution toward the next stage of the human race.

The first crack on her soul leading to a rebirth was apparent...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67 1 7
In a world where superpowers, known as Quirks, define one's potential, Locke Lamora, a globally recognized art prodigy, confronts a reality that seem...
19.3K 1.2K 36
A collection of Side Stories, Bonus Chapters, What If's and other random stuff that I couldn't fit into Odd Beast World. Or I could - later. BEWARE o...
118 8 7
"Does it seem like I desire reincarnation?" After reading a book with a tragic ending, our main character finds himself becoming a magnet for calamit...
4.4K 229 20
Raj a average guy struggling with poverty and his life dies by the hands of some not important bastard. While bleeding to his death he wishes to be r...